[1.6.2] [Windows] Minecraft AutoMap 0.7.8.1 - Advanced Realtime Map

Quote from wolfkun »
    I am encountering an error, however it brings up the Microsoft Error report.. do you want me to paste it to you in a message? It's not giving any detailed information about what's causing the error.

To note:

- Deleted Bin folder so I could automatically download a fresh copy.

- Ran MCAM patcher without Minecraft running.

- After patched, opened Minecraft, and once in-game, opened MCAM.

- It shows the blue window of starting up, but then it errors.. no details in error message, just a Microsoft Error Report bit.

Strange. That startup procedure sounds correct. What graphics card do you have, and how much RAM? Also send the contents of the crashdump.txt file in the MinecraftAM folder, if there is one.
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series
    1GB of Ram.. and I wish there was a crashdump.txt files in the folder but there is none.

Note: Tried again, deleted the bin folder, and this time deleted MCAM.. re-downloaded both, ran the installer for MCAM without the game running.. then when the game was running I tried to run it and it errored out again.
    Awesome!!! Works like a charm! Great program for navigating; Lots of settings to mess with too. :wink.gif:
    Quote from wolfkun »
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series
    1GB of Ram.. and I wish there was a crashdump.txt files in the folder but there is none.

Note: Tried again, deleted the bin folder, and this time deleted MCAM.. re-downloaded both, ran the installer for MCAM without the game running.. then when the game was running I tried to run it and it errored out again.

Hmm. If there is any detailed information at all given in the error message, it would be very helpful.

Here are a few ideas.
    1. Try a different (perhaps even a new) world in Minecraft. We have seen some maps that gave the static mapper some trouble.
    2. Delete the 'mts' folder in C:\Users\.......\AppData\Roaming\
    -- This is where the program building the static maps keeps its cache. It has gotten bugged for us a few times during development.
    3. If you have a 'MinecraftAMSettings.txt' in the MinecraftAM folder, open it and change the following value:

bDynamicMapEnabled=True

to

bDynamicMapEnabled=False

Then start MinecraftAM again.
    Tried all of the above except for deleting the MTS folder... which oddly enough I do not seem to have any sort of 'roaming' folder anywhere in my directory.

I see a couple of files appearing on my desktop whenever I turn on Minecraft.. Automapserver.txt and Automapserver.log.lck

Both of them appear to be empty.
    Quote from wolfkun »
    Tried all of the above except for deleting the MTS folder... which oddly enough I do not seem to have any sort of 'roaming' folder anywhere in my directory.

I see a couple of files appearing on my desktop whenever I turn on Minecraft.. Automapserver.txt and Automapserver.log.lck

Both of them appear to be empty.

The Automapserver files are created by the mod installed into Minecraft - they most likely contain no useful information at this time.

I guess on XP you wouldn't have a Roaming folder. The 'mts' folder will be in one of your Application Data folders. If I recall, XP has a Local Settings/Application Data folder along with the normal Application Data. Or something like that.

Usually, the only time you get an error with no message like that is when you do not have .NET 4.0 or XNA 4.0 installed. Double check those, please. We are getting an XP box set up to test with, so maybe we can confirm that this is the behavior when one of those frameworks is missing in XP.

One last thought: Since there is no crashdump.txt file, it is likely the problem lies outside of AutoMap. Have you updated your graphics drivers lately? Running a directx update might help too: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en
    Will we ever see Linux/Mac support for AutoMap?
    Quote from Linksbro »
    Will we ever see Linux/Mac support for AutoMap?

Unfortunately we are tied to Windows. There is Mono on Linux/Mac to replace .NET, but there is nothing to replace XNA which is just as necessary. The entire project, both the AutoMap and the Java Minecraft mod, are open source, so maybe someone will pick up on what we've done and create a cross-platform client.
    I can confirm that .NET and XNA 4.0 are installed.. and I can also confirm I have no roaming/MTS folder what so ever.
    Quote from wolfkun »
    I can confirm that .NET and XNA 4.0 are installed.. and I can also confirm I have no roaming/MTS folder what so ever.

Well, I guess XNA Framework games (or in this case, AutoMaps) just don't work with your system configuration. I have no idea why, since it sounds like you have all the specs you need. It sounds like your graphics card is integrated into the motherboard, so maybe it is missing some feature that XNA requires. Sorry, but I really do not know what else to suggest unless you have another PC to try it on.

By the way, we tried the map in Windows XP running in a VM (Parallels 6 on OSX since it has 3d acceleration). Minecraft would not run properly in Parallels, but AutoMap did run. Still, it was a Radeon 4850 which is much newer than the X300/X550/X1050 Series.
    Going to uninstall .net and XNA both, then reinstall, I think I might've found the problem- the .net seems to be a client/extended thing and not redistributable.
    Quote from wolfkun »
    Going to uninstall .net and XNA both, then reinstall, I think I might've found the problem- the .net seems to be a client/extended thing and not redistributable.

Here is what I have installed on Windows 7 for you to compare with:

(Of course, as a software developer, I probably have more of these installed than are entirely necessary)

The "Game Studio" entries are related to the software development and are not required for users to run XNA applications.

Anyway, regarding the client/extended thing: The MinecraftAM project is built to target ".NET Framework 4 Client Profile" and I think Microsoft only tags the XNA installs as "Redistributable". So, I don't think you are going to find anything different.
    Okay, well oddly enough it seems to be working right now.. but it's just a blank screen.. is that because my dynamicmap setting is false like you suggested?
    Quote from wolfkun »
    Okay, well oddly enough it seems to be working right now.. but it's just a blank screen.. is that because my dynamicmap setting is false like you suggested?

Ok. A few questions. Did any text appear on the screen? Is the screen a solid light blue color? Does 'o' bring up the options window? What do you get if you turn the dynamic map setting back to true (or delete the settings file which will do the same thing)?

Did you get the blank screen while Minecraft was running, or was Minecraft not running?

Sounds like you are getting close!
    Okay, the screen boots up only with dynamicmap option turned to false like you suggested... but it's that plain light blue cover- I can however bring up the options.. but that's that, no amount of fiddling around with the options seems to change anything.
    Quote from wolfkun »
    Okay, the screen boots up only with dynamicmap option turned to false like you suggested... but it's that plain light blue cover- I can however bring up the options.. but that's that, no amount of fiddling around with the options seems to change anything.

Well, you have us totally stumped. AutoMap only uses about 70mb of RAM at first, so that is not likely to be the problem. You did extract the entire zip, right? And a firewall is not blocking communication?

Did you get the "connection refused" error message?

When I start MinecraftAM with the dynamicmap option = False, I get the static map still, my player arrow updates, and the status display shows my world coordinates in the top left corner.
    I never get a connection refused error.. and yes I extracted the entire zip - but to be honest where do I put it? Does it matter?

And I have all of those programs you listed EXCEPT for the multi-targeting one.
    Quote from wolfkun »
    I never get a connection refused error.. and yes I extracted the entire zip - but to be honest where do I put it? Does it matter?

And I have all of those programs you listed EXCEPT for the multi-targeting one.

If you start the program without Minecraft running vs with Minecraft running and ingame on a new world, does anything different happen?

Reboot your computer. Maybe there is a hung process holding on to a socket or some resource.
    I seem to have problems starting it, I patched it, started up minecraft went into singleplayer then ran AutoMap I got this:

Description:
      Stopped working

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
      Application Name:    MinecraftAM.exe
      Application Version:    0.3.6.0
      Application Timestamp:    4cba51fd
      Fault Module Name:    KERNEL32.dll
      Fault Module Version:    6.0.6002.18005
      Fault Module Timestamp:    49e037dd
      Exception Code:    e0434352
      Exception Offset:    0003fbae
      OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
      Locale ID:    4105

Read our privacy statement:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

I went into a multiplayer game and got the same result.

This is on 32-bit Vista Home Premium
    forum: http://minecraft.novylen.net
    server: mc.novylen.net
    Here's what I've found out so far:

When Minecraft is not running at all.. MCAM will sometimes give a Microsoft error message, and sometimes boot up to the light blue screen with no errors, but no map display at all.

When Minecraft is at the Single Player/Multiplayer Selection screen, double clicking MCAM will result in a 'Unable to detect Graphics Card' error, sometimes the Microsoft error message.. and will sometimes boot up that light blue screen with no errors (no map).

With MineCraft loaded and I'm within a new world, MCAM sometimes loads into that blue screen with no map, and sometimes errors.. just like with an old world.

Tried rebooting each time after each attempt.. no differences.

Whenever it errors, no error log is made.

I can only seem to get it to appear at the light blue screen whenever I have bDynamicMap=False.

I have the correct versions of Net and XNA installed as per the link on your website.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes