Ars Magica 2 - Version 1.2.0.021 (Updated July 19)

Quote from RiftstalkerSekun

I asked about the same thing trying to fill a phylactery with Earth Guardian essence, the answer is while those phials are available in NEI, they are not meant to actually be obtained in game, and Mith takes no responsibility for what happens if you make a summon spell with a boss mob in it.

lol well these things should be stated somewhere... I'm really starting to hate NEI

oh and thank you for the quick response.
    Last edited by Leo_Atradies: 3/15/2014 12:15:53 AM
    Am I not supposed to be able to place the Tinker's Construct books on Lecterns? It won't let me. I feel like any books with content should be placeable on Lecterns.
    Hoogily Boogily
    Quote from felinoel
    Not sure if you are familiar with the Millenaire mod but it adds villages of people to Minecraft (which was a pretty crazy thing before the Testificates came about lol) and I was wondering if you would mind if I would add villages of Ars Magica mages, I would likely make it villages of light mages and then throw in a small building or four house one to three dark mages that attack the player and maybe some tree-shaped homes for some dryads lol.

I plan to do this for a lot of mods but as a great fan of your mod I want to make it for this first.

The Millenaire mod is relatively historically accurate and throws humans from Earth from the 11th century into Minecraft and pretty much has them react to their new surroundings, because of this the villages I add are going to be entirely Saxons from an alternate timeline... just to keep the reality issue a nonissue lol
    Mith...

Quote from Zsashas

Am I not supposed to be able to place the Tinker's Construct books on Lecterns? It won't let me. I feel like any books with content should be placeable on Lecterns.
    Only books that are books will work.
    Last edited by felinoel: 3/15/2014 4:16:50 AM
    Quote from felinoel

Mith...

Be patient. Mith can't reasonably reply to every comment on this thread, and that's aside from what time he has being focused on his work, and updating to 1.2.
    Quote from felinoel

Mith...

They are books -_- so it makes no sense that they don't work.
    Last edited by Zsashas: 3/15/2014 6:38:07 AM
    Hoogily Boogily
    Hey can you add in like a divining rod item to track fallen moonstone and sunstone?
    Last edited by Benshermen: 3/15/2014 9:56:21 AM
    Quote from Zsashas

They are books -_- so it makes no sense that they don't work.

Technically I believe they don't inherit from a write-able book, so not really.

Things like the compendium and thauminomicon had to be manually added in.
    Last edited by Malexion: 3/15/2014 10:59:06 AM
    Quote from Mithion

For those who haven't seen it, I have posted a small reveal video of what is up and coming in AM2's 1.2 release:

https://www.youtube....h?v=yfyO3d1yOwk

Wow, Mithion, you surprise me again.

Those new functions of the nexi and the wizard chalk are amazing, i love it! :D

I bet a lot of people would be happy with the fact that you can now burn vinteum in a nexus. I also really like the new spell system, it looks great and allows for some fun things, like a projectile AOE dig and a normal touch dig, so you can switch between mining and just removing one or 2 blocks!

Also, would it be possible to suggest a texture for the boots? I think it would be really cool to have the boots be black and green, with those ender particles active when the gravity is upside down.

As always, awesome job Mith and i look forward to more of the changes!
    Hey all, i'm back with another question

Does anyone know what the illuminated buff does? I don't really get it, since it seems to do nothing to me.
    Hi again everyone:

I have a problem.. Im playing Ars Magica 2 in a server with a friend (and with a few more mods), and, since i got about lvl 15 as mage, sometimes, at night, this crash happens:

[SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception ReportedException
    net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Ticking entity
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:674)
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:276)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityLookHelper.func_75651_a(SourceFile:18)
    at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityAIAttackOnCollide.func_75246_d(EntityAIAttackOnCollide.java:116)
    at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityAITasks.func_75774_a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70619_bc(EntityLiving.java:613)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70636_d(EntityLivingBase.java:1993)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70636_d(EntityLiving.java:441)
    at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityMob.func_70636_d(SourceFile:24)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1826)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70071_h_(EntityLiving.java:257)
    at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityMob.func_70071_h_(SourceFile:29)
    at am2.entities.EntityDarkMage.func_70071_h_(EntityDarkMage.java:149)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2350)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:719)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2311)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2157)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:550)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:668)
    ... 4 more

Only way to "repair" it is starting the server without AM2 installed (loosing all that we have built).
    There is a way to fix it? I tried not allowing Dark mages to spawn with MSC2, but does not work properly on servers..

Anyone knows a way to fix it?
    Ty everyone!
    Quote from Azaroth16

Hey all, i'm back with another question

Does anyone know what the illuminated buff does? I don't really get it, since it seems to do nothing to me.
    I converts you in a walking light source. It is useful when you are mining underwater and you don't have glowstone or Jack-o-Lanterns. Also after seeing the up coming features, I only have something to say: If you are gonna update, is better to start saving all the energy that is stored in the nexus in mana batteries?
    Last edited by Macromundo14: 3/15/2014 2:50:55 PM
    Quote from Macromundo14

I converts you in a walking light source. It is useful when you are mining underwater and you don't have glowstone or Jack-o-Lanterns. Also after seeing the up coming features, I only have something to say: If you are gonna update, is better to start saving all the energy that is stored in the nexus in mana batteries?

Oh, thanks Macro, i didn't know that, it was a bit vague for me, but i bumped up my particles and that seemed to work on seeing the change

For your question, i believe it would be best, as i have no idea what would happen to the existing nexi.
    I have a really strange problem.
    I made a modpack for myself with a hell of a lot of mods in it.
    Then my friends wanted to play together with me and the amount of mods I used was to many for my poor computer to handle so I removed a bunch of mods and then put up a local server for me and my friends.

All works perfectly with my modpack that I removed mods from but I thought that since I only removed a bunch of mods and really used the same configs for the mods I had left in the modpack as in the big modpack I might just as well use the big modpack so that I could still play singleplayer with all the mods.

The problem is I can't connect to the server because I have an ID missmatch between the server and the game.
    The smaller modpack works but not the larger.

The strange part is that the ID that missmatch is ID 761 and after checking the id's in the configs and ingame I see that both modpacks have the same id 761 for thorns in AM. Since both modpacks have the same ID there shouldn't be an ID conflict, right? I mean, I first thought there prob was some ID's conflicting that I missed in the larger modpack and that the mod using it was smart enough to just give it one of the free ID's no matter what the configs said, but since both modpacks actually show the same ID's ingame I'm at a loss to why one modpack can connect and the other can't...

So, if you read thrue the book I just wrote above, any ideas or/and solution?
    HELP!

When using AM2 and Chocolate Quest (BetterDungeons) together, instead of Dungeon Mobs there are AM2 creatures in the dungeons which I think is because they have the same entity ID.

So is there any way of changing the entity IDs of the AM2 creatures? If not could you add one maybe? :)
    Last edited by Chaosflo44: 3/15/2014 4:22:01 PM
    I just finished retexturing Ars Magica 2 in the vonDoomCraft resource pack style!

Minecraft v1.6.4
    vonDoomCraft BETA v3.9 Get it: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/264712-

Resolution: 128x

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0a1s2zorupobl73/vonDoomCraft_ArsMagica2_1.1.2b.zip and https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kdhykl31fib5dx/vonDoomCraft_ArsMagica2_1.1.2b_SpellIcons.zip

This one's a bit different as it comes in 2 parts due to how some of the textures are done. The first download is everything and you would copy that over to your resource pack as normal. The second download is just the spell icons. To get the new spell icons you will have to extract the contents of that zip file into the 'assets' folder of the Ars Magica 2 mod itself. Ars Magica 2 will not look into resource packs for spell icons currently, it will only look into it's own mod zip file.

Minerals, Essences, Spellbook, Spell Parchment, Runes

Infinity Orbs, Chalk, Foci, Keystone, Bound Tools, Staves

Affinty Tomes, Essence Bag, Mana Cake, Mana Potions, Crystal Phalactary, Arcane Compendium, Magitech Staff, Crystal Wrench

Evil Looking Book, Wooden Leg, Hell Cow Horn, Bucket of Liquid Essence, Sigils, Magician's Workbench Upgrade

Illusion Block, Vinteum, Chimarite Blue Topaz, Moonstone, Sunstone

Caster, Summoner, Arcane Reconstructor, Essence Refiner

Seerer Stone, Astral Barrier, Califractor, Caster (again)

Neutral Nexus

Light Nexus, Moonstone caps

Dark Nexus, Chimarite caps

Gateway

Inscription Table, Occulus, Particle Emitter

Lecturn and Magician's Workbench

Essence Conduits

Slipstream Generators

Keystone Door

Spell Crafting Alter with Witchwood Planks and Sunstone caps

Mage Armor

Battlemage Armor

Boss Drops

Dryads

Mana Creepers

Mage Villager

Mana Elementals

Water Elementals

Light Mages

Dark Mages

Hell Cows

Earth Elementals

Fire Elementals

Darklings

Nature Guardian

Arcane Guardian

Earth Guardian

Water Guardian

Winter Guardian

Air Guardian

Fire Guardian

Please add to the OP.
    Quote from sketaful

I have a really strange problem.
    I made a modpack for myself with a hell of a lot of mods in it.
    Then my friends wanted to play together with me and the amount of mods I used was to many for my poor computer to handle so I removed a bunch of mods and then put up a local server for me and my friends.

All works perfectly with my modpack that I removed mods from but I thought that since I only removed a bunch of mods and really used the same configs for the mods I had left in the modpack as in the big modpack I might just as well use the big modpack so that I could still play singleplayer with all the mods.

The problem is I can't connect to the server because I have an ID missmatch between the server and the game.
    The smaller modpack works but not the larger.

The strange part is that the ID that missmatch is ID 761 and after checking the id's in the configs and ingame I see that both modpacks have the same id 761 for thorns in AM. Since both modpacks have the same ID there shouldn't be an ID conflict, right? I mean, I first thought there prob was some ID's conflicting that I missed in the larger modpack and that the mod using it was smart enough to just give it one of the free ID's no matter what the configs said, but since both modpacks actually show the same ID's ingame I'm at a loss to why one modpack can connect and the other can't...

So, if you read thrue the book I just wrote above, any ideas or/and solution?

Kinda sounds like an id conflict between something that gets added in the larger pack.
    Quote from druha

I just finished retexturing Ars Magica 2 in the vonDoomCraft resource pack style!

Minecraft v1.6.4
    vonDoomCraft BETA v3.9 Get it: http://www.minecraft...t/topic/264712-

Resolution: 128x

Download: https://www.dropbox....ica2_1.1.2b.zip and https://www.dropbox...._SpellIcons.zip

This one's a bit different as it comes in 2 parts due to how some of the textures are done. The first download is everything and you would copy that over to your resource pack as normal. The second download is just the spell icons. To get the new spell icons you will have to extract the contents of that zip file into the 'assets' folder of the Ars Magica 2 mod itself. Ars Magica 2 will not look into resource packs for spell icons currently, it will only look into it's own mod zip file.

Minerals, Essences, Spellbook, Spell Parchment, Runes

Infinity Orbs, Chalk, Foci, Keystone, Bound Tools, Staves

Affinty Tomes, Essence Bag, Mana Cake, Mana Potions, Crystal Phalactary, Arcane Compendium, Magitech Staff, Crystal Wrench

Evil Looking Book, Wooden Leg, Hell Cow Horn, Bucket of Liquid Essence, Sigils, Magician's Workbench Upgrade

Illusion Block, Vinteum, Chimarite Blue Topaz, Moonstone, Sunstone

Caster, Summoner, Arcane Reconstructor, Essence Refiner

Seerer Stone, Astral Barrier, Califractor, Caster (again)

Neutral Nexus

Light Nexus, Moonstone caps

Dark Nexus, Chimarite caps

Gateway

Inscription Table, Occulus, Particle Emitter

Lecturn and Magician's Workbench

Essence Conduits

Slipstream Generators

Keystone Door

Spell Crafting Alter with Witchwood Planks and Sunstone caps

Mage Armor

Battlemage Armor

Boss Drops

Dryads

Mana Creepers

Mage Villager

Mana Elementals

Water Elementals

Light Mages

Dark Mages

Hell Cows

Earth Elementals

Fire Elementals

Darklings

Nature Guardian

Arcane Guardian

Earth Guardian

Water Guardian

Winter Guardian

Air Guardian

Fire Guardian

Please add to the OP.

Wow, druha, i really like the blocks and the items, but those faces... These will give me nightmares if i use the pack :P
    I would say my favorite is the keystone door, awesome work on that one :D
    Hey Mith, I'm not quite understanding the new spell system. Does the spell get more powerful when you use more shapes in a shape group, or just by using more shape groups?
    Quote from druha

Wow. Excellent work! Added to the OP as requested.
    Mithion, pls, help me, the 10th post on the page, the spoiler with the crash of Dark Mage :(
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes