Be sure to check this thread from time to time for updates and news!
What is "Sildurs shaders"? Sildur's Shaders is an extension of GLSL shader mod. This shaderpack adds shadows, dynamic lighting, and waving grass, leaves and water to the game. Unlike other shaderpacks, Sildur's Shaders is designed to work on all graphics cards and computers, including Macs, while still delivering a great graphical experience. See below for screenshots and download links.
Basic shaders screenshots (v1.04):
Vibrant shaders screenshots (v1.06):
Reviews/Cinematics! (almost up to date, more reviews are welcomed):
Timelapse by CamperFake (1.06)
HDJellybeanLP (German, Vibrant shaders, almost up to date (1.05))
Dman Revolution (English, Vibrant shaders, almost up to date (1.05))
Anarchips (French review, latest version, 1.053)
TheRedShizz (Basic shaders)
Agreement: (read this before downloading, you accept it by downloading!) You are not allowed to: - Rename any shaderpack and upload them as yours. - Modify my shaderpacks and upload them with your name on. - Provide mirrors by reuploading my shaderpacks. - Copy and paste code or whole files, (like gbuffers_water.vsh) into your shaderpack.
You are allowed to: - Create videos of it, linking this thread or my fb page would be great - Modifiy it for your own only - without sharing it online.
Put my shaderpack into the shaderpack folder in .minecraft/shaderpacks.
Go ingame to options -> shaderpacks and choose it from the list.
Almost ALL reflections(~reflection related things) are stored in composite1.fsh,
mostly found at the top to enable or disable.
Compatibility Basic shaders should work on almost all systems. Vibrant shaders supports Nvidia cards, certain AMD cards and Macs
(Intel is being worked on, a few got it working through, so you might still want to try it out).
Enable or Disable an effect To enable an effect, remove the 2 slashes (//) infront of something like: //#define Bloom -> #define Bloom To disable something add 2 slashes (//) infront of something like that: #define Bloom -> //#define Bloom
Where can I find more or other effects? Most effects are stored in final.fsh, some in composite.fsh. Reflections can be found in composite1.fsh and gbuffers_water.vsh Waving objects, Aether 2 and Thaumcraft support can be found in gbuffers_terrain.vsh
Parallax mapping It's stored in gbuffers_terrain.fsh, change this value #define POM_MAP_RES 64.0
to the texture pack size!
(It's not available in every Vibrant version and I sometimes have to drop it for other things, beside that it's pretty fps draining)
- NEW Motionblur, it's working well
- NEW Underwater fog
- NEW Lens flare
- NEW Water ripples
- NEW Water "lighting"
- IMPROVED Fog
- IMPROVED Overall lighting
- REWORKED lighting system from torches
- AND MUCH MUCH MORE, GO CHECK IT OUT INGAME YOURSELF!
- TWEAKED Water waves
- Minor code optimations
- REMOVED PoM and Specular mapping for now..(to fps draining)
- NEW Motion blur!
- NEW HDR effect! Thanks to DeDelner
- NEW Water refraction
- TWEAKED Water waves (ripples)
- TWEAKED Lighting from torches etc.
- CHANGED Ultra version now uses DoF as in older releases
- CHANGE Bloom got another rework
- CHANGE Torches etc are now brighter and got a new color tone
- NEW Added a workarround for macs with very low fps, can be enabled in composite.fsh
Vibrant 1.05 - NEW Bloom method - NEW Colors (Tonemapping and such) - NEW 2D Clouds, taking almost no fps. - NEW Bokeh DoF and distance blur - NEW Water ripples - NEW Water reflections - NEW Reflections when raining / wetness - NEW Sun - NEW Torchlight color - NEW/BETTER Godrays - NEW FOG finally! - NEW Underwater is now kinda foggy - FIXED black night - FIXED flickering - FIXED SSAO - FIXED a hell lot more bugs - More optimized Probably way more changes, but I can't remember them all. Works with PC's and Mac's with Nvidia and some AMD cards (plz report your result if it doesnt work, by also posting the devlog from the minecraft launcher into a spoiler. This helps me the most, I still need to know at least your OS and graphic card)
- Fixed specular mapping (reflections)
- Added parallax mapping (pom, requires adjusted TP)
- Way better night can be disabled in composite.fsh
- Sharper shadows without fps hit
- White screen caused by lens flare probably fixed
- Added version for Intel cards
- Better sun and sky
- probably some more changes which I forgot
- Added new waving objects from 1.7.2
- fixed blurred hand when using depth of field
- Bunch of bugfixes and improvments
- All versions works with any Nvidia drivers now. (Im on the latest beta for ex.)
- Motionblur added, currently overlapping with Godrays, so you can only use one. (Found in composite1.fsh, but dont use it yet, requires more work)
- No depth of field pre-configured download added
* TODO *
- Better glowing effects
- Parallax mapping
- fixed weird white transparent "screen"
- fixed black ground while looking away from the sun
- Activated Ice and Netherportal reflections in max and max+celshading (May be tweaked and optimized in future update)
- Added handeld items casting light ~ from Chocapics WIP9. Can be activated in composite.fsh
- Darker nights added
- Optimized even a little bit more
- fixed weird looking ice (reworked how I changed the water color)
- Specular mapping is kinda fixed - can look weird sometimes
- Handheld items like torches cast light (enable in composite.fsh)
- New water color WIP *Ice is a bit buggy
- Screen gets brighter while looking at the sun WIP
- Basic function for a better night added
- Fixed SSAO
There will be a few other bugs maybe, its a preview
- Fixed specular mapping
- Added basic lens flare
- Merged with chocapics rain flares
- Added specular mapping back (broken, fixed in 7.1)
- Reworked water shader again
- Ssao currently broken
- Improved compatibility
- fixed a mistake with bloom
- added colors from vibrant to basic shaders
- fixed for Intelcards
- changed sun angle to the new one
- added new waving objects
- fixed an error, which made everything black/dark
- New crossprocess
- Thaumcraft 4 and Aether 2 Support
- Cleaner code
- Waving potatoes and carrots added
- fixed a mistake in the DoF basic.
- Improved compatibility
- Initial release
- new sun angle
- colors from vibrant shaders
- waving object from vibrant shaders
- bloom in final.fsh
Reporting Bugs or Problems:
Set your minecraft launcher to keep being open, go to the developement console after you choose my shaderpack from the list and include the log out of the developement console in your post. Also include your OS, graphic card and driver version.
Note: "Developement console" may also be called "Game output" in newer minecraft versions!
Getting error final.fsh and composite.fsh plz help me
Nvidia GTX 770 very latest drivers
Windows 7 x64
Here's my log of my developement console from my MC launcher.
If you want to donate something feel free to do so here. (press on the donate button)
You can find me here to be always up to date on whats going on(press on the pictures):
Credits\Thanks: Chocapic13 & Alexei, Vibrant shaders based on them.
Karyonix - Maintains and updates the GLSL mod, which without my shaderpack would not work.
Skype Testers - Helped me solve common bugs and problems.
General_Fail - Created and formatted a fancy new forum post.
N3rdFall, for this awesome new signature! De Delner, for indirectly giving me the idea for reflections through rain (wetness) and adding HDR.
Good to see a new topic... hopefully this one won't be closed down... if you know what I mean.
Private Mod Note
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
I have returned. A fire long lost has been rekindled, and it's burning bright - yet it is far from spreading or causing harm. The destructive properties have weakened - yet it remains a source of illumination.
Doing stuff I guess. VA, Storywriter, Rapper, Entertainer and thinker.
can u make a vid to install for mac? i have the profile forge on and in the mods folder i put shaders! but it only loaded 4 mods witch the extra one is hero brine
You need to download the GLSL mod and put the .jar in the mods folder, the shaderpack goes in to the shaderpacks folder. But I've got an outdated vid gonna put it in the main thread may it helps a bit.