FTB - The Mod Pack

So, I wanted to transport lava from my nether pump into my geothermal generator, but the problem is that they're in different dimensions. I know you can use a minecart through a mystcraft portal, but I want it to be as simple as possible. Is there any other way to transport lava/items between the nether and the overworld?
    Without redpower I think it's probably the only way for now. But I'm not experienced with that so don't take my word for it.

EDIT: You can also create lava lake worlds with mystcraft for the same effect, from what I saw in xisuma's last video.
    Last edited by Charlie_Brown: 12/4/2012 8:42:32 AM
    Quote from Yurei

So, I wanted to transport lava from my nether pump into my geothermal generator, but the problem is that they're in different dimensions. I know you can use a minecart through a mystcraft portal, but I want it to be as simple as possible. Is there any other way to transport lava/items between the nether and the overworld?

Cans\cells\buckets via a liquid transposer at either end and enderchest to transport them between dimensions is about the only other way I can think of.

or set up a quarry and transport netherrack via the enderchests and use a magma crucible.
    Basically atm it's cart\portal or enderchest for cross dimension transport, unless you'd like to abuse a BC bug which could destroy your world to get yourself 720 buckets or more of lava with some iron and one BC machine.

EDIT: actually tested this morning you can simply have an open BC pipe pointed at a 1x1 Mystcraft portal and items will travel across dimensions, if you have a "funnel" with an obsidian pipe at the bottom you can then pick them up at the other end so the cart isn't really required. As always backup first, items bouncing around on the ground can lead to excessive lag if you get the pickup wrong (which I did in my test world lol)
    Last edited by WTFFFS: 12/4/2012 4:50:15 PM
    EDIT: Disregard
    Last edited by Cinderflame: 12/4/2012 1:24:11 PM
    There are several modpacks, but am I able to make only ONE pack with all the mods because thaumcraft isn't in the modpack with ic2 so they're all seperate, can someone help me?
    Quote from matvanbeer

There are several modpacks, but am I able to make only ONE pack with all the mods because thaumcraft isn't in the modpack with ic2 so they're all seperate, can someone help me?

The mod pack with IC2 is still in 1.4.2, while TC3 is in 1.4.5. You'll have to wait for an update
    From what I understand, eventually the modpack options will include all of : a magic-y pack, an industrial-y pack, a lite pack, an ultimate pack with everything, and the custom pack that direwolf20 is having slowpoke build for him. The magic pack is the only one officially released so far, since key industrial-y mods (industrialcraft, redpower) are not release for 1.4.5 yet (or not released at all). Once all the mods are updated, it won't take the FTB team long to release all of the above mentioned packs, and possibly others as well, so there will be no shortage of awesome options to choose from.
    Last edited by lindyhopfan: 12/4/2012 9:39:35 PM
    My modded Minecraft challenge: A Tale of Five Districts
    http://www.minecraft...technical-mods/
    Ow :SSSS:
    Thanks!
    I need help with forestry config... I'm looking for the adventurer pack config file but I don't see any back pack config file so I don't really know what to do :P
    [url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com][img]http://www.minecraft...nners/banner_78
    One of the best and most up-to-date mod packs I've ever seen, great work!
    The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
    Why is this mod pack call Feed The Beast ?
    Quote from Daniel5143

The original modpack (1.2.5) was specifically built for a challenge map called "Feed The Beast" which is in the current launcher as the Retro SSP pack, when updating it was decided to not just have a pack for the challenge map but to have several packs for general play as well thus the FTB modpack.
    Quote from Daniel5143

Because the beast needs to be fed.
    Quote from WTFFFS

The original modpack (1.2.5) was specifically built for a challenge map called "Feed The Beast" which is in the current launcher as the Retro SSP pack, when updating it was decided to not just have a pack for the challenge map but to have several packs for general play as well thus the FTB modpack.

thx
    Does anyone know how I can use pre made blueprints from BC with this? Or tell me where I can find some?
    Last edited by dillweed65: 12/10/2012 8:03:53 PM
    Quote from dillweed65

Does anyone know how I can use pre made blueprints from BC with this? Or tell me where I can find some?

Buildcraft forums?

I think blueprints have their own folder in the minecraft directory somewhere . . .
    "Better Than Wolves: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places." - Stormweaver
    Needs more Xie's farming mod.
    Quote from mazejaker

Needs more Xie's farming mod.

Nope, they already have Forestry, and Steve's Carts are good at farming too.
    A3
    And farming turtles too.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes