Minutor - OSX/Linux/Windows 2.0.1

Quote from Dweller_Benthos

Having a problem with the 2.0 version of Minutor. I'm pretty sure this version used to work, and I've tried it on two different Win7 computers. It does still work on Win XP, so I think a recent security update or some other update in Win 7 has broken Minutor. What happens is nothing, run Minutor and it appears in the task list for a few seconds then goes away. The UI never shows up. Minutor 1.6.3 still works fine though.

I was trying to view a world with the new snapshot biomes. 1.6.3 will show the map fine, but list the biome as unknown.

I have a near same situation, except I am still on Winxp sp3. I click on the exe and: Minutor.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    This occured only after I started checking out the snapshops. But even when the MC 1.2.2 launcher is set to the ver. 1.6.2 profile, it still will not boot up. The older Minutor 1.6.3 does still work for me also.
    Microsoft may have issued security updates across the board that your xp did not catch?

Mem
    I've got the same problem here on Win 7 x64 with Minutor 2.0. If it helps, this is what the event viewer says about the crash:

1000, Application Error
    Exception code: 0x40000015
    Error offset: 0x00552051

I don't know since when this problem occurs. The last time I used Minutor is a few weeks ago, today I wanted to see how much I have discovered in my world and it just crashes.
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    for me v2 still works perfectly fine and I have fully updated Win7 Pro x64 SP1 PL and never used minecraft snapshots -> only official releases and last used 1.6.2... maybe the newest MC snapshot changed something in "MCA" files and chunk loading class used in minutor is not compatible... maybe

or if You got crash of minutor.exe on start maybe updated launcher (1.2.2) made some changes to the path where minecraft stores the data and minutor cannot access default "minecraft home directory" to load worlds into menu
    Last edited by sasiu_PL: 9/7/2013 6:01:14 PM
    @sasiu_PL:
    You must be right. I was playing a bit with the latest snapshot yesterday, because I was curious about the new biomes. Deleting the snapshot world resolved this problem.
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    Agreed,
    I deleted my one snapshot world and Minutor 2.0 started just fine. So it seems just having a snapshot save wont allow Minutor to load up.

Mem
    Use old release Minutor 1.6.3 with snapshot it seems to work better than 2.0
    Yep, OK that's it, any new snapshot worlds in the saves folder, and Minutor doesn't like it. Good to know. Hopefully mrkite will be able to fix it.
    D_B
    To tell them how to live is to prevent them living.

Yep, OK that's it, any new snapshot worlds in the saves folder, and Minutor doesn't like it. Good to know. Hopefully mrkite will be able to fix it.

Thanks for the investigation. I'll be looking into it.
    Hi, I just dropped by to make a suggestion: I've used the latest Qt Creator with Qt 5.1 on Windows, and it doesn't link properly. The reason is the zlib static library you added in the sources.
    I've fixed it by letting it use Qt's bundled one:

#win32:LIBS+= $$PWD/zlibstat.lib
    win32:LIBS+= -lz

By the way - Thanks for Minutor, it's great!
    I'm using ubuntu 64bits. I've tried .deb package for ubuntu64, compile source code and compile the git source code for minutor 2.0. I always got the same message: "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'char const*' "
    W7 user here with a crash report on V2, using the standalone btw, not tried the version with the installer.
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
      Application Name:    minutor.exe
      Application Version:    0.0.0.0
      Application Timestamp:    518af84c
      Fault Module Name:    minutor.exe
      Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
      Fault Module Timestamp:    518af84c
      Exception Code:    40000015
      Exception Offset:    00552051
      OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
      Locale ID:    2057
      Additional Information 1:    feb7
      Additional Information 2:    feb76913cf830ad65f7d2a289b53f7ba
      Additional Information 3:    6c20
      Additional Information 4:    6c20f8c8f1aa9e98e73300be4b3c8eef

I've tried deleting snapshot worlds as suggested but that didn't work.
    Modloader
    >Timber! + Rei's Minimap + ArmourHUD + More Stackables
    What do I use to unzip the source? Winzip is having issues with it.
    Hello,

Long time user of Minutor, first time caller ... Sorry, wrong venue. But seriously - love the program! I've been using it almost as long as I've been playing Minecraft!

But just recently, Minutor won't work. After double-clicking on it to start it up, a Windows screen pops up saying that there's been an error and it's shutting down. I've tried reinstalling it. I've made sure the worlds are there, and in the same file paths. Nothing seems corrupted. It seems like it happened right after Minecraft 1.7.2 came out, but I haven't seen anyone else report the problem yet. Nothing else has changed about my Minecraft installation; no new mods (no mods at all actually). It just won't work. I'm running it on Windows Vista - and nothing has changed on my system (as far as I know).

I've tried reading the other posts, but nothing seems to fit. I'm not sure what snapshots are, otherwise I would try removing them as someone suggested earlier.

Any thoughts? I am really missing Minutor, and would love to get it working again! Thanks for any help you can provide!!
    Quote from Lanthum

Hello,

Long time user of Minutor, first time caller ... Sorry, wrong venue. But seriously - love the program! I've been using it almost as long as I've been playing Minecraft!

But just recently, Minutor won't work. After double-clicking on it to start it up, a Windows screen pops up saying that there's been an error and it's shutting down. I've tried reinstalling it. I've made sure the worlds are there, and in the same file paths. Nothing seems corrupted. It seems like it happened right after Minecraft 1.7.2 came out, but I haven't seen anyone else report the problem yet. Nothing else has changed about my Minecraft installation; no new mods (no mods at all actually). It just won't work. I'm running it on Windows Vista - and nothing has changed on my system (as far as I know).

I've tried reading the other posts, but nothing seems to fit. I'm not sure what snapshots are, otherwise I would try removing them as someone suggested earlier.

Any thoughts? I am really missing Minutor, and would love to get it working again! Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Minutor stopped working when the 1.7 snapshots came out. I would think it also doesn't work if there's a 1.7 world in your saves folder. I haven't tested in a while. We will have to wait until a fix is posted for it, the author knows about it, just hasn't had time to fix it yet I expect.

FYI, snapshots are test versions of the new update code, if you don't have your launcher set to "latest version" you won't see them until the full version comes out. So, when you updated to 1.7, it broke Minutor.
    Quote from jchase1970

What do I use to unzip the source? Winzip is having issues with it.

Use 7zip, just extracted it and had no problems with it. Hopefully a fix can be made for the 1.7 issue.
    D_B

Minutor stopped working when the 1.7 snapshots came out. I would think it also doesn't work if there's a 1.7 world in your saves folder. I haven't tested in a while. We will have to wait until a fix is posted for it, the author knows about it, just hasn't had time to fix it yet I expect.

FYI, snapshots are test versions of the new update code, if you don't have your launcher set to "latest version" you won't see them until the full version comes out. So, when you updated to 1.7, it broke Minutor.

Ok thanks! That's what I figured, but I wasn't sure. I tried looking, but couldn't find any post about it.

Thanks for the quick reply! And keep up the great work MrKite!

Yep. I haven't taken the time to see what changed in 1.7. Too busy with Terraria ;)
    Quote from mrkite77

Yep. I haven't taken the time to see what changed in 1.7. Too busy with Terraria ;)

LOL! Damn that Terraria! I've so far succeeded in avoiding the time sink black hole that it is.
    D_B
    Hi, i want to tell you that minutor is the best utility of all, because can switch layers of the map and is much more easy that others. It works in all version exellent for me, but it cant open minecraft 1.7.2 maps. Please help me or tell me if he will update? :)
    Quote from Rambaldi

Hi, i want to tell you that minutor is the best utility of all, because can switch layers of the map and is much more easy that others. It works in all version exellent for me, but it cant open minecraft 1.7.2 maps. Please help me or tell me if he will update? :)

Read two posts up, he's busy playing Terraria, LOL.
    D_B
    Opens only 3 seconds and then closes (in task manager), not even window showing up..

I'm using win7 64bit AMD
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes