[14w11b / 1.7.10 / 1.7.2 / 1.6.4 and earlier][update 6/27] MCPatcher HD fix 4.3.2_03

Bug:
    https://dl.dropbox.c...j/book.zip?dl=1
    This texturpack changes the book gui and use annimated arrows. But the annimation only plays in mp and not in sp.
    Please fix it.

other annoying things:
    -renderpass=2 dosn't support userplaced leaves but natural generated(they become invisible after blockupdate next to them)
    -Biomeskins doesn’t change when the mob walks in another biome
    -endless .propertie files ->solution: all .properties in one file separated with # or something else
    -CTM/Animation/... dosn't render in inventory/item frames/...
    Last edited by odisos01: 11/8/2012 11:24:21 AM
    I haven't been keeping tabs on this thread, so someone may have already answered it, but what is the experimental outline mode? I've tried turning it on and patching at several occasions, but didn't notice anything.
    Fare well everyone! My time to retire has come!
    "And with that, POW! I'm gone."
    ---Lord Crump
    Quote from odisos01
    -Biomeskins doesn’t change when the mob walks in another biome
    [color=#222222]-endless .propertie files ->solution: all .properties in one file separated with # or
    I didn't think it was supposed to. It would look strange if you saw it happen. I quite like seeing desert creepers chase me into the jungle; It makes sense.

A double resolution graphics pack that stays faithful to the originals.
    Hello, I would like to use custom colors for having a custom lightmap based on the original, the only thing I would like to change is night vision colors. How could I found/remake original lightmap0.png, lightmap1.png and lightmap-1.png texture since it's not available in the minecraft.jar.

Augmented Native, 300+ downloads since 19/03/2013
    Yeah,i 'm new minecrafter and i love this MC Patcher so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)))))))))
    Hi Kahr !
    The "Better Glass" mod does not work with the 1.4.4 pre-release.

:) Besides, out of curiosity: Any progress with the CTM jukebox stuff (possible/not possible?)

"Better than Default" v1.7 is ready for download
    does anyone have an MC patcher 1.4.2 i can download as a zip file?
    Quote from Eliotthib

I installed MC patcher to use Sphax and had trouble with forge working. I tried to start fresh with a new .jar but it seems that the patcher has perpetually ruined my ability to mod my .jar without it freezing. I've been modding my game long enough to know the routine. What gives here?

I deleted the MCPatcher and my game still won't load after I put forge into it but it was working just fine before. If this a new bug or is my computer somehow retained MCPatcher qualities without me knowing?

I'm at a loss. It works fine till I put forge in, then nothing... Freezes at the edge of loading like I forgot the META.Inf. Help?!?!?! I've started fresh, I've wiped my computer clean of all things MC and since I DL'ed MCPatcher it has worked, even though it worked just fine before hand.

Install forge and optifine instead.
    I am "The Support Guy" for ImageToMap
    Quote from _zombiehunter

Hi Kahr !

:) Besides, out of curiosity: Any progress with the CTM jukebox stuff (possible/not possible?)

He's not updated the patcher for 1.4.4 yet, I expect he'll do that in the next week or so.
    "Not everyone who has a built a nice chair owes money to the guy that invented chairs"
    Quote from Graloth

I'm a bit confused as how to correctly use the "connect" property for CTM, the example explains it as following:

Can anyone explain a bit better, what is meant with the connect property? if it only connects to blocks or tiles of the same id (as it says), then what purpose does it serve, as the ctm method does that much better.

That property alters the behavior of the CTM method. connect=block means two blocks will connect if they have the same block ID. connect=tile means they'll connect if they have the same tile number in terrain.png. There are advantages to both depending on the situation.

Currently, there's no way to specify arbitrary criteria for connecting two different blocks like you're asking (sandstone next to grass). It's a feature that has the potential to get out of hand with rules on top of rules and exceptions for each. I'm open to suggestions for a concise way to specify such rules in a .properties file.

Quote from corner_g

I haven't been keeping tabs on this thread, so someone may have already answered it, but what is the experimental outline mode? I've tried turning it on and patching at several occasions, but didn't notice anything.

See this post. Create a file called /ctm/template.png following the standard pattern for CTM glass. The screenshots in that post are using a simple black outline to create a Borderlands look.

Quote from mmtr1x3

How could I found/remake original lightmap0.png, lightmap1.png and lightmap-1.png texture since it's not available in the minecraft.jar.

This is difficult because the vanilla lightmaps are generated in code using a completely different method (EntityRenderer.updateLightmap in MCP). It's the same reason there's no png for the default fire animation. You'd have to look at that code, split out the torch and outdoor lighting components, and then create a lightmap.png that approximated the same thing.

Quote from _zombiehunter

Already fixed and will be released soon.

Besides, out of curiosity: Any progress with the CTM jukebox stuff (possible/not possible?)

I got it to work (yay!), but only on 1.2.5 and earlier (boo!). You see when Mojang merged SSP and SMP, a lot of data was no longer sent to the client. One of those items is which record is playing on a jukebox. Note blocks have a similar problem since they're also tile entities. I've tried a few workarounds, but haven't found anything I'm happy with, so I'm abandoning the idea for now.
    Quote from Miner_13

Sorry but i'm not using Optifine.

Mod list:
    Forge
    Inventory Tweaks
    QuinOptions
    3D Items
    Painting Selection GUI
    CodeChickenCore
    NEI
    For the lightmap, I have seen this line:
    this.mc.renderEngine.createTextureFromBytes(this.lightmapColors, 16, 16, this.lightmapTexture);

To what correspond this texture

Quote from Kahr

I got it to work (yay!), but only on 1.2.5 and earlier (boo!). You see when Mojang merged SSP and SMP, a lot of data was no longer sent to the client. One of those items is which record is playing on a jukebox. Note blocks have a similar problem since they're also tile entities. I've tried a few workarounds, but haven't found anything I'm happy with, so I'm abandoning the idea for now.

Abandoned for now ? That's sad ... sounds like the new way how SSP and SMP works gives modders some massive disadvantages. Maybe Mojang planned to fix that problems with the official Modding API, but the API will be released in about ten years with the current development speed ... :(

... but thx for trying that Jukebox CTM thing, you're doing really great work with this patcher.

Another question:
    Any plans to add a optional shader mod (e.g. for water shaders, dynamic shadows and dynamic lights) to the patcher ?
    Up to now, shaders are the only important feature still missing in MCPatcher. Optifine and Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders mod are rarely updated and there's currently no way to get any shaders running along with all MCPtacher features and Minecraft 1.4.
    Would be awesome to have things like this available along with Random Mobs, CTM. Better Skies, Better Glass, ... :
    http://www.minecraft...c-shadows-more/
    http://www.minecraft...ader-alpha-v5b/
    http://www.minecraft...dynamic-lights/

When Mojang's new rendering engine is out (in about five years <_< ), this could be some nice ideas for MCPatcher ....
    Last edited by _zombiehunter: 11/10/2012 5:41:20 AM

I am using mcpatcher with 1.4.2 and i am getting this error.

MCPatcher version is 2.4.3_03
    JVM: Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_01 (64 bit)
    Minecraft version is 1.4.2 (md5 771175c01778ea67395bc6919a5a9dc5)

Launching C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar
    java -cp C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin/minecraft.jar;C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin/lwjgl.jar;C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin/lwjgl_util.jar;C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin/jinput.jar; -Djava.library.path=C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\natives -Xmx1024M -Xms512M net.minecraft.client.Minecraft
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/pclewis/mcpatcher/TexturePackAPI$ChangeHandler
    at kw.b(SourceFile:164) [Potion]
    at kw.<clinit>(SourceFile:17)
    at vb.<clinit>(SourceFile:74)
    at tt.<clinit>(SourceFile:131)
    at alf.<clinit>(SourceFile:324)
    at bbo.<init>(SourceFile:14)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.<init>(SourceFile:126)
    at ara.<init>(SourceFile:36)
    at net.minecraft.client.MinecraftApplet.init(SourceFile:36)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.main(SourceFile:1611)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.pclewis.mcpatcher.TexturePackAPI$ChangeHandler
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 10 more
    Someone is closing me!
    Minecraft exited with status 1
    nobody?
    I've noticed a few bugs, thought I'd report them here.
    • renderPass ignores metadata value and applies to all blocks of the same ID (link: https://github.com/pclewis/mcpatcher/issues/61)
    • Beacon can't be targeted, either I'm doing it wrong or something is preventing it from getting the texture, I've tried using terrain49.properties with blockIDs set to 138 (beacon ID), and block138.properties, neither work and nothing happens to the beacon block. (I'm trying to change the glass texture it uses)
    Quote from Graloth
    • Beacon can't be targeted, either I'm doing it wrong or something is preventing it from getting the texture, I've tried using terrain49.properties with blockIDs set to 138 (beacon ID), and block138.properties, neither work and nothing happens to the beacon block. (I'm trying to change the glass texture it uses)

Tried that too and found the same problem. Kahr, will there be any way to change the glass parts of beacons or a way to add Better Glass support to them ?
    Last edited by _zombiehunter: 11/10/2012 1:17:14 PM

Patcher is updated for 1.4.4.

There's a small new CTM feature, a new connect type.
    • connect=block - Connects blocks if they have the same block ID.
    • connect=tile - Connects blocks if they use the same tile in terrain.png.
    • (New) connect=material - Connect blocks if they have the same material (grass, stone, wood, etc.). Blocks of the same material show up the same color on maps. One potential use for this is connecting ore blocks to the surrounding stone.

Quote from _zombiehunter

Any plans to add a optional shader mod (e.g. for water shaders, dynamic shadows and dynamic lights) to the patcher ?

I believe the GLSL Shader mod built in to MCPatcher still works (Use the -experimental flag on the command line to enable it). At least it appears to work with the latest Sonic Ether and 1.4.4, but I haven't done any testing beyond that.

When Mojang's new rendering engine is out (in about five years &lt;_&lt; ), this could be some nice ideas for MCPatcher ....

Forget a whole new engine. Just a couple changes would make everyone's lives much easier:
    • Fix the few remaining bugs that prevent HD fonts and textures from working out of the box. Just do it already. Then MCPatcher, Optifine, and Forge won't have to tiptoe around each other making effectively the same trivial changes to the same bits of code.
    • Add proper support for more than one terrain/items tileset so mods don't all have to **** around with the same global Tessellator instance. Mojang has to do this soon anyway because the vanilla terrain.png is almost full.
    Quote from Graloth
    • renderPass ignores metadata value and applies to all blocks of the same ID (link: https://github.com/p...tcher/issues/61)

Not much I can do about either of these I'm afraid. Render pass is a per-block property in Mojang's code and changing that would be difficult. And the beacon block uses a special rendering method that forces a different texture from the one CTM returns.
    I geht this Error everytime i start MCPatcher:

MCPatcher version is 2.4.3_04
    JVM: Oracle Corporation 1.8.0-ea (64 bit)
    Classpath: C:\Users\Phoenix\Desktop\mcpatcher-2.4.3_04.exe
    Minecraft version is 1.4.2 (md5 771175c01778ea67395bc6919a5a9dc5)

Analyzing C:\Users\Phoenix\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\minecraft-1.4.2.jar (1887 files)
    GameSettings matches ard.class
    GLAllocation matches aqk.class
    createDirectByteBuffer matches c (I)Ljava/nio/ByteBuffer;
    Minecraft matches net/minecraft/client/Minecraft.class
    runGameLoop matches J ()V
    startGame matches a ()V
    startGame matches a ()V
    startGame matches a ()V
    TexturePackList matches bcp.class
    updateAvailableTexturePacks matches c ()V
    TexturePackList matches bcp.class
    updateAvailableTexturePacks matches c ()V
    TexturePackDefault matches bcl.class
    TexturePackDefault matches bcl.class
    TexturePackBase matches bck.class
    getInputStream matches a (Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/io/InputStream;
    TexturePackBase matches bck.class
    TexturePackFolder matches bcn.class
    TexturePackFolder matches bcn.class
    TexturePackCustom matches bcm.class
    TexturePackCustom matches bcm.class
    FontRenderer matches asb.class
    <init> matches <init> (Lard;Ljava/lang/String;Lazc;Z)V
    FontRenderer matches asb.class
    renderString matches a (Ljava/lang/String;IIIZ)I

Unexpected error while handling UI event java.awt.event.InvocationEvent[INVOCATION_DEFAULT,runnable=javax.swing.text.DefaultCaret$1@18b1258d,notifier=null,catchExceptions=false,when=1352583026255] on sun.awt.windows.WToolkit@7913938a
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 48
    at javax.swing.text.BoxView.layoutMajorAxis(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.text.BoxView.setSpanOnAxis(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.text.BoxView.layout(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.text.BoxView.setSize(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.text.WrappedPlainView.setSize(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTextUI$RootView.setSize(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTextUI.modelToView(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.text.DefaultCaret.repaintNewCaret(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.text.DefaultCaret$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.pclewis.mcpatcher.MainForm$1.dispatchEvent(MainForm.java:93)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I am on the way to create "The original lightmap texture", i will release it here when done, but Kahr, I have seen something interesting that answer to somes questions I have before :
    Quote from EntityRenderer.java »
        public void updateRenderer() {
    	   //...
    	    if (BossStatus.field_82825_d) {
    		    this.field_82831_U += 0.05F;
    		    if (this.field_82831_U > 1.0F) {
    			    this.field_82831_U = 1.0F;
    		    }
    		    BossStatus.field_82825_d = false;
    	    }
    	   //...
        }
        private void updateLightmap(float par1) {
    	   //...
    			    if (this.field_82831_U > 0.0F) {
    				    var16 = this.field_82832_V + (this.field_82831_U - this.field_82832_V) * par1;
    				    var13 = var13 * (1.0F - var16) + var13 * 0.7F * var16;
    				    var14 = var14 * (1.0F - var16) + var14 * 0.6F * var16;
    				    var15 = var15 * (1.0F - var16) + var15 * 0.6F * var16;
    			    }

//...
       }

EntityRenderer.field_82831_U is used to make the world darker when there is a Wither.
    Is it possible for you to let texture pack author change this hard-coded color.
    I make a proposition for a parameter to put in /color.properties :

light.boss=B29999

If it is already implemented, could you say how to change it ?

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes