FTB - The Mod Pack

I finally got on, had to associate my facebook account to it though.
    Power is not always everything.
    Quote from Daniel5143

slowpoke add xycrat and back tools to the FTB mods Pack plz

Forgecraft can you add or try Mo'Creature made from DrZhark here the link
    http://www.minecraft...omesxl-support/
    the 1.3.2 will release in few day for Mo'Creature

Is there going to be teleport pipes in the mods pack?

Tech mods only really will be featured in it. And additional pipes are teleport pipes so yeah.
    I'm not going to click your stupid dragon.
    Why Ender Chests? They're official now.
    Quote from rladngus

Why Ender Chests? They're official now.

Because the Ender Storage mod allows you to "colour code" the Chests - therefore having a variety of different Ender Chests linked up for different items. The default Ender Chest that comes with vanilla minecraft only has one copy of the same chest. I hope that makes sense and I hope I've helped you? If you're still struggling to understand the difference, check out "Chicken Bones" official mod thread.
    thx
    This is probably a noob-ish questions, but now that we know the 1.4 update is being released on the 24th - how difficult will it be for the f.t.b mods to be updated in line with 1.4?
    ie, are we talking simple changes that can be done within a few days, or is it more like a few weeks?

I'm not bugging for an ETA, but since I have no clue about developing mods - I was just curious how long this would take? :)
    According to what a couple mod devs have said, the update to 1.4 should be quick and easy. Pahimar said in the EE2 thread that Searge was already working on updating MCP to 1.4. Then cpw will update FML and the Forge team will update Forge. He figured on all that taking was a week or so, though of course we know with coding things can sometimes take much longer than they anticipate. After that the mod developers will work on updating their mods.
    Last edited by GrammieFi: 10/20/2012 8:36:27 AM
    Quote from aletissier

This is probably a noob-ish questions, but now that we know the 1.4 update is being released on the 24th - how difficult will it be for the f.t.b mods to be updated in line with 1.4?
    ie, are we talking simple changes that can be done within a few days, or is it more like a few weeks?

I'm not bugging for an ETA, but since I have no clue about developing mods - I was just curious how long this would take? :)

If you check out the official FTB website you'll see that as soon as the Mod Pack is released they intend to update it AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. In other words - no offense please, I'm NOT hating - but please, please exercise some patience.
    Quote from Zyrandar

If you check out the official FTB website you'll see that as soon as the Mod Pack is released they intend to update it AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. In other words - no offense please, I'm NOT hating - but please, please exercise some patience.

Yeh, I understand it can take a while and I'm not worried about waiting, it was more just me wondering how it works for the mod devs, ie the process ... just being inquisitive!
    Quote from aletissier

Yeh, I understand it can take a while and I'm not worried about waiting, it was more just me wondering how it works for the mod devs, ie the process ... just being inquisitive!

Well...a lot of the mod authors have jobs or college/university. They're working hard on the mods but they have other responsibilities too. Trust me - they're working as fast and as hard as they can to update the mods - and to make them as bug free as possible.
    Also ... if you're interested in the whole modding process, vswe live-streams on twitch.tv; it's quite interesting although the whole programming aspect is way beyond my ken :P I just listen to what he has to say and it's interesting to hear his thought process etc. :-)
    Quote from monkeybeeee1

me didt know there was a 1.2.5 verion O.O
    monkeyfarm and docmm are doing a minecraft modded thing they was gonna do tekkit but then found out that tekkit is braking copyright so there doing FTB in 1,3 (befor portalgun was added) they are noobs at mods so dont exspect anything like dierwolf woud do

Fun fact: The minecraft terms of use does not allow for distribution of modified assets or code. And because of this, these modders that distribute modified assets do not have content rights over their derivative works. The only thing you can really say the tekkit guys are infringing on is any artwork that is not even partially based on vanilla minecraft assets. And from what I've seen in the mods I've used, that's fairly rare. The worst part of this whole thing is that the mod makers are capitalizing on their breech of the contract while the tekkit team take no money and actually send donations to the modders.
    Slowpoke101, you need to include Advanced Solars because Gravity Suite needs it.

Quote from bwillb

Fun fact: The minecraft terms of use does not allow for distribution of modified assets or code. And because of this, these modders that distribute modified assets do not have content rights over their derivative works. The only thing you can really say the tekkit guys are infringing on is any artwork that is not even partially based on vanilla minecraft assets. And from what I've seen in the mods I've used, that's fairly rare. The worst part of this whole thing is that the mod makers are capitalizing on their breech of the contract while the tekkit team take no money and actually send donations to the modders.
    Fun fact: some most popular mods (RP2, IC2, BC, EE, RC, ect) do not contain any Mojang code what-so-ever.

Back on topic: Watching DW20's vids and the misc streams of the Forgecraft server only makes me want this pack all the more. Some really great stuff being previewed. :D
    You agreed to follow them when you made your account here.
    so dose this mean that grav suit will be compadible with ee?
    Quote from halo_128

so dose this mean that grav suit will be compadible with ee?

EE3 is a complete rewrite, so you can't really say it's incompatible with anything, since it doesn't exist yet.
    "Better Than Wolves: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places." - Stormweaver
    Does anyone know whether there is going to be a F.T.B Mod Pack Wiki made after it is released?

For people like me that are fairly new to mods, I don't know which mods interact with others, ie, which pipes work with build craft, rail craft, industrial craft etc. Therefore it would be really handy (maybe in the Launcher) to have a Wiki specifically for the F.T.B mod pack.

If this is already being done - I'm sorry, as I don't know!
    aletissier, it has it's own forum: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?forum/
    Quote from GrammieFi

aletissier, it has it's own forum: http://forum.feed-th...ndex.php?forum/

Yeh, thanks, I realise that, but a forum isn't as instant as what a Wiki is when you want to look up certain information, but thanks anyway :)
    Quote from aletissier

The transferance to minecraft 1.4 should be quick and easy, this (in my mind, probably not right though) might have been caused by mojang adding new content so fast, mod developers expected a new update extremely soon. I know I did.

Quote from GrammieFi

According to what a couple mod devs have said, the update to 1.4 should be quick and easy. Pahimar said in the EE2 thread that Searge was already working on updating MCP to 1.4. Then cpw will update FML and the Forge team will update Forge. He figured on all that taking was a week or so, though of course we know with coding things can sometimes take much longer than they anticipate. After that the mod developers will work on updating their mods.

It really all depends on how fast forge is uploaded, since there's so many mods dependant on it now, there's a lot of pressure on them to update fast.

Now, to all you people requesting mods to be added, please view this modpack like a skeleton. The mods added are like bones. Bones do not make up a body. They support it. So add on some muscle if you will. It's not that hard. Most mods are drag and drop now. Just take the mod and drop it in the forge file. Then add some nice mods to make your world look better or just for fun. These would be the skin. If you think this is a crappy analogy, then that's your problem. It worked good enough.
    Beta Tester for Ars Magica and creator of Soaryn's Ascended. Check it out! https://plus.google....155226270671480
    Well, since there is already a forge version for 1.4, and one mod updated (Iron Chests) I guess things are updating pretty fast. (Forge 5 is for 1.4)

Edit: forge 5, not 4. I guess I should learn not to try to post when I'm sick.
    Last edited by GrammieFi: 10/22/2012 10:40:55 PM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes