1.6.4 1.7.10

Tinkers Construct

There is a certain lack of polish with this update. The reason it's stable is because I need a break. The 1.6.2 update broke everything, it's quite stressful, and I don't really want to mod for at least a couple days. You're likely to have this version for the next while.

Cocofang: Messing with other mod recipes is way out of line.

I might be able to whip up some modifiers for LegendGear. Not for awhile though; the API is available for others to use.

Your nagging is unnecessary. Perhaps you need to update Natura? ^^;;

TanisHalfElven: Looks like one of the dev versions of TConstruct that didn't like lava on things. Try updating.

aletissier: There is an end-goal that I am working towards. It helps narrow my focus to only what needs done.

dimion: When I made the bow I didn't realize it needed a 1.5.2 version of Forge. It's been updated with the proper version number since.

jmw86069: Oreberries are supposed to be harvested manually. Golems count as manual because they go and pick the things themselves.

FatBobTheSlob: I'm sorry there's no wiki to spoon-feed you information on a mod that's about experimentation. If you find the information lacking, perhaps you could give me something better?

Assuming that I "can't be bothered to maintain a wiki for information" just tells me that you want to get to the end, not enjoy the journey. Good luck; the last person who tried to do that had 31 variations on pickaxes and none of them stood out as "the best".
    Last edited by mDiyo: 7/15/2013 3:40:26 AM
    Hi, good break mDiyo ;)
    I notice a bug in 1.4 using TE and TK: Putting a Ignous Extruder direct to a Smeltery Controller only reach the first slot of the smeltery, where the way I want is fill all slot.
    Nevermind...
    Last edited by FatBobTheSlob: 7/15/2013 7:00:53 AM
    Quote from Kraal

When you try to access your knapsack, are going through the normal inventory > Armor Gui > Knapsack?
    Or do you use Diyo's shortcut to go straight to the armor gui?

It drops the items in both ways, normal inventory and shortcut key. I will today start out with a fresh installation and add the mods one by one. Then I will report back...
    Quote from Quiesel

I will today start out with a fresh installation and add the mods one by one. Then I will report back...

The bug occurs with TConstruct_1.4.dev.14 and minecraftforge-universal-1.5.2-7.8.1.737
    No other mods installed. I will try other versions now.

With TConstruct_1.4.0 and minecraftforge-universal-1.5.2-7.8.1.738
    The bug is gone!
    Last edited by Quiesel: 7/15/2013 8:35:00 AM
    MDiyo,
    1.4 Changelog pretty pretty please? :D

EDIT: Total dope that I am, I just found the separate "Dev Changelog" spoiler. DUH!
    Last edited by Vaygrim: 7/15/2013 8:26:07 AM
    I currently have TConstruct_1.4.0.RC4.1 for 1.5.2..is the stable 1.4.0 newer? As in I should update?
    Games I play (mainly): PoE, Minecraft, DOTA 2.
    I'm a little confused about the Thaumium support. Is is supposed to melt down in the smeltery? I'm using the latest release and throwing my little purple bars in there with plenty of lava and nothing is happening.
    Quote from Kraal

Is your smeltery controller actually lit? Do you have lava in one of the lava tanks?

yes, all is activate, lava is in the smeltery, it smelt iron gravel and ore but no goldgravle.
    Quote from Nightmoore

I'm a little confused about the Thaumium support. Is is supposed to melt down in the smeltery? I'm using the latest release and throwing my little purple bars in there with plenty of lava and nothing is happening.

Last time I made some thaumium parts, it was in the Part Builder with wooden stencils. Try that one out.
    found some bugs with the bows and arrows: if you take fire on the arrows it dosent work (is it a feature or a bug?) also if i add necronic to the bow it dosent work, same on arrows. you cant take fire on the bow (feature or bug?)
    also here is a suggestion: make it possible to use flamestring from natura as string on the bows, could give it fire power without any modifiers added and maby increase the bows durability but be a bit slower?
    Last edited by sondrex76: 7/15/2013 9:57:10 AM
    Quote from mDiyo

Cocofang: Messing with other mod recipes is way out of line.

I might be able to whip up some modifiers for LegendGear. Not for awhile though; the API is available for others to use.

Your nagging is unnecessary. Perhaps you need to update Natura? ^^;;

Than I'll have to ask nag Azanor if he could provide a config to use your tools :D

Regarding Natura:

Thx for the Cactus thing. But I was also thinking along the lines of the Natura Tools/weapons. Especially regarding the Flamestring. Instead of using normal Natura recipes TC crafting culd be used.

Also have a short question: Since when do Wood Rods exist? Weren't they identical to Stick at one point? Because i wasn't able to craft a bow with normal stick.

Also, while I know that it isn't exactly TC related (and more like Vanilla or Natura) but have you considered giving us different Vanilla sticks (and obviiously fences) since you'v already been so awesome and gave us a bunch of fences.
    I just realized I have no idea where/how to get a knapsack O_o Could anyone please direct me to either where the information can be found (Looked through the books) or explain to me how it's crafted/discovered? Thanks ^_^

Also, mDiyo, I see that the potion launcher is still a test object in the game; have you done anything with it, or has it been put aside? Last time I tried it was a few versions ago and it crashed my game :steve_lol:
    Last edited by Manan6619: 7/15/2013 10:50:40 AM

Also, I've flipped shovel textures for Tinker's Construct for a more realistic-looking animation, check here:
    http://www.minecraft...hovel-textures/
    Heya,
    Great mod here, been having a great time with it. I did encounter one persistent bug though, if you break a smeltery block while liquiducts are connected to it, it causes the world to crash on load up.

Here's the crash:http://pastebin.com/Sr5xXtdM
    Last edited by sinful_spartan: 7/15/2013 12:46:30 PM
    mDiyo did you remove Color Glass panes recipes in 1.4.0 stabel versions?
    I'm a little confused as to how one would go about making an ingot cast because pouring 2 gold into a casting table with an iron, gold, or copper ingot in it doesn't work.
    Last edited by Icet44: 7/15/2013 1:21:59 PM
    Quote from mDiyo

A couple of known bugs have been fixed. I'm bumping the mod up to RC4 just to make sure things are toasty before stable.

I've been working at porting to 1.6 the past few days. I started out with 1124 errors - all of them not easy to solve - and it's been slow going since. I'd estimate a week before anything playable happens, and that's if nothing unexpected comes up. It could be a month, who knows.

aletissier: Gardeslime will be something like a pet. You can train it, it will build or harvest things, and they work best in groups.

TanisHalfElven: Lava chisels seem to work for me. Could I get a crashlog of the dagger faceplant?

Blockmaster139, KillaMike: The grass slabs are in Natura. ;D

Smj: I think I just recognized where the part builder goes wrong. It shouldn't show stats for items that aren't valid in it...

SinisterSi: Wouldn't the hammer be better suited for that?

Isn't the hammer for mining out a 3x3 area? The chisel makse stone blocks into stone bricks, and when you chisel something,
    you might hit it wrong or something.
    Quote from Icet44

I'm a little confused as to how one would go about making an ingot cast because pouring 2 gold into a casting table with an iron, gold, or copper ingot in it doesn't work.

Ingot casts are the only kind of cast that can be made in the stencil table; just put in a blank cast, and if it doesn't show up try pressing 'Next Pattern'.

Also, I've flipped shovel textures for Tinker's Construct for a more realistic-looking animation, check here:
    http://www.minecraft...hovel-textures/
    Quote from Manan6619

I just realized I have no idea where/how to get a knapsack O_o Could anyone please direct me to either where the information can be found (Looked through the books) or explain to me how it's crafted/discovered? Thanks ^_^

XXX
    IGI
    XXX with X=leather, I=Iron tough tool rod, G=gold ingot. But still the recipe should be added to the books.
    Does this mod require other mods with gems or can this be a vanilla + tinkers construct only game
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes