FTB - The Mod Pack

what about optifine is that playing nice?

yep optifie is working for me

got any texture pack recommends
    Last edited by skedone: 9/17/2012 10:03:52 AM
    Cant wait
    Quote from skedone

what about optifine is that playing nice?

yep optifie is working for me

got any texture pack recommends

optifine will be an install you have to do yourself as it has multiple versions depending on how you want it to work, if it had a single install it may've been included
    Quote from zoneslash

While the FTB pack still lacks a large portion of the component mods and addons for mods, what most would consider the 'core tech mods' are now mostly updated and released, or pre-released.

What this means is we can start helping with testing to find bugs to this end, i think it's merited to try and stay with the planned content of the FTB pack, that is to not add other mods than listed :)

Note that i'm not adding links to the mods in this post, because while this is a preliminary setup we can use for fun, my intent with posting is to gather supporters who are able to track down bugs and duely report them to the devs,

In addendum i have only three things to add ; Please don't add other mods than listed to be included in the FTB pack, p

--I've bolded the parts of your quote I'm particularly wondering about.

From the tone of your post you sound like you're working with the devs, yet I've not seen any prior indication. If you are, then please say so? If not, then your "instructions" are your own interpretation of what would be helpful for the devs working on the mods. If your own interpretation, then we each have the right to have our own idea of what will help test the mods.

I've been installing and playing with these mods as they are released, both in beta and official release, as they're available to me. As I find bugs I report them in their respective threads. I haven't hesitated to add mods to the lineup because 1. they're mods I'm intested in. and 2. I figure if the FTB mods work correctly with other mods installed then of course they'll work without them too. 3. If I find a conflict between one forge mod and another, I assume that the devs want those conflicts reported whether the mod is going in the FTB modpack or not.

So, you saying "we can start installing and testing" seems a bit late to me. I've been doing that since the Forge beta was released, with the Forestry beta right after. EAch time an update is released for one of the mods I'm using I install it, just as I would if I were not eagerly waiting for the FTB modpack. I did just install the IC2 release today, and still haven't remembered to install Inventory Tweaks (let me get right on that....) but for the rest, I install them and test. Get a crash? Read the crash log to see if I can tell which mod. Report it in the proper thread and back out of whatever I did that caused the crash. And keep playing.
    Last edited by GrammieFi: 9/17/2012 8:49:30 PM
    Quote from GrammieFi

--I've bolded the parts of your quote I'm particularly wondering about.

From the tone of your post you sound like you're working with the devs, yet I've not seen any prior indication. If you are, then please say so? If not, then your "instructions" are your own interpretation of what would be helpful for the devs working on the mods. If your own interpretation, then we each have the right to have our own idea of what will help test the mods.

I've been installing and playing with these mods as they are released, both in beta and official release, as they're available to me. As I find bugs I report them in their respective threads. I haven't hesitated to add mods to the lineup because 1. they're mods I'm intested in. and 2. I figure if the FTB mods work correctly with other mods installed then of course they'll work without them too. 3. If I find a conflict between one forge mod and another, I assume that the devs want those conflicts reported whether the mod is going in the FTB modpack or not.

So, you saying "we can start installing and testing" seems a bit late to me. I've been doing that since the Forge beta was released, with the Forestry beta right after. EAch time an update is released for one of the mods I'm using I install it, just as I would if I were not eagerly waiting for the FTB modpack. I did just install the IC2 release today, and still haven't remembered to install Inventory Tweaks (let me get right on that....) but for the rest, I install them and test. Get a crash? Read the crash log to see if I can tell which mod. Report it in the proper thread and back out of whatever I did that caused the crash. And keep playing.

Nope, i don't have any ties with the modders other than admiration ; I just also know a lot of people don't have the time to check for updates every day on every mod thread, but would still like to help. To that end, i guess the best way to put it is that i post to break the silence and get the crowd moving.

I know indidvidual mods have been coming out gradually for a while, as usual, but it's always true that the more component mods you throw together, the higher the odds of incompatabilities become, and so i don't see any reason not to post as i did - of course anyone is free to add in any other mod or leave ones out, but i did post this on the FTB thread to help expedite the progress even if only slightly :)
    You don't have what it takes to beat The Indivisible Challenge
    do you?
    Ah. Ok, that's fine. Now I'm clear on what you're saying.

I agree that adding more mods increases the chance of incompatibility. It's just that if one is aware of the chance, and learn to interpret the error reports, at least enough to know where to get help, one can still add interesting mods in without confusing the issue. Plus, I use MultiMC too, so removing mods that really gum up the works is easy. So far all I've had real issues with are block and item ID conflicts, and those are easy to fix. The other minor things turned out to be either I goofed or bugs that the mod devs caught pretty quick and fixed.

People aren't going to be steered wrong following your plan. It's just that there are sooooo many fun mods available. I've got a couple that aren't currently in the plans for FTB that I don't want to give up.
    anyway like i said anyone got any texture pack suggestions lol ;-) also i know optifine is ok as i stated in my edited post im running with pack at mo, and yeah there is a few other mods i am think of too that i might just try, i too know what a block id error is and how to fix it
    ccsensors are good
    Quote from bobsvanloon

ccsensors are good

i will look that up dont know that one
    its a addon for computercraft
    Quote from skedone

anyway like i said anyone got any texture pack suggestions lol ;-) also i know optifine is ok as i stated in my edited post im running with pack at mo, and yeah there is a few other mods i am think of too that i might just try, i too know what a block id error is and how to fix it

I've heard Sphax PureBDCraft has support for a lot of the mods in with the FTB pack. If you're just looking for general fun texture packs, I like Glimmar's Steampunk
    I'm just wondering if we'll be getting Mo' Creatures? Thta just seems, to me, to be a bit of a gaping hole in the pack.
    Excuse me, but that was my comment you just read there, bub.

I'm just wondering if we'll be getting Mo' Creatures? Thta just seems, to me, to be a bit of a gaping hole in the pack.

most likely won't happen, slowpoke has said he wants mods that fit in with the FTB format, but i can't see why you can't add it yourself later on

TBH I have no idea. But if I were going to have to take a guess I would say no. The reason being is because a lot of people find the extra mobs annoying, having extra entities roaming around can cause bad lag for some, and a lot of people feel that it doesn't fit in the pack.

I would say that having it be an optional extra would be perfect. The people who want it can have it without having to go out and manually add it. While at the same time the people who dont want it dont have to have it.
    [spoiler] Crash log [/spoiler]

It probably will not happen, because of two main reasons:
    1- The reasons stated above (not fitting in, lag, etc...)
    2- The FTB modpack was designed to be fun and easy to install for all minecrafters, while still having consent from all of the mod authors (unlike Technic). However:

Quote from Dr Zhark, from the Mo Creatures FAQ »

Q.: Can I include your mod in my modpack?
    A.: I'm sorry, but no. Please do not PM me about it. The answer is still no.

Sorry :(

P.S. If you really want to, I suppose you could just manually install it afterwards...
    Last edited by G4M3R4L3RT: 9/20/2012 12:15:48 PM
    is there a download out ? didt see it on the op @_@ its late at night every thing is a little blurry so sry if me missed it
    Quote from monkeybeeee1

is there a download out ? didt see it on the op @_@ its late at night every thing is a little blurry so sry if me missed it

You do realize that this thread is in the "Work In Progress" forum, right?
    "Better Than Wolves: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places." - Stormweaver
    Quote from natchu96

You do realize that this thread is in the "Work In Progress" forum, right?
    tbh no me got to the thread from google not the forum XD
    me saw ppl using the mod on youtube like monkeyfarm and docm77 so me thort u coud allready download it

off topic
    monkey mod
    WMLL
    sergested mods :D thos to fit in any mod pack :)
    Last edited by monkeybeeee1: 9/21/2012 5:06:12 AM
    Quote from monkeybeeee1

tbh no me got to the thread from google not the forum XD
    me saw ppl using the mod on youtube like monkeyfarm and docm77 so me thort u coud allready download it

off topic
    monkey mod
    WMLL
    sergested mods :D thos to fit in any mod pack :)
    Monkey mod doesn't fit the pack at all and WMLL isn't working properly with non-standard file locations so its out too.
    You agreed to follow them when you made your account here.
    Quote from Nodachi216

Monkey mod doesn't fit the pack at all and WMLL isn't working properly with non-standard file locations so its out too.

monkeys fit in with every thing :o and about WMLL no clue what u said :P
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes