1.6.4 1.7.10

Tinkers Construct

Quote from 360infenenrsorce

mDiyo what about adding it so that if you put the frying pan over the fire as the block version you don't need coal to run it?

You'd have to have a way of holding it -- frying pans don't magically float over fireplaces. But if that could be worked out, I support this idea.
    Upcoming TC4 Additional Aspects Addon -- give mod blocks aspect values! Want to help? Click and read!
    KBI Enriched Gravel Mod -- sift out nuggets and chunks and make gravel useful! (Outdated)
    Tinker's Construct Recovery Addon -- get back some of your half-used tool materials! (Outdated)
    It could work maybe if there is a block the frying pan is connect to, but why can`t i enchant a weapon/tool with the electric modifier?
    Thinking about doing skins for others.
    Quote from Qwertygiy

You'd have to have a way of holding it -- frying pans don't magically float over fireplaces. But if that could be worked out, I support this idea.
    thanks
    I love this mod so much thanks mDiyo but how are golems going to work when this has thaumcraft compatibility will they have same models ?

I have some ideas for modules too redstone more power (if they will use power) thaumium allows to insert magic modules

Maybe you can add special elemental ingots or use the vis shards for modules maybe you can also add compatibility to the clothes and armor for the golems that thaumcraft uses or you could add your own

Maybe different types of metel golems can do a larger amount of things also restrictions no dirt golems or sand but sandstone go ahead because dirt isn't really something that people would build out of
    Maybe a secal abilety for a slime golem can jump high? Otherwise can't wait until golems and armor I don't have to many ideas for armor but in factorization there is an upgrade where you can where a piston a nd push blocks with a certain key.
    Quote from Qwertygiy

I want to see TConstruct add the simplest multi-block structure: the oven :P
    What do I do if my game crashes everytime I try to use the part builder?
    360infenenrsorce: The designs say the frying pan is supposed to do that. It's also supposed to be attached to a cooking system I haven't made yet.

113820: Electric needs a circuit and a battery.

360infenenrsorce: A golem is an inanimate object brought to life. I will not be limiting myself to what other mods can do.

joeyjam: I would like to see a multi-block furnace, mhm.

jo88049: Paste an error log. You're probably doing something wrong.
    Quote from mDiyo

Mr_boness: Wands are magic tools. Why wouldn't they belong here? We can tinker just as well with magic as we can with science and golems.

Alright, fair enough, the reason i say this is because theres a mod called the Elemental Tinkerer, which is in a distant sort of way, the same idea as this mod, but with other stuff.
    Sorta like thaumcraft.
    Stop looking at me like that.
    mDiyo will the golems have a unique texture?
    I've gotten my hands dirty with 1.5, and I can say that TConstruct is going to take at least a week before it's to the point it was before. This doesn't count bugfixes for the smeltery or anything else I decide to add. Pretty much everything rendering related is broken to the point of unusability (tools, smeltery, liquids, mobs).

Golems intrigue me enough that they're going to slow down the process a bit. Probably not too much, but I could use some help with the mod if anyone has the skills and interest to make mods.

I have a need for terraria-style crafting. Does anyone know of such a mod, dead or otherwise?
    Last edited by mDiyo: 3/11/2013 5:12:21 PM
    I just tried to download from the main links in the OP -- had an idea for something I wanted to try with the Library and saw you'd silently pushed out an update to the prerelease at some time in the past week and I didn't notice :P

"Error:
    Something went wrong. Don't worry, your files are still safe and the Dropboxers have been notified. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home."
    Upcoming TC4 Additional Aspects Addon -- give mod blocks aspect values! Want to help? Click and read!
    KBI Enriched Gravel Mod -- sift out nuggets and chunks and make gravel useful! (Outdated)
    Tinker's Construct Recovery Addon -- get back some of your half-used tool materials! (Outdated)
    I have some exciting news. The golem factory devs have given me permission to update and use their mod in TConstruct. All hail the golems!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/774113-110-golem-factory-updatejan-16-medusa-and-antigravity-golems/
    Quote from mDiyo

Minseo2000: Liquiducts are pretty near instant. Definitely a lot less laggy.

Oh that's good. Anyways, are there more ways to automate liquid transportation between the smelterly and other things that need molten metals? Othee than BC waterproof pipes and TE liquiducts?
    Quote from Minseo2000

Oh that's good. Anyways, are there more ways to automate liquid transportation between the smelterly and other things that need molten metals? Other than BC waterproof pipes and TE liquiducts?

If there are, I'm not aware of them.

Note that the BC waterproof pipes are a lot easier to make than liquiducts; to make liquiducts, you need (at least):

2 electrum ingots
    (and thusly)
    2 gold dust
    2 silver dust

1 hardened glass
    (and thusly)
    1 lead dust
    2 obsidian dust
    (makes 2)

(for making the dusts)
    1 IC2 Macerator, Metallurgy 2 Crusher, or TE Pulverizer

(for making the hardened glass)
    1 TE Induction Smelter (requires 2 gold ingots, 7 iron ingots, 2 copper ingots, 2 Invar ingots, 2 redstone dust, and 4 glass)

to make 4 liquiducts.

Wheras BC waterproof pipes, you just need 2 wooden planks, 2 pieces of cobblestone, 2 pieces of glass, and 2 cactuses to make 8 wooden and 8 cobble waterproof pipes. The only machinery required is some kind of furnace and a regular crafting table.

That said, that is precisely why I prefer TE liquiducts over BC pipes ;)
    Last edited by Qwertygiy: 3/12/2013 8:40:01 AM
    Quote from Minseo2000

Oh that's good. Anyways, are there more ways to automate liquid transportation between the smelterly and other things that need molten metals? Othee than BC waterproof pipes and TE liquiducts?

The only other method I can think of is using DenOfLions's Liquid Registry, which adds containers for any liquid added to forge's fluid registry, filling containers using some form of liquid filler, and then transferring the items. There're only a handful of actual liquid transport systems, really...
    I've caught a lovely virus that only knows the word PAIN. Progress is understandably slowed, sleepless nights abound. Yay?

Minseo2000: I have aqueducts planned for automation of sorts. They don't exist yet, and I'm not really a fan of automation, just shiny liquids flowing everywhere.

joeyjam: I have buckets of liquid metal for the smeltery, albeit they're not cooperative right now.
    Tip: Use the Unlocker to delete files that contain viruses since they are usually not allowed to be deleted

Quote from mDiyo

Minseo2000: I have aqueducts planned for automation of sorts. They don't exist yet, and I'm not really a fan of automation, just shiny liquids flowing everywhere.

joeyjam: I have buckets of liquid metal for the smeltery, albeit they're not cooperative right now.

To pull over from a recent post in Minefactory Reloaded that I made:

Quote from Qwertygiy

Or, if you really want to go with a multi-block sort of thing, you could add a couple types of liquid blocks, a still block and a flowing block, and, using tile entity data, make them work with all of the Liquid Dictionary :D And then you'd have to build actual aquaducts to make them flow, and use pumps and whatnot to lift them up blocks and then have liquid gatherers and drainers and whatnot for your machines :D

Very little automation, very much multi-block structure creativity.

Quote from Avskygod0

Tip: Use the Unlocker to delete files that contain viruses since they are usually not allowed to be deleted

Heh, I think mDiyo meant the physical kind of virus... if a computer virus is giving you sleepless nights, you have an addiction to break somewhere.

Hope you feel better soon. Being sick sucks. :/
    Last edited by Qwertygiy: 3/12/2013 2:29:40 PM
    Will you be able to put enchantments on these items? Please?
    Quote from Qwertygiy

If there are, I'm not aware of them.

Note that the BC waterproof pipes are a lot easier to make than liquiducts; to make liquiducts, you need (at least):

2 electrum ingots
    (and thusly)
    2 gold dust
    2 silver dust

1 hardened glass
    (and thusly)
    1 lead dust
    2 obsidian dust
    (makes 2)

(for making the dusts)
    1 IC2 Macerator, Metallurgy 2 Crusher, or TE Pulverizer

(for making the hardened glass)
    1 TE Induction Smelter (requires 2 gold ingots, 7 iron ingots, 2 copper ingots, 2 Invar ingots, 2 redstone dust, and 4 glass)

to make 4 liquiducts.

Wheras BC waterproof pipes, you just need 2 wooden planks, 2 pieces of cobblestone, 2 pieces of glass, and 2 cactuses to make 8 wooden and 8 cobble waterproof pipes. The only machinery required is some kind of furnace and a regular crafting table.

That said, that is precisely why I prefer TE liquiducts over BC pipes ;)

electrum is for redstone energy conduts not liquiducts
    liquiducts use copper not electrum
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes