I've made a very simple tool which allows you to easily switch between different Minecraft versions. You can add as many different versions as you want. You can even switch between patched and vanilla JARs of the same version!
Installation: (If you're updating from 1.0, skip step 0. and replace all existing files at step 2.)
0. Prepare main JARs (minecraft.jar) of MC versions you want to switch between, except the one you already have installed. Put them in the directory where Minecraft.exe is.
1. Download the file linked above.
2. Extract all its contents to where your Minecraft.exe is.
3. Run the INSTALL_SWITCHER script.
4. Give your current version a name. Its JAR will be copied to the launcher's directory.
Just run Minecraft.exe. You'll be asked if you want to switch to another version. Click [Yes] to run the recently played one or [No] to select another.
You can copy any other JAR file to the directory where Minecraft.exe is stored and use it with Switcher too.
- JARs aren't included anymore - gdscei suggests to use MCNostalgia to get previous versions of MC.
- Installer automatically captures your current JAR.
- Total rewrite, maybe some bugs were fixed :wink.gif:
- Added uninstaller script.
- Initial release.
If you've found any bug, please PM me or post in this thread.
Notice, This switcher was interfering with a mod I wanted to use, so I uninstalled it, and the uninstall process deleted all my minecraft-XXX.jar files - my own archived copies of the files which I had copied manually into the folder. Not cool.