[1.6.4][Forge][Tech Mod] StargateTech 2 - v0.7.3 Alpha

Great job on the mod! :D
    Would you ever consider adding a force field with this texture to make it more ancienty?
    That looks awesome... I may try something like that... stress on *may*
    Do you like Stargate? What about a Stargate Tech Mod for Minecraft?
    I can now dial all of my different dimensions X times without crashes.
    I can't dial from the Twilight Forest other dimensions seems to work.
    Hellgate79: from or to?

let me have a look at the log to see if there's still any null world problem in there...

EDIT:

stargatetech-alpha-0.9.2-test03-mc151.jar
    try this one and see if the problem persists...

I should probably set an instance up with a bunch of mods to test those things out myself...
    Last edited by LordFokas: 4/11/2013 12:03:25 PM
    Quote from LordFokas

Hellgate79: from or to?

let me have a look at the log to see if there's still any null world problem in there...

EDIT:

stargatetech-alpha-0.9.2-test03-mc151.jar
    try this one and see if the problem persists...

I should probably set an instance up with a bunch of mods to test those things out myself...

from the twilight i can go there but i can dial for going out of it (the stargate don't open that's it no crashes at least) ,that with version test 2 i haven't tried the 3 yet.

you should create a minecraft client with only mods that add new dimensions in the game (twilight forest ,galacticraft ,mystcraft and even mo creatures add a new dimension the wyvern's lair) to test your mod.
    Is test 3 the one that has the reader texture fix?
    lifetoanother: test2. Any version from then on will have it too. It was a simple typo.

Hellgate79: that's more or less what I was thinking about...
    Thank you for having responded to me, I do as you said but it is not active ....

1 - create the SG
    2 - I connect the cables to the dhd
    3 - left button with the crystal reader
    4 - I place the crystal in the gui of another sg
    5 - button dialing is activated
    but does not work ...
    must provide energy??

Grazie per avermi risposto, faccio come mi hai detto ma non si attiva....

1- creo lo SG
    2- lo collego con i cavi al dhd
    3- tasto sx con il cristal reader
    4- posiziono il cristallo nella gui di un altro sg
    5- il pulsante dialing si attiva
    ma non funziona...
    bisogna fornirgli energia ???

p.s.
    I installed the 03 test
    Last edited by Eziroth: 4/11/2013 2:36:46 PM
    Quote from LordFokas

You can connect Stargates to Dialing computers with Bus Cables.
    You can get a Stargate's address by right clicking it with an "Address Reader Crystal". You will receive an Address Memory Crystal with the address stored, you can then either dial manually in the Dialing Computer or have it load the address directly from the crystal (that's what the slot in the GUI is there for).

The mod is currently in no shape to be spotlighted. You can do that after Stargates are fixed.

Also, this:
    stargatetech-alpha-0.9.2-test02-mc151.jar

Hopefully this fixes the dialing problems... I'm going blind on this one, there's no documentation or anyting on the code I used, but I think it should be enough to do the job...

Test it against all those dimension mods and let me know... I could do this myself, but being the dev, I will probably miss stuff.

Thank you all for testing my buggy alpha releases... you are awesome!
    I already am using the test version and i would be happy to test it with all of the different mods that add dimensions Thanks for the info about the stargates you should update that part on the forums it doesn't really say.
    I have right clicked with the address reader and nothing happens. the bus cables are connected.
    I'll explain this in detail.
    There's 2 parts that are used to read and use addresses...

1) Address Reader: A dark frame with golden contacts, used to interface the Stargate with the crystals.
    2) Address Memory Crystal: can store addresses.

If you craft the two of them together (shapeless) you'll get an Address Reader with a Crystal plugged on it. It's currently named Address Reader Crystal, but soon it will be just Address Reader as well.

When you right click with the Address Reader Crystal on a Stargate's base block (the one on the bottom middle, where the grate is), the Address Reader will be empty and you'll receive an Address Memory Crystal with the Stargate's address on it.

You can then place it on the Dialing Computer and click the blue up arrow on the GUI to load the address into the computer.
    You can also save addresses from the computer to a crystal by pressing the down arrow. This only works with valid addresses (addresses that would make the button go blue).

The dialing button becoming blue on the Dialing Computer GUI means the address is valid and that you can try to dial it. It doesn't mean the address has a gate though, so not all addresses will dial even when the issues you've been experiencing are fixed.

Later on the Stargates will use power to dial, but there's still some things that need to be done before we get to that, and there's some minor features I'll implement before that too. Power consumption will likely be a big dialing cost + consumption over time, so if you close the connection as soon as you're done, you'll save power. Only dialing gates need power to dial. Also expect a lot of machines to be added to the Bus system... it's not just a Dialing Computer <--> Stargate thing, you can send any data through the cables and there will be lots of machines to make use of that...
    oh sorry i had another mod on that had some sort of odd conflict so when i tried to craft the address crystal reader it made something else so it didnt even show in creative
    Small suggestion that shouldnt be too hard to implement if you like it:

In order to use lantean technology ( puddle jumpers, personal shields, zpm gens ) u need to isolate the lantean gens and inject them into your body with some kind of retro virus. From there on you would also have the possibility to genetically engineer retro viruses to cure zombies and skeletons to become villagers or something or to become mindless harmless slaves to work for you :steve_csi:

just 2 cents from a person lost in space ;)

greetings Chris
    Chris... it's been like months since we last talked... have you been under a rock or something? :P

Needing to have the Ancient Gene would be hard to implement and it would also harm gameplay...
    Curing zombies, although it sounds fun, doesn't really fit the mod...

Stick around though, there will be cool stuff going on soon...
    lordfokas for the puddle jumper you could just ask the maker of flans mod to help you.(if you dont know flans mod adds realy cool planes like the lancaster bomber :D
    Quote from vinicookie

lordfokas for the puddle jumper you could just ask the maker of flans mod to help you.(if you dont know flans mod adds realy cool planes like the lancaster bomber :D

Already been suggested (by me). LordFokas answered with that he would make it himself. Search around and look through a few of the pages before suggesting something!
    Already been suggested (by me). LordFokas answered with that he would make it himself. Search around and look through a few of the pages before suggesting something!
    sorry :(
    When you will add the DHD can you make it moveable by pistons? like so it will possible to hide it using a block swapper which can be very usefull for my adventure map.
    It's not possible Hellgate79... pistons can't move Tile Entities.
    By the way, have you experienced any problems with test03?

Also, I have been working on more recipes, added 2 more blocks that glow in the dark, and fixed a few rendering problems...
    There will be screenshots later.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes