This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

[1.7.3] The Moon v1.1 [WIP]

January 13th 2012
    Hello all,
    I'm realy sorry for my behavior in last months. I was realy bussy in my life, so I haven't time, for watching forums, responding and stuff. The thing is that from today, the Moon is officially canceled. Please don't ask for reasons, just take it as a fact. Basicly the whole thing grow over my head.

But to at least a little repay for your patience and support, the last thing I will do is to release The Moon source for free for anyone, who has the balls to make something great of it.

The source is hosted at github: https://github.com/sutr90/Minecraft-The-Moon

It was great fun,
    sutr90

WARNING
    Multiplayer is broken by The Moon v1.1. I'm working on it.

Guys due this post:
    Quote from Shockah

Okay.
    SAPI WON'T BE FIXED until 1.9. Deal with it. It's just not worth fixing it for 1.8.

I wont update mod for 1.8.1. SAPI is the main API for mod. So please be patient.

I have created special Twitter account, so you can follow developement.
    @MC_TheMoon

Also there is a Facebook page, feel free to add your videos, somments and stuff.
    MC The Moon on Facebook

If you think it's worth it donate:

If you suggesting some new idea, it's great. But I don't find suggestions as "add this mob..." any helpful. I'm not against adding new mobs, but currently I find it more annoying than challeging for players. Please don't ask for Moon version of current mobs, there wont be any.
    Thanks.

TODO List
    [*]New ores - but still don't know which
    [*]New hostile mob
    [*]Some kind of atmosphere thingy - oxygen generator maybe
    [*]SAPI r8
    [*]MC 1.8 compatibility
    [*]Fixing bugs

How to get there
    To get to The Moon you have to build a portal. The portal looks same as Nether portal, but is made from cheese, because as you Moon is made from cheese, isn’t it? To activate the portal use Sonic Screwdiver. As you find out later the cheese myth isn’t really true, but every there is a little bit of truth in every tale.

There is also another way to get there. You can use Space ship. First build a BuilderBot, provide it some materials and fuel, and wait for your new great rocket.

Living on The Moon
    On Moon there are few changes against Minecraftia. As you know, Moon doesn’t have an atmosphere. So you have to wear super-duper Moon Suit or you will suffocate in no time. Also because of absence of atmosphere you cannot place certain blocks including plants, fluids and fire operating crafts (furnaces, torches). You also cannot sleep on Moon. If you want to smelt ores or use torches. No problem. Just take a piece of Minecraftia with you. It’s really easy, just craft a Moon Tent for you. Tent unites a protection and portability. You want to move on? Just pack your tent and head to adventure.

The Moon has a lower gravity than Minecraftia. So you can jump higher and fall deeper at ease. But this could be a little contra productive. So if you want to jump a little use duck jump i.e. jump while sneaking.
    The Moon is always there when you are scared of filthy monsters wandering around your home, looking silently from its height down at us. He never helps you. But now you have the chance for payback. Get ready and strike the Earth! Erhm, Moon. Strike the Moon!

Here is official signature banner:
    [URL=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/553028-173-the-moon-wip/][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Boi0L.png[/IMG][/URL]

by DJ_Meeplord

And here we have an official trailer for current release:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Ly3W_uS3U

by Blabagas

Screenshots

It's compatible with Mars Mod by The Morfeus:

Videos:

There are some videos made by you! Thanks for every each of them.

Installation Guide for Win by GamerBurton

Installation Guide for Mac by MinecraftModderz

NOTE: In some videos there is a weird Moon Suite texture. It's my fault, in first release I forgot to add texture files. It's fixed now.

Spotlight by GameChap

Spotlight by Zekkyou

Spotlight by spencerf100

New Blocks and Items
    Cheese
    You will have to use it for portal. Cheese is edible, break Cheese block into slices and enjoy the delightfull taste.

Reinforced Cloth
    Top Minecraft scientist copied this technology directly from NASA, so it has to work, sure? It’s like the ordinary cloth but it’s reinforced with golden coating, which provides airtightness and blocks cosmic rays.

Moon Tent
    Your very own piece of homeland in vast nothingness of Moon. To build one you will need a Tent Block, Sonic Screwdriver and flat solid area. First dig out one block and replace it with Tent Block, then right click while holding charged Sonic Screwdriver and voila you have your Moon Tent ready. Inside the tent same rules as on the surface apply. You don’t have to wear Moon Suit. You can place all blocks (except Bed) use torches and so on. If you want to move on, simply click the Tent Block again and Moon Tent will pack into small carry able package.

Moon Lamp
    On Moon it’s kinda dark, but ordinary torches don’t work here. Problem? Not really, just use these Moon Lamps!

Moon Suit
    This piece of clothing is the most important part of your wardrobe. It protects you on surface of the moon. It provides same protection as leather armour so take care of it, but it grants you ability to breath in vacuum on Moon surface.
    Moon Helmet

Moon Jacket

Moon Pants

Moon Sneakers

Sonic Screwdriver
    This is the most important tool for Moon explorer. It has 30 uses before it turns off. To make it operative again you have to recharge it. Note: You can only recharge a fully depleted screwdriver.

Craft:

Recharge:

Bauxite
    Bauxite is pretty common ore found on surface. You will need it to smelt Aluminium ingots.

Builder Bot Dock
    With your just smelted aluminium ingots, you can cratf a Builder Bot Dock. You can operate the dock by right clicking it with Sonic Screwdriver. Then just follow instructions. This is the key to your new Space Ship. Builder Bot is powered by coal or charcoal.
    Credits for BBot texture goes to tyronblade

Rocket Core
    To build the Rocket you will need Rocket Core. When the Rocket is ready just power the Rocket Core and rigth click it. That's all.
    WARNING! Don't use Rocket elsewhere than Rocket. Results are unpredictable.

Regolith
    Regolith aka Moon Soil is pretty common on Moon surface. You can use it to effectively craft TNT.

Installation
    Note:
    If you are upgrading from previous version, you have to delete all files from old version and then install the new version. Also the saves are'n compatible, because of change in IDs.

1. Download ModLoader 1.7.3
    2. Download ShockAhPI r6
    3. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ShockAhPI r6!!
    4. Download The Moon
    5. Install ModLoader
    6. Install ShockAhPI
    7. Copy all files inside the jar folder of The Moon into root directory of minecraft.jar
    8. Make sure you have deleted META-INF
    9. Copy file moon.ini to .minecraft folder
    10. Enjoy!
    Stick to the list, it looks like the sequence is important. So first install ModLoader and then install ShockAhPI.

Download
    Adf.ly
    Mediafire

I would like to thank Risugami and Shockah for their tools, which enabled developement of this mod. Many thanks goes to Mojang as well, for their great game.

Changelog
    v1.1
    ------------
    Fixes:
    + Fixed fall damage on Moon
    + Fixed Moon texture when dying on Moon
    + Fixed droping blocks from Moon Tent
    + Fixed Helmet recipe
    + Fixed Mushrooms spawning on Moon
    + Improved tent code, it's better but still not perfect
    + Several other fixes I can't remember right now :biggrin.gif:
    New Features:
    + New ore - bauxite
    + New metal - aluminium
    + Cheese is edible
    + ID's are configurable
    + Spaceship
    + New covering block on Moon - regolith
    + Space Suit works under water now
    + ERBs have chance to drop redstone, instead of leather

v1.0
    ------------
    Initial release

FAQ
    Q: I get this error:
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -10
    at uu.<init>(SourceFile:243)
    at uu.<init>(SourceFile:265)
    A: You don't have moon.ini file in correct location.

Q: How do I build the portal?
    A: First create a vertical frame 4 by 5 from cheese. Then right click to activate it witk Sonic Screwdriver.

Q: How do I build a tent? It says "Couldnt build a tent." What should I do?
    A: Well placing a tent is a bit tricky. First you have to make sure you have a flat area 8 by 8 block. Above these platform there have to be at least 4 block of free space (air). Then dig a hole in the middle of this platform and fill it with tent block. This flat platform will be repalced with tent floor.

Q: When I step into portal, I get message about entering the Nehter or the screen freezes with message "Saving Chunks". What should I do?
    A: Currently there is some problems with traveling through portal. It seems that The Moon isn't currently compatible with other mods. I personally used clean MC and it worked just fine. Along with TMI. Also make sure you have correct version of ShockAhPI.

Q: How do I get Space Ship?
    A: You have to build Builder Bot, fuel him and provide him building materials.

Q: How do I get Builder Bot?
    A: You have to craft Builder Bot Dock, see recipes.

Q: How do I use SpaceShip?
    A: First you have to power the Rocket Core. Use button, lever, resstone torch, pressure plate...
    It's same as powering Iron Doors. The easier approach is to attach lever to core and pull it.
    When Core is powered right-click on it.
    Last edited by sutr90: 1/13/2012 9:11:32 AM
    We do what we must, because we can.
    looks fun.
    creeper wanna hugsssssssss
    Aliens can work!
    BTW -1st Comment-
    ---------------------
    Edit: nvm 2nd :sad.gif:
    Last edited by vietsinz: 8/15/2011 2:18:25 PM
    In the words of Dib: ALIENS
    Nice mod
    Last edited by philboy11: 8/15/2011 2:19:56 PM
    Hmm trying out now seems interesting! Also, Fourth
    Last edited by BenniixD: 8/15/2011 2:21:28 PM
    When life gives you lemons, Throw them on the ground and go make apple juice instead.
    SONIC SCREWDRIVER!

:ohmy.gif:

MUST.

HAVE.

Seriously though, this looks really neat. What exactly can the Sonic Screwdriver do? Open iron doors? Power/De-Power redstone wiring? Activate/De-activate pistons?
    I think its incompatible with the Aether...
    When life gives you lemons, Throw them on the ground and go make apple juice instead.
    Looks pretty sick, trying it out :biggrin.gif:
    Last edited by RXthames: 8/15/2011 2:28:58 PM
    A lot of people talked about making a moon, but you're the only one that I know who actually made one. Perhaps it so you can take moon rocks and use a compressor to make it into a stronger material, it could work kinda like a furnace
    How exactly do you activate the portal?
    EDIT : Never mind!. but now i keep getting a Saving chunks error. Anyone else getting it?
    Last edited by BenniixD: 8/15/2011 2:41:32 PM
    Quote from BenniixD

You must use the screwdriver on the portal. happy adventures! :smile.gif:
    Swag yolo swag mcgee.
    Quote from nate111135

Seriously though, this looks really neat. What exactly can the Sonic Screwdriver do? Open iron doors? Power/De-Power redstone wiring? Activate/De-activate pistons?

Well nice ideas, but currently I want to keep the mod separated from vanilla gameplay.

Quote from BenniixD

Currently the screwdriver works only for building and packing the Moon Tent and opening portal.
    Last edited by sutr90: 8/15/2011 2:43:26 PM
    Quote from sutr90

Well nice ideas, but currently I want to keep the mod separated from vanilla gameplay.

Currently the screwdriver works only for building and packing the Moon Tent and opening portal.
    Well apparently i cant get this mod to work :sad.gif: i keep getting "Saving chunks" then it says "Going to the Nether" then it crashes.
    This mod is awesome!

I think you should add little alien cities with their own armies! if you beat them you can get loot from them
    GET PWNED NUB
    i have a idea making meteors hitting the surface of the moon and leave a crater with a chans of coal or diamond
    Quote from thblockster

i have a idea making meteors hitting the surface of the moon and leave a crater with a chans of coal or diamond

Haha pretty good idea!, except i think Iron would make a little bit more sense..
    Now, we need to be able to go to the moon using portals. :blink.gif:

But don't worry, if not that's good enough !
    Quote from BenniixD

Well apparently i cant get this mod to work :sad.gif: i keep getting "Saving chunks" then it says "Going to the Nether" then it crashes.

If you open .minecraft there should be ModLoader log. Please post it here.
    Also are you sure about the "Going to Nether"? This shouldn't appear. Are you sure you used correct version of ShockAhPI?
    Last edited by sutr90: 8/15/2011 2:54:43 PM
    AWESOME. Someone finally made it.
    EDIT:
    -=FIRST PAAAAAGE=-
    Last edited by Tassadaritze: 8/15/2011 2:56:55 PM
    Quote from sutr90

If you open .minecraft there should be ModLoader log. Please post it here.
    Also are you sure about the "Going to Nether"? This shouldn't appear. Are you sure you used correct version of ShockAhPI?

PLS make a smal space ship so you can travale there with out making a portal you would be famus!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes