Ars Magica 2 - Version 1.2.0.022 (Updated July 27)

Quote from Mithion

Random Question to Everyone Regarding 1.2:

I've been working hard on the power system rewrite and definite progress is being made. I've had a large focus on it due to the increasing amount of people having issues with the crystal wrench and linking power nodes together in general. It is a complete overhaul and should work much better.

Key Features so far that are working:
    -Machines can store multiple types of power to function
    -Machines can request power from multiple sources at the same time
    -The API allows for new power types to be created

My question is this: Would you all rather see a version with immediate power transfer only (in that "Nexi" as they used to be called) can transfer power, but only to nodes within 10 blocks of it, or would you rather wait for the extended functionality (conduits, basically)? Either version will be tested and as stable as I can make it, so I'm not sacrificing quality here, but there will be a rather significant time difference between the two.

I'll be posting a poll for the simple answer, but if you care to state your reasons why, feel free to leave your opinion in the comments.

To me this mostly hinges on, if I make a battery and link a nexus to that battery, can the devices request power from the battery directly? From what it sounds like, its not quite there yet, so my vote would probably be to wait a little longer for the extended functionality.
    Last edited by Malexion: 2/6/2014 1:40:14 PM
    Quote from Mithion

I got them from the Painterly Spell Packs, at opengameart.com. You can add more icons, just drop them in the mod's zip folder along with the other icons. AM2 will scan that folder and load all valid icons. However, do not do this on a server, as it will cause crashes from an indexoutofbounds exception (all clients need the same icon set). A mod pack version of AM2 that has the icons in it (and meets the mod pack requirements!) would be able to work properly on a server. However, if you go modifying the zip and it causes crashes, I assume no responsibility :)

As for the resolution, the restriction is the same as any MC icon. Either equal width/height images, or a valid mcmeta file as well (yes, animated spell icons can be added!)

Thanks for the excellent answer. It's what I wanted to hear. And if you haven't guessed I'm working on a hi-res resource pack for the mod.

I think I'll stick to the 405 icons so it won't crash servers. I probably would have ended up crashing a few if you didn't tell me that.

Quote from Mithion

Random Question to Everyone Regarding 1.2:

I've been working hard on the power system rewrite and definite progress is being made. I've had a large focus on it due to the increasing amount of people having issues with the crystal wrench and linking power nodes together in general. It is a complete overhaul and should work much better.

Key Features so far that are working:
    -Machines can store multiple types of power to function
    -Machines can request power from multiple sources at the same time
    -The API allows for new power types to be created

My question is this: Would you all rather see a version with immediate power transfer only (in that "Nexi" as they used to be called) can transfer power, but only to nodes within 10 blocks of it, or would you rather wait for the extended functionality (conduits, basically)? Either version will be tested and as stable as I can make it, so I'm not sacrificing quality here, but there will be a rather significant time difference between the two.

I'll be posting a poll for the simple answer, but if you care to state your reasons why, feel free to leave your opinion in the comments.

I've never had a problem linking Nexi to anything, but I do use conduits all the time. Great for getting the power from the light nexus on top of the tallest tower down to the ground and the dark nexus underground sitting under a spawner.
    Quote from psycoz123

Hi,
    Im encountered a bug related to the EntityThrownSickle.

Circomstences :
    I died in a fight with a nature guardian while I had his Sickle in my inventory.
    When I died, all my dropable gear dissapeared and so the guardian. (I was using contengency death with recall to recall my stuff but it recalled nothing).

When I was chasing the guardian to finish him or get some loot that had not been teleported (my hopes were low there) the server crashed.

Now everytime i relog it crash again.

Here is the crash report.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Everything's going to plan. No, really, that was supposed to happen.
    Time: 14-02-05 17:41
    Description: Ticking entity
    java.lang.ClassCastException: net.minecraft.entity.item.EntityPainting cannot be cast to net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase
    at am2.entities.EntityThrownSickle.getThrowingEntity(EntityThrownSickle.java:275)
    at am2.entities.EntityThrownSickle.func_70071_h_(EntityThrownSickle.java:108)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2350)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:719)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2311)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2157)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:550)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:668)
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:276)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- Head --
    Stacktrace:
    at am2.entities.EntityThrownSickle.getThrowingEntity(EntityThrownSickle.java:275)
    at am2.entities.EntityThrownSickle.func_70071_h_(EntityThrownSickle.java:108)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2350)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:719)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2311)
    -- Entity being ticked --
    Details:
    Entity Type: arsmagica2.ThrownSickle (am2.entities.EntityThrownSickle)
    Entity ID: 685207
    Entity Name: entity.arsmagica2.ThrownSickle.name
    Entity's Exact location: -2295,56, 65,53, 640,86
    Entity's Block location: World: (-2296,65,640), Chunk: (at 8,4,0 in -144,40; contains blocks -2304,0,640 to -2289,255,655), Region: (-5,1; contains chunks -160,32 to -129,63, blocks -2560,0,512 to -2049,255,1023)
    Entity's Momentum: 1,74, -0,72, -0,60
    Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2157)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:550)
    -- Affected level --
    Details:
    Level name: world
    All players: 3 total; ['zhlappe'/676983, l='world', x=105,43, y=67,00, z=-312,58], EntityPlayerMP['remicruel'/681536, l='world', x=-1002,01, y=64,00, z=62,38], EntityPlayerMP['Psycoz123'/685153, l='world', x=-2188,57, y=70,00, z=529,58]]
    Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 1414 Drop: 0
    Level seed: 1782585611637699874
    Level generator: ID 00 - default, ver 1. Features enabled: true
    Level generator options:
    Level spawn location: World: (52,64,252), Chunk: (at 4,4,12 in 3,15; contains blocks 48,0,240 to 63,255,255), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
    Level time: 51451999 game time, 1699336 day time
    Level dimension: 0
    Level storage version: 0x04ABD - Anvil
    Level weather: Rain time: 95650 (now: false), thunder time: 20923 (now: false)
    Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
    Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:668)
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:276)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
    -- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.6.4
    Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
    Java Version: 1.7.0_45, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpotâ„¢ 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 1323891576 bytes (1262 MB) / 2875719680 bytes (2742 MB) up to 3817865216 bytes (3641 MB)
    JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx4096M -Xms2048M
    AABB Pool Size: 7950 (445200 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 4986 (279216 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 3, tallocated: 63
    FML: MCP v8.11 FML v6.4.49.965 Minecraft Forge 9.11.1.965 17 mods loaded, 17 mods active
    mcp{8.09} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    FML{6.4.49.965} [Forge Mod Loader] (minecraftforge-universal-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-v164-pregradle.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Forge{9.11.1.965} [Minecraft Forge] (minecraftforge-universal-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-v164-pregradle.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    CodeChickenCore{0.9.0.7} [CodeChicken Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    NotEnoughItems{1.6.1.8} [Not Enough Items] (NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.8.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    TConstruct-Preloader{0.0.1} [Tinkers Corestruct] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    GrimoireGaia2{1.8.1} [§2Grimoire of Gaia 2] ([1.6.4]GrimoireofGaia2(1.8.1b).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    arsmagica2{1.1.1c} [Ars Magica 2] (AM2_1.1.1c.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    BetterDungeons{2.4} [Chocolate quest] (BetterDungeons205.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ChickenChunks{1.3.3.3} [ChickenChunks] (ChickenChunks 1.3.3.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Dynmap{1.9-75} [Dynmap] (Dynmap-1.9-forge-9.10.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    eplus{1.16.5b} [Enchanting Plus] (EnchantingPlus-1.16.5.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    inventorytweaks{1.56} [Inventory Tweaks] (InventoryTweaks-MC1.6.2-1.56-b77.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    NEIPlugins{1.1.0.6} [NEI Plugins] (NEIPlugins-1.1.0.6.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    TConstruct{1.6.X_1.5.1} [Tinkers' Construct] (TConstruct_1.6.4_1.5.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Thaumcraft{4.0.5b} [Thaumcraft] (Thaumcraft4.0.5b.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    witchery{0.11.3} [Witchery] (Witchery_0-11-3_164.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    TConstruct Environment: Sane and ready for action. Bugs may be reported.
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Vec3 Pool Size: 2250 (126000 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 1928 (107968 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Player Count: 3 / 20; ['zhlappe'/676983, l='world', x=105,43, y=67,00, z=-312,58], EntityPlayerMP['remicruel'/681536, l='world', x=-1002,01, y=64,00, z=62,38], EntityPlayerMP['Psycoz123'/685153, l='world', x=-2188,57, y=70,00, z=529,58]]
    Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'fml,forge'
    Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

Regarding my bug, is there a way to fix it?
    I cant log in anymore without crashing the server.
    Other players dont have that bug.
    downloaded it!!! yay!!!!
    Quote from sero321

sunstone isnt that rare its only almost suicide to mine it unless you find it in overworld that is if you are realy realy lucky i found 30 dimonds in overworld but not 1 freaking sunstone only way is on the mid of lava lake with ghasts on your as-s in nether while you stand on 1 block wide surfice and then i you come to it you can see only top all around is lava and if you live you will need about 30-60 min to get back to schorced land and then you will realize that you are 500 blocks away from portal :) happy hunting

*cough* tc4 wand of equal trade in the nether *cough*
    Do you upgrade to the latest version by deleting your old one and putting the new one in it's place? This gave me a few errors with forge when I loaded the game, something about conflicting information.
    Quote from Worgslarg

*cough* tc4 wand of equal trade in the nether *cough*
    how did i miss that omg ty man
    when update to 1.7.2
    Quote from Przemek3710

when update to 1.7.2

Just going to leave a little piece of advice here. It's usually impolite to ask when a mod will be updated across large scale versions.

That said, there has been no statement on a 1.7.2 update other than maybe, hell forge for 1.7.2 is still unstable....so most likely it will continue along with 1.6.4 for some time. So it all depends on how things go after it has reached a stage of near completion.

There are only around 100 mods updated for 1.7.2 with around 600 in 1.6.4, to sort of put things in perspective, many modders might just stick it out until 1.8
    I made a Keystone door on my private server and, from the name, I'd assume it can be locked with a Keystone. Problem is, I can't figure out how. I have two keystones, both with the combination I want, but it's not going through when I sneak+use it with my hand, use it with the Keystone, drop the Keystone on it... I'm highly confused. Are keystone doors lockable? If not, what's their advantage versus a regular door?
    Quote from Ered

I made a Keystone door on my private server and, from the name, I'd assume it can be locked with a Keystone. Problem is, I can't figure out how. I have two keystones, both with the combination I want, but it's not going through when I sneak+use it with my hand, use it with the Keystone, drop the Keystone on it... I'm highly confused. Are keystone doors lockable? If not, what's their advantage versus a regular door?

It doesn't seem so currently in 1.1.2b, I don't think the keystone UI's have changed yet. They should be changing to what looks like a 3 rune system soonish.
    This mod is insane. I wasn't a big fan at first, but the spell making mechanics are incredible.
    I didnt notice going through few pages back about this problem, so here goes:

In SMP server, Ive noticed that Hecates dont despawn easily and top the cap and slow down mob spawning badly. Using Forge servertools /entitycount command, Im now standing on my mob farm at height of 224 over water and this is the result:
    Skeleton -1
    Zombie - 1
    arsmagica2.MobHecate - 77
    If I use /killall [entity] command to kill Hecates, I get again lotsa mobs spawning on my farm until Hecates slowly get up and hits the cap. And crawling spawn speed of mobs for me again :( And what makes this worse, there is NO way to disable AM2 mobs spawning in configs so basicly everyone needs to spam that /killall command every few minutes :/

Any ideas Mithion, what is causing this? Using 1.1.2b version on DW20 modpack.

Edit:Just used OPIS to teleport to these Hecates and they are ALL frozen and DO NOT even attack! There definatly is something borked on them, hoping fix soon. Doing Disconnect/Connect dont seem to despawn Hecates either, its like they are animal entities or something...

Edit2: I used OpenBlocks to disable Hecates spawning for the moment and now the server is running normally again. Wishing I can enable them soon though....
    Last edited by ByteTemplar: 2/7/2014 7:01:39 PM
    Something from Ars Magica 2 is keeping chunks loaded on my server. If I do /chunkloaders, I see 1 chunk with 2 Ars Magica tickets, and 1 chunk with 6 Ars Magica tickets. They load and unload adjacent chunks randomly, and I can't figure out what's causing it. I've removed all Ars Magica 2 related items, but the problem still persists. The only thing that I know of that was done in that chunk was someone made a gateway to the cow level. Any idea what could be causing this?
    There should be an option in the config files to change the level cap over 99, to allow for stronger spells (unless that is what is meant by "secondaryskilltreecap", though I'm not understanding what that means by the note in the config.)

Proud Moderator of Underground Miner, a small server with ultra-friendly players!
    i really enjoy your mod, thanks for making the spells flexible/customizable. I'm sure it's been addressed somewhere in the last 149 pages but I can't seem to find it via search: which "better dungeons" mod should we install to get the Mage towers? "Chocolate/Rouge/Better" Not all are updated to 1.6.4. Does the Ars magica loot just show up in the additional chest spawned by these mods or is there a specific mod we should be using?
    Quote from Leo_Atradies

i really enjoy your mod, thanks for making the spells flexible/customizable. I'm sure it's been addressed somewhere in the last 149 pages but I can't seem to find it via search: which "better dungeons" mod should we install to get the Mage towers? "Chocolate/Rouge/Better" Not all are updated to 1.6.4. Does the Ars magica loot just show up in the additional chest spawned by these mods or is there a specific mod we should be using?

Ars Magica adds the mage towers on it's own. no other mods needed for that.

Proud Moderator of Underground Miner, a small server with ultra-friendly players!
    Quote from Molle

Ars Magica adds the mage towers on it's own. no other mods needed for that.

Ars Magica 1 does, but 2 does not, thus far, at least.
    I'm not seeing anything about boss summoning in my compendium. Does this show up at automatically at a certain mage level, or do I need to do something else to learn it? I am currently mage level 22.

On a possibly related note, my compendium seems slightly bugged. The "items" page is sparkling like I have a new entry to read, and there is a crescent moon on that page in front of no text. Nothing near the moon is clickable.
    Is there any way to power single device (arcane reconstructor for example) with multiple mana batteries? I build 4 light nexuses and connect each of them to individual mana battery, after that i tried to connect my 4 batteries to arcane reconstructor but i failed. Only 1 battery recharges reconstructor even after it depleted, other 3 dont transmit mana to device. Am i doing something wrong?
    Last edited by Darlok: 2/8/2014 2:52:38 AM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes