NBTExplorer - NBT Editor for Windows and Mac

The program won't run under .net framework 4.0, and I can't seem to find the download for version 2. anyone have a link?

Edit: There's one in the NBT edit link in your main thread. It works fine with .net 2 installed.
    Last edited by Firebastard: 5/17/2012 6:58:41 PM
    It's unusual, but there seems to be some people who have .NET 4.0 installed, but not .NET 2.0. Perhaps you are one of them?

I can provide a .NET 4.0 build if you need it, but 2.0 should still cover the most bases (including the Mono folk).
    NBTExplorer - NBT editor for Windows and Mac
    Substrate - Minecraft map editing library for C#/.NET
    So, I'm using this to edit what villagers trade in the latest snapshot.

Thank you for this tool!

Is there any chance you could add copy/paste functions?
    Quote from Bakadakara

So, I'm using this to edit what villagers trade in the latest snapshot.

Thank you for this tool!

Is there any chance you could add copy/paste functions?

Thats the same thing I was thinking...
    Last edited by SoniEx2: 6/7/2012 4:28:14 PM
    Since the new trading system has added incentive for this, I have now uploaded a new version with clipboard support. Please report any problems.
    Great! Now I can finally delete NBTedit from my computer!
    (NBTedit has some weird bugs that I used to constantly trigger)
    Last edited by Graypup: 6/16/2012 11:36:05 AM

http://i.imgur.com/s5Xsq5k.png (MCF hates big images :( and text :( )
    Thanks for this great tool! It will help a lot in my testing and debugging to make sure I've got everything nailed down right :) I'm very impressed with it at current.
    I'm a highly passionate C++ programmer and have actually corrected my professors.
    I was told to get this so I could enable cheats in a 1.2.5 world. Sorry, but I have no clue what to do.

Sorry, scratch that, I'm an idiot. Thanks so much for this great tool! :)
    Last edited by AnoobisCA: 7/11/2012 1:13:02 AM
    I noticed some issues with this - in Java (and Minecraft), all integral types are signed (except characters ofc). But with this program, it seems they are unsigned - for instance the Byte tag forces me to use confusing values in the range 0 to 255 instead of the correct -128 to 127. It's a minor annoyance since it is simple math to find the correct unsigned value from a singed one and vice versa, but it should still be fixed :)
    I'm a highly passionate C++ programmer and have actually corrected my professors.
    That's a good catch. I'm surprised it hasn't come up yet, but bytes are typically used for boolean or very small value ranges so it wouldn't typically come up. What values are you trying to set above 127?

I'll look into it when I get back into town next week.
    I was trying to set a potion effect amplifier to a negative value, and it told me it was not in the valid range. It wasn't hard for me to just subtract from 256 though - I just wanted to point out the bug.
    Is there any way to add a way to change the order of the elements ? That would be really handy for servers.dat file edition !
    How do I open this app with Mono? I can't seem to find any information about this.
    Achievement get! Munchy Master
    Refill your health bar from half a heart with cookies!
    Here's a mac application package I made that's basically just a mono wrapper: http://bit.ly/NBTExplorerMac

It's nothing complex; I made a shell script, and apart from the basic unix initialization, the only line is "mono NBTExplorer.exe"
    Then I put the shell script and all the contents of NBTExplorer.zip in NBTExplorer.app/Contents/MacOS/

And that's it. The only thing I might add in the future is the Mono binaries so that it can run even if Mono is not installed. Actually, I'm going to go do that now. Edit: Done. The link is the same. The package now includes the disk image for Mono, and if it does not detect an installation of Mono, it attaches it, installs the Mono framework, and then detaches the disk image. The installer requires a password, and it prompts for one in a Terminal window. Based on your Terminal preferences, the Terminal window may not close after installation, but you can close it yourself once it has installed since it is not the console for NBTExplorer, it is actually a separate process called InstallMono.

Edit: I accidentally set the icon to the dead bush texture, can somebody send me what the icon is actually supposed to be?
    Last edited by NighttimeDriver50000: 7/23/2012 10:21:06 AM
    Quote from Seratias

How do I open this app with Mono? I can't seem to find any information about this.

It's command line: mono pathtoexe
    This is actually pretty much all I added to make the mac version. (See the above post)
    Last edited by NighttimeDriver50000: 7/22/2012 7:15:45 PM
    Does this work with the latest snapshot? I managed to edit my health, but I cannot edit the enchantment on my pickaxe..
    It should work with all versions of Minecraft including future ones, unless the underlying NBT data format were to change.

If you change the data on a file and save it, then re-open the file in NBTExplorer, you should be able to verify that your change persisted. If it didn't persist correctly, that's a bug in NBTExplorer. If it did persist, then Minecraft doesn't understand the change you made, and so it is ignoring your change and resorting to something else.
    I downloaded this and tried to change the player abilities. I save the changes and exit the program. When I open Minecraft, the changes are erased and it reverts back to the original values. What am I doing wrong?
    You aren't doing anything wrong. As far as I know, Minecraft does not respect the player abilities settings outside of their valid game modes.
    So this program is awesome and I've been using it for editing villager trading.
    One thing though I can't figure out though is if there is a way to have the villager sell you an enchanted item?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes