Thaumcraft API for220.127.116.11
Thaumcraft DEV Build for 18.104.22.168
If you want a slightly more cutting edge version of the api, go to my GitHub
Language Localization and bug reports
I have set up a Git repository so people can easily add localizations and create issues for bug reports - HERE
Thanks to the following folks for their help with translations
Vexatos, jualme, crafteverywhere, Mexahoid, FrancescoDeSa, TheVikingWarrior, Hgmoa, VeryBigBro, avttrue, ferzrrn, RustyXXL, bgh251f2, Egor305, Zaltora, PlatonCraft, XuIIIHuK, Sternes, DancingPeral, GLaDTheresCake, BrunoLG, dmf444, aucunn, tyrope, m9731526
shadydeath created an IRC channel at irc.esper.net:#thaumcraft
I check it regularly so pop in if you want to chat.
There is a very tiny chance that updates may break your save. Backup just in case.
- API: minor bugfixes and enhancements
- minor bugfixes
- arcane levitator checks against shift instead of if the entity is sneaking
- fixed wisp hitbox
- bone bow recipe now actually checks if it is craftable against its own research instead of arcane stone
- possible fix for amber rendering crash
- nerfed some of the loot that can appear in uncommon loot bags
- increased the difficulty of champion mobs
- the arcane spa can no longer place water in the nether
- traveling trunks should no longer despawn if commanded to stay put in unloaded chunks
- added chunk check to prevent possible recursion crash with vis relay network
- the cultist portal will now always drop its reward no matter how it is destroyed
- added a check to prevent infinite loop with spined champion mobs attacking other entities with thorns
- dowsing on the excavation focus will now add the native clusters ability to the arcane bore
- various bugfixes
- fix for crash caused by mods that add copper or silver ore.
- re-added old, dead code since apparently Thaumic Tinkerer was using it. Directly accessing non-api code is bad m'kay.
- API: ItemFocusBasic is no longer abstract - it seemed to cause issues for some people when using the creative search function with certain combinations of mods.
- small bugfixes
- golems can now draw any amount of essentia from buffers, not just multiples of their carrying capacity.
- removed lies from cake
- glimmers of light produced by arcane lamps are no longer tile entities and do not produce particle FX anymore.
- fixed some rendering issues with the advanced alchemical furnace
- warp events will now steadily reduce in frequency and eventually stop if you refrain from gaining warp or doing any warp related activities. The moment you gain warp again this resets.
- various small bugfixes
- added greatwood and silverwood slabs to the ore dictionary
- fixed advanced alchemy furnace render bug
- added a small chance for certain mobs to spawn as "champions" with slightly more advanced abilities compared to their normal counterparts.
- champions have a much higher chance of spawning in dangerous biomes or locations
- this can be partly disabled in the config and there is a IMC message that can be used to add other mobs to the whitelist
- removed the old wand enchants from infusion enchantment recipe list
- the creative obelisk creator now makes an altar stone at the base. Just a word of warning - even when completed you may not get a maze on the other side if it is near an existing obelisk.
- removed coin related trades from vanilla villagers and added a new "moneychanger" villager to change your coins into useful objects
- fixed vis cost for the silk touch focus upgrade so it doesn't ask for the impossible
- added a new level 3 upgrade for the excavation focus
- fire focus embers won't be able to pass through solid objects anymore
- removed hard-coding of various tool harvest levels
- added a recipe to craft your own eldritch eyes once the proper research has been unlocked
- fixed flux scrubber tube connections
- fixed symbols on banners not following the banner movements or placement
- fixed greatwood and silverwood stairs bounding boxes
- fixed essentia loss that occurs when using alchemy golems to fill thaumatoriums
- unupgraded warding focus will now only ward 1 block like it is supposed to
- frost focus projectiles will now lose a lot of momentum once they hit an entity
- sun scorned "positive" effect now just does a straight heal instead of trying to add the regeneration buff
- arcane crafting will no longer consume double the required vis
- focus manipulator now plays a sound when it completes
- fire resistant golems are now truly fire resistant
- I now register my biome tags a lot earlier which should hopefully reduce the chance of odd creatures from other mods spawning where they shouldn't
- BAUBLES: updated to 22.214.171.124
- Custom thaumcraft shaders can now be turned off in the config for those that experience FPS drops when they are active.
- Some runic shielding parameters can now be modified in the config.
- Eldritch guardians are now weaker in some realities
- Fixed an exploit which allowed essentia crystalizers to be used as essentia converters for infusion crafting
- You won't be able to pipe staves (or other non-wand items) into workbenches anymore
- When holding a warding focus all warded blocks will be visible, but those not belonging to you will have a reddish color
- Crafting sceptres now have in innate 10% vis discount instead of 5%
- Crafting a thaumonomicon with a focus attached will fail. Apparently people want the ability to mass-replace bookshelves with an equal trade focus or something.
- Crash prevention in nodes and buffers
- Reverting to previous way of rendering infused ores, but added a new fix for AF.
- Void robe and fortress armor should no longer absorb damage from normally unblockable sources like starvation
- Made some significant changes to object aspects
- Increased the cap per aspect when scanning to 64 (from 10). This cannot be changed in the config file anymore. The big soft-cap to research still remains.
- Changed the way I generate the unique identifier I use to save what you have scanned. Turns out it wasn't than unique for some blocks (like mushrooms). Since the identifier has changed most blocks and items will be scannable again - enjoy the free RP.
- Fixed a terrible and far-reaching bug that meant most crafting-grid recipes were only using their top 3 slots to calculate the aspect value in items. DERP. Who knows how long this bug has been around.
- No item can have more than 6 aspects linked to it. The aspects chosen are based on their amount and how complex they are (complexity increases chances of being chosen)
- Reworked how aspect values are calculated from ingredients. Raw essentia or vis used to craft with alchemy, arcane and infusion crafting will make up a much smaller part of the whole.
- Even with all the above changes the net result should still be a lot more aspects per item than before.
- Cignitio is now ignis + spiritus and telum is now ignis + instrumentum. This was done to reduce to alleviate the general lack of ignis in compound aspects
- Now sinister and pure nodes won't alter biomes or spawn creatures in the nether, end or blacklisted dimensions and biomes
- Now golems won't take something from an inventory unless they think there is somewhere for that item to go
- Any items that a golem doesn't immediately find a use or destination for is placed on an ignore list for 10 seconds (configurable in config). This is mostly to prevent possible lag with large golem sorting systems.
- Fill golems will now properly iterate through all specified items
- Alchemy golems can now interact with all sides of a reservoir and can take essentia from it
- Alchemy golems will now fill empty void jars as their lowest possible priority
- Liquid golems now have a handy new ability with the proper upgrade installed.
- Fixed crash caused by hungry node FX referencing the wrong block type
- Fix for possible stack overflow error in vis relays
- Forbidden knowledge research icons will pulse if they can be learned like those of other researches
- Fixed (I hope) the travelling trunk dupe bug
- The colors on a vis relay can now be cycled through by clicking with a wand - shards still work but are not required.
- Triple meat treats no longer require a bowl to craft.
- Warded glass is now immune to explosions and wither destruction
- Hungry nodes will no longer gain aspects even when not able to destroy a block
- Altered the way hungry nodes break blocks
- Hungry nodes now have more particles which should make them more visible. Will also draw particles from blocks that it didn't do previously (like water)
- Essentia mirrors no longer have a chance to lose essentia in transit.
- Changed the way wand foci are upgraded. The old potency, frugal and treasure enchants are no more.
- improved NBT data checking for infusion matrix during the crafting process
- native ore clusters for modded ores (copper, tin, etc) should once again drop.
- the effective area of the lamp of growth should now be properly centered on the lamp.
- fixed essentia valve rotation with a wand - any direction without a possible connection is now valid
- added a way to create obelisks in creative mode
- slightly increased the spawning rate of eldritch stone rings in the overworld
- added loot and stuff to spend the loot on
- shovel of the earthmover now has more interesting placement mechanics - read the thaumonomicon entry
- fixed some hover harness exploits
- The hover harness will no longer reduce your block breaking speed while you are flying with it like some other forms of flight
- excavation focus will now drop xp when you mine a block that normally drops xp
- infusion crafting will now properly handle damage wildcards.
- slightly altered the way "tuned" relays connect
- vis relays now require line of sight to each other to connect - the beam cannot pass through solid blocks.
- this was always supposed to be how they worked, but I disabled it for various reasons.
- dupe fix for mods that spawn custom dropped items that pass through mirrors.
- rebalanced some focus upgrades
- fixed exploit where it was possible to apply foci to sceptres
- updated to Forge 10.13.1.1224
- the new forge should resolve the biome weights issue where they had to be multiples of 10
- removed the hitch or lag that occurs when you read a recipe in the thaumonomicon for the first time
- primal wand focus is no longer affected by the mob griefing rule in regards to its explosions
- fixed rendering bug with certain resourcepack particles losing their transparency
- infernal furnace is once again looking in the right place when it counts bellows
- thaumatorium will once again be able to draw essentia from all adjacent blocks
- many thaumcraft "machine" or storage blocks now interact with comparators
- fixed a suction related bug with buffers and added a way to choke the suction on a side to 0 as well as 1
- corrected crimson rites tooltip
- thaumcraft plants, leaves and logs had their asbestos removed to address health and safety concerns
- fix crash that occurs when a travelling trunk with an entropy upgrade picks up an item.
- when using fragments to try and find hidden research you must now right-click the resulting "unknown research" note to turn it into the research. If none was found it will automatically turn back into fragments. As in the old days you are not guaranteed to get all 9 your fragments back
- silk touch on shovel of the earthmover now works as it should
- axe of the stream now works as it did in previous versions. Any blocks it breaks automatically move towards player, but right click draws in items instead of harvesting faster.
- the pickaxe of the core now only shows ores, lava and water
- anisotropic filtering was causing a strange rendering issue with infused ores so I changed the rendering method slightly.
- void jars can now be used to empty alembics just like normal jars
- further improvements to the essentia reservoir making it easier for blocks like the essentia buffer to get stuff out if it
- the essentia buffer can now have connections toggled on and off just like tubes.
- the essentia buffer connections can also be shift-clicked to choke the suction down to 1 on that side no matter how many bellows are attached.
- altered the essentia buffer recipe to reflect its new super powers - don't worry, it basically only costs a stone block and a lever more than before.
- the arcane bellows can now be placed in all possible orientations and is a lot less picky about where it is placed. Even though an infernal furnace can now technically have 4 or more connected bellows, its speed still caps out at only 3.
- mana pods should now properly keep track of what beans they are supposed to drop if a non-player entity breaks them
- increased the chance of fully grown pods dropping two beans from 50% to 66%
- fixed axe of the stream desync issue
- node-in-a-jar should once again render its jar when in item form
- toned down the visuals of the essentia reservoir to make it less laggy and easier to see how close to full it is. Still has a fugly model though.
- fixed a derp which could cause custom crops from other mods not to be harvested at the correct growth stage if they extend vanilla BlockCrops
- herba mana pods should now be a lot less common in worldgen
- the arcane bore will now only repair broken pickaxes with the repair enchant instead of just constantly draining vis.
- the invisible fence block for paving stones of warding no longer emit light and can now be clicked through when placing blocks.
- climbing mobs like spiders will have a much harder time getting over paving stones of warding
- improved jar rendering by getting rid of the odd transparency issues. Unfortunately they lost the ability to wobble. ;.;
- tubes and machines will now be able to draw from the essentia reservoir
- harvest golems can harvest stacked (reeds, cactus) and clickable (pams, etc) crops again. Seems I left in some debug code disabling it.
- fixed crash that occurs when you step near a relay while wearing a fully charged vis amulet
- the essentia centrifuge and crystallizer now both respond to redstone signals by turning off and while processing vis their suction drops by half (to 64)
- some spelling and grammer fixes
- fix for possible research and aspect knowledge syncing issue
- API: changes to recipe handlers to better work with nbt data in items
- API: added IWarpingGear interface to have gear that add warp while worn or held
- as a temporary fix for the Forge biome spawning issue I will change all biome weights to multiples of 10 behind the scenes
- change save filenames back to using username instead of UUID to prevent issues in offline mode.
- saves will break if you change your username, but it is the lesser of two evils imo and easy enough to fix by hand
- warp is now split into permanent warp, warp and temporary warp
- permanent and temporary warp works like they did previously, but plain old warp can be removed via special means
- the first time you log on half of all your permanent warp should be converted into "plain" warp
- forbidden research now gives a mixture of warp and permanent warp, instead if just permanent warp
- put a soft cap on most warp effects to prevent craziness when people have silly amounts of warp
- rebalanced warp effects in general.
- most effects now only scale their duration -or- strength from your warp total, not both
- death gaze has a shorter, capped range and a narrower cone of effect
- sun scorned now requires higher light levels to be dangerous, though any light still triggers the effect. It is also not all bad now.
- crash fix when scanning certain things
- fix for optifine crashing with greatwood and silverwood logs.
- fix for arcane ears not taking note octaves into account
- sun scorned now only hurts you in sunlight, but is a bit more dangerous than it used to be
- the eldritch guardian can no longer use its screech ability through walls.
- added support for the new biome type tags. It was causing minor strangeness with the generated aspects within aura nodes.
- fixed directional essentia tubes to work correctly - previously they would not work unless used in a straight section.
- added a new way to store essentia for the slightly deranged
- fluid golems now carry multiples of the default bucket volume, instead of fractions thereof which was causing all kinds of derpiness.
- harvest golems now properly check the blocks above and below their current level and the crop api should once again pick up the correct blocks (including mana bean pods)
- inventory golems, hungry chests and travelling trunks will now try and fill existing stacks first before filling empty ones
- fill golems will now properly handle stack sizes greater than 64
- golems should now interact better with double chests
- thaumcraft plants should now work on most modded soil or sand blocks
- the arcane workbench charging relay now charges in small chunks each tick, instead of bigger chunks every 5 ticks. This should increase wand recharge rates a lot, though at the cost of a bit of server TPS.
- vis amulets now recharges up to 5 times faster.
- added a recipe to convert quicksilver into 9x quicksilver drops
- made tubes quite a bit cheaper on gold and quicksilver
- eldritch guardians no longer naturally spawn in normal "magic" biomes - that was a bug. They can still spawn in other places though...
- most of the current thaumcraft baubles should now be able to become runic items.
- the arcane bore can once again repair pickaxes enchanted with the repair enchantment. It will require vis from a vis energy network to do so however
- any pickaxe in the bore slot will also have its normal updates performed allowing for void pickaxes and certain other mod pickaxes to perform their "per tick repair" functions
- when attuning a vis relay to a new color it should properly link to neighbours and not occasionally cause a stack overflow crash
- fixed a general bug where TE's weren't saving their data in a timely manner - the most common symptom of this was pedestals duping or losing items.
- new mobs and structures: WARNING, these are still a work in progress and for now I have disabled most features linked to them.
Q: What is this Baubles thing that is being downloaded?
A: It is a required sub-mod that adds extra inventory slots to the player.
Q: How do I access the Baubles inventory?
A: The default hotkey for baubles is 'b'. If your not running any inventory altering mods or spend a lot of time in creative it might be a good idea to swop your normal and bauble inventory bindings so you always open the baubles inventory by default.
Q: My game crashes with the following error: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: thaumcraft/api/ObjectTags
A: You are using a mod with an outdated version of my API (probably still for TC 3.x. If you look further down the crashlog you should see what mod is causing the problem. Either remove that mod or go pester it's authors
Q: My game crashes with the following error(or something similar): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 2401 is already occupied by
A: You have a block ID conflict -more than likely you still have the TC3 config file in your config folder. Go delete it before adding TC4.
(1) Install Forge (Modloader is NOT required - my mod uses the Forge modloader)
(2) Download this mod and place the jar into your Mods Directory.
Config File Settings
For the most parts it should be self explanatory with one exception: Adding TC4 worldgen to existing worlds. See below for that.
Adding Thaumcaft world generation to existing worlds
Yes, you heard that right. You can add all the ores, trees and other worldgen features to existing worlds by changing a few things in your config files. Remember: this could be risky so always backup your saves beforehand.
If this is the first time loading Thaumcraft with that save, you can leave the regen_key setting as 'DEFAULT' otherwise set it to anything else.
You need to choose what to regenerate. I strongly recommend you set aura_nodes to 'true' if this is the first time you are doing this. Without the aura you won't be able to do 99.9% of the things you could in Thaumcraft.
Run the game. It will lag for a while and you should see some console spam about chunks being regenerated. This is fine - just wait it out. It shouldn't take too long. If the world had been explored a lot you might see the message reappear every now and again. This is also normal.
If, for some reason, you wish to do this again or somehow your savefile got corrupted and your aura nodes have gone missing, all you need to do is set the regen_key value to something else. Any word would do.
IMPORTANT: If you chose to generate TC ores and such in an existing world It is best to keep the config as-is. Do not switch everything off again after running the game or server once. As you explore chunks that have been explored in the past, but you haven't visited yet the new TC will regen in them as well. If you turn it off before you get a chance to revisit them nothing will be genererated and you will have to do the regeneration from scratch to add it to those chunks which could cause doubling of ores and nodes.
Compatible / Add-on Mods
These are mods that use the API or other means to intergrate with or add content to Thaumcraft. More importantly they do so without breaking the balance of my mod (such as it is).
A friendly request to addon makers:
I love all the addons that have been made recently, but I have a few requests.
- Don't go too crazy when adding new aspects. If you do, drop me a PM. If it is something obvious or useful beyond your addon I might add it to vanilla TC.
- Try not to add more than one research tab
- Please try and keep your own researches on your own tab
- Please don't move my researches around. You can make copies if you wish to show dependendies on your tab, but the research should remain in its original location.
- Please don't alter any of my recipes. If you feel it is needed for the balance of your addon please drop me a PM. Partly to discuss if the change is required, but mostly since it might actually be a change that should be in vanilla TC.
Lastly, I've noticed some addons adding items from TC 3 or earlier. I don't have a problem with that, so go wild. However several of those items I have been planning to re-add myself. A lot of TC 2 stuff never made it into TC 3 simply due to time constraints. So don't come crying to me if and when I do that.
Note - I obviously won't just copy-paste someones elses code for those items or blocks - I will implement my own versions.
If you want access to beta version of my mod to make version update go a bit smoother, send me a PM with your dropbox user info and a link to your mod (so I can check if you are actually an addon dev )
The code of “Thaumcraft for Minecraft” in source or binary form is the intellectual property of Azanor. See below for copyright, terms and conditions.
As a habit I ignore every PM in regards to mod-packs - both private and public. Everything you need to know about them is listed here.
You want Thaumcraft in your mod pack? All you need to meet are five simple conditions:
1. Your mod pack needs a link back to this forum post.
2. You cannot make any money off of the mod pack.
3. You cannot claim that you made any part of the mod, and you must give credit to the author of the mod (Azanor).
4. If I ever ask you to remove my mod from your pack, for whatever reason, you do so.
5. Handle any queries and bug reports internally first. This is one of the main reasons I had such a strict anti-modpack policy for such a long time - people using modpacks would come here posting errors that have nothing to do with my mod or that have been fixed ages ago, but still occurs in the modpack because it is using an older version.
If these five conditions are met, then you have my permission to use it in a mod pack.
Special thanks to...
My Beta Testers, you know who you are
All the folks on the Forgecraft server for your help and support.
Dan Scott ( for all the help he gave me with some of the sprites.
mr.Hazard(d95) for his awesome models Lorc, creator of the icons I use for enchanting and other things bonemouse, creator of the Isabella Texture Pack for letting me use his chest textures and skin as well as ScottKillen for making the Thaumium armor graphics based on the Isabella pack. chicken_bones for letting me base my lightning effect and deploader code from WRCBE CovertJaguar for his custom biome spawning code. Rorax for allowing me to use some of her models. J. W. Bjerk (eleazzaar)for the use of his icons for certain research categories. Find this and other open art at: http://opengameart.org BitterBusiness for the use of his Pech model.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - , Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.
Yes!!!!!!! The wait is over. To all thaumaturges, thaumomancers, or any magician; lets us desend upon the great work of Azanor's and enjoy it. Thank you Azanor, this is one of my favorite mods, I feel that it has been worth the wait. Goodbye all and hello thaumcraft 4.
Private Mod Note
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
I left the enderman to observe and emulate the steves, I want to know more about them. Wish me luck.