Minutor - OSX/Linux/Windows 2.0.1

awesome! confirmed working on vista 64bit home premium
    Quote from Manifusion »
    It's not symmetrical. It's not symmetrical. It's not symmetrical. It's not symmetrical. It's not symmetrical. It's not symmetrical. It's not symmetrical.
    Quote from hootar »
    awesome! confirmed working on vista 64bit home premium

Double that confirmation.

Works perfectly on my Win7!

Helped me find THREE dungeons in one world.

Of course, that was before I accidentally deleted it...
    "Couldn't load world: Unable to load DLL "MinutorMap.dll"

I get that error message every time I try loading a world.
    omgzilla, have you downloaded the latest Visual C++ Redistributable Package?
    http://www.freewarefiles.com/Microsoft-Visual-C-Redistributable-Package-x_program_39486.html
    That's where I got it from after encountering that error, and it now works fine for me.
    Thanks for the great program, hope to see it grow into something even better. :smile.gif:
    Alright, so a little bit of playing later and those black bits that cause a crash (at least in WinXP SP3) are not bedrock or obsidian, and appear to be coal ore by my deduction. Other ore types show up fine and coal is the most plentiful in the map I am currently using. I can't really confirm that it is ONLY one such thing, but so far it does not appear I can locate any other underground substance that relates to coal ore itself.
    Quote from Jackofswords »
    Alright, so a little bit of playing later and those black bits that cause a crash (at least in WinXP SP3) are not bedrock or obsidian, and appear to be coal ore by my deduction. Other ore types show up fine and coal is the most plentiful in the map I am currently using. I can't really confirm that it is ONLY one such thing, but so far it does not appear I can locate any other underground substance that relates to coal ore itself.

Could you do me a favor, screen shot those black bits, open them in paint or something and tell me the exact color they are?

I'm putting in some checks to at least prevent a crash in future versions.. instead it just won't do anything (still a bug, but at least it's not so annoying for you guys).
    Quote from ashezar »
    don't work on windows 7 64bit :/

I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit. The program works fine. Only bug is the maximize feature just corners it in the top left corner of my screen.

Can't wait for a fix for that, and maybe a bit more zoom out?

Either way, this is by far my favourite mapper I've used. Very easy and quick, clean GUI and everything I need.

I look forward to this program improving.
    Amazing! Wil download when I get home, bookmarking for now.
    Quote from Anbaraen »
    omgzilla, have you downloaded the latest Visual C++ Redistributable Package?
    http://www.freewarefiles.com/Microsoft-Visual-C-Redistributable-Package-x_program_39486.html
    That's where I got it from after encountering that error, and it now works fine for me.
    Thanks for the great program, hope to see it grow into something even better. :smile.gif:

Thanks! It's working now.
    Umm, for some reason it says my 20 mb world is all snow when i for a fact know that to be untrue. Also, even if my world is supposed to be snow i can find anything i have made etc.
    Quote from Brynt »
    Umm, for some reason it says my 20 gig world is all snow when i for a fact know that to be untrue. Also, even if my world is supposed to be snow i can find anything i have made etc.

Are you sure you're opening the right world?

Try choosing Custom and manually picking your save file (when you use Custom you have to select the level.dat inside your world folder).

If it's somehow finding the worlds incorrectly, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

I had set up a bugzilla install to be used for a few of my other projects, so I went ahead and added this project to it.

http://bugs.seancode.com/
    This is good. Have you considered using github to make collaboration easier?

I implemented cave mode, making displays like this:

It tints the top darker if there is a cave closer-- making deep caves visible but not distracting, and high caves easy to find.

Patch:
    --- minutor-0.1/MinutorMap/MinutorMap.c	2010-09-25 02:44:28.000000000 -0500
    +++ MinutorMap/MinutorMap.c	2010-09-27 20:11:23.088381540 -0500
    @@ -146,10 +146,10 @@
     	unsigned char *grid;
     	char filename[256];
     	int ofs=0,xOfs=0,prevy,zOfs,bofs;
    -	int x,z,i;
    +	int x,z,i,topy;
     	unsigned int color;
     	unsigned char pixel;
    -
    +    unsigned char r,g,b;

strncpy_s(filename,256,world,256);
    @@ -201,7 +201,34 @@
     					prevy=i;
     					break;
     				}
    -			}
    +			} 
    +
    +            //cave mode
    +            if (i < 128) 
    +            {
    +                if (pixel == 0x12) // special case leaves to avoid tree glitch
    +                    for (; i>=1; i--,pixel=grid[--bofs]) 
    +                        if (!(pixel==0x12||pixel==0x05||pixel==0x00))
    +                            break; //skip leaves, wood, air, find new top
    +                topy=i;
    +                for (; i>=1; i--,bofs--) 
    +                {
    +                    pixel=grid[bofs];
    +
    +                    // drawable below an air tile (air is block number 0)
    +                    if (blocks[pixel].canDraw && !grid[bofs-1]) {
    +                        //cave system closer to surface -> darker color
    +                        r=(color>>16)*(topy-i+10)/138;
    +                        g=(color>>8&0xff)*(topy-i+10)/138;
    +                        b=(color&0xff)*(topy-i+10)/138;
    +
    +                        color=(r<<16)|(g<<8)|b;
    +
    +                        break;
    +                    }
    +                }
    +            }
    +
     			bits[ofs++]=color>>16;
     			bits[ofs++]=color>>8;
     			bits[ofs++]=color;
    Optimine | McRegion (in 1.3)
    Quote from Scaevolus »
    This is good. Have you considered using github to make collaboration easier?

I don't use git though, I use mercurial.

Anyways, version 0.2 is up... you can resize the map window, the depth is displayed (as a tooltip in windows, as a separate label in osx), and you can use the arrowkeys and pageup/pagedown to pan and zoom.

I'm going to be adding a menubar with toggle-able options.. I'll use your cave-mode patch when that gets implemented. Thanks.
    Quote from mrkite77 »
    I don't use git though, I use mercurial..

How about bitbucket? It's like github, but with mercurial instead of git. (I'm just looking for an easy way for me to submit patches)
    Something must be wrong on my computer because every time I try to open one of my worlds, I get the following error:

Couldn't load world: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

What can I do to fix this?
    Perfect program. Downloads and runs instantly.. And the new version included all the improvements I could be looking for.

(Running Mac OS X for reference)
    El Psy Congroo.
    Quote from XANA520 »
    Something must be wrong on my computer because every time I try to open one of my worlds, I get the following error:

Couldn't load world: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

What can I do to fix this?

What OS? Even on a freshly created world?
    I installed it, but whenever I try to load a map, it says 'Couldn't load world: Attempt to read or write protected memory. This is often a sign that other memory is corrupt.'

Any help on what to do?
    Lag in games is nothing compared to lag in real life. I mean, it took Jesus 3 DAYS to respawn! If that's not bad, I don't know what is.

Quote from suudsu4 »
    Who the hell lets their 3 year old play UT and Halo?
    Quote from mrkite77 »
    Could you do me a favor, screen shot those black bits, open them in paint or something and tell me the exact color they are?

I'm putting in some checks to at least prevent a crash in future versions.. instead it just won't do anything (still a bug, but at least it's not so annoying for you guys).

The color is R:52 G:52 B:52 which does appear to differentiate itself from other similar dark colors. Hex is 343434
    Quote from Necromokron »
    I installed it, but whenever I try to load a map, it says 'Couldn't load world: Attempt to read or write protected memory. This is often a sign that other memory is corrupt.'

Any help on what to do?

I must have screwed up the msi. I just uploaded a freshly compiled version. Could you download it again and try it for me? If it is still boned, try to get the zip file instead and see if that works..
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes