1.7.10 Forge

Extra Utilities v1.1.0e

uhm, so. the enderthermic pump. deos it HAVE to be powered with buildcraft engines? because the main reason, i installed the mod, was to get my hands on a liquid pump, that doesnt require me to have buildcraft installed.

so far, as ive noticed, buildcraft seems to be the only mod, that gives us access to a liquid gathering block.

so if its not possible to use the block without buildcraft engines, would be nice if we could change that to just a redstone signal. i dont care, if the gathering speed would be much lower without an engine.

tech mods dont really fit into my low-tech/adventure/magic themed world, but i would still like to have some sort of automated way to collect liquids.

would just be nice, to have something, if you dont need a terrible large amount of liquids, but still a steady supply.
    Last edited by IStoneI: 8/25/2013 6:47:58 AM
    ok it works now ignore my crash report
    Quote from IStoneI

uhm, so. the enderthermic pump. deos it HAVE to be powered with buildcraft engines? because the main reason, i installed the mod, was to get my hands on a liquid pump, that doesnt require me to have buildcraft installed.

so far, as ive noticed, buildcraft seems to be the only mod, that gives us access to a liquid gathering block.

so if its not possible to use the block without buildcraft engines, would be nice if we could change that to just a redstone signal. i dont care, if the gathering speed would be much lower without an engine.

tech mods dont really fit into my low-tech/adventure/magic themed world, but i would still like to have some sort of automated way to collect liquids.

would just be nice, to have something, if you dont need a terrible large amount of liquids, but still a steady supply.

It has to be Buildcraft compatible engine (in other words anything capable of producing MJ), so stuff like Forestry's bioengines will work. I don't know if that would fit in but that's about it for the moment.

Quote from JadenWong

Have a question about he Division Sigil. How rare is it to find it in Dungeon Chests?

Because I looted nearly hundreds of chest in my 1.6.2 survival world and didn't found a single one!

Can it only be found in a Dungeon (near a monster spawner) or also in:
    • abandoned Mineshafts
    • Villages
    • Desert Pyramids
    • Jungle Temples
    • Strongholds
    • Nether Fortresses
    • ?
    Thanks for a answer. Awesome mod.

I'ts very rare (I keep going back and forth on how rare I want it to be), there are several sources, dungeons, strongholds, desert/jungle pyramids. If you want to know exact probabilities you can go into the log files and search for

[FINEST] [ExtraUtilities] Adding item.extrautils:divisionSigil to dungeonChest with probability:

and that'll tell you the exact figures.

It's also a rare drop from the wither boss, if you're feeling lucky.
    Am on prerelease 2. Dared to place an electricity transfer node next to a BC wooden kinesis pipe. Crash.

Clientside log excerpt: http://pastebin.com/fD9X7U3t
    Serverside: http://pastebin.com/mWkQMGrp

Server does not recover, looks like I'll have to use a world editor to fix this.
    Last edited by Yuugi: 8/25/2013 8:42:53 PM
    Quote from Yuugi

Am on prerelease 2. Dared to place an electricity transfer node next to a BC wooden kinesis pipe. Crash.

Clientside log excerpt: http://pastebin.com/fD9X7U3t
    Serverside: http://pastebin.com/mWkQMGrp

Server does not recover, had to use mcedit to delete the offending node.

Sorry about that. I am aware of the problem, and I'm working on a quick update to sort it out.
    Using mcedit to delete the block seems to cause the entire affected .mca to regenerate. So, argh.

A quick update would be -greatly- appreciated.
    do you think you could make a separate mod for the creative buider's wand? I've been looking for a mod that does what the wand does, but you can bind it to an item with a command, and no luck :/
    I'm not that good with java (programming in general actually), so I was hoping that you could make it.
    Quote from RWTema

I'ts very rare (I keep going back and forth on how rare I want it to be), there are several sources, dungeons, strongholds, desert/jungle pyramids [...] It's also a rare drop from the wither boss, if you're feeling lucky.

Thanks.
    I finaly found one, in a Zombie-Dungeon next to the third Stronghold.
    New version - get it here.

Changelog

+ Added new Decoration Blocks (recipes and names are placeholders)
    - Border Stone
    - Edged Stone Brick
    - Ender-infused Obsidian
    - Frosted Stone
    - Gravel Bricks
    - Smoked Quartz
    - Unstable Ingot block

+ Liquids can be filtered with 'Item Filters' - just double-click a liquid-container into a slot to select that liquid.
    + Filters can now be inverted by placing them in a crafting table with a redstone torch. It will then accept everything except the items specified.

- Transfer nodes are disabled and reset when they receive a redstone signal
    - Transfer nodes work properly with inventories with non-standard stack limits
    - Fixed energy nodes crash
    - Enderthermic pump power decay now fixed (redstone engines should now work)
    - Changed Magnum torch texture to better blend in with other blocks
    Last edited by RWTema: 8/26/2013 7:31:20 AM
    Anyone understand how/what a rationing pipe is supposed to do? Is it for items/liquids? Thanks
    Quote from Laguy442

Anyone understand how/what a rationing pipe is supposed to do? Is it for items/liquids? Thanks

Rationing pipes will only insert the minimum number of items needed to ensure there is exactly one stack of those items in an inventory. If a stack is already present the node moves on without inserting anything.

Incidentally if you want to know what a block does and are using NEI, just press 'u' (the usage key) on an item to get a brief description.
    I think you missed a block ID in the configs. I get a conflict but there is no option to change the ID in the config file.

2001: railcraft.block.fluid.creosote from Railcraft - extrautils:decorativeBlock from ExtraUtilities

I can change decorative1Id but that still doesn't resolve the conflict. Theres no entry for decorativeBlock
    Last edited by Fuzzzie: 8/26/2013 11:22:16 AM
    FUZZZIE'S MINECRAFT MOD LIST & NEWS THREAD
    The liquid sorting doesn't work for me.

I have a simple tinkers construct setup where i pump out the liquids in basins to create blocks.
    If i have no sorting all functions good.
    If i want to select first basin liquid iron, second liquid gold and so on it does not insert the liquid.

i insert in the bottom slot (black) the bucket form of the liquid this should be the way right?

Suggestion: can we have connected textures for etherel glass please :-)
    Last edited by Hotchi: 8/26/2013 11:30:19 AM
    Quote from Hotchi

The liquid sorting doesn't work for me.

I have a simple tinkers construct setup where i pump out the liquids in basins to create blocks.
    If i have no sorting all functions good.
    If i want to select first basin liquid iron, second liquid gold and so on it does not insert the liquid.

i insert in the bottom slot (black) the bucket form of the luquid this should be the way right?

Suggestion: can we have connected textures for etherel glass please :-)

You have to use an item filter and double-click a slot with a bucket.
    Quote from RWTema

You have to use an item filter and double-click a slot with a bucket.

that worked now i feel a litle dump thank you :-)
    can i still set a site were it will go? or is first slot white, second slot yellow and so on?

edit derp number 2 :
    ok i figuered it out.
    love your mod keep up the good work :-)
    Last edited by Hotchi: 8/26/2013 11:49:06 AM
    Ninja update - There's a problem with the decorative blocks ids being unchangeable. Due to this currently placed blocks may disappear when you update.

Quote from RWTema

Ninja update - There's a problem with the decorative blocks ids being unchangeable. Due to this currently placed blocks may disappear when you update.

Sweet! Thanks!
    FUZZZIE'S MINECRAFT MOD LIST & NEWS THREAD
    So I need some help figuring out how to get steam transferred to some Industrial Steam Engines from my Railcraft high pressure steam boiler. I have a liquid transfer node connected to the boiler and from there it goes into a single transfer pipe. Along that pipe are the 4 Ind steam engines, 2 on each side of the pipe. All of them connect to the steam boiler and the engines are getting power. The issue is that the first two engines closest to the boiler seem to get almost all of the power. Each is running at about 8mj which is the max for that engine I believe. The two engines sitting directly behind them on that same line are only running at about half speed and that goes up and down. Finally, at the end of this pipe is a 5th engine which is a commercial steam engine which always runs at full speed. Also, the high pressure steam boiler is the max size you can make and I have run with as many as 12 ind steam engines off this same setup in 1.5.2 so I am pretty sure the boiler is putting out plenty of power.

I have tried placing speed upgrades in the liquid node and that does speed up the overall output. I have also played around connecting different pipes (sorting, rationing) but nothing seems to allow those last two engines in the line to run at the same speed. It is like the first two engines take all of the steam and the ones directly behind it are just getting what is left over. However the engine at the end of the stream seems fine. I suspect this is operator error but don't know the best course to correct it.

Maybe I just need run separate pipes with their own transfer node to each of the pairs of engines? In my 1.5.2 world I had 9 TE liquiducts connected to the side of the same type of boiler (a setup that Direwolf20 used in his LP series), all merging into a single line that fed 12 Ind steam engines. I only mention the other technique as an example of what my ideal setup would be for getting steam out of the boiler and to the engines.

I really like what you are doing with the mod.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Last edited by Laguy442: 8/26/2013 12:21:57 PM
    What is the likelihood of getting a 1.5.2 re-release with Forge Multipart support in tubes added? :D
    Thank you for the speedy update, prerelease 3 really saved my ass. :D

The electric node interface still behaves a little weirdly when connected to BC Kinesis pipes, though, as seen here:

http://i.imgur.com/48I11E5.png

http://i.imgur.com/Xs7bSXn.png

Negative MJ seems weird.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes