Note that this pack is still a work in progress. Not all blocks have been changed yet.
DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE THIS TEXTURE PACK ANYWHERE ELSE. DO NOT USE ANY CUSTOM ELEMENTS OF THIS TEXTURE PACK IN REMIXES OR ELSEWHERE.
How to Install
NorseCraft Texture Pack
- Download the .zip file
- Unpack the .zip file into the resourcepack folder in .minecraft
- Start Minecraft and select NorseCraft in the Resource Pack options
This texture pack also includes a language pack that changes the Pirate Speak to Viking speak. It's moslty just English but changes a few things here and there for better immersion. It also changes some of the item names to better fit the style of this texture pack, so I highly recommend using that.
I don't expect anyone to pay for a texturepack. But creating a texture pack such as this takes a lot of time and work.So if you are feeling generous, any donation is always welcome.
Do I need a patcher for this texture pack?
No, you do not need a patcher for this texture pack to work.
Just drag and drop the .zip file in to the texture pack folder.
Is this really 16x16?
In a way, most of the textures are 16x16 but a number of other textures like the mobs and particles are 32x32. This is to put more detail into the texture pack without needing any kind of patcher.
Will you make a higher resolution version of this texture pack?
No. This is designed for this resolution and will look wrong when scaling it up.
When will this texture pack be finished?
When it's done.
Are you going to add Aether mod support?
How do I make those shields/animal skins on the walls?
Texture Pack Contents
This version includes:
- Manly gui and hud
- viking decoration
- sun and moon
- Maps and pumpkin overlay
- Zombie as Draugr
- Creeper as Dragon/Lindworm
- Slime as cave troll
- Zombie Pigmen as Surtr's Warriors
- Ghast as Fire Demon
- Endermen as Dark Elves
- Giant Squid
- Scary spider
- Fleshy Skeleton Archer
- Prettier Sheep, Chicken, Pig, Cow and bat
- hotfix for the cobblestone and stonebrick[/size]
- made compatible with the new resource pack system of 1.6.2
- added a number of blocks and items like the sign, nether star, beacon and more.
- added horse interface
- added witch
- added wither
- tweaked zombie villager
- tweaked villager priest
- fixed underside of the enderman head
- fixed support for Balkon's Weapon Mod
- made compatible with minecraft 1.4.6
- redesigned the interface
- added more terrain like ice and clay
- added more items like redstone dust, gunpowder, clay, and fish.
- added iron golem as a Jotunn/Giant
- added snowman
- added ocelot and cats as lynxes
- added blaze
- added bats
- made compatible with minecraft 1.2
- added mushrooms, rails, saplings, enchanting table and dragon egg, new coloured planks,
new stone and sandstone blocks, soulsand and netherwarts.
- changed the bed
- made compatible with minecraft 1.0
- made compatible with 1.9 beta
- added cave spider
- added slime as a little bouncy troll
- added zombie pigmen as Surtr's warrior
- added villagers
- added scary ghasts
- added endermen dark elves
- added the Ender Dragon
- added moreHealth support
- added partial support for Balkon's Weapon mod
- enhanced the skeleton, he's now more fleshy and has remains of clothes
- changed music disks to magical runes
- added trees, foliage and reeds to the terrain
- added glowstone
- added all tools and some other items
- added pig and saddle
- added the last painting
- added minecart
- added CTM support
- added grass, dirt, snow, gravel and sandstone
- added roses
- added mob spawner
- added boat
- fixed cake and fishingrod bugs
- made compatible with 1.7 beta
- added redstone as runes
- added ferns and brown mushrooms
- added pistons and shears
- added chicken
- added woodwork ornaments to the trap interface
- made compatible with 1.6 beta
- added Mojang logo in viking style
- added custom stone, cobblestone, ores and stone slabs
- added scary spider
- added sheep and cow
- added more viking decorations
- added some more items
- fixed some stray pixels
- made compatible with 1.5 beta
- added wolves and squids
- added round sun and moon
- added pumpkin as skulls and changed pumpkin 1st person view
- added 7 new paintings
- added Norsecraft title logo
- added texture pack icon
- added achievement interface
- changed creeper to a dragon
- changed some items
- changed bed to have a sheepskin
- added armour
- added items
- added terrain
- added art
- fixed missing trap interface
- added mobs
Viking Character Skins
NorseCraft Banners Put these banners in your signature to show your support!
The following 3rd party content in this texture pack is my original work except for the remaining default sprites which I have not replaced yet. So by the terms of http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp all 3rd party content in this texture pack is my property and copyrighted to me. This pack may be downloaded and shared in it's original form. It is intended for personal use only. It may not be redistributed on the internet (be it in part or in whole), used as base to build on for derivative works or used for commercial purposes without my express written permission. As an exception derivative works are allowed ONLY for private uses.
That's gorgeous... You should send it to the maker of Painterly and have it a Painterly option (assuming it is 16x16?). =D
The interface is the original resolution, the armour isn't though. But I might make low res version aswell, if I feel like it.
I'll probably add a preview of the furnace soon when I'm done with it.
Hey, I'm new to these forums, and have been playing Minecraft for a while now. So when I discovered that it's really easy to mod the ingame textures I decided to make a viking themed texture pack.
At the moment I only plan to make interface and armour, though I might make more other things as I go.
Here's a quick preview of some of the stuff I've done so far. More to come soon.
Nergasm! I hope you will finish this project. It looks amazing!
well... the menu interface looks glorious... i want it... could be better if you could include a variety of flavors other than "chocolate cake" (seriously, looking at the menu interface made me hungry)
and on a side note, the helmet looks pretty cool... i want it XD