This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

[1.1.0] Tale of Kingdoms Ver. 1.3.0

Poll: What do you think is the best step for the mod?

Actuality

What do you think is the best step for the mod? - Single Choice

• begin a new with another concept possibly better and more fleshed out. 33.2%
  • Use the concept of tale of kingdoms (Kingship/Reficules) 66.8%

This poll has ended as of 5/15/2014 5:49:25 PM

I like the mod well enough, it goes great with better dungeons (gives the dungeons some kind of story).

I will try and put this very tastefully with out sounding like a whiner or a troll.
    All my problems with this mod stem from the bad guys. Their camps are ugly. The villages are ugly. Both are way too common. The bad guys are cheap and don't drop anything making them not worth engaging. I mean, they don't even drop exp orbs... SQUID drop exp orbs, why not these guys?

I would absolutely LOVE a version with out the bad guys.
    Last edited by Awesomebob74: 1/7/2012 9:16:10 AM
    Whats so annoying about the excalibur his
    Quote from Awesomebob74

I like the mod well enough, it goes great with better dungeons (gives the dungeons some kind of story).

I will try and put this very tastefully with out sounding like a whiner or a troll.
    All my problems with this mod stem from the bad guys. Their camps are ugly. The villages are ugly. Both are way too common. The bad guys are cheap and don't drop anything making them not worth engaging. I mean, they don't even drop exp orbs... SQUID drop exp orbs, why not these guys?

The bad guy give you honor for excalibur and more to your path to kingdomship and Tyber said something about other enemy or ally kingdom or a boss or something like that
    I love this mod, but as I was watching the videos I noticed that it was a different texture. Just wondering what is the texture pack that was used?
    Quote from mohfe2

You have both encountered a corrupted KingdomModSave.dat (something which I've touched on several times in this thread already).

To fix this, either load a back-up copy (which you probably don't have) or start a new game and use the ToK Save Editor (on the first page) to adjust your progress accordingly. If you liked the map you were using, write down the seed and use it again when you load the game.

Cool, thanks for the feedback/advice. I did actually have an old .save, deleted that and .props (which, I have a minor issue with having to delete - causes the holes and villages to go back to normal value, which I forget to put back to "barely see any Reficules", not a big issue, but wouldn't mind seeing an alternate way of being able to update) which didn't change where the kingdom folks are (still in the second, buried kingdom), and neither of the Guilds have folk in it anymore. And the builder's telling me I'm not ready for a kingdom when I try to rebuild.

Am I upset? Nope. This is a pre-full update, and I expected it to be a bit wonky, and I'm glad it's happening now so when the full update's released it's going to be even better. :biggrin.gif:

Tyber, feel free to pm me if you need anymore info on what's going on, I'm happy to help.

Quote from qtip1342

I love this mod, but as I was watching the videos I noticed that it was a different texture. Just wondering what is the texture pack that was used?

Probably the Summer Fields TP with the TOK support added through MCPatcher. (it is kinda right there on the main page, near the bottom but w/e)
    Last edited by BeTheMac: 1/7/2012 10:51:14 AM
    java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
    at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
    at mod_HeroesGuild.ReadProperty(mod_HeroesGuild.java:229)
    at mod_HeroesGuild.load(mod_HeroesGuild.java:131)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:830)
    at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:186)
    at wb.<init>(wb.java:76)
    at wb.<clinit>(wb.java:9)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:265)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:644)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Anyone know whats wrong?
    Oh Nvm I got it resolved was reading through all the post and found the answer. :smile.gif: Thanks anyways. Problem was my KingdomModProp was old or something idk.
    I posted this a while ago, but noone seems to reply, so I decided to post it again.

I found one error - when around "The hellhole" there is usually small spot (around 5x5x5 blocks) where I can't place nor destroy any blocks. Anyone else having this issue?

Also, I think it would look better if behind the iron bars in the hole were some darker blocks (I would go with soul sand). Dirt and water behind bars don't look so good I think.

Anyway, great mod! :smile.gif: :Diamond:
    Quote from -Reaper-

I posted this a while ago, but noone seems to reply, so I decided to post it again.

I found one error - when around "The hellhole" there is usually small spot (around 5x5x5 blocks) where I can't place nor destroy any blocks. Anyone else having this issue?

Also, I think it would look better if behind the iron bars in the hole were some darker blocks (I would go with soul sand). Dirt and water behind bars don't look so good I think.

Anyway, great mod! :smile.gif: :Diamond:

I get that also but when all the enemies of that "hellhole", as you call them, are dead, you can interact with those blocks.
    Quote from Lord_Karnak

I get that also but when all the enemies of that "hellhole", as you call them, are dead, you can interact with those blocks.

Well it did not work for me, I guess I'll check again. Btw. I don't call them enemies of hellhole, I just referred to the hole as hellhole, I have no idea how I should call it more propertly :smile.gif:
    Last edited by MCFUser400544: 1/7/2012 1:38:30 PM
    Quote from Unit888

Quote from Unit888

I found a bug and I thought this was the best way to show it to yo. It's caused by dying in multiplayer and it looks like the penalty system does it but here's the error log:
    Mods loaded: 25
    ModLoader 1.0.0
    mod_TooManyItems 1.0.0 2011-11-19
    mod_Timber r5 (for 1.0.0)
    mod_SpawnerGUI 1.0.0
    mod_RecipeBook 1.0.0
    mod_Somnia v17 [1.0.0]
    mod_Invasion 0.7.2
    mod_InvTweaks 1.35 (1.0.0)
    mod_ClayMan 1.0.0
    mod_ReiMinimap v2.9_02 [1.0.0]
    mod_ModLoaderMp 1.0.0
    mod_ElementalCreepers 1.0.0
    mod_Tooltip r9
    mod_BuildCraftBuilders 2.2.7
    mod_BuildCraftCore 2.2.7
    mod_BuildCraftEnergy 2.2.7
    mod_BuildCraftFactory 2.2.7
    mod_BuildCraftTransport 2.2.7
    mod_SinglePlayerCommands 2.1 for SPC 3.0.1
    mod_SmartMovingMp 6.2
    mod_Volcano Volcano Mod V1.0: by Jokiboy
    mod_MineColony MineColony rc16 beta for Minecraft 1.0.0
    mod_Friend_config 
    mod_Friend_oku v1.6 r1
    mod_HeroesGuild 1.3.0

Minecraft has crashed!  	
      	----------------------  	

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to [email protected]
    Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 14a7e661 --------
    Generated 2012.01.05. 17:19

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.0.0
    Java: 1.6.0_29, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series version 4.1.11251 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.lang.ClassCastException: bi cannot be cast to e
    	at mod_HeroesGuild.saveGold(mod_HeroesGuild.java:306)
    	at goldKeeper.decreaseGold(goldKeeper.java:40)
    	at mod_HeroesGuild.OnTickInGUI(mod_HeroesGuild.java:698)
    	at ModLoader.OnTick(ModLoader.java:1129)
    	at EntityRendererProxy.b(EntityRendererProxy.java:16)
    	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(SourceFile:738)
    	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:658)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT 63d3a6f9 ----------
    I hope you can find a way to fix it.:rolleyes:
    I sent you a PM too but you probably have tons of them to read all. Oh and great job with the mod I love it

Still waiting for an answer...

MAJOR BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Unit888: 1/7/2012 3:12:05 PM
    if I sign up the contract at the guild master, exit the world, re-enter it and crouch I have to sign up the contract again ._. i am using various mods, but those who modifies some class files are the forge api, item sprite api and the patch that make them work together
    Last edited by SnO_Opzzzz: 1/7/2012 3:20:42 PM
    Sorry for my bad English
    Add the fossil mod to the list cause you can buy and sell stuff from it
    And proud of it!
    Quote from Awesomebob74

IKR I HATE THE BAD GUYS THEY RUIN THE BEUTIFUL TERRAIN AND ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO DEFEAT ALONE WITHOUT PROPOR GEAR!
    And proud of it!
    Quote from -Reaper-

Well it did not work for me, I guess I'll check again. Btw. I don't call them enemies of hellhole, I just referred to the hole as hellhole, I have no idea how I should call it more propertly :smile.gif:

The enemies are called Reficuls.

"If English is your first language, please have at least a basic understanding of how it works." Organum11548
    I LOVE this mod. It's so fun! You did a wonderful job on this mod. :Diamond:
    Quote from Awesomebob74

Open the kingdommod.props file and set a higher value for burningvillage and reficulehole-rarity to get less of them.
    Hi, im playing this mod through the newest YogBox and it seems like the demon warrior bases are really common, i found 5 in a roughly a 200 box radius of the main kindgom.

and with the demon warriors, they popped up in my own kingdom which i had built up to tier 3 and placed netherrack around part of it during battle, im unable to remove this though or dig the surrounding area.

All in all though i do love this mod and i think its going to only get better.....with with the frequency of the demon warriors and burning villages it just makes it really hard to play as no matter which way i walk i seem to bump into one of them and get killed.

anyway, just thought i would mention this as it might be something that needs fixing.

all the best

MunkeyCraft

EDIT: After posting i saw the post above mine....(that teaches me for not ready EVERY post lol) changing the .plist seems to have done the job :smile.gif:

I also saw a comment about other kingdoms to fight against and trade with, i think this would be a wonderful addition.

also i would just like to say that this mod goes REALLY well with Dragon Mount Mod (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/827863-100-dragon-mounts-wip/) by BarracudaATA
    Last edited by The8BitMonkey: 1/7/2012 6:58:12 PM
    I know I'm a noob for asking this but how do you get the foremen?
    how do i stop the spawning of burning villages and reficul completely?
    ~if you have time, click please :)~

Quote from Gamestar1313

The enemies are called Reficuls.

And once again, I know :smile.gif: Once again - I was referring to the hole that leads down into the void. I didn't talk about the enemies - Reficuls :smile.gif: Please read more carefully
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes