Be sure to check this thread from time to time for updates and news!
What is "Sildurs shaders"?
Sildur's Shaders is an extension of GLSL shader mod. This shaderpack adds shadows, dynamic lighting, and waving grass, leaves and water to the game. Unlike other shaderpacks, Sildur's Shaders is designed to work on all graphics cards and computers, including Macs, while still delivering a great graphical experience. See below for screenshots and download links.
Vibrant shaders screenshots (v1.153):
Enhanced Default screenshots (v1.0.1):
Basic shaders screenshots (v1.051):
Videos: (More videos are welcomed!):
Cinematic by DeathDealer244 (v1.153, latest version):
Cinematic by XDanielcrafter1X (v1.141):
Me, showing of some new settings that can be tweaked ingame - while playing. (there are more tweakable features by now)
Video by CinematicShadow (v1.141):
Timelapse by Flitzer (v1.12):
Agreement: (read this before downloading, you accept it by downloading!)
You are not allowed to: - Rename any shaderpack and upload them as yours. - Modify my shaderpacks and upload them with your name on. - Provide mirrors by reuploading my shaderpacks. - Copy and paste code or whole files, (like gbuffers_water.vsh) into your shaderpack.
You are allowed to: - Create videos of it, linking this thread or my fb page would be great - Modifiy it for your own only - without sharing it online.
Enhanced Default: Sildur's Enhanced Default 1.0.1For 1.8.x or newer, requires optifine 1.8.x H2 or newer Sildur's Enhanced Default 1.0.0For 1.7.10 and below Features:
- Working night vision!
- Default Sun path (Can be changed ingame to sun path of vibrant shaders, if using optifine for 1.8.x)
- Crossprocessing (Can be disabled ingame if using optifine for 1.8.x, if disabled colors will look the same as default MC)
- Shadows (Can be tweaked ingame if using optifine for 1.8.x)
- Water reflections from Vibrant shaders mixed with default MC texture. (See screenshots)
- Work somewhat with stained glass/transparency (water reflections currently wont show up if looking through it)
Put my shaderpack into the shaderpack folder in .minecraft/shaderpacks.
Ingame goto options -> shaderpacks and pick it from the list.
Basic shaders should work on pretty much every system.
Vibrant shaders supports almost all GPUs sometimes you have to update your drivers if you run into issues.
Especially Intel HD gpus require the latest drivers provided by intel or else shaders might not work.
Reflections are mostly stored in composite1.fsh. Currently there's only water reflections.
Other kind of reflections(specular mapping) will return together with Parallax mapping at some point.
Enable or Disable an effect
*Note, newer optifine versions for 1.8.9+ with the inbuild shadersmod allow you to enable or disable effects ingame while playing.
Just go to: options -> video settings -> shaders -> pick a shader from the list -> shader options.
To enable an effect, remove the 2 slashes (//) infront of something like:
//#define Bloom -> #define Bloom
To disable something add 2 slashes (//) infront of something like that:
#define Bloom -> //#define Bloom
Where can I find more or other effects?
Most effects are stored in final.fsh, some in composite.fsh.
Reflections can be found in composite1.fsh.
Waving objects can be found in gbuffers_terrain.vsh.
Vibrant shaders changelog:
- Improved lighting on mobs in caves.
- Fixed transparent mobs in nether for some intel and amd gpus.
- Fixed hand flickering on some amd gpus. (tested on hd6870, driver 16.2.1)
- Fixed nether sky being rendered ontop of transparent blocks.
- Applied a temporary fix for transparent blocks in nether for all systems. It depens on your GPU how well it works / looks.
- Applied a temporary fix for enchanted stuff, it shows the effect on some items but the colors are abit off. (requires optifine shadersmod, so 1.8+)
Thanks to Vico, Turtac and Digitalshadowhawk for testing.
*Know issues: Colors of stained glass and ice in nether might look abit off depending on the GPU (mostly amd and intel). Still released this patch because they are no longer invisible.
Temponary fixes will be resolved in the future, I have to rework the way things are rendered to fix everything correctly.
- Improved sky while raining on lite preset.
- Fixed flickering on hand / handheld items (for intel gpus). Thanks to Vico for testing.
- Fixed fog rendering in nether.
- Fixed fog rendering through transparency in nether.
- Fixed pixelated screen if bloom is disabled.
- Fixed bloom option in nether.
Transparency isn't rendering correctly in nether for Intel gpus, not sure why.
Vibrant v1.151 hotfix:
- Fixed issues with compiling the shaderpack on intel gpus.
- Fixed text on signs if parallax mapping is enabled.
Some undocumented changes, missing from the previous changelog:
- Moon is now also drawn by the shaderpack, like the sun.
- Added an ingame option to toggle the shader moon.
If it overlaps with the default moon either disable it in video settings -> details -> Sun & Moon. Or disable the shader moon.
- Improved shadow distance.
- Shadows go through water now.
- Shadows can be disabled now. (added an ingame option to disable shadows)
- Added an ingame option to toggle shadows.
- Light from emissive blocks now goes through water instead of ontop.
- Almost full transparency support. (stained glass, ice etc)
- Improved godrays.
- Improved sky and general lighting colors.
- Improved sun glow.
- Improved water transparency.
- Improved water visuals for all presets (lite - extreme)
- Adjusted water colors.
- Changed rain/snow angle, it no longer falls straight down.
- Added an ingame option to toggle the alternative weather angle.
- Fixed issues with particles and transparency.
- Added subtile ice reflections.
- Added subtile stained glass reflections.
- SSAO replaced with SSDO, it's faster and more accurate. (Ambient occlusion)
- You don't like how colorful everything is? No problem, added an ingame option to toggle the color boost.
- Added a new option called whiteworld which makes replaces every color with white. Screenshot -> https://i.imgur.com/xziUB8O.png
- Added an ingame option to toggle mobs flashing red when hurt
- Added an ingame option to toggle underwater fog
- Added an ingame option to adjust the view distance of distance-blur (dof)
- Added parallax mapping. (parallax mapping depth is based on what your pom res is set to)
- Added an ingame options for parallax mapping and it's resolution.
- Added waving water
- Added an ingame option to toggle waving water
- Optimized water code, reduced if statements since they are somewhat slow.
- Improved red flashing mobs while hurt, thanks to Sp614x.
- Reduced noise texture resolution from 1024 to 512, this will increase the overall performance by quite a bit!
- Optimized code to reduce visual differences caused by lower noise texture.
- Fixed leashes.
- Improved overall performance of vibrant shaders.
- Added colored shadows! (if going through stained glass).
- Added an ingame option to toggle colored shadows.
- Added bump mapping. (it's tied to parallax mapping)
- Optimized both bump mapping and parallax code alot.
- Added an ingame option to toggle clouds (in sky options)
- Added an ingame option to toggle cloud reflections. (in sky options, only enabled in extreme)
- Clouds move slower now.
- Renamed sun effects to sky options
- Added nether shaders!
- The End now makes use of my basic shaders (until I work something out for them)
Know issues and more:
- Transparency can sometimes look abit off
- Entities (players, mobs and such) can look a bit off at times. (Applied a temporary fix to prevent issues with transparency on entities)
- Lens flares is applied to everything bright (intended by chocapic), but it's rather annoying for gameplay. So disabled by default until recoded. Also requires bloom to be enabled.
- Bloom is not final, but the current one should be faster compared to v1.141.
- Motionblur affects your hand / handheld items, same for depth of field.
- Lite preset is no longer that cut down, the only thing that's missing are reflections.
- Added an ingame option to change the amount of blur used by bloom.
- Reduced the amount of blur used by bloom a bit. Reducing blur makes the bloom effect abit weaker.
- Added an ingame option to adjust the lighting strength of emissive blocks, like torches.
- Lighting strength of emissive blocks is NO LONGER AFFECTED BY MOONLIGHT.
- Bloom strength is NO LONGER AFFECTED BY MOONLIGHT.
- Increased the max. allowed value for moonlight to 0.10.
- The whole lighting system has been rewritten, it's way better and less hardcoded now. (To allow tweaks)
- Alot smoother transitions between lighting states. No more jumpy lighting switches between day/night/inside
- Cleaned and optimized code(small performance boost), no more double defines @Sp614x
- Fixed and improved handheld items that cast light. Their light range is no longer nearly infinite.
- Mobs now flash red again when hurt.
- New, much better bloom.
- Godrays are no longer visible while raining.
- Nights are now a bit brighter.
- Everything is now less dark while raining.
- Shadows are now a bit darker, to increase contrast and compensate for increased brightness caused by bloom.
- Overall some minor lighting changes, improvements and bugfixes.
- Emissive blocks now look better even if bloom is disabled.
- Motionblur works way better with the new bloom, I can only recommend it.
- NEW, simple water caustics, also slightly changed transparency of water
- NEW, added more options that can be tweaked ingame is using Optifine 1.8.9 G9 or higher.
For example: Brightness during night time can be adjusted ingame now. Also things like shadow distance and resolution can be changed while playing.
- FIXED, Depth of field, thanks to Skate702 for indirectly reporting this issue.
- FIXED, Cel shading, thanks to Apechief for pointing that out!
- Updated whole shaderpack to support new optifine features better (Requires optifine 1.8.9 G9 or newer)
- NEW, simple HDR, your "eyes" now adjust to the lighting, for example: if you go out of a cave everything will be bright for a few seconds.
- NEW, Water has changed again, can be seen in the screenshot!
- FIXED, Bloom no longer gets cut of by the sky.
- FIXED, Leaves in the distance are no longer bright.
- IMPROVED, Bloom is less pixelated now, without a loss of performance!
- CHANGED, Turned bloom a bit down, as suggested a few times.
Lite and medium should experience a boost in performance, about 10-20fps more compared to v1.09!
High and extreme are now a bit more performance tanking in areas with water, before everyone starts to cry, it's only about 5fps worse compared to v1.09.
- FIXED, Ice blocks in water.
- FIXED, Stars, they are visible at night again!
- FIXED, Maps, they are displayed correctly now.
- ADDED, Workarround to disable Minecraft's Pseudo lighting system. You can disable my workarround if you like the default MC lighting which darkens sides of blocks.
- ADDED, Cloud "distortion" for a more realistic movement.
- CHANGED, Sun glow at night no longer has the same redish color like daytime. It's now more blue-ish. (Moon glow)
- CHANGED, Godrays are now located in final.fsh and have been merged with lens flare code to reduce duplicated code.
- Code has been cleaned up A LOT, also lots of optimations being made. Performance should've increased for about 5-15frames!
- FIXED almost all bloom issues, see bloom changes below
- NEW Bloom is now only active in dark areas, like caves or certain houses. (Based on the lightlevel arround your character)
Bloom is also enabled during raining and night time.
- FIXED Vines are no longer glitching through blocks
- FIXED weird-redish lighting in caves / dark areas
- FIXED Distance blur, it no longer affects the sky.
- FIXED Fog in caves and houses while raining
- NEW Lens flare from newest chocapic branch has been ported over for more customization in the future
- FIXED New Lens flare caused a blackscreen while looking at the moon / away from the sun.
- NEW Fog now has it's own color in caves / dark places
- NEW Water has been reworked, looks pretty awesome!
Vibrant 1.07 (beta) - Updated to newest chocapic version, read his updated agreement / rules!
- NEW Fog color now adjust according to world lighting
- NEW Subsurface scattering, can be seen while raining.
- OPTIMIZED Clouds are no longer calculated twice for sky and water.
- OPTIMIZED Sun, it's no longer just a huge white spot.
- IMPROVED World lighting and colors
- FIXED Distance blur no longer affects the sky.
- REMOVED Wetness while raining, it will come back tho. Don't worry
- Bloom causes blending from sky into ground / objects. It's only enabled in extreme because of that.
- Bloom can result in overbrightness
- Lighting in dungeons is to bright / redish
- NEW Motionblur, it's working well
- NEW Underwater fog
- NEW Lens flare
- NEW Water ripples
- NEW Water "lighting"
- IMPROVED Fog
- IMPROVED Overall lighting
- REWORKED lighting system from torches
- AND MUCH MUCH MORE, GO CHECK IT OUT INGAME YOURSELF!
- TWEAKED Water waves
- Minor code optimations
- REMOVED PoM and Specular mapping for now..(to fps draining)
- NEW Motion blur!
- NEW HDR effect! Thanks to DeDelner
- NEW Water refraction
- TWEAKED Water waves (ripples)
- TWEAKED Lighting from torches etc.
- CHANGED Ultra version now uses DoF as in older releases
- CHANGE Bloom got another rework
- CHANGE Torches etc are now brighter and got a new color tone
- NEW Added a workarround for macs with very low fps, can be enabled in composite.fsh
- NEW Bloom method
- NEW Colors (Tonemapping and such)
- NEW 2D Clouds, taking almost no fps.
- NEW Bokeh DoF and distance blur
- NEW Water ripples
- NEW Water reflections
- NEW Reflections when raining / wetness
- NEW Sun
- NEW Torchlight color
- NEW/BETTER Godrays
- NEW FOG finally!
- NEW Underwater is now kinda foggy
- FIXED black night
- FIXED flickering
- FIXED SSAO
- FIXED a hell lot more bugs
- More optimized
Probably way more changes, but I can't remember them all.
Works with PC's and Mac's with Nvidia and some AMD cards (plz report your result if it doesnt work, by also posting the devlog from the minecraft launcher into a spoiler. This helps me the most, I still need to know at least your OS and graphic card)
- Fixed specular mapping (reflections)
- Added parallax mapping (pom, requires adjusted TP)
- Way better night can be disabled in composite.fsh
- Sharper shadows without fps hit
- White screen caused by lens flare probably fixed
- Added version for Intel cards
- Better sun and sky
- probably some more changes which I forgot
- Added new waving objects from 1.7.2
- fixed blurred hand when using depth of field
- Bunch of bugfixes and improvments
- All versions works with any Nvidia drivers now. (Im on the latest beta for ex.)
- Motionblur added, currently overlapping with Godrays, so you can only use one. (Found in composite1.fsh, but dont use it yet, requires more work)
- No depth of field pre-configured download added
* TODO *
- Better glowing effects
- Parallax mapping
- fixed weird white transparent "screen"
- fixed black ground while looking away from the sun
- Activated Ice and Netherportal reflections in max and max+celshading (May be tweaked and optimized in future update)
- Added handeld items casting light ~ from Chocapics WIP9. Can be activated in composite.fsh
- Darker nights added
- Optimized even a little bit more
- fixed weird looking ice (reworked how I changed the water color)
- Specular mapping is kinda fixed - can look weird sometimes
- Handheld items like torches cast light (enable in composite.fsh)
- New water color WIP *Ice is a bit buggy
- Screen gets brighter while looking at the sun WIP
- Basic function for a better night added
- Fixed SSAO
There will be a few other bugs maybe, its a preview
- Fixed specular mapping
- Added basic lens flare
- Merged with chocapics rain flares
- Added specular mapping back (broken, fixed in 7.1)
- Reworked water shader again
- Ssao currently broken
Enhanced Default changelog:
- Initial release for 1.8.x with optifine h2 or newer.
- Initial release for 1.7.10 and below
Basic shaders changelog:
- Fixed compiling issues that happend on certain Intel gpus and macs.
- Code cleanup.
- Colorboost can now be toggled ingame if using optifine. (in regular basic shaders)
- Sun and moon angle can now be toggled ingame if using optifine (switch between default and shader sun/moon angle, in regular basic shaders)
- Waving objects can now be toggled ingame if using optifine (in regular basic shaders)
- Added waving support for beetroots.
- Updated to support 1.8(.8) blocks and entities.
- Removed none needed code
- Replaced most code with newer one from my latest build
- Vines should glitch less into blocks
- Improved compatibility
- fixed a mistake with bloom
- added colors from vibrant to basic shaders
- fixed for Intelcards
- changed sun angle to the new one
- added new waving objects
- fixed an error, which made everything black/dark
- New crossprocess
- Thaumcraft 4 and Aether 2 Support
- Cleaner code
- Waving potatoes and carrots added
- fixed a mistake in the DoF basic.
Reporting Bugs or Problems:
Set your minecraft launcher to stay open, go to the developement console after you choose my shaderpack from the list and include the log from the developement console in your post. Also include your OS, graphic card and driver version.
Alternative: Go to .minecraft/logs and attach the shadersmod.log in your post.
Note: "Development console" may also be called "Game output" in newer minecraft versions!
Getting error final.fsh and composite.fsh plz help me
Nvidia GTX 960, driver 362.00
Windows 10 Pro x64
Here's my log output:
..... Please post your log output in a spoiler by doing this (spoiler)your text(/spoiler) replace () with .
Credits\Thanks: Chocapic13 & Alexei, Vibrant shaders based on them.
Karyonix - Maintains and updates the GLSL mod, which without my shaderpack would not work.
Sp614x - Updating and including the shadersmod in optifine.
Skype Testers - Helped me solve common bugs and problems.
N3rdFall, for this awesome signature!
CaptTatsu, using his coord fix for the new bloom.
Good to see a new topic... hopefully this one won't be closed down... if you know what I mean.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
I have returned. A fire long lost has been rekindled, and it's burning bright - yet it is far from spreading or causing harm. The destructive properties have weakened - yet it remains a source of illumination.
Doing stuff I guess. VA, Storywriter, Rapper, Entertainer and thinker.
can u make a vid to install for mac? i have the profile forge on and in the mods folder i put shaders! but it only loaded 4 mods witch the extra one is hero brine
You need to download the GLSL mod and put the .jar in the mods folder, the shaderpack goes in to the shaderpacks folder. But I've got an outdated vid gonna put it in the main thread may it helps a bit.