1.6.4 Forge SMP

Idfix and Idfix Minus: mods for resolving Id conflicts

Add tropicraft to the list of incompatible mods. Out of my 100 mods that's the only one which doesn't seem to be adding/generating an idfixminus text file
    Last edited by theruler333: 12/10/2013 5:15:08 PM
    Does this work for enchantment ids? Is there a 1.5.2 version?
    My 3x start method:
    1. Get idfixminus. Locate the folder /mods/1.6.4/. If you don't have it, create it and put idfixminus in there.
    2. Get idfix and put it into your /mods/ folder.
    3. Start your pack the 1st time. You'll maybe see some mods, overwriting other items. Don't worry, idfixminus just can't handle all mods itself. Just start through.
    4. Start your pack a 2nd time. Look for conflicts. If there is any, idfix (not minus) will fix the rest.
    5. Start your pack a 3rd time. All conflicts should have been gone.
    There are some cases, my method won't fix them too.

Why this method works at 99%:

Forge somehow seems to prefer mods from the /mods/1.6.4/ folder. So idfixminus will get loaded before idfix. Like AUTOMATIC_MAIDEN said, idfixminus will set your IDs directly to a proper id, if there is any conflict. The 2nd time you start, idfixminus recognizes, that all IDs are well set. Sadly, some mods are well set, but will generate a conflict - no matter, what idfixminus did. Now the gameplay is by idfix. He will grab the rest and fixes it by himself.

Troubleshooting:

Q: There are still conflicts!
    A: Please delete idfix.txt, idfixminus.txt and your configs. If it doesn't help: Congratulations. You found one of the 1%, not working well with idfix and/or idfixminus. In this case, you'll have to change the IDs by yourself. Please notify the author of the mod, something went badly wrong, since neither Minecraft Forge will tell you about this conflict.

Guessing: Maybe the mod was compiled against an older Forge-version for compatibility. The problem is: Building against older Forge-versions will have the negative effect, that there simply is no support to say: "Hey Forge! I really want to overwrite IDs!". Developers have 2 choices: Force overwriting IDs or simply set IDs. If the 2nd option was chosen, Minecraft will stop and say: "Hey buddy, look for your IDConflicts.txt. This and this ID-ranges are free to use." Since idfix and idfixminus won't fix forced overwritten IDs for a good reason (Examples: Railcraft, GegTech, Minefactory Reloaded, etc. are forcing overwriting some IDs, to make own recipes or simply make them harder, cheaper, easier, whatever), there is nothing AUTOMATIC_MAIDEN can do against. Like I said: I simply guess, what is the reason. But you definitely should contact the developer to fix it. Just say him: "Forge XYZ won't tell me about conflicts, caused by your mod.".

I have to thank AUTOMATIC_MAIDEN maybe for the last time for idfix and idfixminus, because with version 1.7 and higher you can use ID names instead of ID numbers. So i guess, somewhat like "forestry.Forestry|fences2|1418" (grabbed from idfixmus.txt) is then just "mod.Forestry_fences2_1418". An unique name instead of an ID. This - i guess again - would mean, the max. amount of IDs is also obsolete and we can now have more than just 256 biomes and - don't know the limit of items/blocks/enchantments/mobs. And Forge maybe will only use the names, instead of the IDs (what is understandable, because a conflict with an uniqe name, especially with mod.MODNAME_IDNAME_NUMBER/2NDNAME, a conflict is nearly impossible to produce).

Anyways, I went offtopic once more. I hope, this little post will help you a bit :) .

Edit: Clarified.
    "WARNING: Using numeric IDs will not be supported in the future. Please use names, such as 'minecraft:command_block' " so yes... Numeric IDs are gone in 1.7. In that case: AUTOMATIC_MAIDEN: Thank you for all your time and efforts, developing - both - idfix & idfixminus, since such tools (hopefully) won't be needed again :) . Nothing against them, but if you won't have to fix something, it's better ;).
    Last edited by MickyFoley: 12/13/2013 7:44:49 PM
    Pemiumize.me - Your Multi-Sharehoster Downloading Service
    Hey i got an idea right now...

can you add a config so the idfix can ignore an specified mod ID overwriting?

like hungeroverhaul usually replaces pam harvestcrafts items because of... something but its normal while i see idfix stops that so.
    so that config should be useful if you would add it
    Quote from DismalAmoeba

I don't really need multiple backports (perhaps just really important bugfixes), but I'll see what I can do. (my coding skills are crap though and I can't find a tutorial to backport mods)

Let me know when you've fixed it for 1.5.2
    Send me an email with the file attached or a download link: [email protected]
    Thanks.
    Quote from Rongmario

I will upload the actual pack once I get the modders permission, I might destribute the config..
    thank you, and i am running the FTB master config for now, let me know if you can't find that link :D
    A few of my mods are still conflicting, I checked the file and, guess what, it's a .jar.
    Crash report is below.
    ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // My bad.

Time: 12/25/13 2:47 PM
    Description: Initializing game

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 180 is already occupied by lotr.common.LOTRBlockRock@77cd9c when adding net.aetherteam.aether.blocks.BlockAetherSapling@15bcf78
    at net.minecraft.block.Block.<init>(Block.java:349)
    at net.minecraft.block.BlockFlower.<init>(BlockFlower.java:18)
    at net.aetherteam.aether.blocks.BlockAetherFlower.<init>(BlockAetherFlower.java:18)
    at net.aetherteam.aether.blocks.BlockAetherFlower.<init>(BlockAetherFlower.java:13)
    at net.aetherteam.aether.blocks.BlockAetherSapling.<init>(BlockAetherSapling.java:21)
    at net.aetherteam.aether.blocks.AetherBlocks.init(AetherBlocks.java:380)
    at net.aetherteam.aether.Aether.load(Aether.java:190)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:545)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:201)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:181)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:112)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:699)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:249)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:509)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:808)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
    Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraft.block.Block.<init>(Block.java:349)
    at net.minecraft.block.BlockFlower.<init>(BlockFlower.java:18)
    at net.aetherteam.aether.blocks.BlockAetherFlower.<init>(BlockAetherFlower.java:18)
    at net.aetherteam.aether.blocks.BlockAetherFlower.<init>(BlockAetherFlower.java:13)
    at net.aetherteam.aether.blocks.BlockAetherSapling.<init>(BlockAetherSapling.java:21)
    at net.aetherteam.aether.blocks.AetherBlocks.init(AetherBlocks.java:380)
    at net.aetherteam.aether.Aether.load(Aether.java:190)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:545)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:201)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:181)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:112)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:699)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:249)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:509)

-- Initialization --
    Details:
    Stacktrace:

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.6.4
    Operating System: Windows 8 (x86) version 6.2
    Java Version: 1.7.0_25, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode, sharing), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 92997904 bytes (88 MB) / 282779648 bytes (269 MB) up to 543358976 bytes (518 MB)
    JVM Flags: 2 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx536M
    AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    FML: MCP v8.11 FML v6.4.49.965 Minecraft Forge 9.11.1.965 45 mods loaded, 45 mods active
    mcp{8.09} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    FML{6.4.49.965} [Forge Mod Loader] (minecraftforge-9.11.1.965.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Forge{9.11.1.965} [Minecraft Forge] (minecraftforge-9.11.1.965.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Micdoodlecore{} [Micdoodle8 Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    playercoreapi{0.1} [PlayerCoreAPI] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    threadedlighting{0.1} [Threaded Lighting] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    mod_bspkrsCore{v3.04(1.6.4)} [bspkrsCore] (BspkrsCore-1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    DamageIndicatorsMod{2.9.2.1} [Damage Indicators] (1.6.4 DamageIndicatorsv2.9.2.1.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    DoggyTalents{v1.5.1a} [Doggy Talents] ([1.6.4] Doggy Talents - v1.5.1a.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    LOTR{Beta v11.1 for Minecraft 1.6.4} [The Lord of the Rings Mod] ([1.6.4] The Lord of the Rings Mod Public Beta 11.1.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Core{4.2.1} [BuildCraft] (buildcraft-A-1.6.4-4.2.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BetterFurnaces{3.4} [Better Furnaces] ([1.6.4]BetterFurnacesV3.4.dev.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    bspkrsCore{v5.2(1.6.4)} [bspkrsCore] ([1.6.4]bspkrsCorev5.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    mod_TreeCapitator{ML 1.6.4.r01} [TreeCapitator] ([1.6.4]TreeCapitator.ML.1.6.4.r01.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    advancedgenetics{v1.1} [Advanced Genetics] (advancedGenetics_v1.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Aether II{Alpha v1.0.1} [Aether II] (aether (1).jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
    MainMenuAPI{1.0.0} [Main Menu API] (aether (1).jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    ArchimedesShipsMod{1.6.4 v1.4.5} [Archimedes' Ships] (ArchimedesShips (2).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    battlemusic{1.4.2} [Battle Music] (battlemusic v1.4.2 for MC v1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Builders{4.2.1} [BC Builders] (buildcraft-A-1.6.4-4.2.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Energy{4.2.1} [BC Energy] (buildcraft-A-1.6.4-4.2.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Factory{4.2.1} [BC Factory] (buildcraft-A-1.6.4-4.2.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Transport{4.2.1} [BC Transport] (buildcraft-A-1.6.4-4.2.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Silicon{4.2.1} [BC Silicon] (buildcraft-A-1.6.4-4.2.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    colourfulPortalsMod{1.3.1} [Colourful Portals Mod] (ColourfulPortals_v.1.3.1_for_1.64.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    iChunUtil{2.4.0} [iChunUtil] (util^iChunUtil2.4.0.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    GraviGun{2.0.0} [GraviGun] (files^GravityGun2.0.0.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Hats{2.0.2} [Hats] (files^Hats2.0.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Torched{2.0.0} [Torched] (files^Torched2.0.0.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    GalacticraftCore{2.0.8} [Galacticraft Core] (Galacticraft-1.6.4-2.0.8.908.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    GalacticraftMars{2.0.8} [Galacticraft Mars] (Galacticraft-Planets-1.6.4-2.0.8.908.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    GraveStone{2.4.7} [GraveStone] (GraveStone_2.4.7.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Thaumcraft{4.0.4c} [Thaumcraft] (Thaumcraft4.0.4c.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    HungerOverhaul{1.6.X-2l} [Hunger Overhaul] (hungeroverhaul-1.6.X-2l-build3.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    inventorytweaks{1.56} [Inventory Tweaks] (InventoryTweaks-MC1.6.2-1.56-b77.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    MagicYarn{1.0.9} [Magic Yarn] (MagicYarn_1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    modocarina{3.4.4} [The Ocarina Mod] (Ocarina_Mod_3.4.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    PortalGun{2.0.2} [PortalGun] (PortalGun2.0.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    DarrenPR_RottenFleshToLeather{1.0.0} [Rotten Flesh to Leather] (RottenFleshToLeather_1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    TF2Dispenser{1.6.4} [TF2 Dispenser] (TF2_Dispenser_1.6.4a.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    TF2Sentry{1.6.4} [TF2 Sentry] (TF2_Sentry_1.6.4a.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    TF2Teleporter{1.6.4} [TF2 Teleporter] (TF2_Teleporter_1.6.4a.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    TwilightForest{1.20.3} [The Twilight Forest] (twilightforest-1.20.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    weaponmod{1.6.2 v1.13.6} [Balkon's WeaponMod] (Weaponmod (2).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    mod_ZanMinimap{0.9.4} [Zan's Minimap] (ZansMinimap1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Launched Version: 1.6.4-Forge9.11.1.965
    LWJGL: 2.9.0
    OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD 7520G GL version 4.2.11764 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.
    Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
    Type: Client (map_client.txt)
    Resource Pack: Default
    Current Language: English (US)
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
    Last edited by will2379: 12/25/2013 2:04:28 PM
    With Ars Magica 2 and Minefactory Reloaded 2.7.4-255 with IDFix Minus I'm getting this crash log on boot. I've looked into a few more things and changed some variables I've come across a few weird data.

Once problem starts, removing ID Fix Minus will not solve problem or downgrading MFR to 2.7.3, restoring configs and starting without IDFix Minus solves it.

Description: Initializing game

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at am2.items.ItemEssence.func_77617_a(ItemEssence.java:93)
    at am2.lore.CompendiumEntryTypes.initTextures(CompendiumEntryTypes.java:42)
    at am2.items.ItemSpellPart.func_94581_a(ItemSpellPart.java:52)
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.TextureMap.func_110573_f(TextureMap.java:186)
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.TextureMap.<init>(TextureMap.java:44)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:506)
    This mod is essential for any Minecraft player that has mods. I haven't had a single problem with this mod.

Is there a idfix for minecraft version 1.5.2?
    If you have more then 70 mods you will get a conflict at some point. The max mods I had working were 102 and even that was a struggle.
    For some reason (in my case, when trying to make IC2 play nicely with butterflymania), Idfix works where Idfix minus does not. I'm running 1.6.4, so the line mentioned about making sure that Idfix is running doesn't appear in my forge log (I'm also running via the ftb launcher), but the file does not have a double extension (.jar.zip), and everything else is correct.

I'm fine with just using IDfix non-minus, but I thought it might be information you'd like. If you're interested, I'll happily reproduce the error so I can give you the associated logs.
    A big thanks for your mod. I hope it will works on my server too.
    Just got this mod and may sound like a noob but, what do the backpacks do. I tried to put things in them but it won't let me. Is it a bug because it only happens to work with the Miner's Backpack, but only with some stuff.
    I WANT YOU! To hit that up arrow if this post helped you!
    You will regret looking at my youtube channel. https://www.youtube....er/Chris9085114
    Quote from Chris9085114

Just got this mod and may sound like a noob but, what do the backpacks do. I tried to put things in them but it won't let me. Is it a bug because it only happens to work with the Miner's Backpack, but only with some stuff.
    If you use this mod on an already created world, it screws up the configs of Forestry backpacks. Miner's Backpack is from Forestry. This mod adds nothing to the game world.
    Thanks dude its really helpful
    THANK YOU :D THANK YOU THANK YOU ­ING THANK YOU

Ketchup is jelly!
    plese 1.5.2
    Now v0.7!!!

THank you. Thank you so much. I love this. Saves me a lot of trouble.
    Idfix Minus is a godsend! My custom modpack currently has 91 mods, and I started noticing a few bizarre recipes pop up here and there. Idfix Minus permanently corrected my long list of configuration files. Having every single item ID in one text file for searching is also wonderful.

Quote from katubug

For some reason (in my case, when trying to make IC2 play nicely with butterflymania), Idfix works where Idfix minus does not. I'm running 1.6.4, so the line mentioned about making sure that Idfix is running doesn't appear in my forge log (I'm also running via the ftb launcher), but the file does not have a double extension (.jar.zip), and everything else is correct.

I'm fine with just using IDfix non-minus, but I thought it might be information you'd like. If you're interested, I'll happily reproduce the error so I can give you the associated logs.

I just had to do this - Go to properties and make sure it is an "Executable Jar File". If it is a zipped archive, it's wrong. My way of changing it is to go to Tools->Folder Options->View. Find the option "Hide extensions for known file types" and uncheck the box. Now you can replace the .zip file extension with .jar. Don't know about the whole FTB launcher thing though.

Quote from secretname2009

Hey i got an idea right now...

can you add a config so the idfix can ignore an specified mod ID overwriting?

like hungeroverhaul usually replaces pam harvestcrafts items because of... something but its normal while i see idfix stops that so.
    so that config should be useful if you would add it

Exclusion list may be good for the 1% of mods that totally freak out (and you can manually compare the rest of your mod ID's to that 1% with the ID list afterwards). But, I have Hunger Overhaul and Pam's Harvestcraft, and I see no problems with Idfix Minus changing any ID's between them. :P
    Last edited by Jack_Kenseng: 1/8/2014 5:52:42 AM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes