Minutor - OSX/Linux/Windows 2.0.1

The zip download link returns a 404 error
    My gifts:
    [Diamond]
    Quote from AKA Steve »
    The zip download link returns a 404 error

Sorry, my upload timed out. It's up now.
    I can get the zip to work on *7* 64 bit but the right clicking to determine the block type does not work properly. Half the time it says Unknown and the rest of the time it is saying a block type that is clearly wrong.

*edit* lol, so used to vista I didnt put 7
    My gifts:
    [Diamond]
    Quote from AKA Steve »
    I can get the zip to work on Vista 64 bit but the right clicking to determine the block type does not work properly. Half the time it says Unknown and the rest of the time it is saying a block type that is clearly wrong.

Sounds like it's not properly locating the mouse click location on your system. I'll look into it.
    I found a crash: everytime I right-click an open cavern space, the program crashes. I guess it's trying to display the info for a different layer since its an "open" passage and doesn't like that (just a guess). Otherwise awesome little program you have there!

Might I suggest custom instalation location for the installer package. I never install anything to my c:\program files if I can help it.

Edit: Actually, it crashes whenever I right-click an coal square.
    You good sir, just saved my day. Finally, someone made an easy-to-use Alpha mapper working on OS X, without bugs. It's a bit low on features, but really, that doesn't matter. However, you might want to add a screenshot function.

Oh, and you might want to add a small message or something, once you've run the .dmg file on OS X, telling you it's installed. I accidently installed 7 versions of the program because I didn't know it had been installed.

Quote from Mega Bear »
    Not really a game... just a mass suicide you're inviting people to take part in.

What is this, I don't even

Other than the few bugs(to be expected) I am loving this program, the issue I have with cartographer is that I cant make any sense out of cave view since its not giving me much of a reference, with a map editor I cant stand only looking at one layer at a time.
    My gifts:
    [Diamond]
    This is really awesome. The other mapper programs tend to be a bit of a frustrating mess to use. This simplifies it with a great UI and functionality.

Does it display each block as a pixel?
    And it seems North is oriented wrong. I built an arrow pointing West, where the sun was setting. But within Minutor the arrow was pointing south.

Other than that, my suggestions would be to be able to resize the window a bit larger, and to be able to zoom out more.

Oh and perhaps having a few indicators on the map like where your spawn is and the number of the current slice you're viewing, as well as having the slice number of the blocks you right click on.

But this is great so far, keep it up man. Also no problem running it now on Win 7 X64.
    Quote from AltimaNEO »

And it seems North is oriented wrong. I built an arrow pointing West, where the sun was setting. But within Minutor the arrow was pointing south.

Oh and perhaps having a few indicators on the map like where your spawn is and the number of the current slice you're viewing, as well as having the slice number of the blocks you right click on.

Doh about the north thing. I'll double check it for the next version.

I definitely want to mark the spawn, I want to eventually add the ability to turn an icon overlay on and off which will add icons for chests, mob spawners, your workbenches, your spawn etc. (This is a bit of work though, so it'll be a while). Until then, when you run it, it starts centered on your spawn.

The slice number is actually displayed in the linux version because it's a built-in feature of the slider widget, I'll look into adding a label for the OSX and Windows versions.

Finally: there's definitely a mouse-location bug in some versions of Windows. That's what's causing the crashing and "Unknown" tooltips. The only "Unknown" that should ever pop up is when you right click on the void. I'm still tracking down exactly what's going on.
    Great program since it allows you to easily see where stuff are. Not as pretty as the others mapping tools but it is far more useful.
    Please... Read before posting! Please... Search! Please... Use Minepedia before posting!
    See? I'm not so malicious...
    Hey, looks like an awesome tool. I downloaded the installer .msi, and it placed Minutor.exe and MinutorMap.dll under C:\Program Files\Minutor\. But when I try to load the world (World 2), still get this error:

"Couldn't load world: Unable to load DLL 'MinutorMap.dll': The specified module could not be found." Yes, despite the fact the .dll is there in the same folder as the .exe.

I'm using WinXP Professional SP 3.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, never mind. I thought I had already installed the Visual C++ Redistributable, but that was on another machine. :Sheep:
    Quote from Skaven252 »

EDIT: Oh, sorry, never mind. I thought I had already installed the Visual C++ Redistributable, but that was on another machine. :Sheep:

I'd like to add the VC stuff to the installer, but it requires the MSM for VC2010, and they don't distribute those in the express editions anymore.
    Works perfectly on Ubuntu 10.04, thank you!
    It's nice to have a quick, simple mapping program that actually works natively for Mac.... I was able to see my world for the first time on Mac without fidgeting around with it, etc. Well done!

Suggestion: How about adding a layer counter to the bar at the top? This would keep me from going to bedrock and counting backwards to identify which layer any given ore is on? That way I walk into my mine knowing that a certain bit of iron, gold, diamond was, let's say, 6 blocks above bedrock...
    I Can Haz Cheezburger? - [SSSS]
    He said earlier that linux already has that, and for Mac and Windows he's going to add it.
    Tweet tweet | My IRC Channel | Web Log
    Mineshell Simplifies Minecraft maintenance tasks on Linux. Easily manage your mods, backup your saves, update lwjgl, and more.
    Does Win7 work yet? I wanna know before I install.

And yeah, I agree with the layer counter guy.
    Really fun tool! Currently (mostly) working on WinXP SP3. Only had a hiccup when I attempted to identify an element on the map that was black (obsidian, coal, or cave?). Identifying other elements seemed to work fine on right-clicking. I love being able to pan across the map and look at various horizontal slices!

I do agree with the above posts about having some number outputs, such as the layer number. Would be great for checking height and depth! Perhaps an X/Y grid coordinate where the cursor is over if possible?
    Quote from TurtleeyMC »
    Does Win7 work yet? I wanna know before I install.

And yeah, I agree with the layer counter guy.

Yeah, it works in win7 now.

I'm currently working on resizing the map window, layer numbering for win/osx, and keyboard controls. I'm hoping to have those features done for version 0.2 tomorrow.

I have been unable to duplicate the right-clicking bug others have experienced.. I've tried it on both 32bit and 64bit win7s and it "works for me". Hopefully someone with some programming experience runs into the bug and can track down exactly what's going on for me. Sourcecode is available on the site now.
    Thanks this works perfect on my mac I just found a mod spawner using it
    I'm on WinXP 32bit SP3 and I crash when right clicking a coal spot. Sorry I should have mentioned this in my other post.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes