1.6.4 1.7.10

Tinkers Construct

Quote from mDiyo

I believe it is time to move on. Next project go!

cpypcy: Metallurgy is not using the ore dictionary properly. There's entries for every mod but it.

So... Armor...? This will be very awesome.
    thanks AngelFeather :) (life-long learning, education without graduation ;) )
    Quote from JHoliness

Apologies if this has already been answered.

I'm using 1.6.2, Forge 804 and latest TConstruct. When I apply the luck modifier to my pick (enough to get the "fortune" enchant (which causes the pick to glow)), my client starts lagging pretty badly and I have no idea why.

Im having this Exact same Problem. The Lag is Unbearable. Before i was getting 80 FPS. Now with the Tool Equiped. i get 2 At most 10
    Quote from mDiyo

1.6.2 Downloads

Development version, DOES contain bugs! Fluids do not transfer across saves. Make sure you have the most recent version and report all bugs on this thread.
    1.4.dev.24 - Download, Direct

Awesome!
    I'll be watching for the thread title to change to 1.6.2 (signifying to me a stable release for that MC version.) Keep up the great work and WOW.

TheCountChuckula's Mods on CurseForge
    Hey mDiyo, i just wanted to say thanks for the awesome mod, and thanks for all the work you do to help support not just your mod but modpacks , such as magic farm, as well. Just thought i'd drop by and try to show you some gratitude for your awesomeness :)
    Without minecraft id have to go outside....its bright out there...does anyone have the dimmer switch for the sun?
    Found a bug.

I smelted silver ore , and when I dumped it into the basin, it turned it into blocks of lead.

I looked over my config files, and there are no ID conflicts.

Using 1.4.dev.23 for 1.5.2
    Last edited by Daraku_Dakara: 7/30/2013 10:49:32 PM
    I seem to be having an issue with this mod. I've been using it in the FTB Unleashed pack, and I've been looking for a solution to this all over.

I noticed that I can't use any items listed as 'materials' in the books (Cactus, Bone, Flint, Stone, etc) with the more advanced wooden stencils. I make the wooden stencil of the Scythe Head for example, and I can't use -any- material to get a tool part (This happens with the Tough Tool Binding, Tough Tool Rod as well, but to keep this feedback straight forward, I'm using the Scythe head as my example). After hunting around on the web, I saw that you can/need to put the wooden stencils into the casting table of the smeltery and then pour either liquid Gold, or Aluminum Brass over it to make a cast of that pattern- the issue is, it doesn't work. I click the faucet, and nothing pours over the wooden patterns, and I have the same amount of liquid as I started with. I am unable to make ANY of the advanced tool parts using either of these methods, and it's incredibly frustrating. If anyone can help, knows what the heck I'm doing wrong, or if you have this problem as well, some input or ideas would be greatly appreciated! I tried this this both gold and Aluminum with the same results- faucets didn't turn on. (Screenshots incoming)

Trying to use materials with the wooden cast on the Part Builder to make a part to cast:

Trying to pour molten gold from the smeltery onto the wooden stencils:

Last edited by Wolfofthenyght: 7/30/2013 11:25:25 PM
    Quote from Wolfofthenyght

I seem to be having an issue with this mod. I've been using it in the FTB Unleashed pack, and I've been looking for a solution to this all over.

I noticed that I can't use any items listed as 'materials' in the books (Cactus, Bone, Flint, Stone, etc) with the more advanced wooden stencils. I make the wooden stencil of the Scythe Head for example, and I can't use -any- material to get a tool part (This happens with the Tough Tool Binding, Tough Tool Rod as well, but to keep this feedback straight forward, I'm using the Scythe head as my example). After hunting around on the web, I saw that you can/need to put the wooden stencils into the casting table of the smeltery and then pour either liquid Gold, or Aluminum Brass over it to make a cast of that pattern- the issue is, it doesn't work. I click the faucet, and nothing pours over the wooden patterns, and I have the same amount of liquid as I started with. I am unable to make ANY of the advanced tool parts using either of these methods, and it's incredibly frustrating. If anyone can help, knows what the heck I'm doing wrong, or if you have this problem as well, some input or ideas would be greatly appreciated! (Screenshots incoming)

Trying to use materials with the wooden cast on the Part Builder to make a part to cast:

Trying to pour molten gold from the smeltery onto the wooden stencils:

Judging from the pictures your not using enough materials, the scythe pattern required 8 materials where as your only trying to use 1.

Also you need to make the parts first and put them on the casting table as the cast needs to form around them
    Quote from yosomith

Judging from the pictures your not using enough materials, the scythe pattern required 8 materials where as your only trying to use 1.

Also you need to make the parts first and put them on the casting table as the cast needs to form around them

The issue is, I -can't- make the parts. Did you look at the first three screen shots? Do you know what should be making the Scythe head, cause I think I've tried all the materials in the books. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by 'not enough materials'. : / I've never used this mod before, and I'd like to use it, but it just seems really confusing.

Edit: Ok. Wait a second. I think I see what you're trying to get at. Lemme try something.

Edit2: Well, I feel a bit dumb. I didn't understand what that 'Materials Cost' was under the title of the pattern was so I ignored it (Do any of the books explain that?). I get it now. Ok! Sorry for the misunderstanding. I tried incredibly hard to find wiki's or youtube videos about this mod so I could learn how to use it, but everyone writing that stuff and making those vids seemed as clueless as I was xD Thanks for your help. Sorry!
    Last edited by Wolfofthenyght: 7/30/2013 11:32:41 PM

The issue is, I -can't- make the parts. Did you look at the first three screen shots? Do you know what should be making the Scythe head, cause I think I've tried all the materials in the books. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by 'not enough materials'. : / I've never used this mod before, and I'd like to use it, but it just seems really confusing.

Ok what I mean about not enough materials is where you have put down the stone/flint/obsidian put a stack of 8 there instead.

here is a picture of what I mean:

Edit: Ok. Wait a second. I think I see what you're trying to get at. Lemme try something.

Edit2: Well, I feel a bit dumb. I didn't understand what that 'Materials Cost' was under the title of the pattern was so I ignored it (Do any of the books explain that?). I get it now. Ok! Sorry for the misunderstanding. I tried incredibly hard to find wiki's or youtube videos about this mod so I could learn how to use it, but everyone writing that stuff and making those vids seemed as clueless as I was xD Thanks for your help. Sorry!

As for watching videos on the mod I would suggest looking into Direwolf20 mod spotlight videos, he does a pretty good job at explaining things (his recent one only covered changes to the mod so you want an earlier one)
    For the record, I discovered my leaf-fletching problem - apparently I had 'hybrid (forestry) oak leaves, which did not work.

Thanks all!
    "Delcar" Shannon A. Ward
    Me confused again ;)
    The version numbering this time: Is 1.4.1.7 older than 1.4.dev23 (for 1.5.2)?
    I.e. the changes logs for releases and dev versions doesn't really show the relations :(

PS. Still get huge lag / long freezes after playing for a while. This started after adding TC. I have a feeling there is a memory leak somewhere. Nothing in logs :(
    A.k.a Lionpaw52
    Quote from JHoliness

Apologies if this has already been answered.

I'm using 1.6.2, Forge 804 and latest TConstruct. When I apply the luck modifier to my pick (enough to get the "fortune" enchant (which causes the pick to glow)), my client starts lagging pretty badly and I have no idea why.

Ditto here. It's only with the enchanting glow on TC tools. Normal enchanted tools don't cause the lag. It happens if I'm holding the item or another player is holding the item and I look at them.
    Quote from ExodusDeath

Im having this Exact same Problem. The Lag is Unbearable. Before i was getting 80 FPS. Now with the Tool Equiped. i get 2 At most 10
    i am having the same problem, but with any modifier that adds the "enchanted" glow i also get that FPS problem when i have a short bow equipped
    before you move on to armor. is it possible, to use aluminum, to make tool parts? thing is, i naturally thought this might be a great material for arrows.

was a little bit disappointed, when i noticed, that i cant cast aluminum arrow heads, or rods. seems to be the only metal, next to gold, that cant be used for tool parts.

(this was still in mc 1.5.2 though)
    Last edited by IStoneI: 7/31/2013 3:20:28 AM
    Hi, I have a question, How do you use a Glowstone Aggregator? And what is it's use?
    Hello I have a question, where can I download Tinkers Construct 1.5.1 1.4.1.7?
    I just found out that you can use Drawbridges to make Pop-up Railcraft structures! http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/DarthrafaelM/media/2013-07-31_123206_zps8499ca37.png.html
    i just loaded FTB unleashed and saw in the log that natura said what are we going to do tomorrow and tconstruct said take over the world lol i found that amusing dang mDiyo brightening up my day

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes