[WIP] The Dragon-Tamer Mod!

Oh, My, God, Can I test please! (I can also code a tiny bit)
    Just a progress update for you all. Basic AI is currently being worked, and a basic AI flight system is in place to allow the dragon to decide whether or not it should fly, or stay on the ground.

Please keep in mind that this is a work in progress.
    Nothing to see here.
    Quote from virgili555

Just a progress update for you all. Basic AI is currently being worked, and a basic AI flight system is in place to allow the dragon to decide whether or not it should fly, or stay on the ground.

Please keep in mind that this is a work in progress.

Amazing! This mod is going to be great!
    awsome mod hope it gets done
    Omg the venom dragon has soooo much detail,I can't wait to get this mod!
    Progress update: The first part of the dragon AI is still being written. The dragon can now determine as to whether or not it is stuck under a tree or the ground, and will attempt to unstick itself.
    Nothing to see here.
    Another progress update:

The venom dragon is now rideable
    Nothing to see here.
    Hey dude, I know it would be "sharing your secrets", but would you mind helping barracuta with his dragon riding mod with some of the AI issues he has?
    Quote from Flaming Ice

Hey dude, I know it would be "sharing your secrets", but would you mind helping barracuta with his dragon riding mod with some of the AI issues he has?

Who are you referring to. We have two coders on our team.
    Nothing to see here.
    Wait,Do you have to kill a venom dragon and then get it's egg,Then tame it,Feed it,Wait until adult or can you just tame and ride while it's found in the wild?
    You kill a dragon and then get its egg. The baby dragon that hatches is already tamed; you don't need to feed it.
    Oh thank god,This is one of the mod's i'm looking for then :D
    great mod sounds awesome i think you should add a download link it would be so cool to have this mod besides the entire mod doesnt have to be done all at once thats what updates are for
    Last edited by bigm222: 4/8/2012 7:56:28 PM
    Quote from bigm222

great mod sounds awesome i think you should add a download link it would be so cool to have this mod besides the entire mod doesnt have to be done all at once thats what updates are for

I don't think so. We're not ready to make a public downloadable version just yet. Here's some reasons why:
    • The AI is still in development, and bugs exist that severely affect the dragons ability to determine what to do.
    • Animations aren't finished.
    • Some parts of the dragon models aren't finished.
    • Some features for the initial release are not yet ready.
    Nothing to see here.
    Here's a video of one of the smaller bugs with the Venom Dragon AI (each Dragon will have it's own AI to allow us to make the dragons act differently and uniquely).

There's also another bug displayed in the video that we're currently working towards fixing (wings flicker a little, nothing major).
    Last edited by virgili555: 4/8/2012 10:25:20 PM
    Nothing to see here.
    Quote from virgili555

I don't think so. We're not ready to make a public downloadable version just yet. Here's some reasons why:
    • The AI is still in development, and bugs exist that severely affect the dragons ability to determine what to do.
    • Animations aren't finished.
    • Some parts of the dragon models aren't finished.
    • Some features for the initial release are not yet ready.

Ok i didnt realize how much work needed to ne done and i would try and help but i barely know how to model
    Quote from bigm222

Ok i didnt realize how much work needed to ne done and i would try and help but i barely know how to model

We're okay, but thanks anyway. Rest assured we're working very hard to get a stable pre-release out soon (if not a full initial release). Check the video I posted recently for a video of one of the smaller bugs present.
    Nothing to see here.
    Quote from virgili555

We're okay, but thanks anyway. Rest assured we're working very hard to get a stable pre-release out soon (if not a full initial release). Check the video I posted recently for a video of one of the smaller bugs present.

Oh yeah i saw that posted immediately before i posted i thought it was kijd of funny but it still is really cool that you have gotten the dragon to work that much an that looks like a really complicated model great job
    Quote from bigm222

Oh yeah i saw that posted immediately before i posted i thought it was kijd of funny but it still is really cool that you have gotten the dragon to work that much an that looks like a really complicated model great job

It'll be able to do a lot more by the time I'm finished with the AI. We've got a lot of actions for it planned, and if Dan approves, they may able to breed on their own without human intervention.
    Nothing to see here.
    When you've finished the venom dragon AI,Maybe you can add more dragon's like a Frost dragon.ect,Also maybe it is possible to put in dragon den's with chest's and chained skeleton's and even nest's with dragon egg's inside them (JUST IDEA'S)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes