[1.7.2][1.6.4] [Forge] Advanced Genetics Mod

Sounds exciting and interesting i love playing with genetics.Can't wait to try it! :SSSS: :Pig: :Sheep: :Skeleton: :Spider: :Zombie: :D :D :)
    Quote from kaasinees

nothing works on the wiki i click anywhere and nothing happens.

What browser do you use? The website including the wiki works fine with the latest Firefox, opera, safari, chrome and internet explorer, iron, maxthon and a few others.
    I am probably being really stupid because I have never downloaded a mod before on minecraft, but on the website, what is the 'download' and 'download api'? And does it work with 1.7.2 or just 1.6.4? Sorry :/

This mod is actually so cool and I hope I can figure out how to download it..
    Quote from mineturkeycat

I am probably being really stupid because I have never downloaded a mod before on minecraft, but on the website, what is the 'download' and 'download api'? And does it work with 1.7.2 or just 1.6.4? Sorry :/

This mod is actually so cool and I hope I can figure out how to download it..

The API download is for people wanting to add their own stuff that goes into the mod. you just want the normal download. then you want to install minecraft forge the way that the numerous videos teach you and then put the downloaded advanced genetics download into the mods folder. And there is a 1.7.2 but it's a beta and so it's being tested and things're all broken and stuff. So just throw it in 1.6.4 game... or maybe play ftb horizons since that's got genetics in it (albeit probably a slightly older version if they haven't been keeping on top of their updates).
    Last edited by darkmega: 2/17/2014 9:55:43 AM

http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkmegaGaming

A modpack created and in testing by Darkmega...
    Care to help? Click the Picture!
    Quote from darkmega

The API download is for people wanting to add their own stuff that goes into the mod. you just want the normal download. then you want to install minecraft forge the way that the numerous videos teach you and then put the downloaded advanced genetics download into the mods folder. And there is a 1.7.2 but it's a beta and so it's being tested and things're all broken and stuff. So just throw it in 1.6.4 game... or maybe play ftb horizons since that's got genetics in it (albeit probably a slightly older version if they haven't been keeping on top of their updates).

Thank you so much :) that was really useful
    I have it in my mods folder but when I run forge it doesn't say I have it installed.
    Quote from mineturkeycat

I have it in my mods folder but when I run forge it doesn't say I have it installed.

Oh actually my forge is version 1.7.2 so just ignore me :/
    Oh actually I installed the 1.6.4 version and it says still don't have this mod installed. I used winzip for the mod - was this the wrong one to use?
    Quote from mineturkeycat

Oh actually I installed the 1.6.4 version and it says still don't have this mod installed. I used winzip for the mod - was this the wrong one to use?

Look for some tutorials on YouTube. They'll explain everything.
    Quote from mineturkeycat

You dont unzip mods. You place the zip in the mod folder as a zip file. Have you installed forge? What launcher are you using?
    I managed to install it using the installer - its so much easier! This mod is so cool and I can currently eat grass - yep the coolest power to have (!)
    Quote from mineturkeycat

I managed to install it using the installer - its so much easier! This mod is so cool and I can currently eat grass - yep the coolest power to have (!)

just you wait till you get teleport, no fall damage, speed, climb blocks, unlimited arrows, unlimited breathe and high jump then combine that with maybe a glider from openblocks. it's basically a slightly less high speed version of running around as if you were playing prototype. XD .... .... .... *pheonix wright slash sound* "!" Prototype... ... ... hmm.... eh, I'll let obsi get through his to-do list first before I throw something like that at him... :3

Quote from darkmega

just you wait till you get teleport, no fall damage, speed, climb blocks, unlimited arrows, unlimited breathe and high jump then combine that with maybe a glider from openblocks. it's basically a slightly less high speed version of running around as if you were playing prototype. XD .... .... .... *pheonix wright slash sound* "!" Prototype... ... ... hmm.... eh, I'll let obsi get through his to-do list first before I throw something like that at him... :3

Don't even think about it! :D
    Are you supposed to lose all your upgrades when you die? I just spent hours to get flying, no fall damage, teleporter, and save inventory. I wanted to test the save inventory so I killed myself on purpose. Everything went to the enderchest but then none of my upgrades worked anymore. Next time I died, death enderchest didn't work even though I reset it by clicking and I could no longer fly or teleport, and i also took damage from falling. Is this a feature or a bug?
    Quote from ishearn

Are you supposed to lose all your upgrades when you die? I just spent hours to get flying, no fall damage, teleporter, and save inventory. I wanted to test the save inventory so I killed myself on purpose. Everything went to the enderchest but then none of my upgrades worked anymore. Next time I died, death enderchest didn't work even though I reset it by clicking and I could no longer fly or teleport, and i also took damage from falling. Is this a feature or a bug?

answered 100 times, but FEATURE. When you die you lose all powers you had regardless.

HOWEVER.

You CAN save your powers by keeping a syringe handy and by taking a sample of your own blood to literally "keep a back-up" and then if you've got keep inventory keep it on you or in a box near your respawn and then when you die, take it out and reinject and you're back to being special again. The blood needs to be centrifuged before injecting so best to do that when you take the back-up sample. I haven't tried it, but if I didn't know any better Ichuns Sync mod should probably save the DNA you had at the time of making the clone which you can switch into... Since it saves stuff like thaumcraft research which is actually quite annoying to have an old clone and then switch back into it to find all your research is reset. >_
    Last edited by darkmega: 2/18/2014 7:15:47 PM

Quote from darkmega

answered 100 times, but FEATURE. When you die you lose all powers you had regardless.

HOWEVER.

You CAN save your powers by keeping a syringe handy and by taking a sample of your own blood to literally "keep a back-up" and then if you've got keep inventory keep it on you or in a box near your respawn and then when you die, take it out and reinject and you're back to being special again. The blood needs to be centrifuged before injecting so best to do that when you take the back-up sample. I haven't tried it, but if I didn't know any better Ichuns Sync mod should probably save the DNA you had at the time of making the clone which you can switch into... Since it saves stuff like thaumcraft research which is actually quite annoying to have an old clone and then switch back into it to find all your research is reset. >_

Sorry dude, I tried to look it up but couldn't find an answer. Thanks for the reply. Can you just make a bunch of backups and keep them in a chest, or does it need to be on your person when you die?
    Quote from ishearn

Sorry dude, I tried to look it up but couldn't find an answer. Thanks for the reply. Can you just make a bunch of backups and keep them in a chest, or does it need to be on your person when you die?

I'd suggest using just one and keeping it on you and everytime you respawn just getting into habit or using it immediately out of your keep inventory box and then refilling, recentrifuging then going back to what you were doing. Cause the syringe contains the genes you have at the time of taking the bit of blood. so if you keep a bunch and then mix them up by accident and don't know which one is your latest you might reload with the wrong one and you'll be missing some. but yes if you don't intend to be putting in anymore genes for a bit you can take a few syringes worth of blood to store incase you die multiple times in a row to something silly and you were in too much of a hurry to re-back-up and lose it all anyway. I just keep one in my lab's storage box near my machines that I can just easily get to from my base when I respawn. (theres actually a picture I gave to obsi earlier on page 23 that shows the box directly above my microscope... which is just for show cause I keep getting some kinda gui crash when I try to use it but meh, incase you're interested.)

oh and, HEY, HEY OBSI, might want to chuck something on the wiki about gene loss and back-upping and stuff and put a BIG RED SIGN on the front page saying "please refer to the wiki for pictures and mod information" or something.

and while on the topic, sorry obsi but another idea. if it's possible to make your own bed object of sorts I suggest maybe a bed that is actually an up-right cloning tube that respawns you with your DNA by being linked with a syringe of your blood... and actually... anyone can use it as a respawn and get the dna from it upon respawn but it requires a full tank of power and that is a fairly large amount of power with possibly even a visual representation in the world like a red, to yellow to green to blue light to show how much it's recharged or something but can be used any number of times. of course all you gotta do is update the genome syringe if you add anymore powers to your set.

My genes were all removed when I logged out... intended feature or bug?
    Quote from Scarovese

My genes were all removed when I logged out... intended feature or bug?

definitely not feature, never heard of that one happening.... sorry... >_

@darkmega: Thanks for helping out. I noticed your idea and I will look what I can do with it.
    Here's an idea for this mod: advanced mob breeding. I think that you should be able to breed mobs to express certain genes.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes