Minecraft Forge, won't work with 1.7.2?

im having the same problem :( is there any way of switching back to 1.6.2 or am i stuck on 1.7.2 ?
    Quote from flamincannon

im having the same problem :( is there any way of switching back to 1.6.2 or am i stuck on 1.7.2 ?

You can make a new profile in the bottom-left section of the launcher, and set it to run 1.6.2 or 1.6.4 (or whatever version you want). However, if you already had a 1.6.X version of Forge installed, it should automatically be set to run in whatever version of MC it was designed for.

Quote from Ripster

Why isnt there any forge 1.7 i really want mods but i cant i need forge

come to this youtube channel http://www.youtube.c...THETJVIDCHANNEL

There is so much wrong with this post, I don't even know where to start. :steve_eyeroll:
    #PuttingAHashtagInFrontOfAnythingMakesYourArgumentMoreCompellingAndDoesn'tMakeYouLookAtAllLikeARetard
    Quote from PillowTalk

Are the changes from 1.7.2 *that* different for the structure of mods? Serious question, because on the surface, it doesn't seem like certain things, like Forge, would need to be all that much different, if at all. You know, some new blocks, a slightly different world gen structure for the new biomes, etc. Looking at it that way, it's hard to see why something like Forge would even need an update.

Unless mods like Forge rely on hex offsets, in which case, nevermind. XD

True that when looking at it from that perspective you'd think that MCP and Forge could update within the same day as MC updating. Unfortunately, every time MC updates, the classes change and that means MCP has to be redone from scratch, then Forge needs to "correct" any old coding and update it (and seeing how many classes Forge changes, that's a very long process).

Also, this update changed a lot of things. We think about WorldGen, but also Sound and other huge things were changed.

tl;dr - don't expect MCP and Forge to be updated for quite some time, therefore don't expect your favorite mods to be updated for a substantial amount of time...

P.S: people are expecting a 1.7.3 and 1.7.4 update to MC to fix some bugs, so that would just set mod update progress back to 0%.
    Last edited by Els236: 10/30/2013 9:34:46 PM
    you can use a profile
    I hope that Forge work because the 1.6 Version won't decompile.
    So maybe it takes longer for modmakers to update:(
    Quote from PillowTalk

Are the changes from 1.7.2 *that* different for the structure of mods? Serious question, because on the surface, it doesn't seem like certain things, like Forge, would need to be all that much different, if at all. You know, some new blocks, a slightly different world gen structure for the new biomes, etc. Looking at it that way, it's hard to see why something like Forge would even need an update.

Unless mods like Forge rely on hex offsets, in which case, nevermind. XD

yes, because they changed the entire map generation to a new map gen.
    1.7 is already 2weeks out
    Still no forge and craftbukkit
    Quote from thomassu

1.7 is already 2weeks out
    Still no forge and craftbukkit

It takes time... look at this post for more info.
    ChatLog is a mod updated for Minecraft 1.7.10.
    Click here to check it out: http://bit.ly/clmcmod

Do you have a mod pack? If you do, I'd be humbled if you checked out my collaboration project, YAMPST. It's designed for mod pack creators, made to keep track of statistics for your pack, just by adding a mod to it. Check it out!
    I hope this will come out soon.I miss zooming in with optifine! :(

Quote from BurgerChamp

nope, works fine for me...
    It works for you?!?! Do you mean 1.7.3 beta?
    Last edited by MultiDarkShadow777: 11/1/2013 4:46:29 PM
    Quote from Konork

And in order to do that, they had to tear up the framework that most modders used. It'll take a while for things to get working with the new framework, but once everything's working again, it'll be smoother for future updates.

ME TOO OMG! By the way guys does anyone know how to install Nodus 1.7.2? I'm on mac and i would appreciate some help!
    I couldn't find forge for 1.7.2 either, so i guess ill just have to play forge on 1.6.4 until forge comesout in 1.7.2
    Quote from LinkMasterTime

I couldn't find forge for 1.7.2 either, so i guess ill just have to play forge on 1.6.4 until forge comesout in 1.7.2

Thank you for taking note of the fact about which this entire post is about. :P
    God ain't dead.
    Herobrine ain't dead.
    I, on the other hand, am.
    does any one know WHEN forge 1.7 is coming out?
    Quote from kmine293

does any one know WHEN forge 1.7 is coming out?

This is the most accurate information I can give you: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,13353.0.html

Do you have a mod pack? If you do, I'd be humbled if you checked out my collaboration project, YAMPST. It's designed for mod pack creators, made to keep track of statistics for your pack, just by adding a mod to it. Check it out!
    i would be completely ok with no mods if i could find a savannah biome seed WITH horses and an npc village which is kinda alot :/the reason why i need mods for things like that is spawning horses (yes cheating)
    Only those redstones.
    I am going to cry i wish forge would update so i could have all of my mods back and i could be happy again
    Quote from flurrie123

I am going to cry i wish forge would update so i could have all of my mods back and i could be happy again

Your Forge profile in the launcher probably still has 1.6.4 with all your mods in it, just select Forge from the profile selection list in the bottom left corner and hit Play.

I'm getting really impatient waiting for Forge to update.
    But they DID change a lot of stuff, so I guess it's gonna take a while. I hope it will be updated in a week or two.
    Quote from Sheldetin

I'm getting really impatient waiting for Forge to update.
    But they DID change a lot of stuff, so I guess it's gonna take a while. I hope it will be updated in a week or two.

If you only play with small mods, then maybe. However, if you're using some of the bigger mods, you'll probably have to wait a month to use them. Forge will come first of all of them, though :)

If anyone gets any new information about when Minecraft Forge 1.7.2 is available, can you please let me know/reply to me? I'm new to Minecraft, I just bought it yesterday and I wanted to install some mods that require Forge to download. :'(

Thanks in advance!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes