Natura is a mod that aims to spice up the world with interesting worldgen. With a few small additions, hunger no longer has to be about hunting animals early game. The mod is mostly intuitive; everything should be sensible or explained in-game.
1.6.X Downloads Stable version, recommended for servers
2.1.14 - Download
1.5.X Downloads Stable version, recommended for servers
22.214.171.124 - Download
- A whole bunch of new nether content
- Netherrack furnace, hopper, pressure plate, button, lever,
- Respawn obelisk
- Heat glass, soul glass
- Blaze rails and hopper
- Heatscar spider size should be correct
- Imphide armor should render correctly
- Bad retrogen! No cookie!
- Fixed a couple crash bugs
- Retrogen config option added.
- Fixed imp armor rendering weird
- Fixed Saguaro renderer
- MFR support removed
- FMP support added
- Various other fixes
- Changed barley breeding to be in line with new Forge events
- Cleaned up many missing textures
- Fixed glowshroom icons doing bad things
- Added more localizations
- Added lang file support
- Fixed some weirdness with fences
- Stair recipes now give proper amounts of blocks
- Topiary blue and autumn grass has color
- Added buttons, stairs, pressure plates, fence gates, and trapdoors for all the wood planks
- Fixed a bug where slabs broke instantly
- (1.6.2) Fixed mob textures
- Added plank slabs
- Custom crafting tables now have the [?] functionality in NEI
- Added Topiary grass blocks. Also blue and red versions!
- Custom crafting tables registered in the ore dictionary as "crafterWood" and "craftingTableWood".
- Certain wood types are wood material instead of vine material now
- Re-added the bedrock ceiling to prevent spawns on top of the nether.
- All wood and soil should be easily harvestable with axes and shovels now
- Fixed a bug with maple leaves having the wrong icon
- Added Treecapitator IMC support
- Fixed a bug where saplings wouldn't plant
- Nerfed nether spiders
- MFR compat added
- Bloodwood saplings should grow on ceilings now
- Bonemeal and bone bags have been fixed
- Ethereal Glowshrooms can be walked through now
- BoP and Natura's Nether should play nice now.
- Spawn eggs can be used in dispensers.
- Heatscar spiders have been improved.
- Fixed end generation
- Fixed other generation mishaps
- All references to TConstruct should be removed
- Bluebells have a name, can be turned into blue dye, and grow on grass with bonemeal
- Willow trees no longer drop darkwood saplings and now grow by rivers
- Cotton is no longer spammable with bonemeal, but drops more seeds
- Tigerwood planks now have a recipe
- Berry bushes can be grown with bonemeal
- Added proper names to mobs
- Added spawn eggs
- Moved Nitro Creepers to Natura
- Heatscar Spiders can spawn with riders
- Added Thaumcraft aspects to items
- Berry bushes should be harvestable with thaumcraft golems now
- Added a whole lot of nether content
- Added a few rare overworld trees
- Fixed infinite bonemeal bag usage
- Fixed clouds being replaceable
- Added a bag of bonemeal
- Doors now drop an item when they break
- Overworld Berries now stop at full saturation
- Nether berries can be eaten up to full saturation
- Fixed a bunch of problems with Barley
- Fixed cotton giving sulfur on left-click
- Fixed a couple bugs with bloodwood branch blocks
- Fixed a bit of internal weirdness to cooperate with MineFactory Reloaded
- Changed cotton to function like berry bushes. No more re-planting, hurrah!
- Saguaro cactus can be smelted into cactus greens
- Berry bushes no longer place weirdly
- Berry bushes can be placed on top of fully-grown bushes
- Redwood saplings now respect their height level
- Wild plants now respect buildcraft quarries
- Bags of barley no longer crash the game on uncrafting
- Doors no longer stack improperly
- Redwood trees do not punch through bedrock
- Generation now respects MystCraft void ages
- Fixed a bug with certain wood blocks and sounds
- Fixed a bug where right-clicking on sheep or cows would crash the game
- Fixed a bug where nether berry bushes wouldn't use fancy graphics
- Fixed missing better berry medley recipe
- Added some Forestry and ore dictionary support for berries
- Barley now works for breeding
- Added nether berries. They're just a little bit evil
- Fixed a bug where overworld berry bushes wouldn't generate
- Fixed a bug where the player and villages would spawn on clouds
- Fixed a bug where sakura and redwood trees would drop apples
- Standardized config file. Generation for each plant can be disabled individually
- Changed cloud recipes: 9 ash clouds into one charcoal, 4 sulfur clouds into 1 sulfur powder, 4 sulfur powder into 1 gunpowder
- Fixed a bug where doors would crash the game while mining them.
- Fixed a bug with door textures
- Removed debug "tick" messages
Spotlight by robplaysminecraft
A few screenshots:
Q: Does this mod have any earlier versions?
A: The mod used to be part of InfiCraft as Flora & Soma. If you rename FloraSoma.txt to Natura.txt and move it out of the InfiCraft folder, it may work. It may not, things have changed.
Installation and Troubleshooting
First, make sure you've downloaded and installed Minecraft Forge. (alternate) Natura goes in the mods folder inside .minecraft or your server's mods folder.
If you're still having problems: run this Error Test and post the results on this thread.
This mod is covered under the Creative Commons 3.0 license. Modpacks are encouraged, feel free to do anything you like with it. I only ask that you enjoy it!
But I read the OP three times through, and I still can't figure out what you mean by "With a few small additions, hunger no longer has to be about hunting animals early game". I see several really cool trees, but don't see anything edible. Also, I can't figure out how it relates to Tinkers Construct (which I've heard of but never used). Is this an add-on for that mod?
They are really cool trees though. Think I'm going to have to check this mod out, if it doesn't require another mod to run.
Tinkers Construct is a great mod that pairs with this ( I've not found out yet either, but it will happen )
There are also more than just trees, there are bushes with new fruits, barley kinda like wheat, and cotton for string and wool. I'm sure I've not found everything that there is to define this mod. The beauty of it is that mDiyo didn't let on what all encompasses this mod, letting you the rare opportunity to discover the possibilities. But, if you look through the config and java files you get a pretty good idea of what you're up against. There's also a multitude of crafting guides that help as well.