1.7.2 1.7.10 Forge Curse

Archimedes' Ships v1.7 - Banking ships!

Quote from misu2001

By this thing, i had an Idea for making rails and minecarts be accepted blocks and become carried by the air balloon ships. Please add this to the mod and i will stay tuned on this post
    I tried adding the cannon from the Balkon's Weapon Mod but it wouldn't stay. Yea kinda sucks too that you can't shoot from the airship. I was using my gun pack for GunCus2 and it didn't waant to shoot anything, it would only hit the airship so you'd technically have to fly, stop-and-shoot, then keep flying
    Is it possible to make redstone work on an airship?
    Sorry for my bad English
    The fly-and-then-stop-to-shoot mechanic could work well, actually, if we got rails as accepted blocks, and they worked even after moving (ie, kept alignment), because then warships would be forced to halt movement to shoot, and they would also be forced to wait until the enemy stops to shoot. Some interesting tactics could be derived from this- although it'd still be nice to be able to damage a ship in-flight, even if you couldn't shoot from it.
    My beautiful little Dragon! Won't you please help me feed it, and keep it alive?
    Redstone and entites attached to airships aren't happening and are not planned features. They are well beyond what can be done with converting a bunch of blocks into a mobile entity.
    If you are satisfied and do what you feel you must do, no matter what that is... then you have reached perfection. -Metamoq, Corwid of the Free
    What if the mobile enitity had health? (Is that possible) Then, based on how many blocks, and how much is stone, it calculates how much health the ship has. Upon destruction, all the blocks breakdown into item form.
    Meet Jurinoa and Tarpson, dragons of, what should be, a Earth and Hellfire Dragon. If they doesn't get enough views they might die! So lend a hand will you?
    So there is a 1.7.2 recommended Forge build out, how long until the mod is updated?
    Quote from saptex98

So there is a 1.7.2 recommended Forge build out, how long until the mod is updated?

Wow I didn't even know that.
    My one week vacation is just over so as usual it is a bad moment. It will take some time to update because a lot has changed, assuming the code is well documented now...
    Last edited by BalkondeurAlpha: 2/9/2014 1:35:47 PM
    Quote from saptex98

when its done. please revisit this thread frequently.
    please be patient.
    please be grateful.
    please don't ask.
    Please stay tuned, we're gonna have a little pop music while our artist settles into his studio and maybe gives his own time to offer you a gift.

And if you run out of patience, please feel free to keep using the 1.6.2 or 1.6.4 versions for free.
    Thank you for your time and understanding.
    Last edited by Hawker_Typhoon: 2/9/2014 1:49:27 PM
    Excellent mod, i use a lot of mods and for some reason y was using crafting pillars on the ship and when i tried to fly again half ship disappear with my chests and iron, diamond(52 diamonds in survival mode and no cheats T___T nor creative mode), Redstone blocks, so... i guess i should not use anything but vanilla items to build my ship and i will NEVER transport my chests on my airship.
    Last edited by tavinsky06: 2/9/2014 4:13:44 PM
    Hi! Will you make 1.4 available for Minecraft 1.5.2? Would be awesome!
    Hello there Community. I'm terribly sorry if this question/bug has already been asked/reported but within the 1XX something pages I'm afraid I might have missed it.

So upon installing this marvelous modification I was having a blast with my small AirShip, living a life of a traveling andventurer within my small confined ship. For a few hours it was working great, Since it was a brand new game It took me awhile to build my first relatively normal ship/base. Where up I Installed Mo Creatures and Mutant Creatures to make the ground level as hostile as I could possibly make. I already had installed the Ancient Warfare and Minegicka in my game.

Just recently I started encountering a problem ( not long after the two new mods were installed ).
    Here is my ship in its normal state:

And here's the same ship from the inside:

So the problem is that almost in 50 Percent of the time when I disembark from the helm.
    This happens.

Same from the outside.
    I tried making a different ship but to no avail. It happens quite often, and mind you. When I was playing without Mo Creatures and Mutant Creatures. Everything was fine and dandy.
    Maybe there is a solution or at least the Mod maker could find the interference those mods make and fix them or at least explain what I could do to prevent this bug from happening.

Thank you for your time!
    Quote from misu2001

On my latest Archimedes' Ships mod and latest forge for 1.6.4 the passenger seat does not work. on single player it doesn't work, but i haven't fount out on multiplayer. have you got any multiplayer servers of archimedes' ships mod so i can test out?
    anyway cool mod you got my super mega diamond emerald gold obsidian quartz iron redstone ruby etc. gem. its value is 999999999(hell load of 9)$
    :DH:
    :DA:
    :DPANTS:
    :Dboots:
    Edit: NOT WORKING on Multiplayer Passenger seat. Fix this plz :-'(

There's your problem! It only works for multiplayer. One person drives the ship, the rest right click on a passanger seat. You can't right click them unless somebody else is driving the ship.
    How exactly do floaters work? I placed like 50 of them on the bottom of my 120 block ship and it still half sinks when i board it
    Quote from S_Hacker

There's your problem! It only works for multiplayer. One person drives the ship, the rest right click on a passanger seat. You can't right click them unless somebody else is driving the ship.

What would be nice if if one could click the seat and he would started sitting on it (but the ship wouldn't compile) and then if someone used the helm, the ship would compile and people already sitting in seats would be already aboard, so it would get rid of that thing where you have to jump off the ship, wait for the pilot to compile it and then click it again
    i have a question what Engine block is doing? have a crafting recipe or something i found it at creative inventory. And fix that bug which KaZu0 posted it happens to me too and i think the problem is Mutant Creatures whatever i think you do your best ;)
    Any news on updating the passenger seats to work better? Anyone on passenger mode still falls off (even though they are still onboard) until they shift-click to get back off.
    I am making a modpack called MOAB2 and I have always been entertained by your mod and I would like your permission to use your mod. My modpack will be like a combination of the Technic modpack but a little of this and that (sorry I can’t reveal the mods yet because I am still working on asking mod authors permission to use their mods).
    Quote from KickFlow

What if the mobile enitity had health? (Is that possible) Then, based on how many blocks, and how much is stone, it calculates how much health the ship has. Upon destruction, all the blocks breakdown into item form.

Frankly, causing all the blocks in a large airship would crash the game, or at the absolute least cause a ton of lag.
    Quote from CAG

i have a question what Engine block is doing? have a crafting recipe or something i found it at creative inventory. And fix that bug which KaZu0 posted it happens to me too and i think the problem is Mutant Creatures whatever i think you do your best

The Engine block causes airships to move faster, without needing to sacrifice ship size. It doesn't seem to have a crafting recipe at the moment.
    Last edited by Ninten1: 2/13/2014 9:59:14 PM
    I just want to reiterate for anyone having the same problem as me:
    I can confirm that either enabling multi-core in optifine or something triggered by it was the cause of my ships becoming misaligned when decompiling after dismount. Again, I was having this problem 9 times out of 10 before, but after disabling multi-core rendering and several weeks of playing later, I haven't had this problem reoccur even once.
    It was an issue regardless of size, and even a ship as small as 6 blocks misaligned even when taking extreme care to completely stop and align to world. For the past few weeks I've been using larger and larger ships to see if I'd encounter the issue again, and even my largest ship
    has encountered no issues. Hopefully that will help anyone else with a similar issue.
    I am having a weird bug where my ships (client and server) when activated don't sink at all and float completely above water. When I deactivate the ship, it floats 1 block above the water. (I've only placed a Helm block, no floaters.)

Can anyone help with this? :P
    And thar she blows.
    If only mounted guns attached to a compiled ship. But I guess that having someone on board hold the gun a plop it down when you stop and pick it up before you compile the ship again would work almost as well.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes