1.7.2 1.6.4 1.7.10

Fossils and Archeology Revival Build 6.3 - Now with more 1.7! [UPDATED July 27, 2014]

Cultivator chance hasn't been changed.

I don't think we'll be heading out the door any time soon. :) We have a lot of lofty ideas and goals for where we want to take this mod; both in terms of dinosaurs and otherwise. One of these days we'll get around to laying out a road map we can post.

I've talked to two people who showed interest in helping with coding, which will help ease a lot of strain.
    Quote from 4f6f3b

Cultivator chance hasn't been changed.

I don't think we'll be heading out the door any time soon. :) We have a lot of lofty ideas and goals for where we want to take this mod; both in terms of dinosaurs and otherwise. One of these days we'll get around to laying out a road map we can post.

I've talked to two people who showed interest in helping with coding, which will help ease a lot of strain.
    if your adding more dinosaurs add carnotaurus and iguanadon and megladon (massive shark!!)
    Fossils and archaeology mod: Prehistoric park edition
    Quote from katsareawsome

if your adding more dinosaurs add carnotaurus and iguanadon and megladon (massive shark!!)

I'm sorry! Now i am childish a little bit, but

MEG must come in this mod...
    A Megalodon would be a wet Dream... and a very fearsome too...
    If mo creatures does add dinosaurs, yours will be better by far, people can request mobs here and be listened to, meanwhile on his thread, he does a reply every 100-200 posts! Your mod is better, cooler, and not hd. (Not to say I'm not proud of being the first guy other than the team with an account to see the first public screenshot of the wyverns...)

Rather than Megalodon, Whorl shark/ helicoprion!

^Check out this suggestion for vanilla Minecraft, and show your support.

I would also recommend that you check out the WIP Primal Craftage Mod: http://www.minecraft......

You can find my minecraft models for various mods here, but keep in mind, it needs anupdate desperately: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/mods-discussion/1406391-mushroomsocks-model-suggestions-for-the-fossils
    will the new dinosaur be a compsognathus because i saw an egg in the texture folder. or do you have more ideas not just dinosaurs
    This is another skin but for the ptera.
    If you want to, anyone can replace their ptera with this
    Last edited by tristin82: 6/28/2013 3:20:20 AM
    So is it a known bug about the tablets not placing right? ive tried several times but for some reason the tablets will place but they are not visible. it happens like 90% of the time for me.
    Last edited by DanTheMormonian: 6/27/2013 2:33:52 PM
    Quote from tyranno66

First of all, you can't just come on and immediately start wanting to change something. Second, you know we already have a guy for this stuff right? And third, who the hell told you that we are going to change the blue-ish raptor anyways?

Very sorry to get into the argument, but plz note that he said they are not official
    hey man I love your mod it awesome but there is a problem I got a stone javelin (got it from a villager) and I am also running you mod right next to mo creatures and twilight forest mods and I find that when I use javelins against mobs (any kind from other mods) they simple disappear after they hit them they still work against vanilla mobs. I know your busy with reviving this mod and I am happy you are and its great even though I haven't gotten into the major part of this mod yet it awesome and I can't wait to see what you come up with next but I thought I would let you know about it. When and if you have time I would like it if you fixed this problem. it doesn't have to be anytime soon as I have a lot of other mods I am using in conjunction with your mod and I plan to do everything I can think of for now. P.S This mod is EPIC!
    Last edited by Frontroxes: 6/27/2013 8:48:03 PM
    Quote from tyranno66

Actually, by the looks of it, they are going to make their own models and it is planned to add dinosaurs in the game (the strange thing is that they are considered "fictional"). Plus, it'd be the opposite. People wanting to get this mod working with mo'creatures will just stop being here, because they'd already have dinosaurs in there. And mo'creatures, being the popular mod it is, will attract the people who'd elsewhere will come here :/ . Plus, for what should we even contact them, just because we have a dino mod? I don't see the point of it :/

As RetroKing pointed out, your mod is about much more than just the mobs =) And I'm happy to see 4f6f3b expressing his enthusiasm too =) That's all you need, Tyranno... More enthusiasm! =) Don't let the big mod Mo Creatures intimidate you. I still feel that, them adding dinosaurs to the game will mean more people will look up dinosaurs in Minecraft and your mod will become more popular a) because it has been around for longer and B) because it really has so much more to it. You forget how many really big Youtubers have made series with your mod. (Including me, one of the biggest! =P).

Anyway, just cheer up about it all. Remember that whatever happens, you guys have many faithful followers who will stick to your mod no matter what.
    Quote from DanTheMormonian

So is it a known bug about the tablets not placing right? ive tried several times but for some reason the tablets will place but they are not visible. it happens like 90% of the time for me.

Between that and them shifting up, yeah it's something we've been trying to figure out why they do that.

Quote from Frontroxes

hey man I love your mod it awesome but there is a problem I got a stone javelin (got it from a villager) and I am also running you mod right next to mo creatures and twilight forest mods and I find that when I use javelins against mobs (any kind from other mods) they simple disappear after they hit them they still work against vanilla mobs. I know your busy with reviving this mod and I am happy you are and its great even though I haven't gotten into the major part of this mod yet it awesome and I can't wait to see what you come up with next but I thought I would let you know about it. When and if you have time I would like it if you fixed this problem. it doesn't have to be anytime soon as I have a lot of other mods I am using in conjunction with your mod and I plan to do everything I can think of for now. P.S This mod is EPIC!

I'll log an issue on github about it, thank you for bringing it up.

Quote from JodyVL

As RetroKing pointed out, your mod is about much more than just the mobs =) And I'm happy to see 4f6f3b expressing his enthusiasm too =) That's all you need, Tyranno... More enthusiasm! =) Don't let the big mod Mo Creatures intimidate you. I still feel that, them adding dinosaurs to the game will mean more people will look up dinosaurs in Minecraft and your mod will become more popular a) because it has been around for longer and B) because it really has so much more to it. You forget how many really big Youtubers have made series with your mod. (Including me, one of the biggest! =P).

Anyway, just cheer up about it all. Remember that whatever happens, you guys have many faithful followers who will stick to your mod no matter what.

Thanks for the support!
    When is the server updating?!

PROUD USER OF THE STEVE SKIN
    First off I would like to thank the developers of this mod it is quite fun to experiment with. I actually enjoy this over mo creatures because it isnt just throwng you amongst the wolves so to speak but lets you jump into it when you think you are ready or get in way over your head if you arent careful. I am adding this to my current server for a mad scientist feel. But I had a few questions what is the point of Sarracina I have been testing it out before adding it and smoothing over some bugs but I dont get the use of it?
    Can you add megladons for a sea monster in the deep ocean . How about new biomes back in the different ages
    Quote from ULiopleurodon

When is the server updating?!

When I finish setting it up! Harddrive completely failed on me the other day, need to get situation again first.

First off I would like to thank the developers of this mod it is quite fun to experiment with. I actually enjoy this over mo creatures because it isnt just throwng you amongst the wolves so to speak but lets you jump into it when you think you are ready or get in way over your head if you arent careful. I am adding this to my current server for a mad scientist feel. But I had a few questions what is the point of Sarracina I have been testing it out before adding it and smoothing over some bugs but I dont get the use of it?

Right now it's purely decorative only in creative.

Quote from Endguy14

Can you add megladons for a sea monster in the deep ocean . How about new biomes back in the different ages

More water creatures will definitely be planned! We have stuff planned for that as well.
    Quote from JodyVL

Yeah, I know. We even have new cool archeology plans and not to spoil anything, it'll be like real archeology.
    Please don't let this die!
    So can someone please just tell me if the way to tame T-rexs has changed. Please!!. i assumed it had because the wiki had changed but now its changed back and says the same thing as before. Ive read the posts and seen the videos on how to tame one but ive killed like 6 rexes and im really tired of growing them and then just having them die while im trying to tame them. You dont need to tell me how if its changed but please let me know if its a bug or glitch or if it has changed. Please and thank you, i really do love this mod, so thank you to everyone who has worked and continues to work on it.
    I noticed that there are two green triceratops skins so I made these in place of one:

Screenshot:

Constructive Criticism is welcome
    Last edited by tristin82: 6/28/2013 4:32:52 AM
    Quote from tristin82

This is another skin but for the ptera.
    If you want to, anyone can replace their ptera with this

Plz make more of these I want to0 try some!! :P
    Quote from klexwbaim

Plz make more of these I want to0 try some!! :P

Of course I will make more. I'm working on a primal carnage like Dilophosaurus :)
    Last edited by tristin82: 6/28/2013 5:07:14 AM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes