1.6.4 1.7.10

Tinkers Construct

Quote from Jarin

Any chance of getting material info in the red guidebook about bow and arrow materials? Trial-and-error is fun and all, but since the guidebook is already a thing...

Edit: Also, more of a long-term question... any intention of doing anything with armor someday?

It will be in the guidebook eventually, but bows still seem to be in a bit of development. Armor is also planned, and will likely be in the books as well. Will be interesting to see if and what modifiers, etc. :o

Also, I've flipped shovel textures for Tinker's Construct for a more realistic-looking animation, check here:
    http://www.minecraft...hovel-textures/
    I figured it was something like that. Didn't realize 'till I got here just how recently they'd been added to the mod. Anyone figured out any other materials for bowstring other than string? I found slime fletching, but nothing else out of the ordinary...

Really looking forward to armor options. But I expect that's a good ways off, even once all the crazy bugs get hunted down for 1.6.
    Hi may I use this mod in a modpack?
    What does Jagged do when you use catcus to make a tool? I have searched and searched and haven't found anything so i finally posted here!
    As I recall, Jagged is the damage version of Stonebound. Deals more damage when the durability is lower.
    I apologize if this has been answered (I've glanced through a number of pages but not seen it mentioned), but were you planning on adding a Configuration option that disabled the changes to Hunger in order to have IguanaMan's Hunger Overhaul be compatible, mDiyo? I'm not sure whether he asked or was denied the request, but I figured I may as well pop in and ask.

Edited in: Before I forget, I'd like to add that I -am- using Natura as well. Natura doesn't change or touch the Hunger system, but merely adds more items to the world, correct? So I shouldn't move this question over to there, should I?
    Last edited by Ariannae: 7/25/2013 11:09:15 PM
    Quote from Jarin

I figured it was something like that. Didn't realize 'till I got here just how recently they'd been added to the mod. Anyone figured out any other materials for bowstring other than string? I found slime fletching, but nothing else out of the ordinary...

Really looking forward to armor options. But I expect that's a good ways off, even once all the crazy bugs get hunted down for 1.6.

as far as the bowstring, i personally suspect it's got something to do with the essence berries that seem to be in place of the silver oreberries, i also notice an essence crystal and enchanted bowstring as items as well but have not figured out how to craft or make use of either without cheating, personally i've not found any uses for the essence crystal personally but i would guess the enchanted bowstring if cheated in should be useable.
    personally liking the bow i made quite a bit, used slime sticks and very pleasantly surprised. :)
    Quote from Jarin

I figured it was something like that. Didn't realize 'till I got here just how recently they'd been added to the mod. Anyone figured out any other materials for bowstring other than string?

Quote from Too-DAMN-Much

as far as the bowstring, i personally suspect it's got something to do with the essence berries that seem to be in place of the silver oreberries...

The Enchanted Bowstring is part of Thaum compatibility, not part of the essence berry addition.

Quote from Ariannae

I apologize if this has been answered (I've glanced through a number of pages but not seen it mentioned), but were you planning on adding a Configuration option that disabled the changes to Hunger...

Unless it was removed recently, the option to disable hunger changes in the config exists. Last someone posted about it, disabling the changes still did not make Tinkers compatible with hunger Overhaul though.

Quote from fields16

Hi may I use this mod in a modpack?

Read the OP. Bottom of the post, right around.
    Last edited by Kraal: 7/26/2013 12:00:50 AM
    Quote from Kraal
    Unless it was removed recently, the option to disable hunger changes in the config exists. Last someone posted about it, disabling the changes still did not make Tinkers compatible with hunger Overhaul though.

Ah, my bad. Yeah, I'd had that option configured already, I was under the impression that there may have been another configuration change in the works. I'm not sure if IguanaMan had sent mDiyo a PM or not, as it isn't really my business, but I figured I'd drop in to ask as a user of both mods.
    Hey mDiyo you misspelled Thaumiam_arrow_shaft and put Thuamiam, in result there is a missing texture.
    Quote from Too-DAMN-Much

as far as the bowstring, i personally suspect it's got something to do with the essence berries that seem to be in place of the silver oreberries, i also notice an essence crystal and enchanted bowstring as items as well but have not figured out how to craft or make use of either without cheating, personally i've not found any uses for the essence crystal personally but i would guess the enchanted bowstring if cheated in should be useable.
    personally liking the bow i made quite a bit, used slime sticks and very pleasantly surprised. :)

yes. the enchanted bowstring is crafted with enchanted fabric from thaumcraft.

thaumium is actually an amazing material, as it grants an extra modifier, but otherwise has similar properties as steel.

i used it for the handle on my battle axe for example :D

@mdiyo:

since were already talking about thaumium. will it be meltable in the smeltery like the rest of the metals at any point? it feels kind of weird, that its the only metal, that can still be crafted into tool parts with stencils.
    Last edited by IStoneI: 7/26/2013 3:33:19 AM
    Quote from mistalari

Hey mDiyo you misspelled Thaumiam_arrow_shaft and put Thuamiam, in result there is a missing texture.

Huzzah, i manually changed that and it fixed the bug. No clue why I haven't thought of that earlier.
    Ive been playing around with configs and i cant get
    "Remove Vanilla Tool Recipes"=true
    to work.

Have tried in an instance on its own with no other mods and I can still craft wooden tools. Is it broken or not implemented yet?
    MC 1.5.2
    Forge 5.2.23.738
    TConstruct 1.4.1.7

Ideal for me, id like to have the options to disable everything above stone tools and weapons, but turning off everything would be fine really :)
    Quote from IStoneI

@mdiyo:

since were already talking about thaumium. will it be meltable in the smeltery like the rest of the metals at any point? it feels kind of weird, that its the only metal, that can still be crafted into tool parts with stencils.

Quote from mDiyo

Nightmoore: Thaumium is the one metal you can shape in the part builder. Why? Magic!
    Quote from IStoneI

thaumium is actually an amazing material, as it grants an extra modifier, but otherwise has similar properties as steel.

hmm... thanks for the tips, so much for using paper to get an additional modifier! :)
    Quote from Rackattack101

What does Jagged do when you use catcus to make a tool? I have searched and searched and haven't found anything so i finally posted here!

it means, you gain extra weapon damage, as the weapon looses durability.

ok, it kind of makes sense now, why thaumium doesnt have to be cast in the smeltery. formed by magic. i can deal with that ^^

Quote from Too-DAMN-Much

hmm... thanks for the tips, so much for using paper to get an additional modifier! :)

paper is still good, if you want more than one extra modifier. thaumium gives 1 modifier for one part, and 2 extra modifiers for 3 thaumium parts on a tool or weapon.

for example, you could make a manyullyn sword blade, with a thaumium tool rod for the better durability multiplyer than paper, then add a paper hand guard for another modifier (since there is no drawback in using paper for tool bindings and hand guards). the sword would end up with 5 modifiers.

if you made the sword with a thaumium hand guard, it would still only give you one extra modifier (4 total), so it would be kind of a waste. if you made all 3 parts out of thaumium, it would give you 2 extra modifiers again (5 total).

my favourite right now, is a battle axe with a thaumium tool rod, a cactus binding and 2 manyullyn axe heads. for 12k total durability and a lot of damage from the nether quartz and jagged modifier (+ i added beheading) :)
    Last edited by IStoneI: 7/26/2013 5:49:45 AM
    Any way I can change the max. height of the lumber axe to fell naturas huge **** trees?!
    Loving the mod so far - but despite my searching and experimenting, I can't figure out how to make leaf fletching? I've tried Oak, Birch and Spruce Leaves (Spruce Leaves? Really?) with no luck.
    "Delcar" Shannon A. Ward
    since minecraft 1.6 is introducing item modifiers, including the possiblility, that armor increases your total health pool, it might be worthwile to get rid of heart canisters.

instead of a general massive health increase, miniature red hearts could be better off as armor modifiers, where you will have to choose between a bigger health pool, or other useful things.
    Last edited by IStoneI: 7/26/2013 10:20:59 AM
    There is one thing i don't understand, what exactly does the handle modifier change?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes