[1.6.4][Forge][Tech Mod] StargateTech 2 - v0.7.3 Alpha

OMG
    I waited for this mod for a long time, and i was planning to do it myself, good job and good luck!

(I understand that you don't want to add this mod to tekkit, someone stole my mod and i am still angry!)

I hope that there will be a crossover with industrialcraft for Naqadah reactors and stargate power managment!

When you will add ZPMs and Project Arcturus you will win forever!
    (I suggest you to make these as a high priority, LOL)

GOOD JOB!

And you need to add the Asuran Satellite!
    Last edited by Cronoxergoid: 1/21/2013 3:17:02 PM
    Quote from noobsqoou »

MINECRAFT:
    the game where you can carry
    over 6 megatonnes of solid rock
    but only 16 kilograms of bread.

Project Arcturus is planned (it's under the name of Zero Point Generator).
    A lot of stuff is planned, and after they're done there will be a severe calibration phase with lots of boosts and nerfs to most systems.

Stargates are highest priority. They're the mod's image.
    I want to do some simple stuff, like ZPMs and some simple generators or blocks...
    And then go and do the Jumpers, because I don't want to do all the hard stuff at once... getting the stargates done is killing me already... (I mean, I can do it, but it will take some time and effort, there's a lot of ways all those systems can fail)

I don't think I will add any Asuran technology... at least It's not planned, and I want to get most planned stuff done before adding more stuff to the list...
    Last edited by LordFokas: 1/21/2013 6:40:41 PM
    Do you like Stargate? What about a Stargate Tech Mod for Minecraft?
    Quote from zoroark333

FINALLY A STARGATE MOD THAT WILL BE DONE IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS!

If you give up on this then many Stargate fans will rage.

very true
    so is the stargate planing to be implemented in the next update or the one after that.
    The Stargate is what I'm working on. This is a very big deal. I still have a LOT to do.

Stargates don't work without a Stargate Network to manage them. It's half done, but I need the stargates to be finished to continue it.
    The stargates have been started, but they don't do anything without a machine to dial them.
    So I started the Dialing Computer, which is pretty much done, except that I need Packet Handlers and some related stuff up and running...

Now, keep in mind that this is my first mod, and what I know is what I've learned through trial and error (And also a few relevant modders that I've bugged in the past and helped me get out of some dead ends).
    I've never used a Packet Handler. It may be a while before I master it and get those things done so I can finish the Dialing Computer so I can finish the Stargates so I can finish the Stargate Network so I finally update so I release this thing and stop chaining "So I can :add action here:" sentences in each other.

Also, seeing the fans happy is a huge reward...
    I found a bug, I exploded some Industrial TNT (from IndustrialCraft) near Naquadah Ores and from now on it is semi-invisible!
    Adding cobblestone and other cubes make them reappear!
    (If I remove cobblestone they will disappear! Again!)
    Quote from noobsqoou »

MINECRAFT:
    the game where you can carry
    over 6 megatonnes of solid rock
    but only 16 kilograms of bread.

Hi

i know you said you dont want to ad goauld-tech but I think the Ring-Transporter is kind of cool if you also think so I think I got a Solution for you:

The ancients also had Ring-Transporters.

Pease keep in mind just an Idea

greetings
    L
    Cronoxergoid:
    That's a block update issue. I'm not sure it is related to StargateTech or a flaw in the engine. I'm inclined to say it's the later, because I don't even mess with that...

Uriba:
    Yes, most Goa'uld tech is an adaptation of Ancient machines. Even the Sarcophagus.
    And yes, I intended to add transport rings as a cheap vertical-only teleport system.

But that's minor.
    For now, I want to focus on the Stargate and on getting it done.
    Then I'll see about the rest.

But I'm still open to discuss any mod related stuff at any time.
    Last edited by LordFokas: 1/22/2013 5:25:57 PM
    I really love the idea of the mod, and I am planning on going to 1.4.5 (using .7), until you update it, But are you going to add Puddle Jumpers, Needle Threaders, Death Glider or any other kind of ship? It would be epic to use it on a multiplayer map and blast the sh*t out of the other players.
    No ships are planned besides the puddle Jumper.
    is there gonna be a space dimension?
    or other world to travel to
    I personally belive that the rings are much cooler than the teleporters in Atlantis. You should add those either instead or together with.
    Last edited by neo_kun666: 1/25/2013 7:07:55 AM
    Hi

how are you planning to make the Stargate-Network do you want to make 7Chevron-Dial for traveling inside a dimension and an 8Chevron-Dial for traveling between dimensions (Overworld, Nether, End; you could even make modsupport for eather mod and thigs like that)

And another question: Will you implement only milkyway gates or also pegasus or/and Desteny gates?

L
    I was going to only make a stargate model.
    Because I'm going to use the milky way symbols, I also used the milky way model, although the Pegasus ones look cooler.

There's no dialing to the same dimension with the Stargates, the same way gates can dial to the same world in the tv show.
    In order to teleport stuff in the same dimension, there will be a couple of teleport systems (Rings and Teleport Beacons).

The chevrons will have another role, although I'm not completely sure how I want to do it, so I won't disclose any details before I decide exactly what to do. Until then, it is subject to change...
    Quote from LordFokas

There's no dialing to the same dimension with the Stargates, the same way gates can dial to the same world in the tv show.

that make sense from the show point of view, but with the way minecraft work, using stargate within the same dimension would be cool. I would really like to use it to navigate between my different base, but I don't plan on having all of them in different dimensions. Or make it compatible with mystcraft.
    I want to keep the mod as close to the lore as possible...
    AFTER all systems get done and balanced I may add ways to ignore some things, like dialing rules.

but first I want to get the systems done... For the stargates to dial the same world, they first need to be able to dial at all... which they're not at this point.
    Very cool, can't wait for it to be updated!

I'm just letting you all know I'm very busy at the moment with personal life stuff, and won't be able to update the mod for a while.
    Hey guys ! Just wanted to say : Love the start of this mod, hope you'll keep on the work !

Sorry i'm french :3
    This mod seems to have turned out way nicer
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1676966-gregs-sg-craft-prerelease-for-minecraft-146-147/
    and doesn't even have an insane-person "license"
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes