This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

[PC] MTE - (Minecraft Texturepack Editor)

I will be making a texture pack, and I will be using this to make it.
    Quote from goggamanxp

I will be making a texture pack, and I will be using this to make it.

Well, thanks :-)

There are some tiles/textures missing in this version of MTE. But...
    im programing version 2 of MTE and it covers already all versions of minecraft.
    In fact, if there is an update of minecraft _after_ the release of MTEv2 you could create
    a new version_db and alter existing/add new tiles and images inside the program.
    Even if i never release a new version you could handle the changes by yourself.
    Quote from pal10

I have the problem, that, when I click on " Open in Editor " there is nothing happening. But I have Gimp set as Standard to open .png data.

The menu named "Open in Editor" doesnt do anything. So its totaly normal that nothing happens.
    You have to open the options-window, choose "Image-Editors" and "Add" an editor.
    Then you will see another menu-entry UNDER "Open in Editor". When you click on that everything will work as expected.
    it is verry cool but my glass and torches are not tranparant??????????
    can you help me
    i use paint
    If my I was helpful you can leave a donation (Klik on this text).
    I wil be 99% of the time be open to install plugins for you or give advice.
    WOW! ITs amazing! I AM DOWNLOADING NOW! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin.gif:
    If you rock, then I rock.If I rock you rock. Get the Mods Mo' Creatures, More Creeps and Weirdos, and Paint Mod! :D
    can you help me
    i use paint
    If my I was helpful you can leave a donation (Klik on this text).
    I wil be 99% of the time be open to install plugins for you or give advice.
    Quote from Nostromo2

The menu named "Open in Editor" doesnt do anything. So its totaly normal that nothing happens.
    You have to open the options-window, choose "Image-Editors" and "Add" an editor.
    Then you will see another menu-entry UNDER "Open in Editor". When you click on that everything will work as expected.

Oh I am so blind ^^
    Thanks for your help.
    I still have a problem :

Shouldn´t there be an "OK"-Button or something ?
    Because, if I just close the window, the program does not save the path to my editor.
    Quote from pal10

Shouldn´t there be an "OK"-Button or something ?
    Because, if I just close the window, the program does not save the path to my editor.

What operating-system are you using?
    The forms apear to have totaly wrong size...
    Did you use the zip-file or the setup?
    Quote from bedmen

can you help me
    i use paint

The only editor you shouldn´t use is ...... PAINT.
    There are a bunch of cool editors out there.
    I prefer the following in no particular order:

1) Paint.Net
    2) Gimp
    3) Photoshop

The first two are freeware. You can use all three of them at the same time if you like.
    Quote from Nostromo2

------------------------------------------------------
    Warning!
    This program is still work in progress and in beta-state.
    So dont hold me responsible for any damage done to your pixelpacks.
    ------------------------------------------------------

[size="3"]The latest version is now 0.4.1.0

Last Update on 28.08.2011, 21:20

NEWS!
    The 3D Modelviewer is getting more and more a complete 3D Model-Editor. So please be patient. The featurelist is getting longer and longer. Take a look at my Testprogramm:

As you maybe noticed, there is a download-button in the bottom right corner. Yes, you can download any skin of any friend you know. It saves the skin and shows it on the model. Just enter a name and click ok. Thats all.

Features are as of know:
    - Loads any texture you have on your harddisk.
    - Move model around in all directions.
    - Zoom in and out as you like.
    - Switch off visibility of different parts of the model as:
    - the head
    - the body
    - single arms and legs
    - move the arms and legs
    - Create new models
    - Edit the texturemapping in 3D-Mode
    This will maybe happen on the weekend. Lets see...

Attention!
    When updating from pre 0.3.0.0 you have to add your external editor under the "options" again,
    otherwise editing won´t work.

[size="4"]Minecraft Texturepack Editor[/size]

Operatingsystem:
    Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7

What it does:
    - Open any texturepack you have in your minecraft/texturepacks directory
    - Open several texturepacks simultanieously and compare them
    - Copy single tiles from one texturepack to another with a mouseclick.
    - Open single tiles in an image-editor
    - Save changed images/tiles and save the texturepack.
    - Change the resolution of any image with a simple mouseclick.
    - Start Minecraft from within the opened texturepack.
    - Stores Backup-copies of original texturepacks.
    - Shows you a 3D-preview of blocks and other things.
    - Copy whole group of tiles.

Videos:
    - Brief introduction into the basic functionality

- The Editor window with an open texturepack.

Any criticism or suggestion is very welcome.

History:
    Version: 0.4.1.0
    - Add: Delete Tmp of Texturepack on closing
    - Add: Searchfunction with preview-image of tile and goto-function.
    - Bug: Background-colors mixed up. Fixed.
    - Change: Checkbuttons, changed look.
    - Add: Texturepack-window is now resizable!!
    - Bug: Problem with selection und update of preview fixed.

Version 0.4.0.0
    - Change: Gui-Buttons changed
    - Fix: Tilelist showing some bogus entries.
    - Change: Missing images are now shown with red background.
    - Add: Selecting and copying groups of tiles.
    - Add: 3D-preview of blocks.
    - Add: About-box :-)
    - Change: Popup menus have been changed.

Version 0.3.0.3
    - Fix: Annoying "path to image editor not found" bug fixed
    - Fix: "Start Minecraft" button should work now.
    - Change: Moved download area to another location on my server.

Version 0.3.0.0
    - New: Copy Image to different Pack now integrated
    - New: Replace whole image with any image on disk is now integrated
    - Fix: Envoking Paint.Net now works
    - New: Now you can add as many external editors as you like.
    Please go to options and add your external editor(s) again,
    otherwise the "open in editor" menu will not work.

Version 0.2.0.1
    - Changed Online-Update file.
    - New: Upgrades are now downloadable inside the program.
    - New: Searchable tilelist now integrated into gui.

Version 0.2.0.0
    - Some bug fixes
    - New: Searchable Tilelist
    - New: Replace tile with image-file from disk.
    - New: If image is modified you´ll be asked for saving before loading another one.
    - New: Update check is now integrated.

Version 0.1.4.0
    - Several bug fixes
    - New: Link two or more PackWindows together, syncing the tile you are watching.
    Great for comparison of texturepacks.
    - New: Changed list of images
    - New: Added searchable tilelist.

Download-Link for the setup.exe:

MTE Version 0.4.1.0 (Setup.exe)

If you dont like setups you can just download a zip-file here:
    MTE Version 0.4.1.0 (ZIP)

Small fix, only mte.exe, zipped file
    Fixes the unknown file-format error when opening whole images in editor.
    MTE Version 0.4.1.2, EXE-ONLY (ZIP)

If you like the software please support the coder. I like coffee, cigaretes and pizza.

Thanks
    Quote from Nostromo2

What operating-system are you using?
    The forms apear to have totaly wrong size...
    Did you use the zip-file or the setup?

I have Windows 7 32-Bit.
    I tried both. The zip-file and the setup.

Ps : Could you give me a screenshot, how it should look ?
    Last edited by pal10: 11/17/2011 10:54:19 AM
    Hi there,

This is most embarrassing to admit as I hardly ever need help using applications specially one as straight forward as this one (might I add amazing too :rolleyes: )
    Anyways...
    I have both gimp 2.6 and PaintNet3.5 and both are giving me problems:
    Gimp seems to have a problem with the path name as in when I open it it gives several errors saying it cant find a file name in 'C:/documents' adn another error 'and' and another for 'settings/*****/application' I think you get the gist. each time there's a space it separates the path name.
    In PaintNET it stupidly says 'file type not supported' I presume it means .png which we all know PaintNET does support?!?

Hope there is a silly step i am missing as I really want to use this great application!!

Thanks!

Gamalin
    Quote from Gamalin

it gives several errors saying it cant find a file name in 'C:/documents' adn another error 'and' and another for 'settings/*****/application' I think you get the gist.

This problem is fixed. But, as this kind of error is coming and going, i blame it on a component i use to launch the editors. I will not use that component in the new version. Instead i will use only native system-calls, as this component gives me sometimes errors in other applications, too. Maybe its because of some ms-patch. Its realy annoying, cause it happened only frequently. Recently i got the idea it could be connected to this component and some os-state. Otherwise it would happen everytime and everywhere, which it is not.
    Im sorry that you run into this problem, but i suppose it wont change until the next version, which i am working on right now.

PS: There is nothing to be embarassed. At least it isn´t even your fault. Without people asking me questions, i would never have noticed that there is a problem with this part of the program.
    Last edited by Nostromo2: 11/18/2011 5:09:36 PM
    this is amazing!@!@!
    Quote from Nostromo2

This problem is fixed. But, as this kind of error is coming and going, i blame it on a component i use to launch the editors. I will not use that component in the new version. Instead i will use only native system-calls, as this component gives me sometimes errors in other applications, too. Maybe its because of some ms-patch. Its realy annoying, cause it happened only frequently. Recently i got the idea it could be connected to this component and some os-state. Otherwise it would happen everytime and everywhere, which it is not.
    Im sorry that you run into this problem, but i suppose it wont change until the next version, which i am working on right now.

PS: There is nothing to be embarassed. At least it isn´t even your fault. Without people asking me questions, i would never have noticed that there is a problem with this part of the program.

Could this also cause my Error ?
    Update for 2.0 as soon as possible, I am hoping to make use meh pack with it! :biggrin.gif:
    If you rock, then I rock.If I rock you rock. Get the Mods Mo' Creatures, More Creeps and Weirdos, and Paint Mod! :D
    Quote from Nostromo2

Ah thanks Mate!

I'll wait till the next version then. It'll give me time to get some ideas together anyways. Top marks on the application with ot without the glitch :ohmy.gif:)

Gamalin
    mac it for mac then its :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: for you
    To be perfectly honest with you, I don't think he understands the importance of my job; if I didn't make something for him to shout at his stress levels would be way to high - seriously, it gets rid of his stress. - War
    For Mac?? Dx ???
    You should totally read this.
    This is a very nice looking program, I'll give it some more use and see what might turn out!
    Hey!
    I'm currently trying out the program, looks decent, but my problem is, because it's not updated to the new minecraft release, all new textures show the name "empty". Is it possible to manually change those names?
    And secondly: Would it be possible to implement drag & drop textures into the program, would make things pretty easy :wink.gif:
    Quote from breeezegames

Hey!
    I'm currently trying out the program, looks decent, but my problem is, because it's not updated to the new minecraft release, all new textures show the name "empty". Is it possible to manually change those names?
    And secondly: Would it be possible to implement drag & drop textures into the program, would make things pretty easy :wink.gif:

You mean dragging a tile from one image/window to another window and drop it there on the image?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes