1.7.2 1.6.4 1.7.10

[1.6.4 - 1.7.X] MineTweaker 3: customize your minecraft experience

Poll: Next priority is re-adding the mod support from MineTweaker 2. W

What should be worked on first?

Next priority is re-adding the mod support from MineTweaker 2. W - Single Choice

• An editor to make script editing easier (contains iten list and can upload to server automatically) 11.7%
  • Modifying world generation (ores, plants, trees, biomes, perhaps even worlds) 19%
  • A GUI to make or change recipes 50.9%
  • Creating simple items and blocks, playing custom sounds and modifying existing blocks and items 11.7%
  • Event-based scripting and world interaction. Scripted puzzles, server administration, simple bukkit-like mod scripting 6.7%

This poll has ended as of 7/12/2014 10:25:28 AM

Alright, so i did this using the id's of buckets containing the chosen liquids:

print(<8242>.liquid.displayName);
    print(<12254>.liquid.displayName);

which turns up both liquid names like that:

[20:28:17 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-06 20:28:17 [INFO] [MineTweaker] fluid.xpjuice
    [20:28:17 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-06 20:28:17 [INFO] [MineTweaker] Mob Essence

now i went and added the following config:

modSupport.buildcraft.refinery.addRecipe(fluid.xpjuice, 5, 1, "Mob Essence");
    modSupport.buildcraft.refinery.addRecipe("Mob Essence", 5, 1, fluid.xpjuice);

which threw the following error:

[20:28:17 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-06 20:28:17 [SEVERE] [MineTweaker] /main.cfg:49no such fluid: fluid.xpjuice

changing the config to this:

modSupport.buildcraft.refinery.addRecipe("fluid.xpjuice", 5, 1, "Mob Essence");

throws that error:

[20:37:38 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-06 20:37:38 [SEVERE] [MineTweaker] /main.cfg:50the refinery.addRecipe output must be a fluid stack

I'm lost there... help ?
    Last edited by g_BonE: 1/6/2014 1:41:06 PM
    This mod is a lifesaver! Some mods just have the oddest recipes that really, throws the balance in the game entirely off. Thanks to this crafting mod, all things regarding recipes, is solved!

It took a bit of testing for me to get used to making custom recipes, and while I pretty much got the hang of it (thanks to the great wiki as well), I'm still a little confused as to how to use the <*> in recipes, or the whole ore.dictionary thing (since I been just staying safe with using item ID's/names). I know it's a wildcard but, can it be used as a crafting recipe too then? For example, lets say I wanted to make cobblestone crafted with any item to make diamond. Would I use the "<*>" or would this be possibly only by using the "recipes.addShapeless" for the entire 300(?) vanilla items?
    Last edited by Superpat3: 1/6/2014 7:24:31 PM
    You should add Ore Generation/World Generation tweakability.
    Do you have any plans of adding a method of adding dummy items?

Why?
    Industrial Craft 2 has several stages for processing, each step giving a bit more if done. I'd like to allow this for ores from other mods. I could see this used for other things as well.

Example
    // fetch the Apatite Ore from Forestry
    itemApatiteOre = tile.resources;

// add new dummy items.
    itemCrushedApatiteOre = item.create(id, metaid, pathToIcon, ...);
    itemPurifiedApatiteOre = item.create(id, metaid, pathToIcon, ...);

// add new macerator recipe
    modSupport.ic2.macerator.addRecipe(itemCrushedApatiteOre * 2, itemApatiteOre );

// add recipes for ore washer and thermal centrifuge

Not sure if it makes sense or is within the scope of your mod, but it'd be a great addition, and it'd allow me to improve inter-mod support in my pack.
    Last edited by MindWorX: 1/9/2014 5:00:21 PM
    crash report adding dartcraft saplings to the mfr harvester (skyboy, 1.6.4):

[21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT] Description: Ticking tile entity
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT]
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT] java.lang.NullPointerException
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT]  at stanhebben.minetweaker.mods.mfr.action.PlanterAddPlantableAction$SimpleFactoryPlantable.canBePlantedHere(PlanterAddPlantableAction.java:113)
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT]  at powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.tile.machine.TileEntityPlanter.activateMachine(TileEntityPlanter.java:78)
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT]  at powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.tile.base.TileEntityFactoryPowered.func_70316_g(TileEntityFactoryPowered.java:128)
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT]  at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2209)
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT]  at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:550)
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT]  at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:668)
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT]  at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT]  at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT]  at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT]  at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
    Quote from Sigma85

Im sorry if this has been covered, but is there a way to craft things that return containers, for instance glass bottles/buckets, and get the bucket/bottle back AND the item you were crafting. I am trying to think of an extra recipe to make ink, and I wanted to use glass bottles but get the bottles back. Thanks for any help. Again, sorry if this has already been covered

Been requested and I'm into implementing that. There's a good chance of such functionality being implemented in the next major version of minetweaker, along with more practical ways of having a crafting recipe only accept items with specific data, having reusable (and possibly damagable) items in recipes as well as having recipes requiring multiple items in the same crafting spot.

Quote from g_BonE

Alright, so i did this using the id's of buckets containing the chosen liquids:

print(<8242>.liquid.displayName);
    print(<12254>.liquid.displayName);

which turns up both liquid names like that:

[20:28:17 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-06 20:28:17 [INFO] [MineTweaker] fluid.xpjuice
    [20:28:17 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-06 20:28:17 [INFO] [MineTweaker] Mob Essence

now i went and added the following config:

modSupport.buildcraft.refinery.addRecipe(fluid.xpjuice, 5, 1, "Mob Essence");
    modSupport.buildcraft.refinery.addRecipe("Mob Essence", 5, 1, fluid.xpjuice);

which threw the following error:

[20:28:17 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-06 20:28:17 [SEVERE] [MineTweaker] /main.cfg:49no such fluid: fluid.xpjuice

changing the config to this:

modSupport.buildcraft.refinery.addRecipe("fluid.xpjuice", 5, 1, "Mob Essence");

throws that error:

[20:37:38 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-06 20:37:38 [SEVERE] [MineTweaker] /main.cfg:50the refinery.addRecipe output must be a fluid stack

I'm lost there... help ?

Still wrong.

modSupport.buildcraft.refinery.addRecipe(<8242>.liquid, 5, 1, <12254>.liquid);
    modSupport.buildcraft.refinery.addRecipe(<12254>.liquid, 5, 1, <8242>.liquid);

Quote from Superpat3

This mod is a lifesaver! Some mods just have the oddest recipes that really, throws the balance in the game entirely off. Thanks to this crafting mod, all things regarding recipes, is solved!

It took a bit of testing for me to get used to making custom recipes, and while I pretty much got the hang of it (thanks to the great wiki as well), I'm still a little confused as to how to use the <*> in recipes, or the whole ore.dictionary thing (since I been just staying safe with using item ID's/names). I know it's a wildcard but, can it be used as a crafting recipe too then? For example, lets say I wanted to make cobblestone crafted with any item to make diamond. Would I use the "<*>" or would this be possibly only by using the "recipes.addShapeless" for the entire 300(?) vanilla items?

The <*> can only be used in removal patterns and literally means "anything". The ore dictionary is another thing, though, and can be used in both removing and adding recipes. If you don't know what the ore dictionary is: it's that thing that makes copper ingots from IC2 and the ones from Tinkers Construct, Thermal Expansion, ... compatible with each other. Using oreDict.ingotCopper would mean "a copper ingot from any mod" and putting it in a recipe will make that recipe accept any copper ingot from any mod.

For the crafting cobblestone with anything: with recent versions of minetweaker that should work too, although I don't really see the point of that.

Quote from Werter555

You should add Ore Generation/World Generation tweakability.

Good news for you, then, as it will definitely be in for the next major release of minetweaker.

Quote from MindWorX

Do you have any plans of adding a method of adding dummy items?

Why?
    Industrial Craft 2 has several stages for processing, each step giving a bit more if done. I'd like to allow this for ores from other mods. I could see this used for other things as well.

Example
    // fetch the Apatite Ore from Forestry
    itemApatiteOre = tile.resources;

// add new dummy items.
    itemCrushedApatiteOre = item.create(id, metaid, pathToIcon, ...);
    itemPurifiedApatiteOre = item.create(id, metaid, pathToIcon, ...);

// add new macerator recipe
    modSupport.ic2.macerator.addRecipe(bronzeDust * 5, bronzeHelmet);

// add recipes for ore washer and thermal centrifuge

Not sure if it makes sense or is within the scope of your mod, but it'd be a great addition, and it'd allow me to improve inter-mod support in my pack.

Yes! With the next major release the scope of minetweaker will be extended into things like this. But you'll have to be patient, as minetweaker 3 is a major rewrite of the mod, made faster and more versatile and even allowing you to write scripted mods, to a certain extent.

Quote from g_BonE

crash report adding dartcraft saplings to the mfr harvester (skyboy, 1.6.4):

[21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT] Description: Ticking tile entity
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT]
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT] java.lang.NullPointerException
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT] at stanhebben.minetweaker.mods.mfr.action.PlanterAddPlantableAction$SimpleFactoryPlantable.canBePlantedHere(PlanterAddPlantableAction.java:113)
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT] at powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.tile.machine.TileEntityPlanter.activateMachine(TileEntityPlanter.java:78)
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT] at powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.tile.base.TileEntityFactoryPowered.func_70316_g(TileEntityFactoryPowered.java:128)
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2209)
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:550)
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:668)
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
    [21:13:01 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-08 21:13:01 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

Script, please? I believe I tried exactly this before.
    Quote from StanH
    Yes! With the next major release the scope of minetweaker will be extended into things like this. But you'll have to be patient, as minetweaker 3 is a major rewrite of the mod, made faster and more versatile and even allowing you to write scripted mods, to a certain extent.

You're awesome! Looking forward to it! No more waiting for mod-authors to finish inter-op compatibility.
    @StanH: Sweet, thanks for the help and patience explaining things. XP Juice to Mob Essence now works as expected:

# smelt xpjuice bucket to mobessence bucket and back in furnace
    furnace.addRecipe(<12254>, <8242>, 5.0);
    furnace.addRecipe(<8242>, <12254>, 5.0);

# mobessence to xpjuice / xpjuice to mobessence in BC refinery
    modSupport.buildcraft.refinery.addRecipe(<8242>.liquid, 5, 1, <12254>.liquid);
    modSupport.buildcraft.refinery.addRecipe(<12254>.liquid, 5, 1, <8242>.liquid);

For the DartCraft saplings i'm now using DartPatch (http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/dartpatch-mfr-planter-harvester-support-for-dartcraft.28832 which also adds DartCraft sapling support for the MFR fertilizer.

Superb mod with lots of flexibility even tho documentation on the Wiki feels a little incomplete. Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!
    Do you plan to add Mekanism machine recipe support to your mod? It is really awesome already, but with that it would be perfect. I can not manage to disable the (in my opinion) cheap steel dust recipe in the "Metallurgic Infuser" from that mod.
    How would one go about making a tool (or any damageable item) chargeable in an IC2 generator?
    Quote from Jhary
    Do you plan to add Mekanism machine recipe support to your mod? It is really awesome already, but with that it would be perfect. I can not manage to disable the (in my opinion) cheap steel dust recipe in the "Metallurgic Infuser" from that mod.

No immediate plans to support it, especially since I am working on the next major version of minetweaker.

Quote from ElectricalTurnip
    How would one go about making a tool (or any damageable item) chargeable in an IC2 generator?

It's not possible with Minetweaker. The problem is that the tool itself needs to implement the IC2 tool interface - and I don't have control over that. I might find workarounds in the future, but no promise.
    Hello! It's me again!

Having issues with item names on a dedicated server for some reason.

They seem to work fine in a single player world.

plateIron = item.railcraft.part.plate;

This one works, none of the following ones do. Replacing the next one with its id makes it work, the following one errors instead.
    (Noticed this one is wrong, should be item.railcraft.part.plate.iron, which is probably why it currently works...)
    plateGold = item.GT_Materials."65";
    plateDiamond = item.GT_Materials."87";
    plateRedstone = item.GT_Materials."93";
    plateStainless = item.GT_Materials."66";

These ones result in errors like this: (with the respective data value of course)
    /main.cfg:26 No such member in Item: 65

plateSteel = items.railcraft.part.plate.steel;

For this item the following error is displayed:
    /main.cfg:28 no such item: railcraft.part.plate.steel

/minetweaker name output:
    Name for 4543:1: items.railcraft.part.plate.steel

Update: After starting to replace all the item names with the corresponding id's to make things work I notice that all the item names wont work on the server. I get "no such item" for each one. Replace it with id, "no such item" for the next one and so on. Even the vanilla items.

Update 2: Confirmed that none of the item references by name work on the server side. NEI shows no recipe for buildcraft wooden pipes for example, placing the ingredients in the crafting table shows no result clientside, but I can still pull the resulting wooden pipes out, which means that the recipe is not removed on the server.
    Last edited by Forecaster: 1/15/2014 6:52:34 AM
    Railcraft Boiler Calculator(Now updated to 8.3!)
    Minecraft Online ID Resolver BETA! Come discuss/report bugs in #towerofawesome @ esper.net
    Hello. Trying to use ore dictionary ingots in a custom recipe, however I seem to be having troubles calling up the ore dictionary items in the recipes.

I'm using:

copper = oreDict.ingotCopper;
    tin = oreDict.ingotTin;
    bronze = oreDict.ingotBronze;
    *oreDict - based on the oreDict.plankWood example in the wiki.

I honestly have no clue how to do this correctly, as any combinations I try seem to fail and the wiki doens't go about explaining how to use the oreDictionary in great detail.
    Getting a similar issue to Forecaster above.

Error:
    /BCQuarry.cfg:8No such member in Item: 1

Script:

#BUILDCRAFT QUARRY
    #REQUIRES BUILDCRAFT AND CHICKENCHUNKS
    recipes.remove(tile.machineBlock);

blockBCFiller = tile.fillerBlock;
    blockBCLaser = tile.laserBlock;
    itemBCRedStoneChip = item.redstoneChipset."0";
    itemBCIronChip = item.redstoneChipset."1";
    blockCCChunk = tile.chickenChunkLoader;
    itemBCDiamondGear = item.diamondGearItem;
    itemBCIronGear = item.ironGearItem;

recipes.addShaped(tile.machineBlock, [itemBCIronChip, blockCCChunk, itemBCIronChip], [itemBCIronGear, blockBCFiller, itemBCIronGear], [itemBCDiamondGear, blockBCLaser, itemBCDiamondGear]]);

I tried changing to the actual ID, but still get the error, which is odd: itemBCIronChip = <19373:1>;

Also, get an error on this (/MekUECable.cfg:3 No such member in Item: UniversalCable)
    #MEKANISM UNIVERSAL CABLE
    recipes.remove(tile.Transmitter.UniversalCable);

recipes.addShaped(tile.Transmitter.UniversalCable, [oreDict.ingotSteel, tile.blockRedstone, oreDict.ingotSteel], [null, null, null], [null, null, null]]);

All these work perfectly on client side, just not on server side.

Edit: Seems any recipe that has a quote " in the item name causes problems server side. Have to switch to using item IDs. Server is (I believe) a linux server (creeperhost)
    Last edited by Golrith: 1/19/2014 3:21:56 PM
    Quote from Rensik

Hello. Trying to use ore dictionary ingots in a custom recipe, however I seem to be having troubles calling up the ore dictionary items in the recipes.

I'm using:

copper = oreDict.ingotCopper;
    tin = oreDict.ingotTin;
    bronze = oreDict.ingotBronze;
    *oreDict - based on the oreDict.plankWood example in the wiki.

I honestly have no clue how to do this correctly, as any combinations I try seem to fail and the wiki doens't go about explaining how to use the oreDictionary in great detail.

"It doesn't work" is not enough information.

To get help you need to tell us how it fails.
    Minecraft Online ID Resolver BETA! Come discuss/report bugs in #towerofawesome @ esper.net
    This mod seems to be exactly what I'm looking for to add in a missing recipe for one of the mods on my server. I'm a little confused as to haw to go about doing things however, and while the wiki seems to hold my answers, I think I'm missing something. I am trying to add a recipe for 2xIns. Gold Cable, as it is needed for a powersuit module and the recipe for the cable is missing in IC2 Experimental. I have created a CustomRecipes.cfg in the minetweaker.cfg and included it in main.cfg. The contents of the customRecipe are as follows:

cable = items.ic2.itemGoldCable;
    rubber = oreDict.itemRubber;
    recipes.addShaped(<30184:4>, [rubber, rubber, rubber], [rubber, cable, rubber], [rubber, rubber, rubber]]);

As far as I can tell this is the way to add this recipe to my server. When I restarted the server, no errors were thrown, but the recipe was not present either. Is there something I'm missing or a better way to do this?
    Quote from Morgrhim

This mod seems to be exactly what I'm looking for to add in a missing recipe for one of the mods on my server. I'm a little confused as to haw to go about doing things however, and while the wiki seems to hold my answers, I think I'm missing something. I am trying to add a recipe for 2xIns. Gold Cable, as it is needed for a powersuit module and the recipe for the cable is missing in IC2 Experimental. I have created a CustomRecipes.cfg in the minetweaker.cfg and included it in main.cfg. The contents of the customRecipe are as follows:

cable = items.ic2.itemGoldCable;
    rubber = oreDict.itemRubber;
    recipes.addShaped(<30184:4>, [rubber, rubber, rubber], [rubber, cable, rubber], [rubber, rubber, rubber]]);

As far as I can tell this is the way to add this recipe to my server. When I restarted the server, no errors were thrown, but the recipe was not present either. Is there something I'm missing or a better way to do this?

If it's a dedicated linux server the problem is most likely that you are using the item names, as I and Golrith have had issues with this as well. The names work on the client but not on the server.

The quick fix solution is to use id's instead for now.
    I think I've narrowed things down a little.

Any item name that contains multiple fullstops will report an error. I've been working through my large file, and only names such as

item.bop.gems.ruby

keep returning the no such member in item error.

Interestingly, as I've been working through the file changing them to ID numbers, a crafting recipe that I couldn't remove from the crafting table now allows me to craft the item. That particular item I never even touched!

Hope that helps track down the exact problem.

For users, if you get an error, try switching to the actual ID. If you still get an error, post here!
    Its not work with latest Thaumcraft 4.... :(
    X-12 NUCLEAR MODULAR LOCOMOTIVE
    A cursory search for "duplicate" didn't return anything related in the thread, so here's a bug for you.

If you have config files in your server world folder (server/world/minetweaker/main.cfg) and in the client config folder (.minecraft/config/minetweaker/main.cfg) at the same time, it shows the recipe for each item from both configs in NEI. Ideally, I would expect the server config to totally override the client side, only parsing the client config when one isn't sent from the remote server. I would expect similar if there was a config in the local world save and the local /config/ directory as well. Just my observations and thoughts though.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes