1.7.2 1.6.4 1.6.2 1.5.2 Forge

Food Plus MOD (More food than you can imagine!) [v2.9.5rS/v2.9.5bU]--UPD:29/06/2014

Quote from JoseTheCrafter

Hello! Thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it!
    The strawberry milkshake has now been fixed (thank you very much). About the bread and butter pudding texture, I'll make a new one according to the vanilla aspect, don't worry ;) -I don't like it very much...-. Oh, and I also changed the crafting of the ice, I think using ice cubes is better (you can craft it easily), thank you -again- for the idea.
    Awesome! Glad I could help!!!
    OMG THE 1.6.4 update is almost out! CAN't WAIT!!! :steve_lol:
    At which layers can I find salt ore
    You should add salt in lakes as well :)
    Can I do a Danish translation?
    Wazzup dude!!!! :Notch:

I love your mod,but i think there's some food missing from my country,Brazil.So I gonna make the following:Create a Food Mod with only brazilian foods who can be installed with YOUR mod to increase the food variety.And i'm gonna put in my mod topic a link to this topic with all the good recommendations.See you soon :)
    Quote from martin045k
    Can I do a Danish translation?

Hello! Of course you can! I'll send you the translation file. It's super simple to edit so you won't have any problems.

Quote from Painho_Birkin
    Wazzup dude!!!! :Notch: I love your mod,but i think there's some food missing from my country,Brazil.So I gonna make the following:Create a Food Mod with only brazilian foods who can be installed with YOUR mod to increase the food variety.And i'm gonna put in my mod topic a link to this topic with all the good recommendations.See you soon :)
    At the moment I don't have an API, so I don't know how you can get your items working with my stuff. I'd like to make an API soon, but I have a lot of things to do. Anyway, I hope you can create that mod :3!
    This mod is pretty cool!
    I do suggest buffing the foods, a lot of them actually give less hunger then their ingredients combined.
    Also, maybe you should make some type of satisfaction system in the future to balance out foods.
    Because why not put the RPG test thing on my signature?
    Quote from Scottnov

This mod is pretty cool!
    I do suggest buffing the foods, a lot of them actually give less hunger then their ingredients combined.
    Also, maybe you should make some type of satisfaction system in the future to balance out foods.

Hello! Yes, it's a good idea! I'll try to rewrite the hunger they give to make them more useful. At the moment I'm very busy trying to make something with NEI, so I'd like to do it for the *future* 2.8 version. Thank you for the idea :3 (and for your support)!
    Last edited by JoseTheCrafter: 10/23/2013 8:30:32 AM

Hello! Of course you can! I'll send you the translation file. It's super simple to edit so you won't have any problems.

At the moment I don't have an API, so I don't know how you can get your items working with my stuff. I'd like to make an API soon, but I have a lot of things to do. Anyway, I hope you can create that mod :3!

Don't worry,I just need to get the furniture mod API and you itens ID and i can make it
    This work for 164 yet? I know that alot of mods that work for 162 also work for 164 so just wanted to check.
    Quote from cosmicthing2

This work for 164 yet? I know that alot of mods that work for 162 also work for 164 so just wanted to check.

Hello! I don't know if it's 1.6.4 compatible because the code usually changes between minor versions, but I'm waiting for translators to release the 1.6.4 version (2.7).
    do you have this for 1.6.4 couldn't find it. sorry for bad english :(
    Quote from CrafternMiner96

do you have this for 1.6.4 couldn't find it. sorry for bad english :(

Hello! Unfortunately I don't have the 2.7 version yet (1.6.4) because I'm waiting for the translators to give me their translations. I'll post the new version as soon as I can. Sorry for the inconvenience!
    Hi!

Well I've been playing with this mod for a little longer now, and I think I'm ready to contribute my comments/suggestions.
    I know you're about to update, so just disregard anything you've already fixed/added.

To start, I'll mention the bugs/problems/etc. that I've noticed:

First of all, pizzas seem to melt like snow:

Second, if you put ice cream in the middle of the workbench, you get ice cream in cones without actually having to use cones.

Third, I can't seem to make the slurpees no matter how many combinations of glasses and ice cubes/ice chunks I try in the worktop.

Finally, the cakes have the same material and step sounds as stone, instead of the material/step sounds of the vanilla cake. (lol!)

And secondly, here are some texture suggestions:

-Fried rice tooks the same as uncooked rice. It's really hard to tell them apart, I'd suggest making the fried rice darker.

-Salt and Flour look too similar to sugar. I would suggest changing the texture slightly (not so much that it looks un-vanillay, but enough that a quick glance could tell them apart. Perhaps by offsetting the top of the salt a bit to the right, or something like that). For the flour, you could even have it be a sack of flour instead of just a pile of flour.

-Bread and butter pudding looks like a book with gold pages. I think you've already fixed that though.

-The ice tray looks like the water should be spilling out the sides. I'd put a glass-looking texture on the sides of the tray. Hmm. Except there's no glass in the recipe. Well there's no glass in the chocolate/strawberry milkshake recipes either.

-The fish and chips and steak and chips look odd. I'd put the steak/fish off to one side of the texture and the chips on the other (so it looks like a good meal).

-Apple pie looks a little too similar to pumpkin pie. I'd make the sides and top more pastry-looking and the middle (visible with the piece taken out) look red or green, like there are apples inside.

-Apple juice looks too white, as if it just turned the glass white. I'd make the glass look normal at the top, but have juice in about 3/4 of the glass.

-The cereal looks kind of odd. I'd make it look more like a bunch of pieces of chocolaty cereal (maybe a bunch of oddly-shaped pieces).

-The rice texture looks a little too straight side to side. I'd make some of the rice pieces turned vertically as well as horizontally.

-The donuts look a bit too much like music discs. I'd shade them so they look more 3D, and make the textures with toppings look like the toppings are on the top (and dripping off the sides perhaps)

Thirdly, worktop recipe suggestions:

-Apple pie should be made more like pumpkin pie (with just an apple, an egg, and sugar. The wheat does make sense though. The milk really doesn't since it doesn't have icing).

-Chocolate (the powder one) should take sugar to make, not just cocoa beans (maybe sugar surrounded by cocoa beans).

-It's not really about recipes, but the liquid chocolate (made with milk) should be called something different. Perhaps milk chocolate?

-You should be able to make buttered bread with just bread slices (and maybe buttered toast with toast?).

-The hamburger and hot dog could involve tomato somehow (for ketchup).

-You should be able to directly craft the block of salt back into 9 salt items (so when you have a 64 stack of salt blocks, instead of placing down each salt block and breaking it, you can instantly uncraft the salt back into 9 stacks of 64 salt).

Finally, last but not least, content suggestions!

-First, I'd suggest multiple types of pizzas, maybe made in a chain.

*For instance you start with a cheese pizza, which you can cook, place down, and eat. Instead, you could craft the raw cheese pizza with beef perhaps to make a pepperoni pizza (which you could also cook, place down, and eat), which you could then craft with, say mutton, cooked meat, cooked chicken, and porkchop to make a meat lover's pizza, or maybe craft with mushrooms to make a mushroom pizza. I would suggest veggies, but there really aren't any in minecraft or this mod that you would normally put on pizza. Unless you added more in the new update.

*Each "tier" of pizza would restore more hunger (and have better hunger saturation) with the meat lover's pizza almost just like eating beef.

-More things you could make with candy. Perhaps you could dye it different colours/flavours like the slurpees.

*It would be really funny if you could eat the candy tools (say you go mining with your candy pickaxe but forget to bring food. Then hey, you can just eat your pickaxe).

*If you could make candy canes (out of red and white candy or something like that), then it would make sense to use them instead of sticks for the candy tools.

-For the refrigerator (by the way, I think it would make more sense to call it a freezer, since that's what it's really doing), you should be able to use blocks of snow as fuel too (and they would last 4x longer than snowballs) just like blocks of coal in furnaces.

*Perhaps the ice chunks and ice cubes, or even ice blocks could be used as fuel too.

*Thanks for fixing the hopper glitch by the way. =)

-Squids could drop raw calamari, which you could cook into fried calamari

-Seaweed could be re-plantable, or drop seeds so you can grow more.

-I know someone just commented about this, so you have probably done it already, but some foods don't restore enough hunger for their ingredients. In particular, the beef pie is made with enough ingredients that each slice should restore at least 3 drumsticks of hunger, and give you the same hunger saturation as beef (or at least bread), but it acts like cake. (If you have fixed it, then just ignore this).

Well, that's enough suggestions for now.

Hopefully you'll find some of my comments useful!

Tmtravlr
    Last edited by Tmtravlr: 10/30/2013 11:07:39 PM

My first signature! =D
    Quote from Tmtravlr

Hi!

Well I've been playing with this mod for a little longer now, and I think I'm ready to contribute my comments/suggestions.
    I know you're about to update, so just disregard anything you've already fixed/added.

To start, I'll mention the bugs/problems/etc. that I've noticed:

First of all, pizzas seem to melt like snow:

Second, if you put ice cream in the middle of the workbench, you get ice cream in cones without actually having to use cones.

Third, I can't seem to make the slurpees no matter how many combinations of glasses and ice cubes/ice chunks I try in the worktop.

Finally, the cakes have the same material and step sounds as stone, instead of the material/step sounds of the vanilla cake. (lol!)

And secondly, here are some texture suggestions:

-Fried rice tooks the same as uncooked rice. It's really hard to tell them apart, I'd suggest making the fried rice darker.

-Salt and Flour look too similar to sugar. I would suggest changing the texture slightly (not so much that it looks un-vanillay, but enough that a quick glance could tell them apart. Perhaps by offsetting the top of the salt a bit to the right, or something like that). For the flour, you could even have it be a sack of flour instead of just a pile of flour.

-Bread and butter pudding looks like a book with gold pages. I think you've already fixed that though.

-The ice tray looks like the water should be spilling out the sides. I'd put a glass-looking texture on the sides of the tray. Hmm. Except there's no glass in the recipe. Well there's no glass in the chocolate/strawberry milkshake recipes either.

-The fish and chips and steak and chips look odd. I'd put the steak/fish off to one side of the texture and the chips on the other (so it looks like a good meal).

-Apple pie looks a little too similar to pumpkin pie. I'd make the sides and top more pastry-looking and the middle (visible with the piece taken out) look red or green, like there are apples inside.

-Apple juice looks too white, as if it just turned the glass white. I'd make the glass look normal at the top, but have juice in about 3/4 of the glass.

-The cereal looks kind of odd. I'd make it look more like a bunch of pieces of chocolaty cereal (maybe a bunch of oddly-shaped pieces).

-The rice texture looks a little too straight side to side. I'd make some of the rice pieces turned vertically as well as horizontally.

-The donuts look a bit too much like music discs. I'd shade them so they look more 3D, and make the textures with toppings look like the toppings are on the top (and dripping off the sides perhaps)

Thirdly, worktop recipe suggestions:

-Apple pie should be made more like pumpkin pie (with just an apple, an egg, and sugar. The wheat does make sense though. The milk really doesn't since it doesn't have icing).

-Chocolate (the powder one) should take sugar to make, not just cocoa beans (maybe sugar surrounded by cocoa beans).

-It's not really about recipes, but the liquid chocolate (made with milk) should be called something different. Perhaps milk chocolate?

-You should be able to make buttered bread with just bread slices (and maybe buttered toast with toast?).

-The hamburger and hot dog could involve tomato somehow (for ketchup).

-You should be able to directly craft the block of salt back into 9 salt items (so when you have a 64 stack of salt blocks, instead of placing down each salt block and breaking it, you can instantly uncraft the salt back into 9 stacks of 64 salt).

Finally, last but not least, content suggestions!

-First, I'd suggest multiple types of pizzas, maybe made in a chain.

*For instance you start with a cheese pizza, which you can cook, place down, and eat. Instead, you could craft the raw cheese pizza with beef perhaps to make a pepperoni pizza (which you could also cook, place down, and eat), which you could then craft with, say mutton, cooked meat, cooked chicken, and porkchop to make a meat lover's pizza, or maybe craft with mushrooms to make a mushroom pizza. I would suggest veggies, but there really aren't any in minecraft or this mod that you would normally put on pizza. Unless you added more in the new update.

*Each "tier" of pizza would restore more hunger (and have better hunger saturation) with the meat lover's pizza almost just like eating beef.

-More things you could make with candy. Perhaps you could dye it different colours/flavours like the slurpees.

*It would be really funny if you could eat the candy tools (say you go mining with your candy pickaxe but forget to bring food. Then hey, you can just eat your pickaxe).

*If you could make candy canes (out of red and white candy or something like that), then it would make sense to use them instead of sticks for the candy tools.

-For the refrigerator (by the way, I think it would make more sense to call it a freezer, since that's what it's really doing), you should be able to use blocks of snow as fuel too (and they would last 4x longer than snowballs) just like blocks of coal in furnaces.

*Perhaps the ice chunks and ice cubes, or even ice blocks could be used as fuel too.

*Thanks for fixing the hopper glitch by the way. =)

-Squids could drop raw calamari, which you could cook into fried calamari

-Seaweed could be re-plantable, or drop seeds so you can grow more.

-I know someone just commented about this, so you have probably done it already, but some foods don't restore enough hunger for their ingredients. In particular, the beef pie is made with enough ingredients that each slice should restore at least 3 drumsticks of hunger, and give you the same hunger saturation as beef (or at least bread), but it acts like cake. (If you have fixed it, then just ignore this).

Well, that's enough suggestions for now.

Hopefully you'll find some of my comments useful!

Tmtravlr

Hello! Thank you very much, I really appreciate your comment and I found it super useful! I've fixed the bugs that you've noticed and others that I noticed later x'D. Pizzas won't smelt anymore (yaaaaay). I also have remade some textures, added (and changed) some crafting recipes and I'll try to implement your ideas in the 1.7.1 or so. Thank you again :3!
    Hi.Minecraft 1.6.2, mod 2.5, NEI don't show recipes. Is it normal?
    Also,

Last edited by Proff1t_94: 11/5/2013 9:44:19 AM
    Quote from Proff1t_94

Hi.Minecraft 1.6.2, mod 2.5, NEI don't show recipes. Is it normal?
    Also,

Hello! Yes, it's normal. I've added the NEI compatibility in the 2.7, not in the 2.5. However, you have to use the "worktop" instead of the workbench.

use the "worktop" instead of the workbench.

Ah, thanks.
    Hello, just letting you know using 2.5 on 1.6.4 gives crash. I put out all mods except Forge to post an error report for you.
    I hope it may be of use. In case you need a german translation, let me help.
    Last edited by PenzRules: 11/7/2013 1:34:54 AM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes