1.6.4 Weapons

Better Archery v1.6.2 (Adds new bows, arrows, quivers, more)

Quote from Creeper666666

My brother gets this crash after joining my LAN world after updating to version 1.5 of this mod.

Alright, I've updated the mod with a fix. Download it here.
    Last edited by Zaggy1024: 6/15/2013 11:01:25 AM
    Quote from Zaggy1024

Alright, I've updated the mod with a fix. Download it here.
    Thanks for the fix. I was about to rant. My brother was going to quit Minecraft for good because of this bug.
    Official Mod Critic and I hate buggy mods.
    Can you add daggers. Like possible to shoot or use as a sword. And maybe attach to a bow. It'd be cool.
    Hi
    Quote from Creeper666666

Thanks for the fix. I was about to rant. My brother was going to quit Minecraft for good because of this bug.

^.~ ...okay...

Can you add daggers. Like possible to shoot or use as a sword. And maybe attach to a bow. It'd be cool.

Daggers are too heavy to be shot with a bow, and I think that's out of the scope of the mod. (Yons of other mods add daggers, I don't want to give you guys duplicate items if you install lots of mods.)
    hey zaggy, I just started to try the mod (really looking forward to the yumi!!!) but after about ten minutes my game freezes then crashes. I have quite a few mods on here so I'm not saying that its specifically this mod, however it makes mention of the quiver...

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------
    Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Exception while ticking a block

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.entity.projectile.EntityArrow.setValuesForStack(Lnet/minecraft/item/ItemStack;)V
    at zaggy1024.quivermod.DispenserBehaviorQuiverModArrow.getProjectileEntity(DispenserBehaviorQuiverModArrow.java:30)
    at zaggy1024.quivermod.DispenserBehaviorQuiverModArrow.func_82487_b(DispenserBehaviorQuiverModArrow.java:45)
    at net.minecraft.dispenser.BehaviorDefaultDispenseItem.func_82482_a(SourceFile:11)
    at net.minecraft.block.BlockDispenser.func_82526_n(SourceFile:117)
    at net.minecraft.block.BlockDispenser.func_71847_b(SourceFile:148)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72955_a(WorldServer.java:613)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:195)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:643)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:573)
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:171)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:470)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

Not exactly sure what it means as I can only deal with id conflicts as of yet lol so I was wondering if you have any suggestions. I am using the latest forge, optifine 3 d I believe, and I tried to install the render mod to make the quivers on the back visible but I think they said that its doesn't work at the moment... wondering if that is really the cause. gonna be a pain to remove it lol because it goes in the minecraft jar file... thanks for any help!

derp! think the problem was not following instructions. going to extract it into the jar lol
    Last edited by pittbully: 6/15/2013 1:58:15 PM
    Hmmmm.... looks like a good mod I'll maybe get it later.
    GNOLB
    Quote from gnolb

Hmmmm.... looks like a good mod I'll maybe get it later.

I'm glad. :)

I've added a donation link if anyone feels like donating. (Don't feel obligated to, it would just be nice, as I'm saving up to upgrade my computer.)
    Last edited by Zaggy1024: 6/15/2013 3:39:48 PM
    i have an idea for a good type of bow to add: a Compound bow. It would be crafted with iron and would load fast and fire far. And also I think that this mod should also feature throwable axes! XD. AND CROSSBOWS!!!
    Here's the crash i get when i try to craft any type of new bow besides the vanilla one.

-- Head --
    Stacktrace:
    at zaggy1024.quivermod.client.renderers.QuiverBowRenderer.handleRenderType(QuiverBowRenderer.java:83)
    at net.minecraftforge.client.MinecraftForgeClient.getItemRenderer(MinecraftForgeClient.java:48)
    at net.minecraftforge.client.ForgeHooksClient.renderInventoryItem(ForgeHooksClient.java:125)
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderItem.func_82406_b(RenderItem.java:441)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_74192_a(GuiContainer.java:412)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_73863_a(GuiContainer.java:128)

-- Screen render details --
    Details:
    Screen name: net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiCrafting
    Mouse location: Scaled: (161, 98). Absolute: (323, 283)
    Screen size: Scaled: (427, 240). Absolute: (854, 480). Scale factor of 2

-- Affected level --
    Details:
    Level name: MpServer
    All players: 1 total; ['HUNTER1204'/107, l='MpServer', x=-171.69, y=65.62, z=-267.39]]
    Chunk stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 441
    Level seed: 0
    Level generator: ID 00 - default, ver 1. Features enabled: false
    Level generator options:
    Level spawn location: World: (-156,64,-195), Chunk: (at 4,4,13 in -10,-13; contains blocks -160,0,-208 to -145,255,-193), Region: (-1,-1; contains chunks -32,-32 to -1,-1, blocks -512,0,-512 to -1,255,-1)
    Level time: 3385302 game time, 3515191 day time
    Level dimension: 0
    Level storage version: 0x00000 - Unknown?
    Level weather: Rain time: 0 (now: false), thunder time: 0 (now: false)
    Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
    Forced entities: 61 total; ['Painting'/57, l='MpServer', x=-171.06, y=62.50, z=-275.50], EntityPainting

Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72914_a(WorldClient.java:441)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71396_d(Minecraft.java:2413)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:775)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.5.2
    Operating System: Windows Vista (x86) version 6.0
    Java Version: 1.7.0_17, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 266711664 bytes (254 MB) / 519110656 bytes (495 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
    JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
    AABB Pool Size: 5666 (317296 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 1014 (56784 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 2, allocated: 4, tallocated: 60
    FML: MCP v7.51 FML v5.2.2.684 Minecraft Forge 7.8.0.684 5 mods loaded, 5 mods active
    mcp{7.44} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    FML{5.2.2.684} [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Forge{7.8.0.684} [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    QuiverMod{1.5} [QuiverMod] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    buddyPet{1.0} [My tiny buddy] (Pet Buddy Mod 1.5.2 Build 1.1 .zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family GL version 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2202, Intel
    Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
    Type: Client (map_client.txt)
    Texture Pack: Default
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Vec3 Pool Size: 2261 (126616 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 308 (17248 bytes; 0 MB) used

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: EQUIPPED_FIRST_PERSON
    at zaggy1024.quivermod.client.renderers.QuiverBowRenderer.handleRenderType(QuiverBowRenderer.java:83)
    at net.minecraftforge.client.MinecraftForgeClient.getItemRenderer(MinecraftForgeClient.java:48)
    at net.minecraftforge.client.ForgeHooksClient.renderInventoryItem(ForgeHooksClient.java:125)
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderItem.func_82406_b(RenderItem.java:441)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_74192_a(GuiContainer.java:412)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_73863_a(GuiContainer.java:128)
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78480_b(EntityRenderer.java:1021)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:870)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:759)
    --- END ERROR REPORT 8537b38c ----------
    Quote from Whitestorm905

i have an idea for a good type of bow to add: a Compound bow. It would be crafted with iron and would load fast and fire far. And also I think that this mod should also feature throwable axes! XD. AND CROSSBOWS!!!

Compound bows are on my list.
    Throwable axes: Sounds cool, but probably a bit out of the scope of this mod.
    Crossbows: I'd like to wait for confirmation that the Crossbows 2 mod is dead before I even think about beginning work on adding them. I don't want do duplicate effort or start a competition between our mods.

Quote from hunter1204

Here's the crash i get when i try to craft any type of new bow besides the vanilla one.

-- Head --
    Stacktrace:

-- Screen render details --
    Details:
    Screen name: net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiCrafting
    Mouse location: Scaled: (161, 98). Absolute: (323, 283)
    Screen size: Scaled: (427, 240). Absolute: (854, 480). Scale factor of 2

-- Affected level --
    Details:
    Level name: MpServer
    All players: 1 total; ['HUNTER1204'/107, l='MpServer', x=-171.69, y=65.62, z=-267.39]]
    Chunk stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 441
    Level seed: 0
    Level generator: ID 00 - default, ver 1. Features enabled: false
    Level generator options:
    Level spawn location: World: (-156,64,-195), Chunk: (at 4,4,13 in -10,-13; contains blocks -160,0,-208 to -145,255,-193), Region: (-1,-1; contains chunks -32,-32 to -1,-1, blocks -512,0,-512 to -1,255,-1)
    Level time: 3385302 game time, 3515191 day time
    Level dimension: 0
    Level storage version: 0x00000 - Unknown?
    Level weather: Rain time: 0 (now: false), thunder time: 0 (now: false)
    Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
    Forced entities: 61 total; ['Painting'/57, l='MpServer', x=-171.06, y=62.50, z=-275.50], EntityPainting

Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72914_a(WorldClient.java:441)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71396_d(Minecraft.java:2413)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:775)

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.5.2
    Operating System: Windows Vista (x86) version 6.0
    Java Version: 1.7.0_17, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 266711664 bytes (254 MB) / 519110656 bytes (495 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
    JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
    AABB Pool Size: 5666 (317296 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 1014 (56784 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 2, allocated: 4, tallocated: 60
    FML: MCP v7.51 FML v5.2.2.684 Minecraft Forge 7.8.0.684 5 mods loaded, 5 mods active
    mcp{7.44} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    FML{5.2.2.684} [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Forge{7.8.0.684} [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    QuiverMod{1.5} [QuiverMod] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    buddyPet{1.0} [My tiny buddy] (Pet Buddy Mod 1.5.2 Build 1.1 .zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family GL version 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2202, Intel
    Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
    Type: Client (map_client.txt)
    Texture Pack: Default
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Vec3 Pool Size: 2261 (126616 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 308 (17248 bytes; 0 MB) used

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: EQUIPPED_FIRST_PERSON
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78480_b(EntityRenderer.java:1021)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:870)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:759)
    --- END ERROR REPORT 8537b38c ----------

You need to update your Forge. But next time you post a crash report, put it in spoilers.
    Last edited by Zaggy1024: 6/15/2013 8:53:29 PM
    Quote from Zaggy1024

I'd like to know ASAP, does anyone use the arrow slot selection mode for the quivers? I'm thinking I'll remove it, because it's not really useful, in my opinion, and I don't want to have the mod use too many keys (I'm going to add a config-opening key).

Does it refer to the - and = keys? If it does, I actually use it during combat. Against tougher monsters, I like to switch to poison/fire arrows to wear them down first. I also like to finish the excess weakness arrows I get before starting on normal arrows. You should keep it, it feels easier to use than pressing a key to open a window to allow you to select the arrow you want
    Help me hatch my dragon by clicking on it!
    Quote from icymountain

Does it refer to the - and = keys? If it does, I actually use it during combat. Against tougher monsters, I like to switch to poison/fire arrows to wear them down first. I also like to finish the excess weakness arrows I get before starting on normal arrows. You should keep it, it feels easier to use than pressing a key to open a window to allow you to select the arrow you want

No he is referring to using Backspace to switch between Slot and Arrow Type Mode, and in my opinion Zaggy no... no one changes from arrow Type because its too awesome, I never use Slot Mode; By the way while I'm here I have this VERY irritating HUD Bug when I off set the quiver HUD by any amount it makes my other mods (that add HUD's) bounce up and down to try and match your HUD and the Normal HUD, I use CJB and REI's Minimap, its not the end of the world, but it is very distracting and bugs me to the core. Thanks for being a great modder man i have great hopes for this mod.
    Quote from XSanchez797x

No he is referring to using Backspace to switch between Slot and Arrow Type Mode, and in my opinion Zaggy no... no one changes from arrow Type because its too awesome, I never use Slot Mode; By the way while I'm here I have this VERY irritating HUD Bug when I off set the quiver HUD by any amount it makes my other mods (that add HUD's) bounce up and down to try and match your HUD and the Normal HUD, I use CJB and REI's Minimap, its not the end of the world, but it is very distracting and bugs me to the core. Thanks for being a great modder man i have great hopes for this mod.

Sounds like I put the GL matrix pushes and pops in the wrong places. I'll look into that now.

(And yes, you're right, I was talking about the slot selection mode, not the arrow type mode)

Edit: Yep, there wasn't a matrix push/pop around the HUD rendering code, meaning nearly all its transforms were staying for the following renders. I was still a bit of a GL noob when I wrote that code. :P Easy fix, thanks for the report! I'll try to get a release ready ASAP.
    Last edited by Zaggy1024: 6/15/2013 11:57:04 PM
    Quote from Zaggy1024

Sounds like I put the GL matrix pushes and pops in the wrong places. I'll look into that now.

(And yes, you're right, I was talking about the slot selection mode, not the arrow type mode)

Edit: Yep, there wasn't a matrix push/pop around the HUD rendering code, meaning nearly all its transforms were staying for the following renders. I was still a bit of a GL noob when I wrote that code. :P Easy fix, thanks for the report! I'll try to get a release ready ASAP.

Glad to Help I love to help this mod improve I feel it has a lot of room to grow. I could beta test for you if you needed just lemme know. Especially considering I have many mods installed I could let you know of any issues with those.
    Last edited by XSanchez797x: 6/16/2013 3:45:33 AM
    I have an idea. Could you mayba make an enchantement to the bow so that it fires faster? (ex:Elasticness 1 would make the bow a littela faster but at elasticness 5 it would insta-fire like in old minecraft)
    Is there a working version for 1.4.7? or is it possible to port the latest one to 1.4.7?
    No there is no 1.4.7 version, and I doubt there ever will be.
    please make one, its not that much work
    which dokucraft does it support?
    Hi,I'm currently finding a signature
    Quote from Sir_Moodz

please make one, its not that much work

Its more work than you think I can promise you that. Not to mention hes got enough on his plate making the current version better.
    Last edited by XSanchez797x: 6/16/2013 11:02:27 AM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes