1.7.2 1.7.10 Forge Curse

Archimedes' Ships v1.7 - Banking ships!

Best way I can think is to landmark it when you dismount. also don't decompile it too high in the air, you can lose it depending on the version you're working with. 1.5.2 doesn't have any protections against this.
    If you are satisfied and do what you feel you must do, no matter what that is... then you have reached perfection. -Metamoq, Corwid of the Free
    Quote from Pantheis

Bug report:
    Minecraft 1.6.4
    Forge 1.6.4-9.11.1.923
    Archimedes Airship mod 1.4.4

In multiplayer with a dedicated server passengers will seem themselves dropped off of the airship while in flight after a short awhile, although the server still has them on the ship. If they hit left-shift, they'll actually drop off and teleport forward on their screen to the location the server actually has them at. If they just sit around on the ground waiting, eventually the airship will move far enough away that the client will see the ground behind them start to become unloaded and then they'll start slowly sinking into the void.

This happens within a minute of trying to fly around with even just one passenger. Size of the ship doesn't seem to matter, nor does construction. Placing seats with lots of support blocks around them doesn't prevent the passengers from getting detached. This seems to be a client sync issue as the server has them still attached to the ship.

Suggestion:
    It would be excellent if we could toggle specific sides of airship frame blocks (make a new block or a cover or something) that would stay attached to the airship on one side and prevent anything else from attaching to them. This way you could line the sides and bottom of your airship with this material and prevent any accidental attachment while trying to land an airship. Take a look at the way Redstone In Motion handles toggling the sides of the frame blocks as an example of what I'm thinking about.

Thanks for the excellent mod!
    question,, if this is multiplayer wats ur server IP
    You keep asking people that...trust me, there's a reason they're not giving it out. Send them a PM or something.
    thing is.. its realy boring on single player, and i wanna show people my ship building capabilitys!
    Hey BalkondeurAlpha, Going through your information on your site. I have been using this mod for a week now and am LOVING IT by the way. This is exactly what I wanted. Read through the whole site to try and avoid noob question, but I was watching a youtube video about the mod and the person in the video mentioned you can modify the maximum block size for the mod. I see in your changelog you have it to 3400. In the game it states its 2048, but I wanted something around 8-9k blocks. I found in the config file the section that would need to be changed, however I could not find any max numbers anywhere in or near the text.

‰ mobile_chunk ‹ max_chunk_blocks  BThe maximum amount of blocks that a mobile ship chunk may contain.  
    Again, apologies for the noob question. Hope to hear from you!

Jeff
    Quote from txtspeak

question,, if this is multiplayer wats ur server IP

127.0.0.1 enjoy!
    Quote from Pantheis

127.0.0.1 enjoy!
    Hi,
    I've tried posting here multiple times but have no help. My friends and I want to play this on multiplayer so I installed it. But, when I try to load the server it crashes. Please please help me.

Thanks

Crash Report:

[SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception LoaderException
    cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: shipmod.ShipMod
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:149)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:519)
    at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:99)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:350)
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:69)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:445)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: shipmod.ShipMod
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:186)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.ModClassLoader.loadClass(ModClassLoader.java:59)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:462)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:194)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:174)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:105)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:509)
    ... 5 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:178)
    -_-

The ip he posted is essentially an alias for localhost. Explanation: he's either playing LAN or hardcore trolling - when you attempt to connect to that address you're basically trying to join a server on your network. There are no servers available for Archimedes' at present.
    i have a problem in archimedes ships whenever i want to leave my created ship it says "cannot decompile ship here".can i only decompile my ship in plains cause i can't decompile near my house?and the mod creator said said that the percent of the air ballons needed on the ship can be adjusted in the config then i checked the config then i can't find the percentage where can i find it?
    If it's saying that the bounding box of your ship is colliding with blocks. You either need to be in the air, at sea, or on a flat surface.

Don't know about the percentage thing, not showing up on mine either.
    I've been playing in LAN with this mod, and my brothers fall out of their seats after it reaches a certain speed. It might be from using a few motors. You should be able to replicate the bug.
    Hope it gets fixed! ^_^
    Last edited by DanTheMann1218: 10/19/2013 12:37:25 AM
    do you like my zeppelin?
    Does anyone know if ship-versus ship combat is possible? i.e. the ship has a certain amount of health?

Spaceships in Minecraft! Because why not!
    Nope. They never break.

Right now it's more of a 'snipe driver & passengers then steal boat' type of shindig. If I'm not mistaken once the driver is dead the boat reverts to blocks.
    Last edited by Tiel: 10/19/2013 7:46:58 PM
    Quote from Tiel

-_-

The ip he posted is essentially an alias for localhost. Explanation: he's either playing LAN or hardcore trolling - when you attempt to connect to that address you're basically trying to join a server on your network. There are no servers available for Archimedes' at present.
    and you could have told me that instead of '' there must be a reason they're not telling you the IP''

EDIT: I tried to go on the server out of curiosity, but instead of giving me a long crash report that takes up half the webpage hard_tsar_of_tar. it simply said connection refused:connect
    Last edited by txtspeak: 10/20/2013 4:12:20 AM
    Thank you, Thank you thank you! :)
    (seems i am not allowed to post pix yet...?! whetever...

http://im.bilderkist...37/shipyard.jpg
    and
    http://im.bilderkist...09/fregatte.jpg

leading to
    http://im.bilderkist...16_20.27.23.jpg
    and then in the game...
    http://im.bilderkist...all_Frigate.jpg

fully functional, Cannons fire in sets of 2,
    masts can be climbed - marse platforms are a dangerous spot to move around o
    below deck ample storageone change

i DID make:up the block count to 2500 in the config... and give the floater a different texture.
    now i build my hulls entirely out of floaters. :)

Archimedes ships mod has been an essential part of MC so far.
    Thanks. Double, triple thanks.
    Last edited by Hawker_Typhoon: 10/20/2013 6:34:59 AM
    Quote from txtspeak

and you could have told me that instead of '' there must be a reason they're not telling you the IP''

EDIT: I tried to go on the server out of curiosity, but instead of giving me a long crash report that takes up half the webpage hard_tsar_of_tar. it simply said connection refused:connect

That's the reason for that particular IP not working. As I said, there's a reason people don't go posting their servers all willy-nilly: it's considered advertising, which is against the MCF rules.
    Quote from Emplip321

and the mod creator said said that the percent of the air ballons needed on the ship can be adjusted in the config then i checked the config then i can't find the percentage where can i find it?

In the config file, under the mobile_chunk heading change the value after D:airship_balloon_ratio=

The default ratio of 0.4 (to 1) is equal to 40% balloon blocks.
    The only thing I would say to add would be the ability for seats to work outside of the airship, so if I use chairs in my house, for example, I would be able to sit in them as I can while in an airship with a buddy. That would be a pretty cool addition. Right now, my beautiful red chairs are the same as my ugly brown stairs-- unusable as a seat.
    Quote from txtspeak

Sorry but the error message wasn't from me trying to join the server but rather from me trying to launch my own. Sorry I didn't make that clear and the only reason I quoted him was because he had a server and somehow could help me resolve my issue. And about my error message sorry I really don't know how to do the "thing" to condense it where you could click the show button and just look at it :D.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes