[14w11b / 1.7.10 / 1.7.2 / 1.6.4 and earlier][update 6/27] MCPatcher HD fix 4.3.2_03

Hey, quick question. How would I make a Connected Texture that only applies itself when the blocks are placed in this shape:

:Red: :Red: :Red:
    :Red: :: :Red:
    Last edited by BrokenEye: 2/9/2013 4:31:55 AM

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say I have no grasp of it whatsoever"
    — Baron Munchhausen
    Quote from Kahr

Download the preview of MCPatcher for 1.5 prereleases This version is for 13w02b and up only.

So this (beta4/beta5) works with 13w06a, correct?

Thanks.
    Last edited by c0rrupted_one: 2/9/2013 11:38:15 AM
    Stop worrying so much,
    worrying is using your imagination to create things you don't want to.
    New release 3.0.0-beta5. Many bugfixes and a few new features. See the 3.0.0 beta post for more details.

Quote from mmtr1x3

When I use this code :

/ctm/fixed/button_stone.properties
    blockIDs=77
    faces=all
    method=fixed
    tiles=button_stone

It dont works but the next work :

/ctm/fixed/block77.properties
    blockIDs=77
    faces=all
    method=fixed
    tiles=button_stone

The blockIDs and tileIDs properties are now called matchBlocks and matchTiles respectively. So matchBlocks=77 should work.

Quote from mmtr1x3

I don't see how to have blocks that look like the old method.

And I sometimes want to use the new way for somes blocks, the old way for others.

Here the way used actualy :

And here the old way :

I've added a CTM property innerSeams=true to control this behavior. The default is false (current behavior).

Quote from mmtr1x3

I have applied these rules for the beacon block to look like a old one :

As you can see, the texture used for glass is controled by CTM,
    The texture used for the glass of the block form of the beacon, like the old one, is controled by CTM too.
    The texture used for the glass of the item form of the beacon is simple glass and not controled by CTM.

Why ?

It's complicated. I'm working on a way to better handle CTM on blocks-within-blocks like the beacon, but for now, what you see is what you get.

Quote from Wayuki

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // On the bright side, I bought you a teddy bear!
    Time: 2/3/13 1:07 PM
    Description: Unexpected error
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: file

Fixed in beta5.

Quote from Plenty_of_Fish

I have 12 spiders and 12 spider_eyes for Randomobs, but I want it to match spider2 with spider_eyes2, spider8 with spider_eyes8, but it just randomly chooses eyes for each spider!

Can't reproduce this. Are you sure you have the same number of both textures with no gaps in numbering?

Quote from GoldenSword25

Why doesn't connected textures work for my Minecraft? I have the "beta 4" version for 13w06a but it doesn't fix my ugly glass. (I know it works cause HD texture packs work.)

MCPatcher doesn't include any textures. You need to use a texture pack with CTM support, and convert it to the new format if necessary.

Quote from BrokenEye

Hey, quick question. How would I make a Connected Texture that only applies itself when the blocks are placed in this shape:

There's nothing like that currently, sorry.
    Hey the Better skies mod is not working in snapshot 13w06a, I am use 3.0.0-beta 5
    Hi Kahr!

After starting the game with the new beta5-version (with snapshot 13w06a), I get this:

Random textures are completely messed up ... e.g. there's not even a /tallgrass/4.png in my pack, there are only 0.png-3.png. My properties-file for tall grass:
    weights=1 6 3 2
    method=random

The patcher seems to add an additional fake tile everytime ...
    Is that a bug or do I need to change something to my CTM files? (everything worked fine with the beta4-version ...).

PS:
    The new clock/compass multi-layer features are cool and the performance is great. Good work again :)
    Last edited by _zombiehunter: 2/9/2013 4:24:28 PM

"Better than Default" v1.7 is ready for download
    Quote from Azurewhitewolf

Hey the Better skies mod is not working in snapshot 13w06a, I am use 3.0.0-beta 5

It's working fine for me. Was it working in beta4 or in previous snapshots?

Quote from _zombiehunter

The patcher seems to add an additional fake tile everytime ...
    Is that a bug or do I need to change something to my CTM files? (everything worked fine with the beta4-version ...).

Whoops. Yep, there's an off-by-one error if you don't specify a tiles property. Fixed for next release, but in the meantime adding tiles=0-3 is a workaround.

The new clock/compass multi-layer features are cool and the performance is great. Good work again :)

Glad to hear it. I should mention that all the Better Skies blending methods are supported (dodge, burn, screen, etc.). You can also force the game to render a series of frames to .minecraft/custom_{compass,clock}.png. This can be used as a fallback animation for players not using MCPatcher. In the properties file, set outputFrames=100 to render a 100-frame Mojang-style animation. Don't distribute your pack with this property set, just use it to generate the animation and remove it again.
    So is beta5 too buggy? Should I stick with beta4 for use on 13w06a?

thanks.
    Stop worrying so much,
    worrying is using your imagination to create things you don't want to.
    Quote from Kahr

It's working fine for me. Was it working in beta4 or in previous snapshots?

No it was not working in beta4 or in any of the previous snapshots. do you need me to generate some thing for you if so how do you do it. I use a mac
    Quote from Kahr

Fixed in beta5.

Thanks for looking into this. Unfortunately, the game still crashes for me with the new version of McPatcher and the new snapshot.

Here's the new error report:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Shall we play a game?

Time: 2/10/13 11:33 AM
    Description: Unexpected error

at com.pclewis.mcpatcher.TexturePackChangeHandler.openTexturePackFile(TexturePackChangeHandler.java:155)
        at com.pclewis.mcpatcher.TexturePackChangeHandler.checkFileChange(TexturePackChangeHandler.java:199)
        at com.pclewis.mcpatcher.TexturePackChangeHandler.checkForTexturePackChange(TexturePackChangeHandler.java:100)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.K(SourceFile:550)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:526)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
    Details:
        Minecraft Version: 13w06a
        Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
        Java Version: 1.7.0_10, Oracle Corporation
        Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
        Memory: 474779136 bytes (452 MB) / 514523136 bytes (490 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB)
        JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
        AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
        Suspicious classes: ~~ERROR~~ NoClassDefFoundError: com/pclewis/mcpatcher/mod/TileOverride$1
        IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
        LWJGL: 2.4.2
        OpenGL: GeForce GTX 570/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 4.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation
        Is Modded: Very likely; Jar signature invalidated
        Type: Client (map_client.txt)
        Texture Pack: Wayukian_pack_v6.0.zip
        Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
        Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
    Quote from Azurewhitewolf

No it was not working in beta4 or in any of the previous snapshots. do you need me to generate some thing for you if so how do you do it. I use a mac

You sure your skybox and images are in the environment folder rather than the old terrain folder?
    Quote from JestonU

You sure your skybox and images are in the environment folder rather than the old terrain folder?

I will have a look and see if that is the problem.

Edit: Yes that was the problem. I will inform the author of the texture pack that I use about the small problem.
    Last edited by Azurewhitewolf: 2/9/2013 11:38:31 PM
    There is an issue with Computercraft and MC patcher. I did a search and it seems to be an old problem with how the animations work for Computercraft. I was just wondering if there are any work arounds for it.

Either way I think something about should be said on the first page or something. I've been thinking it was an issue with Forge for a long time now and just accidentally found out it was because of Computercraft. I rather give up computercraft than use Optifine :-)
    Quote from Kahr

You can also force the game to render a series of frames to .minecraft/custom_{compass,clock}.png. This can be used as a fallback animation for players not using MCPatcher. In the properties file, set outputFrames=100 to render a 100-frame Mojang-style animation. Don't distribute your pack with this property set, just use it to generate the animation and remove it again.

This is amazing, thanks for that !
    Last edited by _zombiehunter: 2/10/2013 6:13:01 AM

When i click direct download it takes me to a "Panda Cloud Antivirus Safe Search Protection" page..I don't have this software. It's a page that says "The page has been blocked as it contains malware or exploits
    The Web page you are trying to access contains malware and exploits that could infect your computer.
    We advise you not to continue visiting this page."
    The only way that I can proceed is by checking a box that says "I understand that visiting the page could infect my computer" and clicking continue.
    Any advice on how to proceed is greatly appreciated.

If i click the box to continue and hover over the continue button this is the link address
    http://download.clou...r-2.4.5_02.exe#

It looks like it's going to have me download the panda software. I've tried to download MCPatcher in multiple browsers and I have also tried going to bitbucket to download and i am receiving the same result.
    Last edited by Citizen_Kern: 2/10/2013 11:45:57 AM
    There is probably a super easy fix for this, this thread is so huge I'm not sure where to look for a current fix. My fire texture, which to my understanding is drawn up because of coding, displays the "fire text here" texture. How do I override this (using a 256x256 texture size)? I did some google-fu and nothing concrete really came up that wasn't years old.
    Pride is the bane of mankind
    I'm releasing 3.0.0-beta6 to address a couple annoying bugs in yesterday's release. No new features in this one.

Quote from _zombiehunter

Random textures are completely messed up ... e.g. there's not even a /tallgrass/4.png in my pack, there are only 0.png-3.png. My properties-file for tall grass:

Fixed in beta6.

Quote from Wayuki

Thanks for looking into this. Unfortunately, the game still crashes for me with the new version of McPatcher and the new snapshot.

Sorry, I misread the stack trace initially. Should really be fixed this time.

Quote from nemesistic

There is an issue with Computercraft and MC patcher. I did a search and it seems to be an old problem with how the animations work for Computercraft. I was just wondering if there are any work arounds for it.

Fixed for next 2.x release (the issue is moot in 1.5's new animation system). You can build MCPatcher yourself from bitbucket if you don't want to wait.

Quote from Citizen_Kern

When i click direct download it takes me to a "Panda Cloud Antivirus Safe Search Protection" page..I don't have this software. It's a page that says "The page has been blocked as it contains malware or exploits

You must have this software on your computer somehow, maybe as a browser extension. Some people have had better luck getting the jar version by overzealous AV software. The exe is simply the jar in a standard launch4j wrapper.

Quote from Seven Dragons

My fire texture, which to my understanding is drawn up because of coding, displays the "fire text here" texture.

I'm assuming you're asking about 1.4.7. Make sure you're using MCPatcher 2.4.5_02 not 3.0.0 and place your animations at /anim/custom_fire_n_s.png and /anim/custom_fire_e_w.png. Each image should be 256 pixels wide and 256*n pixels tall, where n is the number of animation frames. Try looking at other texture packs that are working to see how things are laid out.
    Random textures are OK now (thx for the fast bugfix update :) ), but yesterday I found another issue with my wooden logs:

This is how my jungle wood logs look like when playing with MC 1.4.7 and MCPatcher 2.4.5_02:

This is how they look like when playing with the 1.5 snapshots and the 3.0.0-beta6-patcher:

The behavior of logs when using method=connect is a bit odd when placed next to rotated logs, I think this needs to be fixed too ...

Much love for the Kahr! So many miles and still going strong!
    Quote from thecrazydudesrd

Much love for the Kahr! So many miles and still going strong!

I'll always second that!
    Kahr,

May I suggest that you add Random Paintings just as you have added Random Textures for blocks? I think that would be amazing and I know I talked to the players on my server and they all said that they would love to see this added if it's possible.
    24/7 Medieval Fantasy RP Server
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes