FTB - The Mod Pack

Quote from Charlie Brown

Is there a way to convert MJ to EU (or even vice versa) in FTB?

If you have MJ and need to generate EU, you can use your MJ to power fermenters to make biomass and stills to turn the biomass into biofuel, which you can then use in biopower generators to generate EU. It is not a simple setup, as the fermenter needs saplings, rubber tree saplings, cacti, or sugar cane as well as water, liquid honey or apple juice, so to make a fully self-sustaining, automatic system that will produce EU using this method takes a number of machines working together. Sounds like a fun project.

Another option is to use MJ to power magma crucibles to create lava for powering geothermal generators.

A third option is to use MJ to create fuel for powering railcraft boilers, when can then run a steam turbine to generate EU.
    Last edited by lindyhopfan: 11/27/2012 4:47:25 PM
    My modded Minecraft challenge: A Tale of Five Districts
    http://www.minecraft...technical-mods/
    I LOVE THIS MODPACK!!!!!
    Quote from lindyhopfan

If you have MJ and need to generate EU, you can use your MJ to power fermenters to make biomass and stills to turn the biomass into biofuel, which you can then use in biopower generators to generate EU. It is not a simple setup, as the fermenter needs saplings, rubber tree saplings, cacti, or sugar cane as well as water, liquid honey or apple juice, so to make a fully self-sustaining, automatic system that will produce EU using this method takes a number of machines working together. Sounds like a fun project.

Another option is to use MJ to power magma crucibles to create lava for powering geothermal generators.

A third option is to use MJ to create fuel for powering railcraft boilers, when can then run a steam turbine to generate EU.

I was thinking there might be something more specificaly aimed at it, like the Power Converters mod for example, which allows the usage of Engine Generators that receive MJs as input and send out EUs. Unfortunately this mod isn't in FTB...

But from what you say it seems not all is lost. :) I'll try to mess around with that stuff. Thanks.
    Last edited by Charlie_Brown: 11/27/2012 11:04:50 PM
    Well, if you are not going to play on a server, or planning on setting up your own server, there's nothing to stop you to add the Power Converters mod, or any others.
    Yea, you're right. Going to try that too.
    Quote from ZeroPoint

Can't wait!

me too !
    Playing on the electric universe NOW. ITS good
    This is SOOOO much better than tekkit!!!
    MORON-MONKEY:D
    Quote from Plokploki1238

This is SOOOO much better than tekkit!!!

It is way batter
    Pretty cool ModPack i say. Onicraft has opened a temp server of FTB which may actually replace their tekkit server :)
    can you guys add the Mod that adds energy condensers? i was playing last night and searching it up in the too many items search thing and cant find the item. Then ive asked some other guy on the server and he said there was no emc value in FTB which was a bummer so please add it and im sure everyone will like it :)
    Is it true that it is better to download the mods individually, if you have any lag?
    Quote from Plokploki1238

can you guys add the Mod that adds energy condensers? i was playing last night and searching it up in the too many items search thing and cant find the item. Then ive asked some other guy on the server and he said there was no emc value in FTB which was a bummer so please add it and im sure everyone will like it :)

The mod with energy condensers and dark matter and destruction catalysts is Equivalent Exchange 2. It has not been updated since 1.2.5. Equivalent Exchange 3 will remove all energy condensers and other overpowered items such as the flying ring. It still has the equivalent of a philosopher's stone, a Minium Stone, in it, so you can turn logs into obsidian and gold into diamonds, etc. You can search it up and download it if you want.
    Quote from vp79

Is it true that it is better to download the mods individually, if you have any lag?

I wouldn't think so it really wouldn't change anything to avoid lag since it would still be running the exact same code.
    Im using FTB retro till TC3 and EE3 gets released to it. but i have a bug thats super annoying.
    http://imgur.com/AlCT8
    Im afraid to upload it considering i have a 1080x1920. but yeah. i dont know how to fix it and its extremely annoying/
    Quote from matt_LOLZ

Im using FTB retro till TC3 and EE3 gets released to it. but i have a bug thats super annoying.
    http://imgur.com/AlCT8
    Im afraid to upload it considering i have a 1080x1920. but yeah. i dont know how to fix it and its extremely annoying/

Thaumcraft 3 has been released and there is a EE3 pre-release :-)
    Last edited by Zyrandar: 12/1/2012 9:46:12 AM
    Quote from Charlie Brown

I was thinking there might be something more specificaly aimed at it, like the Power Converters mod for example, which allows the usage of Engine Generators that receive MJs as input and send out EUs. Unfortunately this mod isn't in FTB...

But from what you say it seems not all is lost. :) I'll try to mess around with that stuff. Thanks.

You could make some biomass and put it in the bio generator for ic2 energy from bc
    i would love it if logistics pipes and additional BC objects was added in.
    So can someone explain to me what is so good about this mod pack compared to Tekkit (other than the permission bull, I really don't give two ­s about that)

So far, it seems there is little to no natural progression, getting new stuff generally requires a stupid ammount of steps that just don't seem to be worth the effort. Compared to Tekkit, items need a ridiculous ammount more materials/tools/crafting chains and they have little to show for it in return. Why does a macerator suddenly cost diamonds and require a trip to the nether? Why does forestry require days of work to make a simple tree farm that just isn't worth the effort? Why is there three separate types of silver ore? Why do machines that take several advanced machine blocks still explode when hooked up to anything above lv? Why do you have to have 3-5 different crafting tables/machines to make one simple item?

Tekkit already had enough redundant ­ as it was (Is waiting for iron to smelt fun? Well lets have you smelt iron twice!) and this stuff just seems to take the redundancy to 11.

So basically for the few days I've played this I had a pretty terrible experience and I am honestly hoping someone could inform me where the good stuff is at, which I apparently missed.
    Quote from Censuur

So can someone explain to me what is so good about this mod pack compared to Tekkit (other than the permission bull, I really don't give two ­s about that)

So far, it seems there is little to no natural progression, getting new stuff generally requires a stupid ammount of steps that just don't seem to be worth the effort. Compared to Tekkit, items need a ridiculous ammount more materials/tools/crafting chains and they have little to show for it in return. Why does a macerator suddenly cost diamonds and require a trip to the nether? Why does forestry require days of work to make a simple tree farm that just isn't worth the effort? Why is there three separate types of silver ore? Why do machines that take several advanced machine blocks still explode when hooked up to anything above lv? Why do you have to have 3-5 different crafting tables/machines to make one simple item?

Tekkit already had enough redundant ­ as it was (Is waiting for iron to smelt fun? Well lets have you smelt iron twice!) and this stuff just seems to take the redundancy to 11.

So basically for the few days I've played this I had a pretty terrible experience and I am honestly hoping someone could inform me where the good stuff is at, which I apparently missed.

First of all, you SHOULD care about the permissions.

Secondly, the good stuff in this mod pack is exactly what you complained about: working up to getting an item. At least that's what it is for me. If I could make automatic tree farms right off the bat, it wouldn't be as fun. The thing that's good is the sense of achievement when you've made something overpowered, and not the overpowered thing itself. Another good thing is that you can customize the pack how you like it. You can add mods, remove mods (such as GregTech, the one that was changing the macerator recipe for you), and even make a mod pack of your own. So basically, what people see that's good in this mod pack is trying to make something complicated and expensive and feel proud of making it. You might be used to vanilla Minecraft, where everything is pretty straightforward, so I understand that you might find it hard to comprehend. I know this mod pack isn't like normal MC, where you can guess some things and no harm would be done, as this requires research into the mod in order to know how things work. Try playing with it a bit more, and if you don't like it, stop playing. Nobody is forcing you to play it. It's just that some people enjoy it, and some don't.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes