So. Was bored, and felt like putting on my coding head.
I did so, and so far, I've written a little library for myself, and a larger application for mucking about with cartograph maps.
Now, until I find out how to/implement automagic rendering, you have to render the slices yourself, but that's not too much of an issue.
Installation instructions: [*:1wwjp1kw]Install Python 2.x (6 or above) if you don't already have it.
[*:1wwjp1kw]Install PyGame for your Python, if you don't already have it.
[*:1wwjp1kw]Download this, and unrar it to wherever you want.
Preparation instructions: [*:1wwjp1kw]Render the range of slices you wish to scroll through, for instance, I render 0, 1, 2, 3.. 127. (There's a .bat in the cartograph folder that can do this for you, but it misses out layer 0, and 128(?) by default.)
[*:1wwjp1kw]Put dem in a folder, away from other .pngs. You've been warned.
Usage instructions: [*:1wwjp1kw]Run layers.py, (doubleclicking at this point should work).
[*:1wwjp1kw]Enter the path to your images.
[*:1wwjp1kw]Scroll dem textures.
[*:1wwjp1kw]Scrollwheel up/down - Change layer
[*:1wwjp1kw]RMB+drag - scroll/drag the layer around the screen
[*:1wwjp1kw]MouseBack - Zoom in -- UNIMPLEMENTED AS OF YET
[*:1wwjp1kw]MouseForward - Zoom out -- UNIMPLEMENTED AS OF YET
[*:1wwjp1kw]Esc - Quit.
Highlights/Things I enjoy telling people:
[*:1wwjp1kw]I believe it's cross-platform. I haven't tested that, though.
[*:1wwjp1kw]Renames all the .pngs with 0 padding by magic. Hence keeping your other .pngs away from the slices.
If you wanna thank me, feel free to do so, and I'll be very surprised. If more likelyly, there's trouble with what I've written, let me know, and I'll try and fix it. A detailed description of the problem would be helpful. (You say "it doesn't work", I say "next please".)
[*:1wwjp1kw]Doublebuffering is giving me a pain in my ****. It looks ugly (if you see it), but it works much more smoothly than without it, so it's staying.
[*:1wwjp1kw]If it doesn't close properly, it keeps hogging the memory it claimed before. Also, it claims alot of memory when running. The slices I'm using are 7.5MiB in total, but the program uses about 400MiB.