TheGERUDOKU pack is a remix of doku's RPG texture pack. It contains a lot of different textures that were casually stolen from everyone and then compiled into a total minecraft reskin. There's also some minor edits I made personally (mostly recoloring/editing existing textures and other junk that required zero skill). The pack includes terrain textures, items, mob skins, gui stuff, and everything you have ever dreamed of.
temporary fix for the 1.4 update with new default textures copied in, will do a real update sometime this weekend
- GODLY new armor skins by Richasackboy
- new pixelart in kz.png to replace the last few classic art pieces (sorry, mona)
- new HD bed item and textures - new HD font from RunesmithHD fonts seem to cause compatibility issues with modloader, so I'm removing it for now
2/22/2011 - two versions in one day, ohh shiiit
- updated for Minecraft Beta 1.3
- edited bookshelves again. last time. serious.
- new recolored mojang splash logo
- some stuff (bed textures, mostly) are just upscaled placeholders, but should work okay for now
- completely untested!!
- updated for Minecraft Beta 1.2_02
- too much to list, just see for yourself okay!!
12/18/2010 - Lots of changes this time, see below for more...
NEW 32x32 items (dusty, hozz, cerealkiller54 weapon edits)
replaced painterly armor with eld's (painterly still available as alternate)
alternate cart skin (ASUK)
added support for the wild grass mod
swapped doku-style bookshelves & spawner with alts (johnsmith)
alt ore blocks (dusty), alt lightstone (glimmar), edited alt recordplayer (shiny)
other misc. alt textures (ladder, steel, bricks, portal, door)
fancy "moonlight" shaded vignette overlay (inspired by aza)
fixed jackolantern-style pumpkinblur stretching issue
redone default kz.png with neat decorations by johnsmith & runesmith
(classic art kz.png still available as kzc.png)
11/19/2010 - Small edits & changes to several textures. New craftbench tools, darker hellstone, lighter mud, better log rings, more tileable clay. Fixed compatibility with mcpatcher-1.1.9 (portal textures, compass, and sundial should now display correctly). Added (slightly edited) custom animated lava from JohnSmith's pack. Added alternate "more traditional" pumpkinblur for loser babies
11/10/2010 - Updated for compatibility with Minecraft 1.2.2. Adjusted a few items & weapons with new ones from Painterly. Added another alternate ghast skin just for kicks
11/07/2010 - New & better hellmud and brimstone textures (think I might actually keep these!!), several new/different alt textures, new TNT from hozz (old bombs still available as alts), edited pumpkin, new fishing lure particle, maybe some other stuff
11/05/2010 - New alt textures (stuff in the lower left of terrain.png), some new mob skins, a few other surprises, and new biome grass & leaf gradients that actually work with bettergrass! No more ****ing around with grayscale!! It's a Thanksgiving miracle
3. Run mcpatcher-1.1.12_02.exe (make sure the Minecraft client isn't running)
4. Click "Browse" next to "Texture Pack" and double-click GERUDOKU.zip
5. Under "Options", check everything except "Custom Portal" (if you don't want johnsmith's custom lava and want to use the default, don't check "Custom Lava")
6. Click "Patch"
7. Close any of the windows you opened during this installation
8. Run the Minecraft client. The GERUDOKU texture pack should now be correctly installed with working animated water/lava/fire and no graphical glitches
NOTE: If you're still getting a blackscreen on load after following these instructions, you may have to delete the "bin" folder in the /.minecraft/ directory and run the minecraft client again to redownload a fresh copy. After that you should be able to patch everything successfully and load the game without blackscreening.
If THAT doesn't work, try placing GERUDOKU.zip in the /.minecraft/texturepacks/ folder and loading it through minecraft's texture switcher. Then exit minecraft and follow the instructions above (steps 1-8) normally.
- Grass is BARELY shaded differently between different biomes. This is intentional.
- If you want to use the lava textures in terrain.png as animated lava instead of JohnSmith's animated textures, just delete custom_lava_still.png & custom_lava_flowing.png from GERUDOKU.zip before you patch, then check "Custom Lava" when patching.
- If you install the MrMMods BetterLight/SimpleMap patcher (viewtopic.php?f=25&t=55700) you might have to run through these instructions AFTER patching with MrMPatcher.jar to install the textures properly
Now you can use the custom alternate .zip files inside GERUDOKU.ZIP to quickly switch out different sets of textures. Here are the alt sets included with the pack:
alt biome foliage.zip - makes grass show biome color shading alt biome sidegrass.zip - makes grass show biome shading, compatible with sidegrass mod alt flowered foliage.zip - adds flowers to grass, leaves, and saplings alt oldstyle oreblocks.zip - replaces smooth flatcolor oreblocks with old doku-style textures alt reset defaults.zip - resets everything back to the default gerudoku textures
HOW TO USE:
1. Ensure you have an archive program like WinRAR or 7zip installed (your built-in unzipper won't work)
2. Unzip GERUDOKU.zip into a folder on your desktop
3. Open the unzipped GERUDOKU folder
4. Right-click the alt pack .zip file you want to install and select "Extract Here"
5. If prompted to replace any files, click "Yes to All"
6. In the GERUDOKU folder, press CTRL+A, then archive all the selected files/folders into GERUDOKU.zip
7. Copy the new GERUDOKU.zip to your desktop, overwriting the old one
8. Install the new GERUDOKU.zip by following the Installation Instructions on this page
Did you ask people, before you put the textures up?
In many cases, yes. For some of the more widespread textures (johnsmith's, for example) or more obscure hard-to-contact cases (monsieurd's mob skins) I did not, for various reasons. Most of the "mix packs" that have been posted in this forum don't even include credits, so I figure that maintaining a comprehensive credits list of everyone whose work is used in this pack is good enough :wink.gif:
Yep, that's one of the optional alternative textures. If you'd like to try it, you can just open terrain.png in an image editor that supports transparency (photoshop, paint.net, psp, gimp) and copy that texture into place where the barred metal door texture is.
very very nice compilation you have there... soooo, I ReMiXed your ReMiX to fit my personal demands (just the terrain and item icons for now. Planning on redrawing some of the mobs)... just in case you're curious about what I did (the hell mud block was taken from SMP's texture pack and flattened just a little bit to make it fit more nicely)
the only thing that you haven't seen on the items.png is the lightstone dust. It won't make any sense unless you try it with the lightstone texture I made in the terrain.png... I think it looks nice in my opinion (it definitely glows) and you are welcome to use it as an alternative if you chose to (or anything else in there for that matter)... it still needs some tweaking around the stones (more cracked maybe?), but I'm pretty happy enough about the whole texture pack that I can now move onto other things (MOB SKINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssssssssss ). Keep up the good work.
EDIT: Oh yeah; and I reduced the overall contrast in the dirt blocks. I feel like the main separation or colors should be between the grass and the dirt, not within the dirt itself. Oh yeah #2, I made new TNT with the same crate idea Doku had, I just wasn't buying the bomb thing.
YO DAWG I HERD YOU LIKE REMIXES SO I PUT A REMIX IN YO REMIX SO YOU CAN REMIX WHILE U REMIX
Nicely done! That TNT is badass and I still love your pumpkin (at least the faces) so I will probably swipe both of those.
Your hell textures are cool, but when I tried them I thought they made the nether seem too "dry", kinda, if that makes any sense. I'm not completely happy with the ones I'm using, but I'll keep looking...
FYI, you seem to have lost the transparency on some of the alternate stuff (not that it matters, really)
I encourage everyone to post their own edits so I can continue to steal the parts I like
uuuuuh which parts? O_o... and yeah, I'm going through hell right now trying to find some glowstone for screenshot taking purposes (I'm changing the textures and i really really really don't wanna hack in this world :T) and I'm not having that much luck :/). When I find some place I'll start re-texturing those. Right now the hellstone specially looks pretty rocky...