[1.6.4][Forge][ModJam 2] Player Beacons 1.2.5

Player Beacons 1.2.5
    --- Information---
    Ever felt like vanilla beacons just wasn’t really worth if it if you have multiple bases? Are you an evil dictator who doesn’t want to share his beacon with anyone else? Well maybe this mod is for you.Player Beacons does basically exactly what it says, it adds a beacon that is tied to your specific player. Using the power of the end, it transposes buffs onto you wherever you are in that dimension. Want speed 2 everywhere you go? Easy! Of course, the End is not something to be messed about with…This mod was originally made for ModJam 2 over a 96 hour period.
    Additional information can be found on my website: http://kihirakreatio...player-beacons/

--- Recipes---
    I highly recommend using NEI to check recipes ingame
    Please note if you have Thaumcraft installed then recipes won't show in NEI as they have to be unlocked through research! This can be turned off in the config
    Depleted Crystal - Right click beacon with an emerald

--- Requirements ---
    Minecraft 1.6.4

--- Installation Instructions ---
    Install Forge using their installer
    Add the Player Beacons zip file to your mods folder

--- Latest Download ---
    NOTE: If you are upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.2+, you will get a warning about mis-matched items. You can safely ignore this warning (ie hit continue).
    My Website - All versions - http://kihirakreatio...player-beacons/
    CurseForge - All versions - http://minecraft.cur...-beacons/files/

---Social Stuff---
    Patreon: Kihira

---Changelog---
    Fix possible NPE crash when enchanting
    Fix decapitation applying to all enchantable items. Should only now apply to weapons
    Update to ThaumCraft 4.1
    Rebalance ThaumCraft research and recipes
    Add in Waila support for the Beacon and Pylons
    Add information onto Pylons and Conductor
    Corruption is now a potion effect. This is currently in it’s basic stage but will be expanded on later.
    Corruption now no longer spawns enderman but instead corruption aggros enderman around you. Higher your corruption, the higher the radius.
    Crystals should now disappear properly when right clicked on Beacon
    Minor performance improvements
    Fix issue with corruption not being applied correctly
    Player Heads/Skulls now render with the hair/hat layer!
    Update to Forge 953.Add in (optional) Thaumcraft integration!If Thaumcraft is detected, it enables new research and recipes to make it even more challenging to unlock.Vanilla recipes for the beacon have been changed slightlyCrystals have been renamed. They are now coloured and list the buffs that they throttle from the beacon.Attempt to fix up zombie spawning with heads. Should now spawn closer to you.Many, many, many bug fixesBegan work on an API! I'm not providing a public download until it's stable but you can find it on the repo.
    Update to Forge 849
    Add /playerbeacons commandAdd in dynamic config system for buffsPretty big code cleanup. You might noticeable a very tiny performance improvement.
    Fix unbound beacon doing damage when destroyedFix incorrect corruption levelsReduce head drop chance from enchantmentAdd in config option to change zombie spawn cooldownAdd in config option to disable corruptionImplement mob beacons for current existing skullsNew corruption buff/systemRebalance of current existing buffsThe top of pylons now render differently if there is a block above them
    1.0 - Initial Release

--- Known Issues---
    None!

--- Old Versions ---
    Old versions can be found on my site http://kihirakreatio...player-beacons/ under Changelog

--- Planned Features ---
    More buffs and expanded corruption mechanic
    Pretty effects - Kinda done!
    Hostile beacons (Beacons that may work against other players)
    A recall item

--- License ---
    This mod is released under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
    Source code is available on https://bitbucket.or.../player-beacons. This does not include any binaries or textures.What does this mean? You can include the mod in public and private mod packs so long as no money is generated from doing so (ie putting the mod download behind a paywall or an ad link like adf.ly etc) and attribution is given to me ideally in the form of a link to my website http://kihirakreations.co.uk
    It was really fun watching you develop this! Really cool mod!
    "Nothing is impossible, it's just that you haven't figured out a way to make it work."
    Looks sweet, any chance you could add a description for each piece, I want to make a spotlight but I want to understand it fully. :)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MehhGamez

Hi Mehh,

You can check out my site http://kihirakreations.co.uk/mcmods/player-beacons/ to find information about how to use the mod. I recommend reading the entire thing to understand how everything works and I'm always willing to answer questions here =)
    Wow, this is very awesome. Highly underrated mod, which is a shame. Looks amazing.
    Le gasp!

Hi Kihira, how are you?

I'm really happy to see this here, I still have one of the modjam versions installed on my client and personal server. Its been getting pretty fun. Consider this version already downloaded and installed. :P
    PC Crafter
    Quote from Dylan4ever

Wow, this is very awesome. Highly underrated mod, which is a shame. Looks amazing.

Thanks!

Quote from Vengurd

Le gasp!

Hi Kihira, how are you?

I'm really happy to see this here, I still have one of the modjam versions installed on my client and personal server. Its been getting pretty fun. Consider this version already downloaded and installed. :P

I remember you! Glad to hear you are still playing with it =)
    Player Beacons has been updated to 1.1.1!

Changelog
    • Update to Forge 849
    • Add /playerbeacons command
    • Add in dynamic config system for buffs
    • Pretty big code cleanup. You might noticeable a very tiny performance improvement.
    Download

Mediafire - http://www.mediafire.com/download/61csscdjhvcmnc5/PlayerBeacons_1.6.2-1.1.1.zip
    Yoink!

Got it, using it. Thank you.
    PC Crafter
    Sweet mod! I really like it! Keep up the amazing work :)
    Just had to drop by and say I'm having a lot of fun with this mod.
    Thx.
    Quote from Voodoocat

Just had to drop by and say I'm having a lot of fun with this mod.
    Thx.

Thanks! Glad to hear you enjoying yourself =)

Player Beacons 1.2.0 is released!

Changelog:
    • Update to Forge 953.
    • Add in (optional) Thaumcraft integration!
    • If Thaumcraft is detected, it enables new research and recipes to make it even more challenging to unlock.
    • Vanilla recipes for the beacon have been changed slightly
    • Crystals have been renamed. They are now coloured and list the buffs that they throttle from the beacon.
    • Attempt to fix up zombie spawning with heads. Should now spawn closer to you.
    • Many, many, many bug fixes
    • Began work on an API! I'm not providing a public download until it's stable but you can find it on the repo.
    Download

Mediafire - http://www.mediafire.com/download/4llk3krhb0m1amk/PlayerBeacons-1.6.2-1.2.0.zip
    Last edited by Kihira: 12/24/2013 2:41:56 PM
    Quote from Kihira
    Player Beacons 1.2.0 is released!

Yay! I was beginning to wonder when this would be updated XD
    Also, how exactly does the Thaumcraft stuff work? I seen Thauncraft before but wasn't planning to use it with Player Beacons. But that changelog note makes me want to consider it...
    And glad to see the zombie head spawn thing get a tweak. I did notice how odd that was when I was testing a while back. Also, did you end up adding a new buff with the 1.2 or is that planned for later?

Defiled Soul Conductor and Player Beacon dont show the recpies in NEI
    Quote from BioMasterZap

Yay! I was beginning to wonder when this would be updated XD
    Also, how exactly does the Thaumcraft stuff work? I seen Thauncraft before but wasn't planning to use it with Player Beacons. But that changelog note makes me want to consider it...
    And glad to see the zombie head spawn thing get a tweak. I did notice how odd that was when I was testing a while back. Also, did you end up adding a new buff with the 1.2 or is that planned for later?

Oh woops, forgot to add that in >.

Quote from ashly138

Defiled Soul Conductor and Player Beacon dont show the recpies in NEI

Do you have Thaumcraft installed? If so, then the "vanilla" recipes are disabled and replaced by ones that require TC research. You can disable this in the Player Beacons config. Otherwise you will need to unlock the research which will then unlock the recipes
    Last edited by Kihira: 12/24/2013 4:29:47 PM
    Quote from Kihira
    I'm hoping to add new ones in an update, hopefully 1.2.1!

Sweet. Any idea when that will be out? =P
    Also, for the hardcore head issue, have you considered a way to summon a doppelganger or such?

This looks really nifty! Downloaded, will test this out. By the way, just to let you know, your 1.2.0 link in the OP points to 1.1.1 - I visited your blog for a proper link. Thank you!
    Quote from BioMasterZap

Sweet. Any idea when that will be out? =P
    Also, for the hardcore head issue, have you considered a way to summon a doppelganger or such?

That was actually an idea we had come up during modjam but I wouldn't have had the time. I might look into this again though. As for when the update will be, not until the new year XD I'm hoping mid-late Jan but I'm terrible with this stuff.

Quote from xeronut

This looks really nifty! Downloaded, will test this out. By the way, just to let you know, your 1.2.0 link in the OP points to 1.1.1 - I visited your blog for a proper link. Thank you!

Gah I always mess something up! >.
    Quote from Kihira

That was actually an idea we had come up during modjam but I wouldn't have had the time. I might look into this again though. As for when the update will be, not until the new year XD I'm hoping mid-late Jan but I'm terrible with this stuff.

K then. Just to check, do you foresee any problems updating it into a world already generated? Chances are by mid, or even late, jan I won't have got much of the Player Beacons set up but I'd like to update it if possible =P

Nice i like it
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes