Eihort v0.2.4 - An OpenGL world viewer [updated 1.5.11]

Quote from calzoneman »
    This looks really cool, but my framerate is at least 10 times worse than in minecraft. I have to crank the view distance down to 10 and lighting on fullbright to get even 20fps.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 (2.5 GHz)
    3 GB RAM
    Radeon HD 5770
    Windows Vista

Minecraft beta 1.4 runs over 100fps with max view distance.

Well, your system should definitely run Eihort very smoothly.. presumably I'm using something that's causing your drivers to fall back to software, though I'm not sure what that could be. I'm using pretty basic stuff that's been in OpenGL for ages. I'll have to create a test version to send to you with some parts disabled to see what could be causing that.

Quote from Montpelier »
    Pre-emptive feature suggestion for the feature you are about to add: Some way to save or specify a camera position in the world so screenshots can be taken from the same angle and direction over long periods. Or like even command line support to automate it OH MAN~

I like this train of thought and I'll take it one step further.. Lua scripting! Not quite yet though :smile.gif:
    Turns out my outdated ATI drivers were causing the slowdown. Working great now!

[bookshelf] [bookshelf] [bookshelf] [bookshelf] [bookshelf] [bookshelf] [bookshelf] [bookshelf] [bookshelf] [bookshelf] [bookshelf] [bookshelf] [bookshelf] [bookshelf]
    I hope this hasn't been asked before, but is it possible to turn off all lighting, or at least torch and lava lights? I'm trying to find hidden chests on my server (there are thieves afoot!) And I'm having trouble pinpointing the chests with the torches and such lightning up all the caves where I imagine chests would be.

The problem with just looking at torches is they aren't necessarily mutually exclusive when it comes to finding chests. I find torches every, but chests not so much. They seem to just sort of blend in.

If there isn't a feature already for that, it would be awesome if you could add it.

Thanks!
    Anthony
    Screenshots are now available on F2 in v0.2.3. The world selection menu is also in :smile.gif:

Quote from asciutto »
    I hope this hasn't been asked before, but is it possible to turn off all lighting, or at least torch and lava lights? I'm trying to find hidden chests on my server (there are thieves afoot!) And I'm having trouble pinpointing the chests with the torches and such lightning up all the caves where I imagine chests would be.

The problem with just looking at torches is they aren't necessarily mutually exclusive when it comes to finding chests. I find torches every, but chests not so much. They seem to just sort of blend in.

If there isn't a feature already for that, it would be awesome if you could add it.

Thanks!
    Anthony

Good idea. I've tossed in a toggle to turn off the normal block lighting.

Now it's time for sleep.. I look like a :Zombie:
    Quote from calzoneman »
    Turns out my outdated ATI drivers were causing the slowdown. Working great now!

Good to hear! Though I'm kinda surprised that even outdated drivers that still manage to run Minecraft couldn't run Eihort.. go figure.
    Thank you for making this :smile.gif: I was playing minecraft and found and found a awesome area to build but I got killed by a zambi (Apparently sleeping doesn't set your spawn all the time >:sad.gif: ) But thanks to you I was able to set my player back to where I was (with help from your extreme view distance :smile.gif:) and I set my spawn with ssp as soon as I got back on minecraft :smile.gif: Again thanks!
    Keep getting 'no regions found' error and it refuses to load no matter how many different ways I drag my save files onto the dang thing. Even dragged region onto it and it still says "no regions found in region."

Running 1.4 beta on a mac with 10.6.7 snow.
    Quote from lloigor »
    Good idea. I've tossed in a toggle to turn off the normal block lighting.

Now it's time for sleep.. I look like a :Zombie:

Thanks for the quick update, you're the best! This software rocks even more now!
    Well this is indeed awesome :iapprove: Thank you for this!! :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:
    The amd64 build runs perfect here! Huge worlds and >2000 view distance, still got good frame rates, it's amazing. Thank you so much!
    Hey i really wanna try this but it wont let me. it opens and everything but the font and world that it opens are both unreadable and blurry
    Thanks
    Great update with the menu to pick worlds - eliminates a few steps each time I want to work on my world and then view the changes. Also, the lighting is better.

Excellent must have tool.

Can't believe this thing isn't up to over 10 pages of replies yet. It is such a great tool. Must be that Portal 2 ARG thing going on right now that has everyone's attention.

Thanks again for such a great tool and the time you spend developing and updating it. Greatly appreciated.
    God im not trying to render EVERYTHING its SO SLOW
    Quote from iReqGh0stNstuf5 »
    Keep getting 'no regions found' error and it refuses to load no matter how many different ways I drag my save files onto the dang thing. Even dragged region onto it and it still says "no regions found in region."

Running 1.4 beta on a mac with 10.6.7 snow.

Odd. I'll try and see if there's anything that could get in the way of the drag and drop. Have you tried running it from the command line?

Quote from jjw0618 »
    Hey i really wanna try this but it wont let me. it opens and everything but the font and world that it opens are both unreadable and blurry
    Thanks

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by blurry.. could you be more specific? (a screenshot would help a lot)

Quote from SirLeon »
    God im not trying to render EVERYTHING its SO SLOW

Someone else has had it running slowly as well. Updating their graphics drivers solved the problem. If that doesn't work, could you help me out by telling me your system specs?

Quote from Nocte »
    The amd64 build runs perfect here! Huge worlds and >2000 view distance, still got good frame rates, it's amazing. Thank you so much!

I'm pretty impressed. My system craps out at a bit over 1k. You must have a pretty mean system.

Quote from IX iTzRogue XI »
    Thank you for making this :smile.gif:

Quote from LiveBUNKERKING »
    Well this is indeed awesome :iapprove: Thank you for this!! :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:

Quote from MIK3K »
    Thanks again for such a great tool and the time you spend developing and updating it. Greatly appreciated.

My pleasure :smile.gif:
    This is excellent work, lloigor. Best Minecraft viewer I've used, by far!

Would it be possible to add options...
    1. vary flying speed
    2. walking (instead of flying)

Cheers and keep up the great work!

Bill
    Quote from lloigor »
    Eihort now comes in a tasty Linux flavour as well!

Ooh fun, seems I missed this when it first came out. Runs well on my machine and looks gorgeous. Many thanks! As a quick question, does Eihort do depth sorting to get stuff like glass transparency to work properly, or some other method? I've yet to figure out how to get it to actually Do The Right Thing in X-Ray.

Oh, and as a minor thing, it'd be nice to have the Linux versions distributed in a .tgz or whatever, instead of a .deb, though it's certainly trivial enough to extract the program on non-Debian-based systems.

Thanks again!
    Great, great and great.

Perhaps add inverted mouse as an option?
    When i open my 800 mb map it wont show. the world is just empty :/
    it works for other maps realy good.

Owner of Diamonyia minecraft server. Check our forum: diamonyia.tk
    Quote from limeboy »
    When i open my 800 mb map it wont show. the world is just empty :/
    it works for other maps realy good.

u got a map there is 800mb???? wow :ohmy.gif: whats in it?
    this just looks awesome and ive tryed it but... it lagsss sooooo much :ohmy.gif: and ive seen a guy who wrote he updated hes graphic card... how do i do that? can anyone plz help?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes