How to change minecraft directory folder?

Is there possibly a way to change the launcher so that it gets the file from a different folder? Eg. AppSupport/GandalfCraft rather than the usual AppSupport/minecraft.
    Btw I'm a Mac user so for all you Windowsers out there it's applicationdata/.minecraft or something.
    Off Topic: what's with the dot (.minecraft) anyway?

Back on topic: I am modifying some things in minecraft including, splashes, textures, the narrative at the end of the game etc. and I also have my own modified launcher and I'm wondering if the two different launchers can get the files from different locations.

So want Minecraft (launcher A) to get everything from AppSupport/minecraft an I want GandalfCraft (launcher B) to get everything from AppSupport/GandalfCraft
    Last edited by Gandalf232: 11/10/2012 10:07:40 PM
    The easiest way of doing this is using Magic Launcher. You can select multiple configurations and choose different base folders.

Quote from Gandalf232

Off Topic: what's with the dot (.minecraft) anyway?

A dot before a directory name is the (somewhat depreciated) Unix way of hiding a folder.
    Hello! I'm a Minecrafter running the latest developer preview of OS X 10.10 Yosemite on a 15″ rMBP.
    If my post is helpful please click on the green in the bottom-right of my post :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes