[1.5.2-1.7.x] MrMeep_x3's Shaders - The Cat's Shaderpack!

Quote from MrMeep_x3

First, Thank you so much for downloading and playing with my shaderpack! We've reached almost 40.000 Downloads ^_^ !

I'm working on v3 RC2 - RC4... Here's RC2: http://www.mediafire...s v03.0 RC2.zip

The new things are:

WIP - 8 sun reflections
    New water waves.

The ''Instagram Look'' isn't built in... (That's the reason why i don't post this link on my thread, i will only post this as a comment) The same with RC3 and 4. It will come back in RC5 :)

Quote from MrMeep_x3

-snip-

Look! DeDelner fixed the DoF and the... <" target="">http://www.mediafire...03.0_RC3.zip Changed little things... Nothing special, as i said. :)

:D
    I'm a helpful cat. :3
    Sooo... Here is the last unfinished build (v03.0 RC4): http://www.mediafire.com/download/l406t8ia5tgp353/MrMeep_x3's_Shaders_v03.0_RC4.zip

RC5 will have the ''Instagram look'' again!
    Absolutely loving this shaderpack. It is also the only one I have found which isn't suffering from the 'lines glitch' that occurs on rippling water where the water itself is has seams.

I like the semi-soft focus this adds to the game, it isn't overpowering but takes the edge off by just the right amount. The psudo-reflective water is absolutely sublime, very artistic and captures the feel of water without bogging down processing power with true reflections. Performance is also excellent, I'm getting a solid 30fps with a 64x texture pack and running at 1680x1050, not bad for a 5yr old quad core and a GTX 650 Ti. I'll have to post some screenshots at some point :)
    Do these work on Macs?
    Quote from MCTalen

Absolutely loving this shaderpack. It is also the only one I have found which isn't suffering from the 'lines glitch' that occurs on rippling water where the water itself is has seams.

I like the semi-soft focus this adds to the game, it isn't overpowering but takes the edge off by just the right amount. The psudo-reflective water is absolutely sublime, very artistic and captures the feel of water without bogging down processing power with true reflections. Performance is also excellent, I'm getting a solid 30fps with a 64x texture pack and running at 1680x1050, not bad for a 5yr old quad core and a GTX 650 Ti. I'll have to post some screenshots at some point :)
    \(^_^)/

Quote from dalekslayer96

Do these work on Macs?
    hm, the final.fsh is based on daxnitro's shaders. And i guess daxnitro was coding on a mac. Just try it out ;)
    Last edited by MrMeep_x3: 10/22/2013 2:44:23 AM
    Quote from MrMeep_x3

hm, the final.fsh is based on daxnitro's shaders. And i guess daxnitro was coding on a mac. Just try it out ;)

Ok, I get this error message:
    Failed creating framebuffer! (Status 36059)
    Shaders Initialized

The rest of the other shaders basically freeze my computer.
    Last edited by dalekslayer96: 10/22/2013 3:04:37 AM
    MrMeep, it seems there is a problem with your v3 shaderpack that I didn't notice earlier. It is removing all rain and snow effects. I've checked that it isn't the shaders mod and the weather visuals are fine using other packs so this is specific to yours. Since I use the BetterSnow mod you can imagine how disappointed I was that snowfall is now invisible so I'm going to have to stop using your shaderpack until this issue is corrected.

At least the other 95% of the pack is fine from what I saw earlier but for me this problem is a deal-breaker.
    Any tips if everything looks like this?
    http://imgur.com/vt4ryCQ
    First time working with shaders (but surely not mods) so please have mercy on anything noob-like
    Quote from MCTalen

MrMeep, it seems there is a problem with your v3 shaderpack that I didn't notice earlier. It is removing all rain and snow effects. I've checked that it isn't the shaders mod and the weather visuals are fine using other packs so this is specific to yours. Since I use the BetterSnow mod you can imagine how disappointed I was that snowfall is now invisible so I'm going to have to stop using your shaderpack until this issue is corrected.

At least the other 95% of the pack is fine from what I saw earlier but for me this problem is a deal-breaker.
    It's fixed in RC4! Well RC5 will come out soon and will have the ''instagram look''.
    Quote from TheBeast5282

Any tips if everything looks like this?
    http://imgur.com/vt4ryCQ
    First time working with shaders (but surely not mods) so please have mercy on anything noob-like
    Can you say me your PC specs?
    Not sure if you are able however I have tried all your shaderpacks on our other pc that is installed with a Radeon 5670 and for some reason it crashes the game. It doesn't seem to have any issues with Rudoplays shaders or some of the others either though.
    Quote from MCTalen

Not sure if you are able however I have tried all your shaderpacks on our other pc that is installed with a Radeon 5670 and for some reason it crashes the game. It doesn't seem to have any issues with Rudoplays shaders or some of the others either though.
    ''Rudoplays Shaders'' is just Chocapic13's v3 Pre3. Well you can say he stole Chocapic's work and makes money with it. And he breaks the rules of sonic's license. So, Chocapic13's v3 Pre3 had some things from SEUS v10 RC6 in it, and as far as i know was sonic programming at this time on a Radeon 7770. That's the problem: First, the Radeon 5670 is really not the best card, and 2nd: My shaderpack is based on chocapic13's WIP 8. I think he fixed the AMD compatibility in WIP9, and i have to fix the compatibility in my final too, and it takes time.
    Quote from MrMeep_x3

''Rudoplays Shaders'' is just Chocapic13's v3 Pre3. Well you can say he stole Chocapic's work and makes money with it. And he breaks the rules of sonic's license. So, Chocapic13's v3 Pre3 had some things from SEUS v10 RC6 in it, and as far as i know was sonic programming at this time on a Radeon 7770. That's the problem: First, the Radeon 5670 is really not the best card, and 2nd: My shaderpack is based on chocapic13's WIP 8. I think he fixed the AMD compatibility in WIP9, and i have to fix the compatibility in my final too, and it takes time.
    That's another issue. It seems the Radeon 5xxx series doesn't work with these shaders, because I have the same problem he does (Like I said before). It kinda just, crashes. Even Chocapic's newest WIP shaders crash (9.2). I'm able to turn the shaders on and see a glimpse of what it looks like though. hah.
    Last edited by Maloonkey: 10/23/2013 3:36:51 PM
    Everything in life is fun n' games until those arrows come flyin' in at your knees.
    Given that people who play Minecraft will often be on laptops or playing on older pc's to begin with my opinion on 'old' graphics cards is that shaderpacks should support them as much as possible.

Its just sensible considering the demographic that is drawn to Minecraft. I know that folks with powerful hardware do play Minecraft and that is why the Shaderpacks started to become popular but I feel that with so much push towards more and more graphical features it is starting to exclude a large chunk of the core Minecraft audience.

As for Rudoplays 'stolen' work, I'm not going to get into the debate. However I do like the way it makes the colors more vivid without being overpowering. I would love to see an optional version of your next shaderpack which does the same visual trick, a technicolor version I guess.

But nevertheless I want to congratulate Meep on his work so far. The pack really is very efficient at giving the best mixture of visual enhancements because I've finding the framerates to really be fantastic and very stable compared to even SEUS. If any of you have used this with Sphax resourcepack and the Biomes-O-Plenty mod you are going to be in for a real visual treat! I would recommend you use an x64 version however, x128 ends up being too demanding on the pc.
    Last edited by MCTalen: 10/23/2013 4:47:11 PM
    Oh, one more thing. Regarding Biomes-O-Plenty. Now I know that the waving leaves and flora effect must be linked to block IDs or texture names because I'm seeing that the BOP specific blocks are not getting that wavy effect applied to them.

So here is my pondering. Given at how popular BOP is, would it be at all possible to support the mod and have the wavy effect applied to the BOP specific blocks? I dunno, maybe it cannot be done for some obscure reason or maybe it would just be a huge amount of work for only a small benefit. But I think it would be a great way to get your shaderpack more widely used because at present no shaderpacks support mods it seems.

Being among the first would give you some serious publicity and would also encourage others to follow suit and start making their shaders offer native mod support. Ultimately I think it would be mutually beneficial for both you and the BOP guys.
    Well I took some screenshots. These are done with the graphic settings I actually use in-game so they give a true representation of how Meeps shaderpack looks. This was done with v0.3 RC4 so it doesn't have all the frills of the instagram look. Nevertheless, here are some highlights from a world I just started.

Click the image for the fullsize screenshot.

A swampy region during the late-morning. I like how there is a slight glow around the edge of the leaves as you pass under them.

Night-time lighting is always very hit in miss in most games but Meeps shaderpack gets it dark without being pitchblack. Personally I'd like to see more of a bluish hue to the nights and a slight increase in gamma.

A scenic spot at the foot of a mountain around high-noon. This would have looked amazing with some god-rays coming over the mountain edge but I dunno if that would kill the excellent frame-rates that Meeps shaderpack maintains.

A tranquil moment as I pass by a lake dotted with small islands. The sun was setting and the tall trees cast gorgeous shadows across the water. The fact the lake was filled with fish from Mo Creatures completed the scene.

If there was one critisism I would level at Meeps shaderpack is that it doesn't make lava feel hot enough. SEUS has absolutely nailed the ambient lightning effect caused by lava and I would love to see Meep try for the same quality if possible.
    Last edited by MCTalen: 10/23/2013 6:22:15 PM
    Quote from MCTalen

Well I took some screenshots. These are done with the graphic settings I actually use in-game so they give a true representation of how Meeps shaderpack looks. This was done with v0.3 RC4 so it doesn't have all the frills of the instagram look. Nevertheless, here are some highlights from a world I just started.

Click the image for the fullsize screenshot.

A swampy region during the late-morning. I like how there is a slight glow around the edge of the leaves as you pass under them.

Night-time lighting is always very hit in miss in most games but Meeps shaderpack gets it dark without being pitchblack. Personally I'd like to see more of a bluish hue to the nights and a slight increase in gamma.

A scenic spot at the foot of a mountain around high-noon. This would have looked amazing with some god-rays coming over the mountain edge but I dunno if that would kill the excellent frame-rates that Meeps shaderpack maintains.

A tranquil moment as I pass by a lake dotted with small islands. The sun was setting and the tall trees cast gorgeous shadows across the water. The fact the lake was filled with fish from Mo Creatures completed the scene.

If there was one critisism I would level at Meeps shaderpack is that it doesn't make lava feel hot enough. SEUS has absolutely nailed the ambient lightning effect caused by lava and I would love to see Meep try for the same quality if possible.
    Awesome screenies! :)
    Feel free to use them on the front page if you want.
    Last edited by MCTalen: 10/24/2013 4:37:32 AM
    Getting an visual issue with snow in RC4. Have a look, anywhere the snowflakes pass over the sky it appears to screw up the alpha channel making the snow appear black and blocky.

Quote from MCTalen

Getting an visual issue with snow in RC4. Have a look, anywhere the snowflakes pass over the sky it appears to screw up the alpha channel making the snow appear black and blocky.

Hm, i hope i can fix it in one of the future versions.
    Awesome shaders , I'm downloading it now! :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes