Setting up an Xbox 360 Controller (With Free Software)

Quote from hoosiercub »
    I got this working with a wireless 360 controller and an old wireless PC adaptor I had from a headset a while back.

Only problems are the wandering cursor, little to not annoying, but would like to know how to adjust it to fix this, and as well, I'd like to know how to setup a command for the left-side Shift key, so i can crouch and not fall off of **** :-)

Otherwise, this is epic as fawk, and F-R-E-E unlike Xpadder, unless you're a pirate you can steal xPadder, and use that.

Look down in my sig for the same thing. This guy hasn't logged in over a year. so he probably wont be replying. so I remade a new one. I made the code to let you crouch. This code was basicly for indev.
    For those of you having problems with deadzone, the fix is real simple.

//Mouse Stuff
    //Turning (Right Stick)
    Mouse.DirectInputX = Mouse.DirectInputX + var.TurnSpeed*deadzone(Joystick1.pitch,.15)//Joystick1.Axis4)
    Mouse.DirectInputY = Mouse.DirectInputY + var.TurnSpeed*deadzone(Joystick1.yaw,.15)//Axis5)

This is were the fix takes place. the deadzone operator or w/e actually has 2 inputs, an x (which for me is joystick1.pitch and yaw) and an a (.15 seems to work for me)that takes values within the range [-a, a] of the zero point and makes them 0 as well.

I guess the original author didnt need to account for the deadzone since the space was blank but just put a comma after joystick1.pitch or w/e your input is, and put a value of a somewhere between 1 and 0. 1 if you dont want the stick to move, .5 if you only wanna use half the stick, .1245679132 also works.
    How would one invert the mouse(right thumbstick)?
    !!!! New Version 0.43 !!!! (Jan 21, 2010)

Download GlovePIE 0.43 to control PC games with Neurosky ThinkGear, Wild Divine Lightstones, Emotiv Epoc, Wiimotes (Wii Remotes), Wii Fit Balance Boards, Playstation 3 controllers (SIXAXIS, Dual Shock 3), Spaceball, Novint Falcon, eMagin Z800, Essential Reality P5 Virtual Reality Glove, 5DT Data Glove, Flock of Birds tracker, Polhemus trackers, etc.
    Please read the following warning before downloading:

Warning! Use of this product (or any other electrical technology) will destroy the planet with Global Warming, unless you are using 100% Green or Nuclear power! Less than 100% is not enough to stop catastrophic climate change. Living near a green power station doesn't count, since that green power was already sold to someone else. Living near a nuclear power station DOES count as 100% green power, since there is no market for nuclear green power.

I already have 100% Green power

Where can I buy 100% Green power?

Why is that?

You're lying or wrong!

http://glovepie.org/glovepie_download.php
    what are the controls because i cannot open my inventory or crouch at the moment i tried reseting the minecraft controls to the originals too help? :/

How would I make the left stick inverted as thats how i play.

Unfortunately...

-Luke
    glovepie's creator is racist! if your from israel, the program will never work! and its not a bug,you can ask him and he will tell you.
    if your looking at this then you might notice that its not finished, but dont wor
    can i use a wireless controller connected using the play&charge cable?
    If you want to change what button does what, here's how:

Key.(letter) = Joystick1.Button(number)
    //     ex:  Key.Q = Joystick1.Button3

"Key.Q" is the letter on your keyboard the button on your controller corresponds to, in this case, it's Q.
    Button3 is the button on your controller that will activate the aforementioned keyboard key, in this case, it's X.

Here's a list of what number means what for your xBox controller:

1 - A
    2 - B
    3 - X
    4 - Y
    5 - LB (Left Bumper)
    6 - RB ( Right Bumper)
    7 - Back (Left Arrow)
    8 - Start (Right Arrow)
    9 - Left Stick Pressed
    10 - Right Stick Button

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, to clear it up, if you wanted to make the B button the jump button, you would have to find the default

Key.R = Joystick1.Button2

and replace it with

Key.Space = Joystick1.Button2

where space is the space bar, and button2 is the B button.
    Respect my authoritah!
    Will this work with the new afterglow xbox360 controllers?
    Oh, Hello!
    Hey, this works great mostly but I can't seem to get the left analog stick to work...

EDIT: I got it, forgot I changed the movement controls :tongue.gif:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In Soviet Russia, Creeper's home get blown up by you! :D

"...no, even then....Creeper still f***s everything up..."
    Has anybody had any luck with using the Left shift key (default control for sneak)?

Here's what I tried:

Key.FakeLeftShift = Joystick1.Button2 //B to sneak

As a work-around since it's not working, I remapped the sneak function to a regular letter key (x) in game options. That works fine, but I'd like to use the defaults if possible.

Overall, GlovePIE is a great solution and I would recommend it.
    Quote from Theoxylo »
    Has anybody had any luck with using the Left shift key (default control for sneak)?

Here's what I tried:

Key.FakeLeftShift = Joystick1.Button2 //B to sneak

As a work-around since it's not working, I remapped the sneak function to a regular letter key (x) in game options. That works fine, but I'd like to use the defaults if possible.

Overall, GlovePIE is a great solution and I would recommend it.

To get my Left Shift to work, I put this in:

Key.LShift = Joystick1.Button9 //Left Stick Pressed

What ever was in it initially from the config file that guy had, it didn't do anything with the default keysets that I noticed, so I switched it to that, and that's a lot more useful.
    This was intensely useful, thank you so much
    Quote from Kaediien

To get my Left Shift to work, I put this in:

Key.LShift = Joystick1.Button9 //Left Stick Pressed

What ever was in it initially from the config file that guy had, it didn't do anything with the default keysets that I noticed, so I switched it to that, and that's a lot more useful.

I should have known there was something fishy about that FakeLeftShift business! :smile.gif:
    Need to invert Y axis, Help please.

Nevermind, had a facepalm moment, just went to the ingame menu and changed it there.
    Last edited by WaywardPluto: 6/5/2011 6:22:00 PM
    I did everything u said, but my xbox controller doesn't work.

It's an usb xbox controller.
    used glovepie with your config file, windows 98 fake on
    start minecraft: nothing happens.

in devices and printers windows recognizes my controller as xbox 360 controller for windows :smile.gif:
    + i can calibrate the device

what to do,... what to do..
    Quote from Mordrasil

I did everything u said, but my xbox controller doesn't work.

It's an usb xbox controller.
    used glovepie with your config file, windows 98 fake on
    start minecraft: nothing happens.

in devices and printers windows recognizes my controller as xbox 360 controller for windows :smile.gif:
    + i can calibrate the device

what to do,... what to do..

Before even starting Minecraft, are you able to move the mouse with your controller?
    hey i've plugged in my controller and it installed it but i can't seem to get the controller to turn on, any help?

i'm using a plug'n'play just when i press the home button on controller it just flashes at me

should i plug it in a certain usb slot?
    Last edited by Confusingjulz: 6/30/2011 8:31:41 PM
    umm can some one post a reply with one for windows 7

and minecraft continuum at http://continuummc.enjin.com/
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes