This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

JohnSmith Texture Pack V9.7 (32x) [1.4.2]

Thank you for this Texture Pack!
    Great texture pack bro!

Dont bother telling us how to ****ing install it then
    Sentryguns, does this help: Click me :biggrin.gif:

If JohnSmith happens to be scouting around on these posts: Could you add this video (or the one I'm currently working) to the OP, so that these fellas who seems to be too lazy to hop around on the replies to this thread, can figure out how to install this marvelous texture pack?

Also (funny, how I'm posting this, despite the fact that I'm working on a tutorial for another customizer..):
    Have you considering making support for the Minecraft Customizer?
    It really works quite well, and the dedicated topic has fairly quick replies, as there are two coders, who seems to be very active, and very eager to please.
    No offense to you, Flying Sheep, of course, since you are obviously doing a very good job also - this one is simply a different kind of service, which seems to be shooting to the sky these days.
    AVATAR, PHOTO AND SKIN AT THE COURTESY OF WHISKERS
    Absolutely adore this pack. It's really one of the only packs that never get old for me, thanks much, and keep up the good work :biggrin.gif:
    love it.. But why isent it compatable with internet explorer?
    love it.. But why isent it compatable with internet explorer?
    hey, amazing texture pack! I didnt like the stone so i used the customiser, and it wouldnt let me save the image. If anyone could help that'd be great, thanks, and once again, love the texture pack.
    I love your texture pack!! I am using it good job man! :happy.gif:
    HonourSoldier, if you look a page back, I made a post (to find it, just look for my big clunky signature). The first link in the post contains a Video Tutorial, on how to use the customizer, by using the browser "Firefox".
    Mind you, this may not work on Chrome, Safari and/or Opera, and some Mac users are having troubles with this method.
    And it does not work with Internet Explorer, so don't even bother asking!
    I can't get it to work on Mac when I have some things customized.
    The thing is, I have to unzip it to replace the terrain.png with the new one. Then I zip the folder with the new terrain.png file in it, and insert it into the texture pack folder. But in Minecraft, when I'm in the texture pack menu, the JohnSmith icon is all gray and won't go on. Any help?
    Quote from mrisump

JacobCZE: Since you updated to 1.7.3, your minecraft.jar was updated, so your game is no longer patched (if it ever was).
    Patch it again, using the updated MCPatcher, and everything should work fine again.

Okay, thank you very much!
    Cool customizer man! Loving it! :iapprove:
    Great Job on updating your texture pack!
    Quote from pezpayaso

I can't get it to work on Mac when I have some things customized.
    The thing is, I have to unzip it to replace the terrain.png with the new one. Then I zip the folder with the new terrain.png file in it, and insert it into the texture pack folder. But in Minecraft, when I'm in the texture pack menu, the JohnSmith icon is all gray and won't go on. Any help?

This help?

The issue is you have to select all the contents of the unzipped folder rather than the folder itself when rezipping it. Zipping a folder actually puts it inside the zipped folder rather than turning it into a zipped folder.
    No extra programs are required.
    - Courtesy of TheJGSquared and LordPendragon
    Great texture pack. It's been one of my top favorites for a long while now, but there's been one thing that always bothers me: the breaking animation. Sorry if this "glitch" has already been mentioned or not (I REALLY don't feel like reading through this entire topic to find out).

Anyway, the problem is that when you start breaking a block, the block gets lighter, due to the way the breaking animation's background color has been changed.
    For me, this breaks the immersion, so I used the customizer to change it. The only correctly-colored breaking animation was the "bashed" one. I don't really like the "bashed" one because it looks weird, especially with some blocks that aren't as "solid" as stone (such as dirt, glass, and glowstone, mostly).
    My favorite breaking animation is "curly", but it has that wrong background color I was talking about.
    It would be really cool if in 7.5 the breaking animation could be fixed. :smile.gif:
    I'm no good at all with fixing the textures myself, as I've tried it before.
    Very nice texture pack John smith even though I have my own pack, I still love to use yours you are truly one of the best :biggrin.gif:
    AMAZING. Just amazing. One question, though, what happened to the armor? I noticed Iron and Leather are there, and some of the icons for them are missing, as well. Is the download messed up, or are they just not there?
    Quote from Temic

AMAZING. Just amazing. One question, though, what happened to the armor? I noticed Iron and Leather are there, and some of the icons for them are missing, as well. Is the download messed up, or are they just not there?

they just aren't there man. The pack is still incomplete, much to many of our dismays :smile.gif: but it is an amazing pack, and there is plenty of packs you can privately get armour textures from, for your own use.
    This texture pack looks great! :smile.gif:
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes