- Open using Java RE - from context menu click Open with > Java,
- Or in terminal java -jar RPW_FILE.jar
- Or mark as executable and double click, it'll work if you have file associations set up right
- Mount as a disk image
- drag RPW app to your Applications folder
You must allow apps from untrusted sources!
- I have no idea, probably just double-click the file.
↓↓↓ read changelog ↓↓↓
Safer pack handling ("save" replaced with "revert")
Support for Bunny and Guardian
Now allows you to have .git in your project folder
Filters for different asset types ("View" menu)
FancyTree toggle moved to "Options" menu
Added toggle for "auto save"
Small GUI tweaks
- Custom sounds should now work on Windows
- Now leaves .git/ folder in project directory untouched
- Added utility for deleting unchanged vanilla copies from project
To use GIT with RPW, run "git init" in .mcRPW/projects/[YourProject],
NOT in the tmp working copy (the one you open with the button in
- Bugfix for MC 1.6.4 (I thought nobody uses that anymore so it wasn't tested...)
- Fixed bug with lang and sounds not working properly (was broken since 1.7.2)
- Better support for 1.8 assets in Fancy Tree view
- Added texture stitcher / unstitcher by Jakz
- Support for streamed sounds in Sound Manager
- Fixed: Recent Projects menu not showing
- Added fancy tree mappings for 14w25b
- Fixes some bugs related to mod loading (all that was on GitHub and I could at least partially reproduce).
- Moved chests to blocks in fancy view
- Added some error handling for invalid JSON syntax in MC files
- Improved some pieces of the UI
- Now uses Nimbus theme
- Smarter exporting to Minecraft
- Extract dialog now offers only valid versions
- "Mods Found" dialog now has scrollbar and shows real mod names
- Fixed some resource leaks & other bugs
- Now supports 1.7.4 and snapshots
- You can now create project from pack
- Basic editing of models and shaders (14w06b)
- Remake of many dialogs
- Added GitHub bug reporting
- Fixed: "Save As" doesn't work
- Fixed: some crashes in image loader
- Fixed: external editors unable to save (Windows)
- Fixed: tree open/collapse icons changing to default
- Many small untracked fixes
- Patch to support new launcher version
- Fixed bug in export routine
- Possibly better support for Windows
- Added scrolling log window
- Last 10 runtime logs are now archived
- New icons in alert dialogs
3.8.1 and 3.8.2
- bugfix and patch releases (important)
This update brings a ton of cool new stuff, and finally gives you a handy tool for adding custom sounds to your packs.
There's also a big change in the main menu, save system and everything is more polished and smoother.
It's not tested on Windows or Mac yet, so inform me if you find a bug.
- Added support for custom sounds
- Save mechanism made more reliable
- New Guide Book
- Main menu overhaul
- Many important bugfixes
* fixed few tiny bugs
* Re-loading vanilla pack now also scans the /mods folder and lets you load mod files
* Added warning about orphaned asset nodes, and a menu option to disable it
* updated to support 1.7:
* fixed a bug caused by a duplicate sounds folder in MC resources (Mojang, you suck)
* reorganized some assets in the fancy tree (blocks and items mostly)
+ added menu command "Open project folder"
+ added update notifications (fetches a text file with version from my Dropbox )
+ fixed two resource leaks
* Fixed long project name going outside the side-panel bounds
* Fixed crash in some unofficial Java version (NPE caused by "invokeAndWait")
+ Added "included_files" folder to project for output ZIP injection
-> If you add any files to this folder, they will be packed to the output zip
To see the folder, click the "open" icon in the right sidebar.
* Patch: Internal text editor now opens ONLY text, not images
Changes and fixes
* Fixed ordering of lowercase and uppercase letters in some dialogs
* Text preview now auto-scrolls to top (was bottom before)
* Side-panel now shows real file name above the preview.
* Side-panel's size and layout shouldn't change when changing previewed item
* Improved shortcuts (F3 = log, Ctrl+T = Project Summary)
* Re-ordered menus and context menu to be more intuitive and easier to control
+ Added built-in ".mcmeta" editor with code templates
+ Added built-in text editor with a integrated list of formatting codes
+ All code editors have proper syntax highlighting
+ Built-in editors can be enabled/disabled using the "Configure Editors" dialog
New context-menu commands
+ "Assign resolved, ignore VANILLA"
+ "Copy to project, ignore VANILLA"
+ "Delete '.mcmeta' files from project"
+ "Open in editor"
+ "Edit '.mcmeta' file"
+ Vanilla import now supports ".ini", ".properties" and ".cfg" (used by some mods)
+ Added "Project Summary" dialog with a list of files that would be exported
+ It's now possible to add ".mcmeta" to files that weren't animated before
+ Added a help page about ".mcmeta"
Version 3.2 fixes a major flaw in the project system, which caused projects to get corrupted, combined, messed up and a lot of other weird stuff.
It's strongly recommended to upgrade.
* Fixed bug that exported animations were corrupt.
YOU MUST RE-IMPORT YOUR LIBRARY PACKS
FOR THIS FIX TO HAVE EFFECT!
+ "Manage projects" and "Manage library" dialogs now allow
multiselect for easier deleting (try CTRL and SHIFT)
+ Added "Manage packs in MC" dialog - good for deleting junk
created with "Export to MC";
* Fixed a lot of bugs
* Fixed visual glitches in the side panel with preview and project info
* Fixed flickering tree table, making the tree labels to disappear
* Grand code cleanup and purification
+ Import button in Manage Library dialog
+ Recent projects submenu in Project menu
+ Auto-open on last project (if not closed with no project)
+ Help page about texturing mods
+ New, better icons for some things
+ Improved many dialogs and parts of the interface
If you didn't try 2.B subversions, then there's also a ton of new bugfixes for you.
* Really fixed the bugs in Windows
* Replaced unicode characters with escapes, so it doesn't write weird letters to screen
+ Improved image preview to use checkered background like GIMP for transparency
+ Added new Quick Guide pages
* Fixed a lot of stuff.
Changes / fixes:
* Maybe fixed problems on Windows, such as not working "open project folder", "edit" etc.
* Fixed bugs in URI / File handling
* Fixed a NullPointer crash randomly occuring in TreeDisplay
* Windows now use JDialog instead of JXFrame = more stable and reliable behavior
+ Context-menu & Preview panel now have button to import replacement for a file
+ Added preview box for sound files (edit and replace buttons)
+ Added more config options regarding editors (open dialog from Options menu)
+ Smarter behavior when copying files to project (auto-set PROJECT as source)
+ When deleting files from project, source PROJECT is replaced with INHERIT
+ Various code clean-ups and fixes
+ Help→Show runtime log option added
* Fixed: On Windows the Sound are missing in Fancy tree
This looks like a great tool for texturing but I'm going to have to wait until V0.2 because I have Windows. Also, lets not get into a war over which os is better.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
PROGRAM - n. A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's input into error messages.
v. tr.- To engage in a pastime similar to banging one's head against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.