1.7.2 1.6.4 1.7.10 Forge

Carpenter's Blocks 3.2.4

Quote from Rozarik

Well, I've gotten the new version of it to work, however, I had to disable the daylight sensor block. I'm not sure why it's causing a problem but it evidently is. Here's the crash report.

Got me scratching my head at the moment. I did change the way in which icons are retrieved for inventory rendering, but not sure why it would have problems (plus it's working locally). Did you have any other items in your inventory at the time? Or were you just viewing the creative tab when it occurred?
    I'd love to see a tool which allows you to rotate block textures. I want to place wooden logs on a door in a certain orientation. I can do this from the top, but not the bottom as there's a block in the way.

Plus, a few blocks from mods aren't rotated correctly when used on carpenter blocks.

And finally, what does a mod need in order for it's blocks to work with carpenter's blocks? Some just don't attach, placing next to instead.
    Quote from Latusy

I'd love to see a tool which allows you to rotate block textures. I want to place wooden logs on a door in a certain orientation. I can do this from the top, but not the bottom as there's a block in the way.

Plus, a few blocks from mods aren't rotated correctly when used on carpenter blocks.

And finally, what does a mod need in order for it's blocks to work with carpenter's blocks? Some just don't attach, placing next to instead.

Blocks that have small render bounds (like slabs) are generally skipped because it effects rendering. I'm experimenting with supporting blocks that have tile entities, which can be numerous - though I only started digging into it an hour ago.

Regarding the block rotation: it was tweaked with the latest versions so in order to cover the bottom door piece, just face down when you apply the cover and it will orient itself correctly - it's no longer side-dependent.

Block rotation, as described within my code, is implemented in an atypical fashion. Pumpkins and logs for example don't rotate using the same technique, and their metadata does not match per rotation. It's completely up to how the block rotations are implemented, and could explain why some mod blocks don't rotate as expected.
    Quote from Mineshopper

It's there, but you can only set day/night sensitivity. It seemed kind of silly implementing anything more because night sensitivity is essentially static (of 16 light levels, only 2 or so can be considered night). And it won't detect ambient light... so, those are my reasons.

How do you set the sensitivity?
    Life is a Learning Curve....
    Unfortunately, you're stuck on the bottom...amongst the bones of the stupid.
    Quote from Furious1964

How do you set the sensitivity?

What I meant by it was set it to night or day activation. Only two sensitivities. It's hammer left-click, like always.
    Quote from Mineshopper

Mystery solved :steve_csi:
    Quote from Mineshopper

Mystery solved :steve_csi:

Maybe the heading of this thread should be changed? It also says 1.6+ "
    [1.5+/1.6+]

or is v1.9.8 a downgrade? It says

Carpenter's Blocks
    (
    )

(Latest v1.9.8 - [MC 1.5+/1.6+])

*Note: 1.9.7 changed config fields, and many features will change back to their defaults unless you restore your settings.
    Last edited by jmarlo: 12/22/2013 2:32:59 PM
    1.5+/1.6+ is your Minecraft version. v1.9.8 is the mod version. You just need to get the correct one for whichever Minecraft version you're using.
    Dude...I think the update 1.9.8 is derped. In 1.9.7 I had 120 fps (capped), now in 1.9.8 I can't get past 45 fps.
    Quote from Mineshopper
    1.5+/1.6+ is your Minecraft version. v1.9.8 is the mod version. You just need to get the correct one for whichever Minecraft version you're using.
    Are you telling me that Carpenter's mod v1.9.8 is not for minecraft v1.6.4? You've lost me. Why is it labeled for minecraft 1.5+/1.6+ then?I understand that the minecraft version I'm using (1.64 with Forge). I understand that the Carpenter's Blocks mod version I installed is 1.9.8. What I can't understand is what versions of minecraft the v1.9.8 works with if not all versions of minecraft starting with 1.5 and 1.6?
    Last edited by jmarlo: 12/22/2013 4:07:26 PM
    Quote from FatBobTheSlob

Dude...I think the update 1.9.8 is derped. In 1.9.7 I had 120 fps (capped), now in 1.9.8 I can't get past 45 fps.

Not likely. Once everything is rendered on screen there's no reason for it to bog down your game because it's no longer doing anything (besides being drawn). The only thing that would affect your performance at that point is how much stuff is on your screen.

Quote from jmarlo

Are you telling me that Carpenter's mod v1.98 is not for minecraft v1.6.4? You've lost me. Why is it labeled for minecraft 1.5+/1.6+ then?

When you click the download link you'll find two zips. One is for Minecraft 1.5.X (1.5+), and the other is for 1.6.X (1.6+) and up. They won't work if loaded in the incorrect Minecraft version. You tried running the 1.5+ zip for MC 1.6+. Just grab the other zip and it will work.
    Quote from jmarlo

Are you telling me that Carpenter's mod v1.98 is not for minecraft v1.6.4? You've lost me. Why is it labeled for minecraft 1.5+/1.6+ then?

When you click on the 'Carpenter's Blocks' download link it takes you through adfly to his Google Drive folder. If you hover your mouse over the names of the two rightmost files you'll notice one says 1.5+ - meaning it should work for any 1.5.x versions of Minecraft - as well as the far right file, 1.6+, which is what you want to use if you're on 1.6.4.

-edit- Mother of balls, ninja'd by the modmaker.
    Last edited by xeronut: 12/22/2013 4:05:52 PM
    Quote from xeronut

When you click on the 'Carpenter's Blocks' download link it takes you through adfly to his Google Drive folder. If you hover your mouse over the names of the two rightmost files you'll notice one says 1.5+ - meaning it should work for any 1.5.x versions of Minecraft - as well as the far right file, 1.6+, which is what you want to use if you're on 1.6.4.

-edit- Mother of balls, ninja'd by the modmaker.

Thanks for being patient with my stupid question. Usually, when a mod is on google drive, the one on the right is the api for modders to look at. My bad. I'm only so insistent because your mod is so awesome!
    Great mod. Was wondering if there are any HD textures fir this?
    Life is a Learning Curve....
    Unfortunately, you're stuck on the bottom...amongst the bones of the stupid.
    Quote from Furious1964

Great mod. Was wondering if there are any HD textures fir this?

There are no official ones (yet) however there are a few unofficial HD textures out there currently. Be aware that most of them are outdated currently as Mineshopper has been adding lots of features and new blocks. One thing I will say in reference to HD textures and this mod, almost everything in this mod is covered thus taking the texture of the exterior block. If you use an HD texture pack then when the mod's blocks are covered it will appear as the texture pack you use.

I personally might make an HD texture pack down the road. If anyone has made any texture's for this mod please share them, especially if they are up to date. They may get linked in the OP if so. Thanks!
    Quote from jmarlo

Thanks for being patient with my stupid question. Usually, when a mod is on google drive, the one on the right is the api for modders to look at. My bad. I'm only so insistent because your mod is so awesome!

It wasn't really a stupid question though - at least on *my* screen, unless you mouse over the file name, it looks like two identical files. Just a simple mistake, probably made by a few people before (I'll admit to downloading the wrong version the first time I accessed the drive). :) Good luck!
    Last edited by xeronut: 12/22/2013 7:22:56 PM
    Is there any way to lock a block so that clicking on it while holding an overlay item by accident won't apply the overlay? Or a way to make it use shift-right-click to apply overlays instead of just right-click?
    how do you get walls in this mod??

Quote from ShadowDrakken

Is there any way to lock a block so that clicking on it while holding an overlay item by accident won't apply the overlay? Or a way to make it use shift-right-click to apply overlays instead of just right-click?

Not yet.

Quote from ninja542

You mean vertical slabs? Right click the Carpenter's Block with a hammer. Or use Forge Multipart microblocks.
    Is there a way to rotate the collapsible blocks so that the slopes aren't on the top, but instead on the sides or bottom?
    Quote from ninja542

Are you talking about the carpenter's Barrier?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes