shadydeath created an IRC channel at irc.esper.net:#thaumcraft I check it regularly so pop in if you want to chat.
WARNINGThere is a very tiny chance that updates may break your save. Backup just in case.
KNOWN ISSUES AND FUTURE CHANGES
- My villagers are MIA till forge adds the required stuff
- Ditto for the old wand animations and some of the old wand effects like glowing runes, focus "flair", etc.
- The new thaumometer is boring. I have not yet tried to re-implement the old item model - I'm not sure it will be possible.
- Golems are getting a complete revamp and will not be in the current release. They are coming though - bigger and better than ever... well, maybe not bigger.
- fixed portable hole focus casting cost changing when used
- added an indication to thaumometer hud element to make it clearer what the current aura level is vs. the aura base level
- increased the chances that a silverwood tree will contain a pure node.
- sword of the zephyr can now only push living things around like intended
- completely draining the aura in a chunk will cause a lot less flux now (about 1/5th previous amount)
- taint can now only replace blocks with greater than 0 and less than 10 hardness
- added additional sources of auram by changing some existing aspect assignments
- added config option which allows you to increase the speed at which tainted dust dissipates, and another which lets tainted soil turn back into dirt instead of dust. This should help performance on lower spec systems
- vishrooms confusion effect now works again
- slightly increased hover harness base speed and fixed its hud element lighting bug
- void jars should not be venting ALL the extra essentia as flux, just a teensy weensy bit of it.
- bellows will once again speed up vanilla furnaces
- made the repair enchant a lot more forgiving on the aura
- by popular demand the advanced aura tapper research no longer allows wands to recharge from anywhere in your inventory. They must still be in your hotbar.
- made the arcane levitator cheaper to use
- fixed banner recipes - the required wool colors and resulting banner was reversed.
- autocasters now render properly when placed upside down
- improved arcane bore block finding algorithm
- arcane bore block detection will not be blocked by arcane block glimmers anymore
- arcane bore now interacts correctly with silk touch
- added wool -> string entropic processing recipe
- apprentice rings now gives a larger vis discount. This may change again at some future date if I can get something I've been working on, um, working.
- various other small bugfixes and balance changes
- rebalanced vis amulets to make them more useful with the new aura changes
- players will now drop their gear if killed by taint poison
- fixed boots of the traveler step height bonus not being removed along with the boots
- corrected second page of levitator research entry
- added more recipes to alchemical manufacture, duplication and entropic processing and reshuffled some of the existing ones a bit
- arcane ear no longer requires an airblock above it to work properly
- tweaked flux and taint a bit to make it a tad less self-sustaining
- tainted nodes generated a bit more taint than intended and have been rebalanced a bit
- taint can now also convert stone, though the tainted rock cannot itself spread taint. This means only the outside layer of rock will get converted. Tainted rock can be quite useful under the proper circumstances.
- nerfed pure nodes a bit since they are theoretically a renewable resource. They will now have a tiny chance to shrink (and eventually disappear) each time they remove flux from the aura.
- various arcane spa fixes (including once again being able to fill it with buckets)
- squashed the infinite essentia bug with smelters
- added a new addon block for smelters to help manage flux
- fixed essentia crystalizer placement
- enlarged essentia buffers tube hitboxes a bit making them easier to shift-click
- portable hole should now properly close
- fixed focus costing bug
- taint fibres will now properly render on the south side of blocks
- various other small bugfixes
- improved excavation focus aiming and made it cheaper to use
- research flags (gold star, green plus, etc) will now properly sync to servers)
- a completion percentage is now shown when you hover over a research category
- crashfix for pickaxe of the core scanning funtion.
- prevent chat spamming in spectator mode while in eldritch dimension
- TC metal blocks (brass, thaumium, etc) and alchemical construct blocks can now act as beacon bases.
- fixed various rendering issues
- fixed vis capacity descriptions for various wand cores in thaumonomicon
- fix for golem boss and eldritch cleric magical projectiles causing a crash when they hit something
- arcane workbench will once again drop items in the wand slot when broken
- fix thaumometer related crash that a few people experience while searching in creative mode
- sword of the zephyr once again allows you to float upwards
- Did some general housekeeping and moved related things into their own helper classes.
- made the scanning mechanic a lot more robust and less limiting. Addon devs can even create their own scanning mechanics/tools that hook into the system
- changed research api. Hidden and Concealed researches have been combined and can make use of the new scanning mechanic to "reveal" them.
- added the ability for recipes to require multiple researches to be completed.
- several changes to how foci effects are now triggered to make it a bit simpler and to accommodate the new focus turret block
- The wand still stores vis at a x100 the displayed amount, but there is no longer a need to take this into account for addon devs. All interfaces to the wand automatically do the conversion so you just need to use the "real" vis amounts.
- Added the IWand interface implemented by ItemWand to make it simpler to access the utility methods
- changed the wand api slightly to allow more control over when vis gets subtracted or not. onFocusActivation returns a boolean now. If true vis will be subtracted
- completing research or finding clues now gives experience
- Added a new config setting allowing more than one discovery to be created when you finish research. This should be a handy change for team play and such.
- Secondary researches must now be purchased with experience levels. This applies to "easy mode" research as well.
- Knowledge fragments now give experience when used. They cannot be used to craft special research notes anymore, but more uses will come for them in the future.
- overhauled thaumonomicon gui. Now takes up more space, is zoomable, has search functionality and has a scrollable category list for addons.
- newly learned researches will still be marked, but the mark will remain until you actually read the entry. The mark is now a simple gold star.
- if a newly learned research unlocks additional pages within another research entry you will see an indication on the research with the new information in the form of a green plus. Like above the mark will remain until the entry is viewed.
- both these marks also appear on the category buttons
- the research table is no longer a multiblock because *effort*.
- removed deconstruction table as it is no longer needed
- loads of minor fixes and improvements
- fixed potential infinite loop with aspect algorithm
- the research browser will only jump to a location when you learn now research if the research category matches the last viewed category in the browser
- ethereal bloom now only plays its grow animation when initially placed
- fixed edge-case crash caused by entities in outer lands (and potentially other places) being made champion mobs twice
- fixed infusion crafting defaulting to runic augmentation if the item you are infusing can be augmented
- resolved some portable hole syncing issues and made it a lot less lag inducing.
- new blocks, items and mobs
- Golemancy tab is hidden and needs to be discovered ingame
- rebalanced aspects and aspect combinations.
- added a mechanic similar to the Thaumcraft 2 and 3 aura system.
- aura nodes are now special entities and cannot be used to recharge wands
- aura nodes now recharge the aura
- aura nodes merge like they did in Thaumcraft 3
- winds recharge directly from the aura while held
- aspects in a crucible degrade directly into flux and goes into the aura instead of degrading into simpler aspects.
- runic shielding now uses the vanilla "damage absorption" mechanics (the yellow hearts you get when eating golden apples) to do its thing. Not quite as flashy, but it is more predictable and mod-friendly
- rebalancing wand focus costs to work with the new aura system
- dropped the whole concept of CV (centi-vis) and fractional vis costs. Most vis totals, capacities and costs have been increased by a factor of 10. For addon devs this means no longer multiplying by 100 internally.
- scattershot ice focus is less effective at short range making it much less of an OP boss killer.
- thaumometer now only requires a single click to scan something - it doesn't have to be held down anymore
- removed need to have xp to purchase certain things while in creative mode
- the sinister lodestone now points towards eldritch portals not sinister nodes and the research has been moved to the eldritch tab
- new texture for ancient stone
- added protection to certain mobs which should prevent them being spawned via mod-added spawners. It cannot protect against everything, but should catch most things
- made praetor armor equivalent to diamond
- added ore_density setting to config
- reshuffled some researches around
- taint crawlers are no longer taint spiders
- fiddled with outer lands and added some missing features
- rebalanced wand capacities and vis costs to reflect new aura system
- removing warded blocks and related items until I come up with a better implementation
- Arcane ear has had its model changed slightly and can now be placed in any orientation
- changed the alembic model and recipe
- changed the alchemical furnace recipe and renamed it to essentia smelter because, well, that makes more sense.
- remove advanced alchemical furnace. Instead the base alchemical furnace can be upgraded and expanded upon
- the basic alchemical furnace is now quite inefficient as up to 10% of essentia is lost and converted to aura flux instead
- infused ore has been replaced by vis crystals which act as a vis battery of sorts. Harvesting all the crystals you come across is not the best idea as it may help replenish the aura.
- infernal furnace is now an inventory and items can be piped or hoppered in from the top of the lava bit.
- removed the item grate. Its main use can now be duplicated by a vanilla hopper so there is no real need for it.
- you can now also add items to the crucible one at a time by simple right clicking with the item on the crucible itself.
- liquid death is now a 'classic' liquid instead of a 'finite' liquid like flux goo.
- killing mobs no longer drop aspect orbs
- removed mana beans... for now. They may, or may not, return in some form
- arcane lamps now only create glimmers of light if there is line of sight to the target location
- reduced the size of eldritch mazes a bit to make them a bit less of a chore to navigate through
- added ability to double the size of amount text in aspect tags via config
- essentia filter tubes can now be set with any essentia container item like phails, not just labels. The item used is not consumed.
- levitator now no longer requires stacking (simply toggle the switch on the bottom to change its range). It can also be placed in any orientation, but requires a small amount of vis to operate.
- removed the research that allows you to use primordial pearls on nodes since it didn't work and doest really apply anymore anyway. It will be replaced by something better eventually
Q: What is this Baubles thing that is being downloaded? A: It is a required sub-mod that adds extra inventory slots to the player.
Q: How do I access the Baubles inventory? A: The default hotkey for baubles is 'b'. If your not running any inventory altering mods or spend a lot of time in creative it might be a good idea to swop your normal and bauble inventory bindings so you always open the baubles inventory by default.
(1) Install Forge (Modloader is NOT required - my mod uses the Forge modloader)
(2) Download this mod and place the jar into your Mods Directory.
(3) Config File Settings For the most parts it should be self explanatory with one exception: Adding TC 5 worldgen to existing worlds. See below for that.
Adding thaumcraft world gen to existing worlds
Yes, you heard that right. You can add all the ores, trees and other worldgen features to existing worlds by changing a few things in your config files. Remember: this could be risky so always backup your saves beforehand.
If this is the first time loading Thaumcraft with that save, you can leave the regen_key setting as 'DEFAULT' otherwise set it to anything else.
You need to choose what to regenerate. I strongly recommend you set aura_nodes to 'true' if this is the first time you are doing this. Without the aura you won't be able to do 99.9% of the things you could in Thaumcraft.
Run the game. It will lag for a while and you should see some console spam about chunks being regenerated. This is fine - just wait it out. It shouldn't take too long. If the world had been explored a lot you might see the message reappear every now and again. This is also normal.
If, for some reason, you wish to do this again or somehow your savefile got corrupted and your aura nodes have gone missing, all you need to do is set the regen_key value to something else. Any word would do.
IMPORTANT: If you chose to generate TC ores and such in an existing world It is best to keep the config as-is. Do not switch everything off again after running the game or server once. As you explore chunks that have been explored in the past, but you haven't visited yet the new TC will regen in them as well. If you turn it off before you get a chance to revisit them nothing will be genererated and you will have to do the regeneration from scratch to add it to those chunks which could cause doubling of ores and nodes.
These are mods that use the API or other means to intergrate with or add content to Thaumcraft. More importantly they do so without breaking the balance of my mod (such as it is).
A friendly request to addon makers: I love all the addons that have been made recently, but I have a few requests. - Don't go too crazy when adding new aspects. If you do, drop me a PM. If it is something obvious or useful beyond your addon I might add it to vanilla TC. - Try not to add more than one research tab - Please try and keep your own researches on your own tab - Please don't move my researches around. You can make copies if you wish to show dependendies on your tab, but the research should remain in its original location. - Please don't alter any of my recipes. If you feel it is needed for the balance of your addon please drop me a PM. Partly to discuss if the change is required, but mostly since it might actually be a change that should be in vanilla TC.
Lastly, I've noticed some addons adding items from TC 3 or earlier. I don't have a problem with that, so go wild. However several of those items I have been planning to re-add myself. A lot of TC 2 stuff never made it into TC 3 simply due to time constraints. So don't come crying to me if and when I do that. Note - I obviously won't just copy-paste someones elses code for those items or blocks - I will implement my own versions.
If you want access to beta version of my mod to make version update go a bit smoother, send me a PM with your dropbox user info and a link to your mod (so I can check if you are actually an addon dev )
The code of “Thaumcraft for Minecraft” in source or binary form is the intellectual property of Azanor. See below for copyright, terms and conditions.
As a habit I ignore every PM in regards to mod-packs - both private and public. Everything you need to know about them is listed here.
You want Thaumcraft in your mod pack? All you need to meet are five simple conditions: 1. Your mod pack needs a link back to this forum post. 2. You cannot make any money off of the mod pack. 3. You cannot claim that you made any part of the mod, and you must give credit to the author of the mod (Azanor). 4. If I ever ask you to remove my mod from your pack, for whatever reason, you do so. 5. Handle any queries and bug reports internally first. This is one of the main reasons I had such a strict anti-modpack policy for such a long time - people using modpacks would come here posting errors that have nothing to do with my mod or that have been fixed ages ago, but still occurs in the modpack because it is using an older version.
If these five conditions are met, then you have my permission to use it in a mod pack.
Special thanks to...
My Beta Testers, you know who you are
All the folks on the Forgecraft server for your help and support.
Dan Scott ( for all the help he gave me with some of the sprites.
mr.Hazard(d95) for his awesome models Lorc, creator of the icons I use for enchanting and other things bonemouse, creator of the Isabella Texture Pack for letting me use his chest textures and skin as well as ScottKillen for making the Thaumium armor graphics based on the Isabella pack. chicken_bones for letting me base my lightning effect and deploader code from WRCBECovertJaguar for his custom biome spawning code. Rorax for allowing me to use some of her models. J. W. Bjerk (eleazzaar)for the use of his icons for certain research categories. Find this and other open art at: http://opengameart.orgBitterBusiness for the use of his Pech model.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS 0. USED TERMS MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities. MOJANG - Mojang AB OWNER - , Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code. USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
1. LIABILITY THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
2. USE Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
3. REDISTRIBUTION This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.
Yes!!!!!!! The wait is over. To all thaumaturges, thaumomancers, or any magician; lets us desend upon the great work of Azanor's and enjoy it. Thank you Azanor, this is one of my favorite mods, I feel that it has been worth the wait. Goodbye all and hello thaumcraft 4.
Private Mod Note
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
I left the enderman to observe and emulate the steves, I want to know more about them. Wish me luck.